Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

How long will the unit stay in the zone when un-plugged?

Not very long. 4 minutes? Best to get baked in the car first then take the walk. The unit won't run a good car battery down for hours, so leave it running and come back to a warm unit when you are done.

Ahhh, the beach at sunrise. :cool:

Purple-Days,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Thanks Tom! You are a gentelman and a scholar...but I won't tell anyone. :p I figured the breeze would even cool off the PD faster. In the car is great. You can park faceing the beach in my spot. Like a drive in movie, but better. :)

Gotcha Man. Vake-out...see sunrise...vake-out. I think I can handle that. Sunday mornings are about the only thing I still like about South Florida these days, and Key West of course.

DigitalDavinci,

max

Out to lunch
Sunday mornings are about the only thing I still like about South Florida these days, and Key West of course.
I lived down there (worked out of Miami-lived in Miramar) for a while many years ago. Made a couple of business trips to Key West-enough to spike my interest but not enough to enjoy the place. I took my wife there for vacation a few years ago and we loved it.

I heard they had knee deep water there from one of the recent storms/hurricanes. Was it Hanna? Do you know if the place got serious damage?

And to stay on topic, I intend to watch my next Key West sunset with PD in hand (and mouth). :cool:

max,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Ah Miramar. Where Johnny Depp is from. Useless tid bit for the day.

The Keys actually did ok for Gustov and Hanna. They have been through a lot of hurricanes, and the conch republic is pretty functional in case of a hurricanes. The storm surege was a problem, but the waters receeded, and people cleaned up. It is a lot of work to clean up after a hurricane, but not impossible.

From what bartender friends have told me...A lot sand in buildings, water damage that means you'll hear rotary saws running for months, and the people were a bit bent for all the hullabaloo (evacuation). Some trees were downed which caused power outages, but all is almost back to normal. As normal as the Keys can get :p Just repairs, and all will be laid back to normal. :lol:

Well let me know when to meet ya at the beach for a PD session max. I love the Keys. Got married there!

DigitalDavinci,

vibes1952

HI Guys,

Possibly Tom can answer, I just received my PD today (Oregon to New York in 2 days). Wow

I've unpackaged everything and am reading the quick start Guide

I don't understand one thing,

"An EXHALED puff or two will move heated air through the material and start the vapor flow."

Do you mean inhale or exhale (I know you say exhale but wouldn't I be blowing the material into exchanger?

I'm sure I'll have more posts later after I get this going.

Thanks In Advance

vibes1952,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
:lol: what?? Nooooo! It couldn't be any simpler, vibes:

- fill bowl
- mate tube to PD
- suck/inhale air through tube, drawing it from the PD body, over the herb and into your mouth
- enjoy that vapor :cool:

Don't exhale into the tube unless you're tube is spent and you're blowing the spent herb out into your collection vessel (or the garbage). Exhaling into the PD is not hard to clean out, but it's not really a good idea either. I'm sure that's just a little typo. You'll be getting milky hits off this thing in no time...if you need any more help please come back and let us know! I hope you're loving it!

Oh...and welcome, by the way :D

partially veiled,

Purple-Days

What I meant there, was that the first mouthful or puff of air you take in, will be heating the material to the vapor zone, expell that puff into the room and take another, this will be a much thicker vapor as the material is now heated to the vapor zone. When the vapor flows take a long slow draw through the material.

A shaded desk lamp or stream of sunshine in a darkened room will really show off the vapor and is a great tutor on when that vapor flow starts. And on when the herb is getting spent.

Ask away vibes, we are here to help. In case you missed it, or I haven't said it here, we remember a bit of a learning experience when getting to know the system. :)

Purple-Days,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Yep. I'm still learning with this beauty!

I actually figured out last night that the more air in the bowl (as to not pack the bud too tighly) produces HUGE hits at less effort. You may only get 1 or 2 hits this way (instead of vaporclouds crazy 5-6 hits), but they are really satifying. Allowing more air to pass through the bowl with less MJ gives a much thicker hit IMO. :2c:

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vibes1952

HOLY VAPOR!!!!!!!!!
:o

Thanks for reply, I think I'm getting hang of it,

? When stem is inserted into exchanger hole, do you keep it inserted during
all the draws or do you/can you remove it and put it in again until done with that bowl.
Should the stem rest on (what appears to be a stop) or as long as it is inserted is OK.

Why does it smell like popcorn? I'm sure i can google but thought I'd ask here anyway. Seem like a really nice group. I think this will grow and grow because this is a great product for 1 or 2 people, if not the best. You sure don't waste material because of the small bowl (it's great).

One of the tubes does not fit into the exchanger hole, it goes in but i have to wiggle a bit, did anyone else have this, (2 of the 3 are fine. I think it might just wear in eventually, and I can just use the other 2, maybe i can use a small bit of sand paper or something. No big deal.

This is going to be great. :brow:

vibes1952,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I could have sworn I posted this already.... This forum sometimes hicups it seems.

I noticed you guys have a Mellow Cherry. Is that a different kind of wood? Or is it just pieces that are less 'grainy'. Does it cost extra?

SpiralArchitect,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
:)vibes1952...You can leave the tube in. I think it helps keep a warm bowl for strong hits.. My tubes wiggle in the exchanger, so I'm sure it is one of those "buying one of a kind" things. All my tubes are a little loose, but I get vaked as hell. The pocorn smell is just a close description of the smell when your herb has expelled all its vapeing "goodness":p The metal on metal will be ok. I've left the tube inserted for hours, and my wife never complained. :lol:
Sorry couldn't resist. I have left the tube in the PD for a long time, and no problems there either.

SpiralArchitect...My cherry is very mild in the regards to grain. Since each peice comes from a different block of wood, I'm pretty sure American cherry is American cherry. Tom can probally school this noobie on wood work, so best to let him feild the detials. I haven't seen many pics of individuals PD's, but vaporclouds on youtube looked pretty standard to mine. They all are alittle different I guess. Nice that way. I'm sure if you had a reasonable preferance (and maybe a pic too), then Tom would look through a few too find a suitable one. OR Tom could tell me he has enough work to do, and stop adding to it. :D He is the "key maker" as I've nicknamed him in my head. I loved MAtrix...what can I say.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

Purple-Days

Hey vibes,
Sometimes a crumb of herb will go down the hole and overheat. If you get material down the hole just turn it over and tap the PD and it will fall back out. Sometimes leaving the tube in place and setting the unit down will knock a spec or two free.

That crossbar is steel and is there to stop the vapor tip from going any further. You can rest the tip on that bar with no problem. Leaving the tube in place between draws is fine but I usually remove it before setting the unit down to avoid the crumbs.

The vapor tips are cut and then reamed to open that tube back up to full diameter then filed to remove any further burr. If a touch of sandpaper doesn't make it fit right let me know and I'll get a new one out to you.

DD all of them are just slightly loose, but that's so you can mate them easily, vibes must have a tip that is just a tiny bit too reamed. It's a pretty tight tolerance between just loose enough for ease of use and too tight to mate easily.

Yep, one at a time. I'll trust you on 'key maker; never saw the movie.

All our cherry is rated clear, some has more character than others.

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Dude, Davinci, once I finish my Java hw (I need to stop being distracted) I am SO watching the Matrix. You've inspired me. No buds, just avb, but I'll be on couchlock patrol tonight. :lol:

All our cherry is rated clear, some has more character than others.
So the 'mellow cherry' was just a unique piece of wood? I think I might just go Cherry too but I am so undecided!!! I just watched Vaporclouds video and it so sold me. Those are the hits I want to be taking.

Also, just a curiosity: all of the durability tests were done with the unit off and unplugged, right (the water one would be understandable)? If the machine is on and hot will it change anything? Could you shake the shit out of it whilst its on? Like a macarena? :lol:

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

Some of those test would have been tough to do with the unit plugged in.

Broken cords and power plugs are considered abuse and are not covered under our warranty.

The tests were all done on the same unit and done within a 24 hour period. The unit was hot and freshly unplugged for each test. The unit is hot and running right now and is my primary vape. The LED does not work and was likely destroyed by ice from overnight freezing after the water torture.

Not sure why you would want to shake it more than to turn it over and expel some crumbs. But yeah, I shake the heck out of it in the commercial dryer. Just remember this is deliberate abuse to see what it might take to create failure.

The real test and expected test is an occasional drop from table to floor and this is not going to hurt the function of a PD.

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
Could you shake the shit out of it whilst its on? Like a macarena?
I bang the shit out of mine at least once a day, on the palm of my hand, to make sure it's clear of crumbs. Yeah it's on. Under normal circumstances the vape is pretty much indestructable.

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yeah, I was just merely wondering. Trust me, I'd treat her very gently, I just like to know she can take a beating. That's truly a display of craftsmanship with care and consideration for the people who might be using it.

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
yes it was just one bowl ... but I must stress that particular spot magnifies the sunlight and is a great place to show off the vapor clouds you wouldn't see under ordinary light. I have a desk light that I blow vapor into and you can see the clouds swirling around the shade ... its cool.

Glad you all enjoyed the song. :cool:

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
You rock Vaporcloud. Where/when can I buy a CD! I didn't even realize it was your music until others started to say something. AWESOME DUDE!!! Now you are a vapor and a music icon. LOL :cool:

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Where/when can I buy a CD!
Tom has one on the way ... you could get a burn from him :brow:

I have a few other tracks on soundclick, they can be found >>> here

But enough about me ... its the PD thread. maybe I need to get Tom to make me a custom PD like Willies SSV :lol:

vaporcloud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't think I can read this thread anymore. I'm starting to think of which kids' toys I can sell to get one sooner than March!

stickstones,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
LOL...stickstones you are too funny man. It is a great vape, but I'd love to hit your Ex. I would get that in a heart beat if I had that kind of budget right now. You'll get a PD soon. I'm dying to try the assisted whip hits. Sounds so nice and lazy.

Vaporcloud. Trying to sign up on your links website to donate to your cause, but I can't get a activation email.? I'll be buying your songs when I can figure this out. Got to support the FC community! :brow: Great tunes man...True Kiwi Awesomeness. Going on the IPod to join me to the beach on Sundays sunrise unveiling of the PD. ;)

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Back from a few days of travelling and the PD worked great on the road. Its stealth factor was excellent being able to hit it while parked up without looking suspicious.

Back home now and blowing vapor clouds at my favourite windows again this morning. Primo :cool:

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Welcome back vaporcloud! Glad to hear you had a good trip. Got to love the mobility of the PD hey.

More rain this sunday, so the PD is yet to join me durring my Sunday sunrise sessions. Hopefully the sun will shine this sunday. Listen to some great tunes ;).

DD

DigitalDavinci,
Top Bottom