Fresh_Baked

..Not trying to be a dick, I'm genuinely curious, what is the use for a big glass LSV mouthpiece?

One day while vaping I was bored so I decided to take my hose and mouth piece off and to just inhale from the end of the wand while holding my SSV.

I ended up seeing myself in a mirror and snort-laughing causing myself to blow my bowl into the heating element.

Not my brightest moment.

Breathemetal

Yeah I think they look pretty cool too. It'd be nice for laying down in bed with, since my SSV can't really do that all too easily.

Agreed.
My buddy wants a ssv bad, so i could sell him that and get a lsv instead... Nah. I want...no i neeeed the dab kit. So nvm.

Breathemetal,
Reactions: ShipDit

Vitolo

Vaporist
Careful
You guys could step into murky waters..
I have vapes around the house... and one room that is nothing but vapes.
I am lucky... My house is comfy, and my wife has her own "Girl Cave"...
I am just saying watch your step, now that you're officially VAD (Vape Acquisition Disorder)
Making sure your partner gets a fair share of space and "new shit" goes a long way in a family~

Fresh_Baked

Careful
You guys could step into murky waters..
I have vapes around the house... and one room that is nothing but vapes.
I am lucky... My house is comfy, and my wife has her own "Girl Cave"...
I am just saying watch your step, now that you're officially VAD (Vape Acquisition Disorder)
Making sure your partner gets a fair share of space and "new shit" goes a long way in a family~

It's too late, I've already caught the bug. The worst part is that it's not only the vape bug but also the glass bug.

Life is rough :lol:

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Oh boy fresh you are in big trouble lmfao. I am glad oh so glad I don't have the glass issue.

Dreamerr,

Fresh_Baked

Oh boy fresh you are in big trouble lmfao. I am glad oh so glad I don't have the glass issue.

Yeah glass is a painfully expensive hobby. I have a few nice pieces but nothing on the scale of the crazy Elbo dino rigs and stuff people have. Maybe someday, though!

I actually am looking to start blowing glass myself in the future.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Except mobius... Damn mobius brilliance

<----------I quit having the GAS after her, in my avatar. :)

Wasted $350 on "cheap" glass, only to finally pick up the Clear Matrix. Couldn't be happier.

Speaking of glass, I broke down and ordered the VB mini to do a comparison w/ my screen mod. For science of course, :science:. I'm guessing my screen mod will also work with it, for even smaller loads.

I've also been contemplating the LSV. But I really want a portable, and a log, and maybe the cloud, ugh......:ugh:

Meremoth

AKA ♫ Stinky Wizzleteats ♫
One day while vaping I was bored so I decided to take my hose and mouth piece off and to just inhale from the end of the wand while holding my SSV.

I ended up seeing myself in a mirror and snort-laughing causing myself to blow my bowl into the heating element.

Not my brightest moment.

LOL! :rofl:

BTW, if you end up getting the VB mini wand, let me know what you think about it.

Wasted $350 on "cheap" glass, only to finally pick up the Clear Matrix. Couldn't be happier.

Speaking of glass, I broke down and ordered the VB mini to do a comparison w/ my screen mod. For science of course, :science:. I'm guessing my screen mod will also work with it, for even smaller loads.

I've also been contemplating the LSV. But I really want a portable, and a log, and maybe the cloud, ugh......:ugh:
I use to be into glass until I realized I might as well be considered a toddler when around it. I've broken thousands of dollars worth of glass pieces.

The main reason I use to use glass was for water filtering combustion, but now that I only vape I really don't see the need to water filter. You can take that with a grain of salt seeing how I actually have never water filtered vape, but like I said, I always wanted to water filter when I combusted and just do not feel the urge to do so with vapor.

That makes me wonder, how many of the good properties of cannabis are water-soluble? I know THC isn't, and I assume a lot of the cannabinoids are not, otherwise water-filtration wouldn't be so awesome, but what about all the rest?

Let me know what you think about the VB mini when you get it.

And speaking of the VX Cloud, I have one on the way. :rockon:

I was actually originally going to get the Cloud instead of the SSV, but got the SSV instead because my buddy with a DBV kept raving about how much he loved his, plus I wanted a vaporizer that I knew was going to be super reliable and I have heard of people that have had their DBV's and SSV's on for years without turning them off.

The only thing is if you get one now and there is something wrong with it, it might take awhile for them to repair it because they just recently got rid of their manufacturer, that they are also having legal problems with, and I think they're out of stock of parts.

I also need to get a portable. You can get a Solo for $140, but I think I'm going to wait for the Ascent Vaporizer to come out and see what people say about it.

