FG

Quick question, Is it safe to leave the surfer on (12 o'clock) all day?

Thanks

FG,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Yep.
7th floor had a surfer on in their warehouse 24/7 for years.
I can't remember, but it was somewhere near the range of 3-6 years.

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Vitolo

beach bum

How the hell did the SSV thread drop all the way to page 3? Everybody medicating instead of posting? ;)

Did my first "big clean" this morning. Wish I was as diligent as Vito (every other day), but I was concerned about getting the screen back in once I took it out. Wish I'd done it sooner - was easier than I expected. Used a "pokey" to get it from behind (oh...that just sounded bad...:lol:) and tweezers to grab it from the front end. Slid a new one in there and just poked it down into place with the tweezers. Took me about 60 seconds, from start to finish. Cleaned the old one off and keeping it for the next change out.

Does anybody reclaim from the wand? Lots of goodies in there, but I couldn't find any good tool handy to scrape it out. Ended up wasting this batch, as cleaned everything with ISO/salt (I don't save this - I know others make ISO hash with it). If anybody "scrapes out" the solids, what are you using to get at it without scratching the glass? Thanks in advance!

beach bum,

TNK

Hey Beach Bum, I've been using an artist spatula. I found one that is skinny enough to go all the way through to the screen. Even though its stainless steel i'm careful not to scratch anything.
Works for me

TNK,

ninwest

Ninja
I just use the poker that came with the ssv to reclaim the goods from my wand. Somewhere tokinglx has a video on this. Its not 100% effective at getting every last bit out, but if your like me,what does come out will be more than enough.

ninwest,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Does anybody reclaim from the wand?

Ha ha, that's a silly question. I look forward to the days I evaporate the alcohol from my reclaim. IMO, wand reclaim is much much faster way of collecting a "hash" than kief from a grinder. And it revapes great in the SSV.

Personally I use an old timey ear pick to clean my wand.
dsc3302c.jpg

It would work great to reclaim a big build-up, but I never wait that long and just scrape + ISO into a jar. Then I reclaim when the jar is full of golden ISO mix goodness.

There is a thread somewhere here on the FC with a link to a set of these. I also use another pick from the set to shove the screen out and into place, as these are long enough to reach the length of the wand. They do not damage the screen half as bad as the pokey thing.

dsc3288a.jpg

Works great for a stir rod too. Acts as a lift as there is a slight angle at the tip. Stainless steel too.

Tweak,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I just use the poker that came with the ssv to reclaim the goods from my wand. Somewhere tokinglx has a video on this. Its not 100% effective at getting every last bit out, but if your like me,what does come out will be more than enough.

Yeah this is how I do it too. It got probably 80% of it clean. I heat the wand to aid in scraping, and roll the tubing between my fingers to reclaims the kiefy hash in the whip. I did my cleaning after several months of use around 2 ounces or so. I harvested about 1 gram of hash from the wand and another gram of more kiefy hash from the screen and whip.

@freddy it ran for 6 yrs 24/7

Puffers,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
After using all three wands for 6 weeks, I'm really digging the Spherical GG. It's by far my personal favorite.

The standard is nice, but I keep worrying that I'm going to scorch my herb. Especially when its fully packed and closer to the HC hole I always have to keep the temp low at first. Then there is the area around the edges of the screen that always gets clogged and still appears to be green after a sesh. And lastly, I cannot stir the standard without spilling some as there isn't much room with a full pack.

With the SGG HC, I can use my GG wand + EQ elbow screen and it fits perfectly into the HC hole. I haven't tried it yet but it appears the standard wand would also work on the SGG HC and seals quite nicely. So basically I could use any wand with the SGG HC. :rockon:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all three combos. Variety is the spice of life, but my SGG is my go to.

Any other :love: for the SGG?

Tweak,

KaSaBiS

So I have been using my DBV exclusively for 5 years and just 3 weeks ago I finally pulled out my OG zongs (10 to 12 yrs old at least) and have been getting to play with them via vaporbong. so thank all of you crafty folks for helping me realize that I can still use my old toys.

I am ready to upgrade to a SSV and want to know if anyone has had any luck buying them via alternate retailers (unauthorized) Seems like you can save a hundred bucks, but I dont know if its worth the risk if I get one and all the glass is loose and mismatched etc. plus you lose the 3 yr warranty. any one have any recommendations for me?
thanks

KaSaBiS,

Vessel

I am ready to upgrade to a SSV and want to know if anyone has had any luck buying them via alternate retailers (unauthorized) Seems like you can save a hundred bucks, but I dont know if its worth the risk if I get one and all the glass is loose and mismatched etc. plus you lose the 3 yr warranty. any one have any recommendations for me?
thanks

At www.silversurfervap.com/ find their contact info and email them for a 'blemished unit'. You can get units that function just like any other for only 190$ w/ GG, maybe less if you go standard. You'll still get the 3 yr warranty-

The blemished units will have something small like a scratch or a finger print in the paint. They will not come with a carrying bag but you could buy that separately if you wanted one.

Can anyone compare the whip hits from the SSV and the Extreme Q ? I've tried the EQ with the SSV tubing, but felt the original tubing was better at drawing in thicker more consistent vapor on that unit . Since the whole setup of the SSV is different I am sure its og. tubing would function differently with that unit. The whip hits w/ the ssv tubing on the EQ where a bit airy.

So far my EQ is the only vape I've tried minus the mflb. I really wish I could try out units before I buy them. I would like something efficient but most importantly highly effective in my next vape.

Vessel,

KaSaBiS

At www.silversurfervap.com/ find their contact info and email them for a 'blemished unit'. You can get units that function just like any other for only 190$ w/ GG, maybe less if you go standard. You'll still get the 3 yr warranty-

Interesting but I am buying the rainbow Zen for the beauty of it. Now that u say that ill bet all these great deals are blemished models that ppl are reselling.

As far as the thicker vape hits ur talking about, can't u just draw slower to make it chalky?

KaSaBiS,

Vessel

Interesting but I am buying the rainbow Zen for the beauty of it. Now that u say that ill bet all these great deals are blemished models that ppl are reselling.

As far as the thicker vape hits ur talking about, can't u just draw slower to make it chalky?

You could request a zen unit, I think they would be able to actually come through on that. I think they have them in just about every fashion, It would be worth it to email them and see. Usually takes 2-3 days for them to get back to you through email but you can just call them at the shop and ask, their really easy to work with.

That's actually my plan if I ever get a SSV - Going through the MFG. has its advantages and if you can save in the process of that then +

Vessel,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I freaking love my SSV what else could possibly let you blow mind bending gigantic clouds. I was
Iiterally blowing vapor rings out like a dozen of them lol. My garage was damn near cloudy with a vapor haze in the air......that was with the door open to outside. The SSV just fucking kicks ass like Chuck Norris :bowdown:

PS: Lots of wand hash topped meds makes for great sessions but very frequent cleaning of your screen I have noticed

webb

Level 100 Lurker
So I have been using my DBV exclusively for 5 years and just 3 weeks ago I finally pulled out my OG zongs (10 to 12 yrs old at least) and have been getting to play with them via vaporbong. so thank all of you crafty folks for helping me realize that I can still use my old toys.

thanks

I have gotten 2 Rainbow Zens off ebay from the seller allstarwholesales. They have good communication and shipping times.

webb,

Vessel

I am tempted to get a SSV - it seems it would be a nice reliable piece that would outlast most other vapes while still maintaining its quality of performance. I like the air path as that should give better tasting hits compared to the EQ, especially over a period of time. I think the VB mini wand along with a decent water filtration device could fill all that I am looking for in a new vape setup.

I wonder if possibly one could use the Underdogs stem as a smaller bowl forming a seal (if possible) around the standard HC. With their glass stems they have you could run tubing from that to make a mini whip - I don't know how well this would work But I believe with the ssv being as versatile as it that there are many ways to make it something for everyone.

Vessel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have used many types of wands (as long as they are glass) against the standard HC of the SSV.
Once a vapor enthusiast, you can make almost anything work.
I still use the SSV wand though!

Vitolo,
Reactions: Vessel

Tuck

I have a method of cleaning that makes cleaning easy and quick and doesn't use any solvents. I take an old piece of tubing and after a session while the wand is really hot, I shove the tubing all the way up the wand as far as I can. The tubing will push all the wandhash up into the glass. Then I pull the tubing out and use my pokey stick to get anything left behind. Then I'll use the pokey stick on the tubing to get any goodies sticking to it.

webb

Level 100 Lurker
I have a method of cleaning that makes cleaning easy and quick and doesn't use any solvents. I take an old piece of tubing and after a session while the wand is really hot, I shove the tubing all the way up the wand as far as I can. The tubing will push all the wandhash up into the glass. Then I pull the tubing out and use my pokey stick to get anything left behind. Then I'll use the pokey stick on the tubing to get any goodies sticking to it.
Interesting tip! I'll try this soon as I am getting alot of wand hash too.

webb,

placetime

Have any of y'all tried the new bubbler/moisturizer styles that 7th Floor has on their site (e.g., the "19" and the Ground Glass Jar bubblers)? I haven't been able to find any reviews or videos of them, but in my opinion they sure look cool! :cool:

placetime,

Ben Katz

Hey FC, I recently decided to buy a vaporizer. At first I bought a magic flight and hated it. The learning curve wasn't too difficult, it just didn't pack a punch at all. Another thing(BRAND NEW, never been used) was that no matter what if you had a battery pressed in vapor would appear. I burnt off all the oils at first. And went through 4 battery chargers and still the same smoke stuff every time. I eventually said "I paid $100 for this I may as well use it and run the health risks." After two weeks of using it I 'mastered' the vape, and IMO, it's a giant piece of shit. I think anyone who has one and loves it must have little tolerance or smoke little and always has top self stuff.

The purchase of that shit box made me think vaping was the dumbest thing in the world, but I wasn't about to quit. I looked into desktops and portables, and decided on this bad boy
21oaej9.jpg

I absolutely love it, best purchase I ever made. Also my other parts
es9nqr.jpg

Buy anyway I'm Ben Katz, and I'm new to FC.

webb

Level 100 Lurker
I did this today and, let me say, this method works MUCH better than trying to scrape. Thanks for spreading the knowledge! :peace:
And Ben, welcome to FC!

webb,

Ben Katz

I did this today and, let me say, this method works MUCH better than trying to scrape. Thanks for spreading the knowledge! :peace:
And Ben, welcome to FC!

I did it on accident too! Last night I was robo tripping with a friend and while talking to him I stuck the tube halfway up the wand. Not too much was left over on the tubing so (lol) I just ate it off and decided I was too high to vape-tend anymore for the trip.

Also thank you for the welcome. 7th floor for life :)

Ben Katz,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Hows my fave vape's thread fall off to the third page? Well heres something cool i been wanting to share for a while....

When i first got my surfer, i got some ceramic discs for concentrates, and concentrates they do work well for, but i had a nifty idea. I noticed, they also fit in the hose end of the wand on my ssv wand, so i popped a clean one in and put the hose back, like so...

35d3yb5.jpg

This only works with the white ceramic discs with larger holes from 7th floor, the black disc with small holes likely wont fit in the hose end of the wand. Also they are each unique and some white need may have to their edges gently broken to fit, some fit perfect.

This pic was dated feb 18, so there it stayed, for over 5 months. I would pop it out when screen changing, but put it back in. At first it would roll around when moving the wand. But once it got pretty hashy in there it got stuck at the bottom. It didnt block airflow, as its full of holes.

So the other day, i was lookin at it, it seemed to be well saturated in wand hash so i pulled it out and it looked like this...
bg7pd0.jpg

What once was a white disc is now a wand hash infused disc!

I put it in the other end of the wand. Warmed up the surfer kinda higher than for herbs and vaped it up. It had that tasty "nutty" taste wand hash has and it was potent! I was blowed back! Got a good number of hits on one side then flipped it for a second session later.

I suppose you can put in back in the wand and repeat, letting it once again build up wand hash and vape, but ill put in a new one.

Just wanted to share my lil expieriment!

Sorry if my pics turn out huge!

Top Bottom