• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand Puri5 Titantic 2/Weeke Fenix

Tommy10

Told by the alibaba seller I was speaking to that they are out of stock. Seem to be the next Chinese hit!

Tommy10,

Meach

Mine just arrived..charging and a few burn offs and hopefully break it in later tonight.

Meach,

Vapehooft

Someone on Reddit made me aware that the Novel/Weecke Fenix I ordered looked a lot like the Titanic 2. Seems like they are the same exact vape with a rebrand (even the description from Puri5 is in the same broken Chinglish as Novel). $40 For the unit + $18 for S&H and I'm probably going to get hit with import duties as well, but still a decent price if it's really convection instead of conduction. I was really pissed off about Smiss sigining exclusive deals with suppliers over in Europe and US driving up the prices 2~3 fold.

Let's see if Novel can deliver. The guy I spoke to from Novel says that they cherry pick their sample units (like this one) so it might be good to tell them you're looking for a sample instead of just one unit (in the end it's the same). I also ordered 2 extra mouthpieces (the plastic tubes only) since they were only $0.65 each.

How is the vapor temperature? My FM mini used to have really hot vapor at medium settings and after one session needed to cool down, does the Fenix/Titanic2 suffer the same issues as those conduction vapes with short air paths?

Edit: I think Novel and Weecke are the same brand since they both have the exact same vape line-up with the same images. Weecke is more their "own" brand probably and Novel is more for retailers who want to put their own badge on the item.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I got mine from Novelecig and I'm a bit mitiged.... it's a lot of plastic and I'm not totally convinced about the convection aspect, there is some it's sure but abv is more similar to a conduction vape. Although I agree the taste is rather nice and it is not killed too fast but clouds are not big, even if you draw for a long time. In my mind more you draw more vapor you get with convection...

I use the HipVap pods in the oven, they fit perfectly and helps to keep the oven clean and maybe for taste.

It was tested in parallell with another china vape, the Black Widow , which is big and heavy (and the metal mp can be very, very hot!) , but, surprisingly, load comes out lighter in color than the Fenix (using the same temp), clouds are rather the same.

The Fenix looks cheap but I agree it ftaste better than most of the less than 120$ vaporizers but , imo, most of high end vapes I own are better for an average taste/clouds/efficiency experience (I speak about the Prima, mivape, ESV, MiniVap and even Alfa).

But it's definitly a great vape for 60$ shipped and I'm pleased if I consider the price (would be less happy if I had to pay 160$ for this one!).

Vapehooft

I got mine from Novelecig and I'm a bit mitiged.... it's a lot of plastic and I'm not totally convinced about the convection aspect, there is some it's sure but abv is more similar to a conduction vape. Although I agree the taste is rather nice and it is not killed too fast but clouds are not big, even if you draw for a long time. In my mind more you draw more vapor you get with convection...

I use the HipVap pods in the oven, they fit perfectly and helps to keep the oven clean and maybe for taste.

It was tested in parallell with another china vape, the Black Widow , which is big and heavy (and the metal mp can be very, very hot!) , but, surprisingly, load comes out lighter in color than the Fenix (using the same temp), clouds are rather the same.

The Fenix looks cheap but I agree it ftaste better than most of the less than 120$ vaporizers but , imo, most of high end vapes I own are better for an average taste/clouds/efficiency experience (I speak about the Prima, mivape, ESV, MiniVap and even Alfa).

But it's definitly a great vape for 60$ shipped and I'm pleased if I consider the price (would be less happy if I had to pay 160$ for this one!).

How are the clouds on the fast draw mode? Any different? I'm not sure if clouds = vaping to be fair. Lowest setting on my Flowermate mini which was 385F(195C) didn't produce thick clouds whilst the medium setting 400F(205C) produced decent thick clouds. The Fenix has temperatures starting at 338F(170C), 356F(180C), 374F(190C) and 410F(210C). So the 3rd setting on the Fenix is not even the lowest setting on the Flowermate. I remember getting some decent highs from vape sessions without much cloud production (a bit moist bud).

