PUFFiT portable

VisiblyVaped

I recently posted a customer review on GotVape because i got an email from them asking me to. it was not a glowing review but i was not mean or malicious either. The review is not posted yet as they are having an issue with their database, so they say, but someone from GV reached out to me and identified himself as the individual that helped bring the Puffit to market and was the one doing the demo in the GV Puffit video. he asked me why i did not like it. i identified all my issues but stressed the main reason was the "hitting from a hot snorkel" taste was the main reason for my disappointment. he wants me to be happy with the unit so he offered ro RMA my current unit under the 1yr Warranty and send me a new one from a newly received batch he told me. I think i am going to take him up on the offer cause it sounds like a win-win situation. i may get back a good tasting, better working unit. i have other vapes so i could be without this one for a while if needed, but how long could it be?? i'm not sending it back to Hong Kong so it can't be that long.
Do it. I used GV and an RMA # and free shipping, free shipping back, and will be back in less time than shipping to HK would take

VisiblyVaped,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I have someone trying to sell one of these units to me for 80 bucks - I'm on the fence even at that cost as the reviews have been swaying toward the negative. I'm looking for a new on the road vape and considering this thing looks just like my asthma inhaler it should have been a no brainer. For 45 bucks more I can get a davinci on Amazon which seems to be the smarter move at this point unless anyone here can advise me differently.

mvapes,

VisiblyVaped

I have someone trying to sell one of these units to me for 80 bucks - I'm on the fence even at that cost as the reviews have been swaying toward the negative. I'm looking for a new on the road vape and considering this thing looks just like my asthma inhaler it should have been a no brainer. For 45 bucks more I can get a davinci on Amazon which seems to be the smarter move at this point unless anyone here can advise me differently.
If he's taking the loss on it and really wants it gone its probably a first batch unit.
Ever smoked through a snorkel?
That's how my unit tasted, at least I imagine

VisiblyVaped,

bigtvapes

you always find yourself liking the puffit more and more as you use it.

My story is kind of the opposite. I liked my Puffit at first and was all about it. Then I learned more about vapes and realized this isn't really that great. But I say that and I feel like I'm crapping on it when I don't want to. Is it that bad that a sub-$200 vape is just o.k. as far as efficiency is concerned?

I look at it like this: At least it's o.k.

bigtvapes,

inkoso

it
My story is kind of the opposite. I liked my Puffit at first and was all about it. Then I learned more about vapes and realized this isn't really that great. But I say that and I feel like I'm crapping on it when I don't want to. Is it that bad that a sub-$200 vape is just o.k. as far as efficiency is concerned?

I look at it like this: At least it's o.k.

its a portable vaporizer designed with stealth as priority number 1; for 130 dollars its pretty damn good. your other option around the same price are MFLB and Arizer Solo (as far as i know), and both of those are not stealthy, and i personally do not like the MFLB.

I think you might be a bit harsh on it, but it's your opinion. If this is your only vaporizer, yeah it really isn't too satisfying. If you're using this as a secondary 'on the go' unit, it's fucking perfect.

I recently posted a customer review on GotVape because i got an email from them asking me to. it was not a glowing review but i was not mean or malicious either. The review is not posted yet as they are having an issue with their database, so they say, but someone from GV reached out to me and identified himself as the individual that helped bring the Puffit to market and was the one doing the demo in the GV Puffit video. he asked me why i did not like it. i identified all my issues but stressed the main reason was the "hitting from a hot snorkel" taste was the main reason for my disappointment. he wants me to be happy with the unit so he offered ro RMA my current unit under the 1yr Warranty and send me a new one from a newly received batch he told me. I think i am going to take him up on the offer cause it sounds like a win-win situation. i may get back a good tasting, better working unit. i have other vapes so i could be without this one for a while if needed, but how long could it be?? i'm not sending it back to Hong Kong so it can't be that long.
took me about a week to return mine and get a new one in my hands. Just got my replacement from RMA warranty today.

Maybe buy it and then get replacement parts? If you're not dying for a vape, it could be a smart investment..

yeah as long as he got the order number and all that stuff, he should be able to get a replacement i would think.

inkoso

So how's the new one Inkoso?

Vaping the 1st bowl as we speak. Definitely an improvement from what i can see right now.

I got it, and the first thing i did was cleaned it. 5 flushes of ISO with salt 5 flushes of just ISO. Charged it up, and have now only taken 2 hits from it. Only tasting bud right now, slight, very slight, plastic taste afterwards. I'll report back in like an hour or so and let you guys know, but it probably wont be working/i won't use it right for another day or so. We'll see!

inkoso,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
well i have told the GV rep i want to do the RMA. he said last night i should get the RMA # today, guess and i will wait and see what happens. He also said in his email he will "test" the unit for taste first before sending the replacement. not sure how that will be done but i guess i will wait and see on that too.

mmenzie,

bigtvapes

I dont think I'm harsh on it at all. I like the device. It's not the most efficient portable on the market though. In my personal opinion and experience I've had better results with a friends MFLB as far as a pure vape experience goes. But there is more to the entire vaping experience than just vaping. And the MFLB is stealthy, but compared to the Puffit you might as well try to vape from a 24 inch clown shoe.

For a sub $200 vape that is effective (we can all agree it works, right? Just to varying degrees of success) and is the single stealthiest vape on the market (at least in my very limited experience) I DO think this has a place in a collection. Namely MINE! I aint gettin rid of it believe me someone tried to buy it off of me for $80. I thought about it... really thought about it. Thought I could turn around and buy an MFLB. But when I'm out and about, this is a trustier piece in the end.

