Random thoughts

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
I work in medical distribution. I guarantee you the reason our medical state is the way it is has everything to do with lobbyists and payoffs and preferential treatment. When you have ex C-suite pharma and agra executives running the FDA and DEA, then there's not much that will change.

When Gardasil came out, it was allowed to bypass extensive test research because Merck lobbied the FDA that its benefits outweighed any long-term potential risks because of its claim to reduce cancers. 16 lawsuits, three whistle blowers, and lots of bad PR campaigns later, we know how well that turns out..

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I work in medical distribution. I guarantee you the reason our medical state is the way it is has everything to do with lobbyists and payoffs and preferential treatment. When you have ex C-suite pharma and agra executives running the FDA and DEA, then there's not much that will change.

When Gardasil came out, it was allowed to bypass extensive test research because Merck lobbied the FDA that its benefits outweighed any long-term potential risks because of its claim to reduce cancers. 16 lawsuits, three whistle blowers, and lots of bad PR campaigns later, we know how well that turns out..

Should I start Googling Gardasil or can someone share a link with the 'How well that turned out' facts. I have a vested interest in this one.

My daughter took the first of the Gardasil vaccinations. I think there were supposed to be 3 in total. Within two weeks she lost the vision in her right eye. We went crazy looking for a cause and the symptoms pointed to MS according to the doctors. Can't count the number and type of doctors we saw. She was under a lot of stress at the time taking college level prep courses, finals, was involved in many extra-curricular activities and was heavily involved in two sports. The stress and over working was in place before the Gardasil shots so we thought she was wearing herself down worse than we knew. I did some Google-Fu and found multiple, unconfirmed reports about the vaccine causing similar symptoms. Not one of the myriad of doctors we saw listened to my concerns that it was right after she got the first of the vaccine shots that she lost her vision. One doctor said it looks like MS but we'll need to wait for other events to confirm since a invasive diagnosis was not recommended. Around this same time the doctor who had given her the first vaccination of the series tried to talk me into completing them. I told that doctor until we know exactly what caused her vision loss she could forget giving my daughter the remainder of the series. Long story short....within a few months and under the same level of stress (I gotta give my kid credit for not allowing her vision loss to slow her down...I still don't know how she did it) she got her vision back. Everything has been fine since and I think it's been about 8 years since the vision loss occurred. We never finished the series of vaccines.

EDIT: I'm not saying we know for sure it was the vaccine AND since we'll never finish the series we may never know.

Last edited:

BD9

Should I start Googling Gardasil or can someone share a link with the 'How well that turned out' facts. I have a vested interest in this one.

My daughter took the first of the Gardasil vaccinations. I think there were supposed to be 3 in total. Within two weeks she lost the vision in her right eye. We went crazy looking for a cause and the symptoms pointed to MS according to the doctors. Can't count the number and type of doctors we saw. She was under a lot of stress at the time taking college level prep courses, finals, was involved in many extra-curricular activities and was heavily involved in two sports. The stress and over working was in place before the Gardasil shots so we thought she was wearing herself down worse than we knew. I did some Google-Fu and found multiple, unconfirmed reports about the vaccine causing similar symptoms. Not one of the myriad of doctors we saw listened to my concerns that it was right after she got the first of the vaccine shots that she lost her vision. One doctor said it looks like MS but we'll need to wait for other events to confirm since a invasive diagnosis was not recommended. Around this same time the doctor who had given her the first vaccination of the series tried to talk me into completing them. I told that doctor until we know exactly what caused her vision loss she could forget giving my daughter the remainder of the series. Long story short....within a few months and under the same level of stress (I gotta give my kid credit for not allowing her vision loss to slow her down...I still don't know how she did it) she got her vision back. Everything has been fine since and I think it's been about 8 years since the vision loss occurred. We never finished the series of vaccines.

EDIT: I'm not saying we know for sure it was the vaccine AND since we'll never finish the series we may never know.

@His_Highness, That was kind of a hard one to like, but wanted to show support for you and your family! Sending positive energy your way.

grokit

well-worn member
Getting high has made me think, or maybe realize, that most, if not all of my physical pain is probably related to tension and stress.
There's been some groundbreaking research on this; here's a link to the article that introduced me to it:

Under Pressure: The Search for a Stress Vaccine | WIRED

The vaccine never went anywhere (6 yo article) but this guy's (robert sapolsky) findings are incredible. He's become the top stress researcher in the usa, and likely in the world by this point. His work concentrates mainly on the psycho-social dynamics of chronic stress, and its physiological consequences.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Thanks @BD9. Appreciate it.

One thing I should have said is that I'm not one of those folks against all vaccinations. I believe not vaccinating your child with the vaccines that have been proven out for decades is wrong. I also believe you have to be your own advocate in all things medical and not lose sight of the fact that doctors are not gods. I'm gonna use this opportunity to un-derail the thread with the following random thought....

Many people, that are not doctors, have jobs that require they perform at a highly intelligent level and are just as smart if not smarter than many doctors. One of the biggest differences between them is whether making a mistake will cost time, money and a life.

BD9

My mother has to be the most evil person on this planet. Fuck her and her cult religion. She can die old and alone, it's her choice.

You're killin' me! This hits close to home. But I don't want to take anything away from what YOU are feeling now. Sending positive energy your way as well.