I'm with you on the $160 price tag, way too high but I think that kind of applies to most vapes. When the FM was $50 it was a good deal, at $120 it makes absolutely no sense since you can get a Solo for a bit more. Kind of miss the days when the smartshops had no idea what vaping was and we would still get realistic prices.

Vapehooft,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
There is not a lot of explanations in the user guide about this mode, I tried both and didn't notice any true difference ...I'll try again later.

There is clouds but you don't get this mouthfull vapor experience we enjoy, I know convection doesn't produces thick white clouds instantly but you can achieve to get them with most of convection devices (except maybe with the miVape, but it is so tasty!)

Meach

I ran a session last night through mine..definitely not full convection but there a lot of going on for sure...I did 2 five minute cycles first one on the lower settings and the last one on the highest setting..I got no plastic or off taste at all just yummy light clouds as PPN mentioned the clouds aren't thick but this lil unit did it's job the draw restriction on this thing is almost non existent my wife raved about how much easier this was to rip vs our solo and flowemates..and I agree..more testing tonight..so far love the snap on magnetic bowl cover and how the rim of the bowl funnels into it..def a design I'd like. Vape is not harsh even at the highest temp it is very tolerable I didn't use any pods in mine only mod I did was drop a ss screen into the bowl

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Did you noticed how short is the battery longlife....?

Something like 30mn on highest setting I think.

I didn't made the test Smutman did but I 'm convinced there is not a lot of convection, another false convection unit imo...but in another hand it's a great vape for 60$ (if you don't mind plastic).

lazylathe

Almost there...
Has anyone noticed a metallic ticking sound from their unit when on?
Mine has started to do this every session now.
Going to send an e mail to the company to see what they say.

lazylathe,

Vapehooft

Did you noticed how short is the battery longlife....?

Something like 30mn on highest setting I think.

I didn't made the test Smutman did but I 'm convinced there is not a lot of convection, another false convection unit imo...but in another hand it's a great vape for 60$ (if you don't mind plastic).

The guy from Novel quoted a 1~3hr battery life for the 2200mAh battery. 30 Minutes would only be 6 sessions of 5 minutes. That's a bit on the low side no?

What makes you think there isn't a lot of convection going on? How do the sides of the chamber feel to the touch? Think easies way to test it would be holding a wet Q-tip against it and seeing if the water evaporates instantly.

Vapehooft,
Reactions: vapen00b

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes I correct it is 40mn, 8x5mn....

I assume it's not full convection cause the way it vaporize the load, first you haven't to take a long draw to achieve visible vapor (with full convection you can't get visible vapor taking short puffs..), second the load is quasi totally done in a 5mn session (it take more time even with some conduction vaporizers) and the abv color (dark)looks like conduction and even if the taste is rather nice I'm not amazed....

I didn't tried your wet Q-tip technic...I'll try it when I get enough time.

Did you notice a metallic noise while the unit is heating (I didn't noticed it at first...)?

PPN,
Reactions: KeroZen

lazylathe

Almost there...
Did you notice a metallic noise while the unit is heating (I didn't noticed it at first...)?

At start up there is a metallic ticking sound, most likely the coil heating and expanding as it reaches temp.
This lasts for a few seconds and then goes away.
When up to operating temp, any level on mine, the ticking starts and does not stop till the unit is turned off.

Ravachol

Hi, while searching for new products on alibaba I ended up in this Fenix, looking like a cheap Crafty, so I ordered one, without much expectations, but for the price, it was a win-win game, so I contacted their page https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...60454351889.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.ChVIXa and a guy named Jeremy (well, I am not that much sure that Jeremy is his real name) did his offer, being the price + shipping cost + something for using paypal, all in all, one third of the same rebranded "Titanic2". I started chatting with Jeremy, and he told me that "Novell" is the factory, that they trust a lot in their product. It arrived from China to Italy in 2 days with DHL and I was really surprised by the quality of the vape, sturdy build, great vapor. Being in touch with Jeremy (novelecig4@novelecig.com), he asked me for a judgement of their product and I told him that I was surprised by the quality of construction and vapor, and that the only drawbacks that I could find are the limit in the choice of temperatures (a minor one, I am an arizer guy, white for the Air, 4 for the Solo, for the Fenix blue or purple) and the plastic mouthpiece, a glass one would make a difference. And also that people loves 18650 batteries and the same with an interchangeable battery would guarantee an unlimited life for the vape. He answered me that he could send me a glass mouthpiece fitting the Fenix, the one of the photo, a little quirky, but something absolutely better for an Arizer guy. I sold my first Fenix to a friend and now I am waiting for the one with the glass mouthpiece.
HTB1CfETJFXXXXXqXpXXq6xXFXXXg.jpg