My beef was with the taste. And the taste is horrible in mine. A little better since cleaning it over the past several weeks but better meaning I now taste a little bit of shit as opposed to the mouth-covering fecal matter. I also crapped on the customer service for seemingly stopping communication with me but I DID apologize and clear that up after they got back to me. Basically I'm just trying to be real.

I thought it was crappy that I had a productive conversation with customer service and suddenly before I could get the fruits of those conversations they stopped emailing me back. I think I had a right to be frustrated. Turned out to be confusion and missed emails in the end. When Discreet Vape's customer service rep discovered I had been trying to communicate with him, he reached out. To be honest, I think this is a positive comment in their favor. A guy I'd been talking with from their company went a long way to make ME, one user on this forum and one customer of his product, feel a bit better about using it. So when I called them "shady as hell" I couldn't have been more wrong. I felt that way at the time, and I think understandably, but I was wrong.

Just because I list the bad things I dont like about a product doesn't mean I hate the piece or anything. Especially when I talk about how much I like it. It means I'm being critical. When I'm in the market for ANYTHING that costs a little bit of money -vape or otherwise- I find that critical comments go a lot further toward me wanting to buy something than enthusiastic comments do.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
bigvapes I appreciated your negative comments as well as your positive. To many people are afraid to be brutally honest cause they may hurt someones feelings. Of course we have to do it within the rules but like you said being critical teaches us more on each company/vape.

Dreamerr,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I saw this sticker on a one-way sign this morning so I snapped a picture of it. I couldn't make out the URL below however.
s5czm1.jpg

9t1g1x.jpg

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: t-dub

bigtvapes

i am not really too keen on people publicizing this piece to "the uninitiated" lol. I feel like subtlety will be our friend in the end. Of course I'd recommend it to any vaper or otherwise. But stickers on street signs is gonna be the kind of dumb shit that'll turn the Puffit into a 20/20 piece.

"Are kids putting MARIJUANA in INHALERS?!?!?! Is this the end of childhood as we know it?!?!?!?!? Find out at 11"

VisiblyVaped

I look forward to seeing if it meets expectations or goes up for sale...should hopefully know soon enough

VisiblyVaped,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I am still waiting on the RMA# from GV that i was supposed to get the next day. so i am not sure when i will be sending out mine or when it will be back for that matter. i did decide to clean mine, even though it will be going back. i cleaned it by watching the video and doing the vapor path clean multiple times. i let it sit over night to dry but i must have been medicated cause i forgot to leave it on the charger. so now it's on the charger and in 3 hours i will get to test it. i did "dry" hit it (just sucked on it without loading or activating it) and it still had a silicone after taste to me so i am not holding out hope for it being better when loaded. so i'm hitting on the DVB for now...... man do i still love this thing even after 3 years with it

mmenzie,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

I am still waiting on the RMA# from GV that i was supposed to get the next day. so i am not sure when i will be sending out mine or when it will be back for that matter. i did decide to clean mine, even though it will be going back. i cleaned it by watching the video and doing the vapor path clean multiple times. i let it sit over night to dry but i must have been medicated cause i forgot to leave it on the charger. so now it's on the charger and in 3 hours i will get to test it. i did "dry" hit it (just sucked on it without loading or activating it) and it still had a silicone after taste to me so i am not holding out hope for it being better when loaded. so i'm hitting on the DVB for now...... man do i still love this thing even after 3 years with it

Check your spam folder. My RMA email was in mine.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

aj0125

I'm sorry, I don't agree. IMO there are other members who's opinions count as well. They count, too.

OF
I think he meant, well, what I meant at least is that people aren't really posting on here lately because those who like it have said their peace and those who did not like theirs are waiting on new ones. IMHO, all opinions are valid and welcome.

aj0125,
Reactions: OF

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Well I have used mine about 4-5 more times. The replacement silicone still has a slight taste. I don't see it going away. It really has not diminished since I first installed it... that leads me to believe they did a better job of curing these silicone pieces. It is frustrating though that it still has a noxious taste.

Each time I am left extremely disappointed. This device makes the MFLB look like the VapeXHale Cloud... pushing it to the max I can only get small clouds. For some of us a lack of clouds is not a feature. I consider it to be an extreme weakness. The device should be able to keep up with the competition, but it can't even come close. It should at least have the ability to produce more vapor then it does. That would allow users to dial in a seeing that works for them. Currently, this device does not have a setting that I find satisfying.

Every time I medicate using this device I feel slightly ripped off. I feel like the high is no wear near as strong as it should be for the amount of medicine I just used. I get way more medicated off half the amount in the INH004 for instance. If you are buying this device to save $100 over the $250 price range portables... you are going to spend more money in the long run on medicine to get you where you want to me. In the long run you will be spending more to run this underpowered device then if you were to just buy a good product in the first place.

If you are a medical patient I can't recommend that you say away from this product enough. The bad taste, weak performance, poor material efficiency, and terrible battery life make this one of the worst portables out of the 9 portables I have tried. I am sure the company will do OKAY because I think they are appealing to the "kiddy market" who are trying to hide their usage from their parents. I am hoping their next version is more suitable for the serious medical user. The #1 thing they need to improve is the performance. I want to have the option to push the device further then is currently possible. If the device was not so weak in performance I might actually like it more.

Top Bottom