Random thoughts

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
I was watching the racist grifter Drumpf talking to his peeps, and I noticed his two sons were not there.
So where the hell are Uday and Qusay and what are they planning?
;)

BD9

I was born in Florida and have lived in North Daytona, Inverness, and most recently Orlando. Just 2 miles from where this tragedy happened. I still have friends and family in Florida, with most being in the Orlando area.

50 dead. Up to 50 more are critically wounded. I'm sad, I'm angry. The most unfortunate thing is that I'm not really surprised.
If you are in Florida and have friends or family that have been affected by this, or you yourself have been affected, I'm deeply and sincerely sorry for your pain.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I was born in Florida and have lived in North Daytona, Inverness, and most recently Orlando. Just 2 miles from where this tragedy happened. I still have friends and family in Florida, with most being in the Orlando area.

50 dead. Up to 50 more are critically wounded. I'm sad, I'm angry. The most unfortunate thing is that I'm not really surprised.
If you are in Florida and have friends or family that have been affected by this, or you yourself have been affected, I'm deeply and sincerely sorry for your pain.

We are only 6 miles from the shooting, it's crazy. We are in a state of emergency right now. We are on our way to donate blood now.

turk

turk
...always amazing to me how PEOPLE are always babbling on and on about what God says...or wants...meanwhile God himself ...(mr omnipotent)...says nothing....hasn't said shit in my lifetime...yet all these"experts" babbling on and on...with their insipid beliefs ...so weary of this bulkshit..

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Getting high has made me think, or maybe realize, that most, if not all of my physical pain is probably related to tension and stress. I can't even get high enough to relax sometimes, I still have tight muscles, I try to remember to let go, or force myself to.. gosh it helps though, when I can.. The silly part is, it's just in my mind, I'm the only one doing it to myself.

Heck, this is more therapeutic than I thought. Ha! Temporary as it is, I'll take it and thank you all for helping me tonight. :)
that's me. 100% of my "dis-ease" is due to stress/type A & PTSD.

I rarely medicate enough to get "relaxed"... a mental barrier, yes.

grokit

well-worn member
that's me. 100% of my "dis-ease" is due to stress/type A & PTSD.

I rarely medicate enough to get "relaxed"... a mental barrier, yes.
Me too, along with a few medical errors made over a decade ago, the last time I consulted a non-integrative western physician. They do their best, but the system is fucked so medical errors are now the 3rd-leading cause of death in the usa. It's almost impossible now to find a doctor that will really do no harm.

I agree that the stress connection is huge, and it really gets in the way of healing for many people. I found robert sapolsky's research into the stress connection to disease and its sociology very illuminating.

farscaper

Why do people check the weather by looking at websites and listening to the news....

I say it's hot and muggy out already.

Wife looking at phone says... well its only 75 out it can't be to bad....

... ... ... I was just outside.... it's hot and muggy.... wtf...

The news said it's going to rain...

I'm sure it did... just like it did yesterday and the day before and the day before that.... yet it hasn't rained in a week...

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
An alligator takes a 2 year old child off the beach at a lake in Orange County FL at the Disney Grand Floridian Resort. The father tries to save the child and is unable to. They are trying to recover the body of the child. What a terrible nightmare for this family. Another tragedy in the same area. So sorry for this child's family. They are going to need therapy after this.

You FCers in FL are having some bad things going on this week. Hang in there @Vicki and @RUDE BOY

Last edited:

farscaper

An alligator takes a 2 year old child off the beach at a lake in Orange County FL at the Disney Grand Floridian Resort. The father tries to save the child and is unable to. They are trying to recover the body of the child. What a terrible nightmare for this family. Another tragedy in the same area. So sorry for this child's family. They are going to need therapy after this.

You FCers in FL are having some bad things going on this week. Hang in there @Vicki and @RUDE BOY
Last I had read they had already euthanized 4 alligators trying to find remains.... the father suffered only minor injury to his hands.

May this remind all parents.... watch your fucking kids.... especially around water. Especially when in gator counrty.

This reminds me of when i jumped into a wading pool because a boy was flailing face down in the water while two moms stood there right next to him in the water gossiping and not paying any attention. I had to cross half the pool to grab him up. He was choking on water and puking and they just stood their in amazement cause they were totally oblivious to a drowning child 4 feet away from them.

Just sad children are the ones who suffer in these moments. My heart goes out to the kids. They were a family of 4.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I've kayaked and fished with gators in close proximity for years and they don't show themselves close up to anything human near their own size.... unless they have gotten used to humans, are surprised in mating season or are protecting their own. They also migrate from one water based area to another as they deplete the food source so you could get surprised with a rogue. The worst case is when stupid humans feed them and they lose their fear. If their small target is near enough to a full grown human they'll take a pass unless they've been conditioned not to be afraid.

I know not to walk my dog near a murky waterway, especially after sunset, or let a child play near one. Just because there wasn't a gator there yesterday doesn't mean one isn't there today.

It was 9pm in the Disney Grand Floridian. The parents might have felt that man-made pond was as safe as the 'It's a Small World' water ride. It is the happiest place on earth after all. That father could have been close enough to his son to consider him safe in the water and all he would have seen is what looked like a small floating log before a swoosh and a splash made it too late. Seriously..a gator looks like a floating twig in the water till it's too late. I take people kayaking around them and when they say where are all the gators they are usually surprised when I point to them. They'll say....I thought it was a twig in the water. How did you know? I'll say 'Did you notice that the the twig is floating in the opposite direction of the current/wind?

There were no-swimming signs around that man-made pond but there was a sandy beach there so I'd bet kids walked in that shallow end all the time.

My heart breaks for these people.........lost count of the hugs I've given my grandson today.

farscaper

For closure purposes

For one Nebraska family, Walt Disney World went from being the happiest place on earth to a complete nightmare overnight.

The Graves family, from the Omaha suburb of Elkhorn, were seated at the edge of the Seven Seas Lagoon at Disney World’s The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa on Tuesday evening when two-year-old Lane wassnatched by an alligator while he waded in shallow water.

The boy’s father, Matt, 42, reportedlytried to wrestle the gator during the incident, sustaining minor injuries in the process. His wife, Melissa, 38, also went after her son, but was unable to secure him. The couple also have a 4-year-old daughter.

After nearly 18 hours of desperate searching, Lane’s body was discovered “intact,” roughly 10-15 yards from the shore in six-foot-deep water, according to the Orange County Sheriff. Officials reportedly scoured the lagoon for any signs of the missing toddler—finding at least five alligators in the process, euthanizing them to investigate their bodies for signs of interaction with the child.

“There’s likely no question, in my mind, that the child was drowned by the alligator,” Sheriff Jerry Demings said in a press conference.

The top official refused to comment on whether Disney’s lack of warnings about alligators—only “No Swimming” signs line the lagoon—may be at fault for the child’s death. “Disney will look at all of their protocols, and their signage, I’m sure, going forward,” Demings demurred.

Such alligator attacks are “very rare,” emphasized Nick Wiley, the executive director of Florida’s Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

“Everyone here at the Walt Disney Resort is devastated by this tragic accident,” said Walt Disney World vice president Jacquee Wahler.

ButterflySky

It is truly awful all the negative things happening in Orlando this week. Makes you realize how fragile life can be and not take your loved ones and time with them for granted.

Disney should have signage up, regarding alligators, not just "no swimming". People from all over world come there and aren't aware that any fresh body of water in Florida can have alligators in it. I believe most parents wouldn't let their kids near water if they were aware there was a gator in it. Can't imagine being the parents, you would to sedate me for a months.

killick

But I like it!
So I've driven 30 minutes to a coffee shop to meet someone. The appointment was in my phone. I kinda remember putting the appointment in, but have a history of getting the time wrong. How long do I wait here drinking coffee and vaping before I leave? It's nice and sunny on the patio...

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The country as a whole seems like we are in a negative place right now. Folks are so quick to play the blame game. After 911 folks acting more helpful as a nation, wanting to work together. People weren't blaming George Bush. It must be because of the presidential election. I know that Donald Trump puts me in a bad mood.

The Republicans are showing that they have no self respect following behind a racist ass.

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Drumpf is the sound of a tuba after eating too many beans.

No, Drumpf is the sound of an inebriate, loosened lips pouted, as he sits down hard on the sidewalk (right before complaining that he can’t get up).

No, Drumpf is the beat of the elephants’ march in the first Jungle Book movie as the militaristic cartoon pachyderms crunch through the forest, toppling trees to each side of their march.

No, Drumpf is the sound of a large deposit in a public toilet finally on its way to the sea after all the water has escaped the bowel.

No, Drumpf is the sound of a million republicans throwing up in their mouths simultaneously and then choking it back down when they realize they just elected Hillary Clinton as President of the United States of America.

That’s all for now.

Top Bottom