Having to parent a parent is never a comfortable thing. But it's often a necessary thing. I try to consider how humbling, and sometimes embarrassing, it is for my dad when I have to help him do things he can no longer do for himself. It keeps both of us from getting too frustrated.

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
... Her Jehovahs Witness religion makes it so she is not allowed to talk to me.
Sigh. I had a few online discussions with folks who turned out to be Jehovah's Witnesses in the mid-2000s at the old Webshots photo sharing/screensaver site. They seemed to be sneaking by participating there and were generally odd: not supposed to get information from unapproved sources or question the decisions of their leaders/elders. :uhh:

Last edited:

Choughed

There's been some groundbreaking research on this; here's a link to the article that introduced me to it

Thank you @grokit! That link was very useful. I was confused about why I feel so stressed when I don't seem to have much to stress about, but I see that it's not that simple. The answer seems to be to meditate, eat well and get some level of control in my life. I've been working on it, but it'll take a lot to fix a lifetime of hardwired stress. I really think that MJ is a useful part of the process, if only it were legal, then I wouldn't have to stress about getting busted. Haha. :)

I completely agree that useful medicinal herbs are often classified as noxious weeds on purpose. St John's wort grows well on my land, but again, I worry about the council's weeds inspector finding out and making me destroy it. The rest of this paragraph would need to be posted in the Fuck You!! thread. ;)

BD9

Do I always need to consider what others have gone through to explain or in some cases justify their actions. Is being abused a legitimate cause for abusing others? Is religion?
I'm fully aware a that I'm horrible person. Having that awareness forces me to 'try' to be better because I don't want to be horrible.
I don't do what I perceive as good because I want to go to a what I believe is a manufactured place with pearly gates, I want to do what I perceive as good because it's the right thing to do.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
@BD9 The unfortunate thing is that is EXACTLY how Christianity is SUPPOSED to be. Not this bastardized moral nonsense and pushing ideas and views. It's supposed to be living the example of Christ, who ate with prostitutes, made friends with corrupt people, and a relationship with God not for the sake of escaping hell and going to heaven, but because without that relationship I am in hell RIGHT NOW, or I have that relationship and am in heaven RIGHT NOW.

I get so sick of these revivalistic and watered down Christianity into a religion instead of a way of life of truth and love to those around us.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
@BD9 The unfortunate thing is that is EXACTLY how Christianity is SUPPOSED to be. Not this bastardized moral nonsense and pushing ideas and views. It's supposed to be living the example of Christ, who ate with prostitutes, made friends with corrupt people, and a relationship with God not for the sake of escaping hell and going to heaven, but because without that relationship I am in hell RIGHT NOW, or I have that relationship and am in heaven RIGHT NOW.

I get so sick of these revivalistic and watered down Christianity into a religion instead of a way of life of truth and love to those around us.

Well said!! I despise organized religion for that very reason. They are nothing like Jesus, more the opposite.

GetLeft

While there is evidence that there was a historical 'Jesus,' just about everything written and said about him, historically speaking, is fabrication. The gospels are in large part fabrications. Christianity (any organized religion for that matter) is and always has been and always will be (until they all just go away) a political organism aimed at wresting control and garnering power. Might not like to hear it but it's the truth.

What is life? What is death? How do my answers to these questions determine how I will live? These are the most fundamental questions a sentient being is faced with and in my opinion each of us is responsible for answering them for ourselves. The hell if I'm letting other people dictate the answer to those questions to me. Thank you very much. I'll take care of that on my own. My hunch is that the world would be a far greater place if more of us took on our individual responsibility in this regard instead of handing the responsibility over to others.

Want to know what is not fabrication? Pick up a book on meditation and practice a little.

How's that for random?

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Been drinking a really nice drink lately, lemon grass and ginger cordial....

Just spring water and naturally extracted lemon grass and ginger root....

It's the nicest drink iv ever tried....

Never thought I'd find a drink I like more than Pepsi.....

I recently quit Pepsi after drinking 50 cans a week for 10 years...

Oh yeah and fuck religion and all the misery it brings...although it brings joy to those who let it....

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I always had a really high metabolism and struggled to keep weight on, have always been slim....

I turned 30 a few weeks ago, and stopped smoking 9 months ago, I seem to have lost my ability to eat/drink endless amounts with no weight gain...

Also I have gone all out with the health thing, I don't want to eat bleached flour products or drink heavily chlorinated water anymore, amongst many other poiseness and toxic compounds we ingest an a daily basis, it's not normal...

We wonder why we all get cancer....

Look into the chemical compounds used to bleach flour and sugar...

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
We use a RO/DI water system and re-add trace minerals. It's not just chlorine in your water, pharmaceuticals are in there as well.

In fact, there is measurable birth control in our water because our water filtration systems are incapable of getting it out.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
When I fill my buckets of water for my plants, the smell of bleach/chlorine/chemicals, hits you in the face, you don't notice it if you just pour a glass of water, but filling a big bucket, and having a good sniff, gives you some idea of the contamination...

If it's not good enough for my plants, why is it good enough for me, or my children....

MinnBobber

Been drinking a really nice drink lately, lemon grass and ginger cordial....

Just spring water and naturally extracted lemon grass and ginger root....

It's the nicest drink iv ever tried....
could you please expand on what this is, exactly.
Is lemon grass extract a liquid available from health store?
A chunk of real ginger root or some kind of extract??

Thanks
I love Kenyan green tea and black tea but looking for more options/ variety

Top Bottom