Multi-brand Puri5 Titantic 2/Weeke Fenix

PPN

Volute of Vapor
A comparison side to side with the CF seems more accurate to me since the Fenix is not coming with a fully adjustable temperature but only 4 settings.

Vapehooft

Well I just got mine and here's a quick impression.

The unit feels well made except for the mouthpiece. Solid rubber/plastic body and an aluminum bottom plate. The unit is sturdy, the button doesn't feel flimsy and the magnetic top and LED is awesome and easy to use.The bowl is also easy to fill with much less waste.

I did a dry run with it and it did have a plastic smell initially, nothing too bad though. Closing the pathway on the bottom really means that you cannot suck through the mouthpiece anymore. Have tested 3 settings (2nd, 3rd and 4th) and well, it's intense. On the 2nd setting (Blue 180C) you feel the vapor through your throat but there is absolutely no vapor when you try to blow out. This however doesn't mean it doesn't work. I was pretty baked at the end of the session. Compared to the flowermate there is almost no vapor. ABV is very evenly vaped even in the middle. I didn't have to pack the chamber like the flowermate either so I guess there's convection going on. It's also considerably lighter than a FM. I'll post some comparison shots up later.

The only thing I don't like is the plastic mouthpiece. It's not ergonomically shaped and doesn't give the best taste, but it still works pretty well. You have to have slow sips because otherwise the chamber can't keep up, it's not much different in rapid mode.

Meach

I have gotten visible vapor on the green setting..I don't over pack my bowl though..and I have placed a screen on the bottom of my chamber it does make a difference ..I pack my chamber about 3/4 full still can see some of the stainless steel above my herb and have been taking long slow draws about 10-15 seconds

Last edited:

Vapehooft

I've found out there are different ways to draw from the vape.

Usually when you start to draw, even slowly, the heating chamber initially can't keep up but soon enough stabilizes. You can then proceed to take faster/deeper draws. This will heat up the mouth piece (even moreso in rapid mode). Man I really wish they had a small glass or glass lined with rubber mouthpiece, that would make this unit totally awesome.

Best vaping experience for a good functional high is with the blue setting (180c). The higher 2 settings give you a stoned body sensation and the lowest setting just isn't doing enough for me.

Here are some pictures. I think rather than posting them (rather big) here I'll just drop the links down:

Box + manual: http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/...A-9419-49F9-8147-2EFD561094AB_zpsydauie36.jpg

Close-up of the heating chamber: http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/...0-CC0F-40EC-AF30-C2651F8671AA_zpsgh5ixk0v.jpg

With LED on: http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/...F-F3AC-471B-91C7-B4AEA5044834_zpsoirlp0pu.jpg

With LED on and mouthpiece on: http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/...3-C11A-4436-9A0F-9D0806DD76FB_zpslqoqswlh.jpg

Compared to Flowermate V5.0: http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/...F-8C70-44E0-AF02-08818111097F_zpszgjhwbjg.jpg

Another comparison pic with Flowermate: http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/...0-B18B-4FF8-AC04-B476F1B8D028_zpsdjik0xjb.jpg

With both mouthpieces connected: http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/...4-AE37-4E52-AA87-46762881AC14_zpsd0qulejt.jpg

Vapehooft

I have 2 extra mouthpieces + the original one that was included, none of them is lined with steel, fully plastic.

Vapehooft,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I think he was speaking about the path between the mp and the bowl, on my unit (not mine anymore, I shipped it to another member) there is a sort of metal liner in this path.

Just Justin

@Just Justin you mentioned a steel lined mouthpiece...my unit is all plastic mp...anyone else have a steel lined mp?

Yeah, mine is lined, directly behind the mouthpiece screen and blue seal. You take those off and look inside the mouthpiece and that chamber on mine at least, is lined with a metal tube, its hard to notice but its definitely metal. The top where the actual draw stem connects is still plastic.

I think the body is metal too....? it feels cold and its thin so I'm pretty sure its metal, same with the bottom of the unit.

I like to use mine on the green setting and I get a lot of vapor. I sometimes seem to get more vapor when I use the oil chamber but fill it with herbs instead, so its like a little capsule. I took out the middle screen and the mesh underneath it, so its just the can with the screen in the bottom. Can someone else try this to see if they get more vapor? I fill mine 1/2-3/4 full and its always quite nice. I am impressed for such an inexpensive vape.

Last edited:

Vapehooft

Something I noticed when using it. The battery charging LED also turns on when you turn on the unit and has 3 different colors to indicate charge level: Green -Orange - Red. I found mine to turn red pretty quickly, after about 5~7 sessions or so? Not sure how many more sessions you could do with it.

Having said that however, compared to my Flowermate which has 10 minute sessions, a 5 minute session with this is more than enough to get you really baked. With the right technique, slowly sipping initially until the chamber can hold its temperature you can then slowly start pulling harder and harder. This almost feels like a (small) bong rip at some point and it's possible to burn through 0.1g~0.2g easily in one session

Meach

@Ravachol can you take a pic of the underside of that mouthpiece..I want to see how they connected it underneath..I have glass drip tips for my ecig vapes that almost fit my fenix just need something to fasten it with to have an air tight seal.

Haven't messed with the oil can at all been getting good performance without it..but I'll try it tonight

Meach,

sChris

Account Closed
Ive just ordered mine from novel ecig for $63 shipped to uk with glass mouthpiece. Its good to have a spare if nothing else, and for $3 why not !

Looking forward to my second vape and first convection one, I should get out of this habbit of buying cheap chinese kit.... but of they come up with a good desktop unit I may just buy a 3rd

sChris,
Reactions: Meach

Meach

Been goofing with different ways to get more visible vapor..I've taken the screen off the the mouthpiece..I leave the blue ring around the opening though..back my bowl about 3/4 full and top it w a standard solo screen...seems to make a noticeable difference in cloud production

Meach,

Vapehooft

Been goofing with different ways to get more visible vapor..I've taken the screen off the the mouthpiece..I leave the blue ring around the opening though..back my bowl about 3/4 full and top it w a standard solo screen...seems to make a noticeable difference in cloud production
I get the most clouds on red setting, but that also seriously fucks me up to the point where I don't really want to be doing much. Vaped with a friend last night who is a heavy smoker/stoner and it even hit him hard once he used the slow to fast draw technique. Really big clouds. Would just go through a full bowl in 2 sessions.

Vapehooft,

Ravachol

I prefer the blue, a better taste.
Jeremy from Novel told me that the vape was designed by an engineer from Huawei, given that the Firefly was created by an ex Apple engineer, I wonder how long will it take before someone comes out with a vapophone.

Ravachol,

sChris

Account Closed
Ordered my fenix from 'Jeremy' on friday evening and received it today at 3pm.. not bad at all considering it was in china yesterday.

Looking forward to using it after a few burn offs, I tested the draw resistance and didn't much like the plasticy taste. I hope that fades away soon.

The glass mouthpiece is also a pretty poor fit, maybe it takes some jiggling.

Otherwise it feels nice

sChris,

Meach

I was told by another rep that those glass mps are standard 510 pieces but they swap the oring to make it fit..haven't gotten to a vape shop or hardware store to try it out w the mps I have for my ecigs

Meach,

sChris

Account Closed
I chucked a little airy nug in and vaped on the blue setting, really nice flavour. Ground up the bud in my palm then One more setting up for some really nice hits.

Certainly has done the job!

Judging by how much vapour burns off when its on it can't be pure convection, and the bowl is bloody hot but lets not discuss how I found that out haha

sChris,

sChris

Account Closed
cntOQ7z.jpg

mDvFcpE.jpg

hQLmsni.webp

eoNjMFB.webp

VyeKCr8.webp

"Designed in california" apparently

sChris,

Meach

@Tommy10 I believe you can just email them directly or find it on Alibaba...also puri5 has it on thier website as the titanic 2

Meach,

sChris

Account Closed
As above really, I'm not sure why they don't have it on their site... maybe its something to do with this patented technology these devices use...

I'm planning on giving mine a good test tonight, I gave it a quick few hits on the lowest setting last night and it was excellent flavour but tonight I'm off work and that means a full bowl and some big rips!

If you remove the mouthpiece there is a small chamber between the bowl and the mouthpiece stem, I'm very interested in packing a load in to this with a screen on top. That must give 100% convection? ? Has anyone else given this a go?

The thread perhaps needs moving out of this section in to the regular portable one also.

Meach

@Chrig haven't tried packing in the airpath but will be on my to do list..I imagine one would probably have to start on a higher setting

Meach,
Reactions: sChris
Top Bottom