Random thoughts

°k

The sound of vapor
coal_2523783b.jpg

OOBubblesOO

Over-User of gifs
My first dental appointment in 3 years had me a bit nervous... The dentist saying 'things are looking really good' was a nice surprise :)

Oh god...I dread this day...

I fucking hate the dentist and it's been about the same amount of time since I've been...
I've needed to go in and get my wisdom teeth pulled since like...a year and a half ago. v.v

Hopefully I can find a good one out here in WA...the one I went to back home was an absolute nightmare...like...
...YEAH my gums are bleeding but it's because you just got done stabbing at them with your damned prison shank for a good half hour...not because I need to brush better.

Bubs :ugh:

Last edited:

BD9

The spec made me it's bitch.
I saw it. I attacked it from different angles. I picked it up, looked at it and put it back on the floor. It just laid there mocking me. I turned off the vacuum and sat beside it trying to be friendly. Still, it stared back and challenged me further. I turned the vacuum on again. Faster. Slower. Diagonally. Up and down. Back and forth. The spec laughed it's taunting laugh.
I finished vacuuming the rest of house and that fucking spec is still there. :bang::bang:
Oh well, the cat will find it and eat it at some point today................:ugh:

I think it's time for a little :leaf: :brow:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
  • Random Thought:"Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astroNaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham!, you just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
  • Jack Handy

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I saw it. I attacked it from different angles. I picked it up, looked at it and put it back on the floor. It just laid there mocking me. I turned off the vacuum and sat beside it trying to be friendly. Still, it stared back and challenged me further. I turned the vacuum on again. Faster. Slower. Diagonally. Up and down. Back and forth. The spec laughed it's taunting laugh.
I finished vacuuming the rest of house and that fucking spec is still there. :bang::bang:
Oh well, the cat will find it and eat it at some point today................:ugh:

You just cant reason with specs. Sometimes the best thing to do is just leave it for one of the animal's to lick up.

friedrich

Little-Known Member

I picked it up, looked at it and put it back on the floor.
back on the floor
:doh:
(...maybe it's your vacuum cleaner you need to have a word with)

ChooChooCharlie

"A Redwood Grows in Connecticut"

Visited arboretum in Stamford, CT last week.
Read sign on a big tree: Dawn Redwood
No shit! Known only through fossils before 1941, thought to be extinct. But, found living in remote area of China. Seeds distributed to arboreta around the world in 1947.

Rhododendrons were blooming too.

DL4BPWt.jpg

killick

But I like it!
Oh, yeah - also 150 seeds from the Overgrow Canada campaign. I germinated them in a bowl, then went around a couple of the shrubbed areas in the local parks (queue perv lurking in bushes music), poked holes with a pencil, and dropped a seed and some worm castings down the hole. And now we wait (taps fingers like Montgomery Burns...)

Sorry for double post, I was just too excited to wait any longer ;)

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
There are some seriously stupid people in this world.

Our neighbor's dog keeps trying to follow the kids on their waverunner.... and they can't get him to go back to shore. They keep circling around yelling at him to go back.....

So I guess it hasn't occurred to them that they should just go back to shore so the dog will go with them? :haw:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I just got some local honey from a small, private bee keeper, it's delicious, and hopefully helps my hayfever...

I mixed a lot of really nice reclaim oil with a spoonfull of this honey, I'm currently awaiting results....

Edit:-

Results are great, this works really well...

It comes in waves and is whole body high...

I hate coconut, can I infuse into honey, does it have a good enough fat content for the actives to bind too???

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
There are some seriously stupid people in this world.

Our neighbor's dog keeps trying to follow the kids on their waverunner.... and they can't get him to go back to shore. They keep circling around yelling at him to go back.....

So I guess it hasn't occurred to them that they should just go back to shore so the dog will go with them? :haw:

One of my 'pet peeves', pun intended...... Some dog owners either don't use common sense or don't think the rules apply to them. I've had dogs my entire life both big and small. When you have a dog you are responsible TO the dog and FOR the dog. Here's the latest bit of ridiculousness I've run into:

Two different homeowners associations in my area have recently required that residents bring in their dogs to have their DNA recorded. The DNA test was done at no charge although you can get fined for not bringing the dog in for the DNA test.

Why are they required to have the DNA test? Too many residents are not cleaning up what their dogs are doing on property they don't own. They even went so far as to install doggie garbage cans in the neighborhood with plastic bags available but even that convenience didn't work.

So the next time the resident doesn't clean up after their dog the association will DNA test the droppings and link it to the owner and fine them. Can you imagine how many times this had to be an issue for a policy like this to be approved and paid for by the residents and HOA?

They also reiterated the leash law and have had to reduce the warnings to 1 from 2 before issuing a citation and fine.

Geez.....

Maybe this belonged in the FU thread.....

MinnBobber

I just got some local honey from a small, private bee keeper, it's delicious, and hopefully helps my hayfever...

I mixed a lot of really nice reclaim oil with a spoonfull of this honey, I'm currently awaiting results....
............................................................................................
I miss my raw honey from my "dealer / barber". He had hives on his farm and sold it on the side.
Great stuff.
My latest bottle of "organic honey" says from Brazil------ is it really organic?

I have a little container of honey I've been taking for sore throat relief---just a dab at a time. A honey dab, not a reclaim honey dab :(

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
NEWS

MAY 29 2016, 8:30 AM ET
Gorilla Shot Dead at Cincinnati Zoo After Child Climbs in Enclosure
by ELISHA FIELDSTADT
f_gorillaenclosure_160529__433808.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

4-Year-Old Falls Into Gorilla Enclosure at Zoo 0:57
A 17-year-old gorilla was shot dead Saturday at the Cincinnati Zoo after it grabbed a child who had fallen into its enclosure, officials said.

The 4-year-old boy climbed under a railing and through wires before falling about 10 feet into the Gorilla World exhibit at about 4 p.m., said Cincinnati Zoo director Thayne Maynard.

Onlookers captured footage of the gorilla handling the child. via WLWT
First responders "witnessed a gorilla who was violently dragging and throwing the child," Cincinnati Fire Department Chief Marc Monahan wrote in a statement.

Once "the threat from the gorilla was neutralized by a Cincinnati Zoo employee with one shot from a long rifle," the child was retrieved and brought to Cincinnati Children's Hospital with serious injuries, the statement said.

The child, who has not been identified, remained conscious during the entire incident, which lasted more than 10 minutes, the statement said. The Associated Press reported that he was expected to recover.

The gorilla that was killed was a 400 pound male Western lowland silverback named Harambe, Maynard said. Western lowland silverback gorillas are considered critically endangered, according to the World Wildlife Fund.

It's really sad for the gorilla but they made the right decision. You have to save the the child. The gorilla could have crushed the boys head. The zoo needs to be checked out for any other safety concerns. The enclosure needed to be more secure it sounds like.

Some folks are questioning the zoo's choice to shoot the gorilla. They didn't have a choice IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom