• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Random thoughts

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Any random thoughts, including questions are ok as long as they don't violate forum rules. :)

I'll start.....

I've been noticing something. Every so often when I pick up my prescriptions, I notice that different ones are either less or more potent. I know there is quality control, but I can feel a difference. I know it's either more or less than what it says. It seems to happen more with generics, but has happened once with brand name too.

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
Why do the actors in movies speak so quietly and dramatically? No one talks like that in reality. Seriously, when do two adults wisper to each other when there isn't anyone within earshot in a two mile radius? I just seems unrealistic to me and stops me enjoying the film.

Everytime I watch a modern movie I have to have the remote in hand to turn it up so I can hear important dialogue. Even with a good 5.1 system.

It's so annoying. Maybe it's just me.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Why do men think it's OK to urinate outside?:cuss: I can understand an emergency or if you are camping/hiking. Their little boys start school and think that's OK.

EDIT
We moms end up having to encourage nice manners. "Joey, You can't go pee on the playground":lol:

Last edited:

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
I always go outside to piss unless we have company. No neighbors here and it's 2 gallons of water every time I flush the toilet. My well was down to 2 ft' of water last month. Just trying to do my part to conserve water. :D

Edit: My wife gets angry when I piss in the sink/tub or don't flush the toilet.

:rofl:

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Why do the actors in movies speak so quietly and dramatically? No one talks like that in reality. Seriously, when do two adults wisper to each other when there isn't anyone within earshot in a two mile radius? I just seems unrealistic to me and stops me enjoying the film.

Everytime I watch a modern movie I have to have the remote in hand to turn it up so I can hear important dialogue. Even with a good 5.1 system.

No, it's not just you. Take "Ironman," for example. Movies like that have action scenes that seem as loud as an explosion, and the dialogue seems more quiet than a whisper.

While we are on the subject, didn't they pass a law that the volume on commercials was supposed to be substantially decreased? I'm not seeing a difference yet.

CarolKing

LINCOLN CITY, Ore. – People who got spinach on their sandwich or salad at a Subway restaurant in Lincoln City earlier this month may have unknowingly eaten food tainted by a dead rodent.

But the state health department said it didn’t put anyone in danger of getting sick.

“They [health inspectors] consulted with physicians and we followed their advice that, although it is not very appetizing, the risk of someone becoming sick due to eating lettuce with those particular circumstances were very low,” explained Cheryl Connell, Dir. Of Lincoln County Health and Human Services.

Watch: Dead rodent found in Subway sandwich

963482463001_4556558654001_video-still-for-video-4556514236001.jpg

Subway can't catch a break especially after the Jerred Fogle nightmare, now this. This doesn't make me want to eat at Subway.:ugh: I thought about putting this under Weird News Stories but I wanted to stick it here.

Any other thoughts. America has a short memory, maybe they will with this too. I don't know if I will be forgetting about this anytime soon.

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist

LINCOLN CITY, Ore. – People who got spinach on their sandwich or salad at a Subway restaurant in Lincoln City earlier this month may have unknowingly eaten food tainted by a dead rodent.

But the state health department said it didn’t put anyone in danger of getting sick.

“They [health inspectors] consulted with physicians and we followed their advice that, although it is not very appetizing, the risk of someone becoming sick due to eating lettuce with those particular circumstances were very low,” explained Cheryl Connell, Dir. Of Lincoln County Health and Human Services.

Watch: Dead rodent found in Subway sandwich

963482463001_4556558654001_video-still-for-video-4556514236001.jpg

Subway can't catch a break especially after the Jerred Fogle nightmare, now this. This doesn't make me want to eat at Subway.:ugh: I thought about putting this under Weird News Stories but I wanted to stick it here.

Any other thoughts. America has a short memory, maybe they will with this too. I don't know if I will be forgetting about this anytime soon.

OMG, that's disgusting! Must medicate before I vomit....:whoa:

And cotton candy grapes do too. :nod:

Hopefully I'll get to try that too! :)

farscaper

so mang things to hate... so many people to be offended by opinion and race and sex and creed and orientation....
but the important shit always slips away... cause in reality... we humans only care about shit that we cant fix and shit that doesnt matter...

whatever happened to fukushima?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...otage-japans-abandoned-nuclear-exclusion-zone

nobody talks about it... hell I know people who still dont know about the biggest nuclear disaster since chernobyl... how the fuck can that be? shits still destroying the oceans and land and nobody in the USA gives a damn cause they are so wrapped up in guns and race and sex and money and everyone wants to scurry to the tip top of the moral ladder... what do you see up there? cause I see a bunch of self righteous assholes who dont actually give a shit about anything but thier own personal agenda.

is it terrible I just like to sit back and watch the world burn?

who cares who holds the high ground when its little more than ash?

ironically a fat hemp crop could save us all from radiation.

http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/hemp-can-remediate-fukushima-radiation.html

some_men_just_want_to_watch_the_world_burn__by_kavinveldar-d743a0e.jpg

Last edited:

Joel W.