Last edited:

sChris

Account Closed
If one of these can be delivered for £45 to the uk then I'll be buying without a doubt.

Its a similar price to my xmax v2 pro last year and thats been used heavily and still doing a really good job of getting me high

E2a: $60 posted + $3 for the glass mouthpiece. Can't complain at that!

Last edited:

Meach

Okay have done a few more sessions on this unit ..again no matter what mode I'm in soft or enhanced the vapor never is thick or harsh unfortunately my glass pieces took up counter diving so I cannot test this unit through water at this time...there is definitely a small amount of convection going on but definitely not full I know someone mentioned 90/10 I think it's more 50/50 the outer walls of the bowl are hot to the touch..so I'm thinking they provide some some of the conduction while the air pulled provides the convection..
This is not a game changer device or anything new or ground breaking however at the current price of under $70 I would happily purchase this again...it's a great portable vape..lighter than a fm but same size, easier to load the bowl, a mouthpiece that's less breakable, lower preset temps and less draw restriction. I've been having sessions with the wife with about .10 loaded and it's pretty efficient I probably could throw this abv into my fm pro after I'm done and try to extract the last bits at 446f through water once i get my replacement glass in I will be testing this out..I'm wondering if the wpa @ratchet has for the crafty would work with this device..battery life could be better but a fully charged unit has gotten me on avg about 9 sessions ..so 45 min runtime on the battery.

The glass mouthpiece in that photo looks a lot like a 510 drip tipmp u can find on ebay for a few $ I haven't messed with taking my mp off but if drip tips fit that would make it easy to swap on a glass mouthpiece
@Ravachol can you ask if that's a standard 510 drip tip?

Last edited:

Ravachol

@Ravachol[/USER] can you ask if that's a standard 510 drip tip?

I will ask Jeremy, seems something standard, I will have it in a few days.
Another great feature is that the tool for concentrates works perfectly with finely chopped hash. At least with some kind of it.

Last edited:
Ravachol,
Reactions: Meach

Meach

Yup those are what I was talking about. If that works let me know..it be a great mp for home use

Meach,

Ravachol

I got an answer from Jeremy:

Jeremy Zhang 2016-05-24 03:23

it is not standard 510 drip tip, the size is larger than standard 510
Best regards

Ravachol,

Meach

Thanks guess I'll have to contact them and get one..I did take off my mp last night and it's just a tad to wide to fit a trip dip even with an extra washer on it ..just a tad loose...someone mentioned another mp they but on..I'll have to go back and reread

@lazylathe Can you post a pic of the glass stem you put on yours?

I am very happy with this vape cannot beat this unit for the price..vapor production could be a little higher but found that a smaller load and sandwiching your load between 2 screens noticeably improves the vapor production..

Last edited:
Meach,
Reactions: kushbury

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Did you notice there is sometime a bad taste, no plastic...similar to the dirty elb's bad taste I get with my Cloud+.... it disappear after 2-3 hits but is here at the first hit (where you think to get the better taste, you get the worst!)?

I think it is coming from condensed resin on the heating element or around it and disappear while "burned", it doesn't happen for every session.

For me, even if it's a decent vape it will be not a keeper, I don't think the taste is so nice but it's personnal and i'm not a fan of this sort of mouthpiece.

Still out of stock or no more testers?

PPN,
Reactions: KeroZen
Top Bottom