Random thoughts

killick

But I like it!
One of my oldest and best friend suddenly came down with lymphoma. He's not using mm because there was a terminal brain cancer patient in the same room as him, and the guy kept standing up and whizzing on the floor of the room. His friends were bringing him pot brownies, and the docs blamed that on the strange behaviour, and not the brain cancer. So now my friend is scared to use herb in any form. He is so skinny and bald. All I want to do is put him in his garage and hotbox him in. At the very least it would increase his appetite and mood. No pressure from me. I'm here to be a friend, not push anything on anyone, and that's what I'm doing. It just feels strange vaping meds beside a friend you know could benefit in some way...

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Our new car, and we paid cash! My first convertible. :) It only has 26,000 miles on it, and it's in mint condition! Still under bumper to bumper everything covered warranty too!

gsHLa45.jpg

V6I6FyL.jpg

Last edited:

°k

The sound of vapor
Just happened to realize that a 100 years ago people like my great grand-parents were right in the middle of WWI, most likely with family members and friends in a trench not yet breathing mustard gas but soon for it to arrive...

Edit: and now I see the post about WWII... while I know history is written by the winners, we've all seen pictures and movies of extermination camp, the physical appearance of the survivors, the look on their faces, the mass graves... I don't think it was possible to fake that.

killick

But I like it!
So yesterday I was invited to attend a 'beneficiary stakeholders' meeting at Veterans Affairs Canada in Ottawa. The purpose was to explain how medical cannabis is helping me and how I am using it. There were 10 or 12 vets there. One had a service dog. To my knowledge this is a first for a G8 country - medical marijuana patients speaking to government officials about the benefits of medical cannabis. In a federal facility. If you ask nicely I'll post a pic of me vaping in room 160S of the Canadian Parliament building yesterday. Will swap autographs for recipes ;)

gaseous_clay

Having one of those days where every time I open my mouth people look at me wondering why I'm talking.

I knew today was a day to just keep my mouth shut, but no... I had to go and try talking to people.

---------------------

The above random thought was pre-vape.

This one is post...

Why does existence exist? I mean, we are here. On a planet. All made of molecules. Why?

Last edited:

BD9

Having one of those days where every time I open my mouth people look at me wondering why I'm talking.

I knew today was a day to just keep my mouth shut, but no... I had to go and try talking to people.

---------------------

The above random thought was pre-vape.

This one is post...

Why does existence exist? I mean, we are here. On a planet. All made of molecules. Why?

I feel ya on this. Is it an awkward and tend to try too hard to be liked/fit in kind of thing? That's how it is for me.

gaseous_clay

I feel ya on this. Is it an awkward and tend to try too hard to be liked/fit in kind of thing? That's how it is for me.
More like... I deal with a bit of undiagnosed depression. One stage I occasionally hit just makes me want to deal with people as little as possible. Just the facts, please. When this hits, I try to not be a jerk and shut people out. Yet when I engage people it feels like they look at me like I'm bothering them. When I respond with something witty it is met usually with disinterest. The overwhelming feeling is defaulting to simply keeping my mouth shut would have been a good idea.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
More like... I deal with a bit of undiagnosed depression. One stage I occasionally hit just makes me want to deal with people as little as possible. Just the facts, please. When this hits, I try to not be a jerk and shut people out. Yet when I engage people it feels like they look at me like I'm bothering them. When I respond with something witty it is met usually with disinterest. The overwhelming feeling is defaulting to simply keeping my mouth shut would have been a good idea.
That has been a theme I can relate to. Other people can be a conundrum and then trying to have to sync up on their level. Much less with sorting out the depressive states beforehand.

Then there are those people who also need your energy. I have to keep those people at bay. Not to be a jerk about it. or to be a jerk about it. I dunno. I try not to be a drain on someone else's postivity and if I feel that I'm depressed, I quarantine it. Often times It is more physiological then psychological. But some demand you to feel what they are feeling. And there's one of the disconnects.

If you do crack a joke to a dull room, you can always end it with 'tough crowd tonite?'. Like a bombing comedian. Then proceed to tell some annoying jokes to break the tension and keep them guessing.:haw:
So yesterday I was invited to attend a 'beneficiary stakeholders' meeting at Veterans Affairs Canada in Ottawa. The purpose was to explain how medical cannabis is helping me and how I am using it. There were 10 or 12 vets there. One had a service dog. To my knowledge this is a first for a G8 country - medical marijuana patients speaking to government officials about the benefits of medical cannabis. In a federal facility. If you ask nicely I'll post a pic of me vaping in room 160S of the Canadian Parliament building yesterday. Will swap autographs for recipes ;)
Nice! I would like to take the pleasure of asking you to share your pic or any details on the event. Good sir! :nod:

killick

But I like it!
Just got off the plane home last night, and lost my phone somewhere between the airport and the house. I do have pix on my FB profile. I'll snaggle one from there and post it today. The more I think about it the more pleased I decided to vape there.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
A perfect name for a cannabis store: The Flower Pot. I've never seen a store named that. Except folks would think that it's a flower nursery. Thinking out loud......medicating with a day time strain called Dairy Queen using the nano.

Edit
@Vicki i love your new car too.:love:

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
So a couple of weeks ago I'm invited to Canada's Parliament buildings to speak with Veterans Affairs Canada as a beneficiary of the medical marijuana program. It's 3 time zones and a couple of plane changes away and I don't really wanna go... But I have a friend there, who just a little while ago got an 'all clear' from the oncologist. So I decide to go. I call my friend and find out that the remission has gone into it's own remission, and the 'hail mary' stem cell transplant was the longshot.

So I go and do my thing, come back to friends place at the same time they get back from the doc. 'A few weeks at best'. I've known this person for a very long time. He was best man at both my weddings (one a bunch of time zones out of synch), introduced me to my current wife (way before the first one), we've been blind drunk together in a whole bunch of 1st and 3rd world shitholes. We've fought with and for each other, and I would gladly spare a few organs if it would make any difference in his world. But it won't. I've been calling and emailing a bunch of friends and acquaintances from the old daze to let them know whats up, and it's kinda beating the crap out of me.

Anyways, this isn't the 'fuck you' thread, so I'm not going to go on about the bad things. Friends have been sending me pix of the old daze, including shots of the two of us carrying loaded weapons before we were old enough to go into bars in most of the country. I have some of the best memories a person can have, and I know we'll be swilling drinks again in some 1st or 3rd world shithole. Or wherever it is that we go after we shuffle off this mortal soil (Rab. C. Nesbitt mangled quote, not me). Except neither of us drinks. And one of us vapes. But we both vaped together last week.

Thanks for the memories brother.

Top Bottom