Accessory Maker

farscaper

heres another random thought...

why does Einstein have to be so on point?

cell phones have made people lazy and stupid.... even worse... it makes parents into terrible parents. ignoring children for a phone call or whats on facebook.

I hate when someone wants to read you this facebook post while their kid is just freaking out bawling for attention and moms like shhh im trying to have a conversation here... im like your kids trying to tell you she shit her pants and wants to be changed...

"well what makes you think that?"

idk maybe the fact she smells like she just activated the shit rocket to take off and I can smell the afterburners...

but whats even worse are the self righteous asswipes who think man
.. I really need to tell every parent to get off that phone and pay more attention.

so im shopping and im looking at my phone and some pretentious bitch walks up and says to my 3 boys...

"wheres mommy at? I bet she would be paying more attention to you in the store if MOMMY was here..." and im like ... im looking at my phone cause it has my grocery list on it lady...

and by the way... mommy died three days ago. so thanks for that. we really appreciate your FUCKING understanding.

disclaimer: mommy is not dead she was over yapping with some friend from work while I was shopping..

stupid people never quite know when to just jog on.:doh:

and thats my random thought for today.
:tup:
albert-einstein-quote.jpg

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
so im shopping and im looking at my phone and some pretentious bitch walks up and says to my 3 boys...

"wheres mommy at? I bet she would be paying more attention to you in the store if MOMMY was here..." and im like ... im looking at my phone cause it has my grocery list on it lady...

and by the way... mommy died three days ago. so thanks for that. we really appreciate your FUCKING understanding.

disclaimer: mommy is not dead she was over yapping with some friend from work while I was shopping..

stupid people never quite know when to just jog on.:doh:

and thats my random thought for today.
:tup:
albert-einstein-quote.jpg

I would have loved to have seen the look on her face!

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
We were at a restaurant a while back and my daughter asked my wife to use the potty, my wife said "OK, let's go".

She sat there waiting patiently for the people that were walking out to give her some room to get out of the booth when one lady standing in her way says " If you are going to make a promise, you really need to follow through with it"

I asked her " what did you just say"? She just put her head down and kept walking.

That's what I thought you said...

CarolKing

I just watched Dr. Phil with the Jarrod Fogle tapes of him, talking about arranging dates with young kids ages 11 and 12 years of age, some kids as young as 8. He is one sick piece of sh&$. The guys in prison will have a good time with this low life. I doubt if he makes it out alive after serving his time.

There's more to come tomorrow.

vapirtoo

Fukushima, the media is doing that Wizard of Oz thing, Don't pay attention to the little man behind the curtain,
I mean no coverage, no update and there is no fix for this . WTF!
On a lighter note, smart phones equals dumb people
I don't remember anyone's phone number so if I lose my phone I'm fucked.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep

And why don't people say 'goodbye' when ending a telephone conversation in films & T.V?

So often when I'm watching something, I'll see people talking on the phone and when they finish what they're saying they just hang up. No "you take care, bye!". No pleasantries at all. It's more like dropping the fecking mic! I mean, who does that? It's so rude!

I don't get it. And maybe this is just me.

It's the little things :uhh:

MuchLove!
:peace:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Fukushima is off the radar...
That Asian airline that disappeared off radar has also been forgotten about!
How the hell can something so big just disappear???
Anyone else noticing big news stories just seem to vanish after a while as if they never happened...

Seems like someone has their own Bermuda Triangle to dump unexplained events into...

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Those "news" stories are just like sports and American Idol, created to distract us.

The timing of this Reddit post
Have you considered why you believe that the Holocaust happened?

Think about it. You believe that it happened because people you trust told you it did. You believe that there is a huge amount of evidence because those same people that you trust told you that there is.

Have you examined the evidence yourself? Have you examined huge numbers of written accounts, and analyzed their accuracy? Have you visited the camps, spent years studying forensics, and collected the evidence you need to make a conclusion? Have you even gained enough knowledge to critically examine the work of the people who do claim to have done these things? Have you actually looked through the body of "videos and photos" and considered whether they constitute real evidence for the claims involved? Have you looked at Nazi records discussing mass extermination?

I suspect that 99% of the people on this subreddit have not done all this. I certainly haven't.

Now, I tend to trust the historians who have actually studied World War II. They put in the time, and they say it happened, so I accept that it happened. But I can't pretend that I did the work to gain that knowledge myself - someone else did that, and my acceptance of the Holocaust as a fact depends on my trust of those people.

So if you don't trust the establishment, whether that be the government, or historians, or the mainstream media, then it's very easy to doubt the work that they have done, since almost nobody has actually examined the evidence themselves. This holds true for almost all historical events. If I don't trust the US government to tell the truth for shit, then why should I believe that the first moon landing was anything other than a propaganda piece? All the evidence that says it happened is sourced from somebody I don't trust, and I'm sure as hell not going to go the moon myself to check.

This is why people disbelieve historical events - they don't trust the people who are the sole providers of evidence, and they are not able to put in the years of work to actually accumulate the evidence themselves.

Top Bottom