Once I get the Cloud and Ascent I think my upgradinitus will be quelled for awhile, plus I need to get a new gaming PC and audio equipment.

Meremoth,
Reactions: Vitolo

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
The main reason I use to use glass was for water filtering combustion, but now that I only vape I really don't see the need to water filter.

Now I'm the opposite. Never liked water for combustion, it took away the taste of the green hit and it burned through a ton of flowers. The water would stink and leave a nasty stain/smell when spilled. Wasn't very portable and too fragile/risky to travel with.

Now with vapor I can take 30 drags off off half as many flowers as I used to get three hits from a water pipe. I can judge the vapor output of my wand, to adjust temperature and to tell when it is spent. I can go through 10X more flowers and still have a cleaner bubbler, and even then cleaning is so much easier to remove vapor resin than burnt carbon matter.

Then there is the benefit of cooler, cleaner, moistened vapor. I couldn't wait for the day my first bubbler came. Now I use water 95% of the time. Watching the bubbles dance around, the chamber filling with vapor, and then watching it all clear out makes my sessions even more tranquil. Just packing a wand via suction I get flower dust in my mouth. Then I see how much dust is left in the hose and in the wand, I fear that it would make it to my lungs w/o some sort of filtration.

Let me know what you think about the VB mini when you get it.

Should be here Friday, :D, but I like to use a new product for a few days to a week before I make any judgments.

Tweak,

Meremoth

Even before I started vaping, I always thought combusting was dirty, so I thought water would clean it up and perhaps remove some of the bad chemicals created from ignition, hence all my bongs, bubblers, etc.

But vaping feels very clean to me. I suppose you probably inhale some particles. I guess I would need to know more about how your lungs handle the particles before I consider it necessary "dirty".

Eventually I'm going to water vape once I get a hydratube, and then I'll know which one I actually prefer, but I think the convenience of dry vaping will make me do that more (I'm really anal/OCD about changing my water and having the perfect water level). I might just save the water vaping for when I want to try to clear a load in one rip.

BTW, I'm so glad I came across your screen mod for the SSV. I don't think I'll ever use it the way you're actually suppose to ever again.

I got the regular 6.25 mm stainless steel ones working. I insert it flat, not domed, and then naturally dome it by pushing the sides down as I'm inserting it. I push one side down, and I keep going around until it's level, and that makes a dome. I don't use a screen at the bottom anymore, as resin has built up on the walls of my wand where my screen doesn't flip as easily anymore.

Also, just got my Cloud in! :smug:

Can't use it yet though, had it shipped to work, but once I get it home, it's on like... on like... Michelle Kwan?

Edit:

Isn't it kinda weird to have this emoticon in the FC forums - :spliff: ?

I guess you could pretend it's a vaporizer, or use it in a context like "fuck :spliff:"

:p

Breathemetal

Hey does anyone know if the Vapor Blunt 2's screen would work for the screen mod?
I dont ever use it anymore for flowers because it is a so-so vape...but for oils it is nice!

Breathemetal,

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
Sooo i tripped over my SSV cord. It slammed down from 3 feet off coffee table onto mexican tile.Well to my amazement zero damage!The metal base prevented the knob getting broken and my HC ejected about 3 feet unharmed "newer spring clip no shims".I fully expected from the sound of things to be out of service at least a week or more waiting for parts.Just so happy with such a great product.Still works like new from day one:tup:

Meremoth

Sooo i tripped over my SSV cord. It slammed down from 3 feet off coffee table onto mexican tile.Well to my amazement zero damage!The metal base prevented the knob getting broken and my HC ejected about 3 feet unharmed "newer spring clip no shims".I fully expected from the sound of things to be out of service at least a week or more waiting for parts.Just so happy with such a great product.Still works like new from day one:tup:

I think that's my favorite thing about the SSV, the reliability and durability.

I've heard of people leaving their DBV and SSV on for 8 + years, basically on every day and night. That's pretty awesome.

Vitolo

Vaporist
My SSV has been on three years non stop.
At bedtime, I do reduce the temp to lower setting and at 4 a.m. I put it back to 1 pm on the dial.

Here is my philosophy:
The only actual mechanical working part on the SSV is the On/Off switch.
The temp control is a sliding rheastat...
In a home ... the light switch and every other On?off switch gets a span of 25,000 clicks before it is dead/worn.
My SSV has had in 3 years MAYBE a dozen clicks......
I have reduced the potential failure causations by a high percentage, leaving my failure rate dependent on my own foolhardiness. (dropping unit from the roof etc.)

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I own the DVD cause I am such a baby. One of my favorite movies.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom