webb

Level 100 Lurker
Hell yeah! That's another reason I love the SSV so much. It is so versatile and has many ways to save herb and still look awesome.

Did you still get usable wand hash in the wand?

webb,

Ben Katz

Hows my fave vape's thread fall off to the third page?

I always wonder this too, I'm surprised you don't see more SSV love on this website.

But you've inspired me to buy one of those white disks to use, that is a great idea. Looks like I may make an order from 7th floor this month, I've been wanting to get a few things anyway.

Ben Katz,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
^^^maybe this is a good thing. Its ease of use and reliability cause little to no problems/questions.

Yeah pick up some, they work great for hash and concentrates and you can do all kinds of creative things with them.

The vapor guru, Vito, once shared a lil trick where he stacked them two deep, i need to check that out again to remind myself of what he did.

YoGranMazPimp,

Ben Katz

^^^maybe this is a good thing. Its ease of use and reliability cause little to no problems/questions.

Yeah pick up some, they work great for hash and concentrates and you can do all kinds of creative things with them.

The vapor guru, Vito, once shared a lil trick where he stacked them two deep, i need to check that out again to remind myself of what he did.

We can have our own little SSV club. Also when you remind yourself, share.

Ben Katz,

webb

Level 100 Lurker
Has anyone seen the Darth Vapor shirt on the ssv site? Its pretty cool i may just have to get it

webb,

Ben Katz

I saw it, but it was a little expensive. I do plan on buying a standard SSV shirt next time I make an order.

Also, I'm really interesting in buying one of the dual hose want kits, with the valve mouthpieces and extra hose.

Ben Katz,

webb

Level 100 Lurker
I bought a gray SSV shirt and after the first wash the sewing in the bottom of the shirt started to come out. Needless to say, I was pissed. So just wanted to give you a heads up.

And yeah, those look pretty interesting. I wonder if one person pulls harder if they would get more or less vapor or if it makes a difference.

webb,

Ben Katz

Wow, thanks for the heads up! That would piss me off, lol. And it should make a difference, shouldn't it? It always seemed that way when my old friend and I would smoke from a hookah, but I could be wrong.

Also does anyone own a custom wand? I know it's a good bit away, but my girlfriend is going to buy me a custom wand for Christmas and I'm already excited. :lol:

Ben Katz,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
^^^i got a grey SSV t shirt with my purchase of the surfer and it being one of my favorite T'S, gets worn and washed frequently and holds up great. No fraying, minimal fading and no shrinkage. Maybe they use different tshirt makers sometimes. Wish i had a MFLB and TV tshirt too!

@ben - i dont have a custom wand, but i frequent the 7th Fl. Retail shop and inquired about some custom glass before and know they can be quite a few weeks to receive a custom order. What a gift! I love stoney gifts. So get a order in with plenty of time for xmas. Give em a call and they can say their exact turnaround time.

Heres one thing i considered when thinking about a custom wand, my ssv, standard SGG wand and all its accessories fit perfect in its ssv case. Most custom wands are either longer, thicker or both and likely wont fit safely in the standard ssv case with the vape in there too. So either another case is needed for the wand, or just leave my new custom glass around somewhere. Just food for thought.

Vape on

YoGranMazPimp,

Ben Katz

Good to know, I hope that I get a good shirt then.

She was just going to pick out one that was already made off the website, but that's good to know. That sucks it takes so long to get custom parts and SSVs, but I'm sure it's well worth it. You make a good point with the case, it would be hard to pack it up if I need to to.

The other night I took my sleeping medicine and I put an ALT sticker on my SSV. I kind of like it right now, but if I wanted to get it off could I rub the gunk off with ISO? Or would it damage the paint? The only reason I ask is because I read that wrapping the chord around the vape can damage the paint.

Ben Katz,

webb

Level 100 Lurker
Go to page 118 for my custom wand and mouthpiece. You won't be disappointed!:D

webb,

Ben Katz

Go to page 118 for my custom wand and mouthpiece. You won't be disappointed!:D

Wow that was really nice looking, I like it a lot. I have to agree with the guy who says it looks like the 80s, because it does. MTV wand :lol:

Also webb, SSV vs VapeXhale. What do you think?

Ben Katz,

clarko

Just played with ssv today for the first time after opening the package straight from 7th floor. Thing worked wonderful and I was so happy. Somebody blew a few of the vaporables down into the heater cover. It was then not working well at all.

I very gently and carefuly removed the heater cover and replaced it after gently blowing it clean. It is still not working well at all! One thing that I noticed is the very top of my heater is not orange. I don't think it was to begin with though. I may be wrong.

Can I ask does the very tip of the ceramic heater glow orange or is it white while in operation while the rest of the ceramic heater glows.

clarko,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Sold my surfer a couple years ago, but as far as i remember only the middle glowed orange, possibly the bottom too but the top inch or so was always white

Mynameismud,

clarko

Sold my surfer a couple years ago, but as far as i remember only the middle glowed orange, possibly the bottom too but the top inch or so was always white
Awesome that is good new thanks. Only the very tip of mine is white alot less than an inch so it must be working fine as far as the heater is concerned. I am going to try some different things today like putting in a new screen. I will turn the temp up way higher than normal at like 4 o clock and it wont combust or brown all the way anymore.

clarko,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Just played with ssv today for the first time after opening the package straight from 7th floor. Thing worked wonderful and I was so happy. Somebody blew a few of the vaporables down into the heater cover. It was then not working well at all.

I very gently and carefuly removed the heater cover and replaced it after gently blowing it clean. It is still not working well at all! One thing that I noticed is the very top of my heater is not orange. I don't think it was to begin with though. I may be wrong.

Can I ask does the very tip of the ceramic heater glow orange or is it white while in operation while the rest of the ceramic heater glows.

That is normal. I was thinking I had the same problem when I first got my ssv. It seems the tip may only glow when its on full temp. Did you already locate your ideal temp/knob position? This could be caused by it just not being hot enough. I noticed this happen when I start vaping before its fully warmed up. What kind of problems are you having?

YoGranMazPimp,

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Joined the SSV club today! This is my second vape...

DSCN4175.jpg

DSCN4174.jpg

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
^^^^sick surfer! I love the white and the inner design is hott. I didnt know they did designs inside too. I love those knobs with the vortex illusion going on! Killer custom wand too! I love it. Thanks for sharing.

YoGranMazPimp,

Ben Katz

I want one of those so bad oh my god! I've wanted one since I saw them come out, and if I hadn't of bought one literally days before I would have gotten that one instead.

Ben Katz,

clarko

That is normal. I was thinking I had the same problem when I first got my ssv. It seems the tip may only glow when its on full temp. Did you already locate your ideal temp/knob position? This could be caused by it just not being hot enough. I noticed this happen when I start vaping before its fully warmed up. What kind of problems are you having?

Well see that's the issue, when I first started using it it was working awesome and the knob was set at about 2 o clock like what is reccomended. Ever since my buddy blew barely anything into it, that setting won't do anything and when I turn it up to about 5 o clock it works but not good and wont fully brown or combust anything. I isoed my wand and its screen and that didn't work. Now I'm trying a brand new screen but my hopes are not very high.

edit: Ok well my knob fell off and when I put it back on now it wont even goto 5 o clock so theres part of my issue. It did not turn completely brown this time but it almost did and none of it was its original color. It actually worked pretty good! I'm going to keep experimenting because I do not have the unit all the way up and the knob obviously wasnt on. I was sure it was broken yesterday but now I'm happy.

clarko,

clarko

It turns out I am having knob problems I would have edited that post but couldnt twice sry for double post. So the unit was working great and my ideal temp setting was at the 2 o clock position today. The knob was not fully attached again so I put it back on and now the starting position of the knob is say 10 o clock and the max temp is 7 or 8 o clock and even at max temp now it will not work good at all or combust! Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong.

clarko,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Let me try to help you out. I know issues with a new vape suck and ill do what i can to help.

First id recommend removing and putting the knob back on with its pointer facing downward, like so..
vo5s07.jpg

Its makes for a easier reference point to remember your sweet spot. Be careful to remove fully straight and line up threads on knob carefully so not to strip them.

With the knob attached as mentioned, i found a great warmup and low temp vaping position to be in the 12 o clock position like so
2saj7gj.jpg

In this position the tip of the element is white still, vapor production seems lower cause the low temp vape is different, lighter and almost blueish in the bong or in the exhale. Herb browns lightly here. Be sure to stir between hits.

Lastly, i sometimes use the 2 o clock position, as shown below..
dhbyg1.jpg

I use this temp with hash topped bowls or hash alone. I use this temp to get it a little browner ABV and it seems to get it as close as you can get before combusting but dont draw too long. The tip of the element is less white in this position. This position also works well with the aroma top.

I hope this helps.

Vape on.

clarko

I hope this helps.
Thanks man. So I did everything you said and this helped me realized my unit may just not be getting hot enough. With the knob on the way you instructed at 2 and 12 o clock I get nothing no matter how long I try but the heater does glow orange in the middle. At 4 or 5 o clock max temp I can get really small hits but not much and the vaporables are the same color as they were to begin with. Using Standard tried another new screen and I'm being sure to make sure the wand and heater have a nice gentle seal

What is crazy is earlier today it wasn't working and I randomly put the knob back on and all of the sudden it worked great for 6 to 8 bowls and my ideal temp setting was 1 to 2 o clock. Then after I turned it off and came back later I've had no luck.

clarko,
Top Bottom