PUFFiT portable

BoxofRock

as in dumb as
If you are a medical patient I can't recommend that you say away from this product enough.
its my bad not waiting to hear this, buying a preorder is just stupid when health is involved.
I agree with the whole quote but this stands out in my case.

All but one or two posts of my total was on this thread. I thought my complaining was for me of course but for the unheard lurkers as well. Instead I was told I was a troll.

I too replaced the silicone all I want is my money back. Since that wont happen I should send it back to Andrew just to make a point.

made a few friends here, like to say good bye

poonman

its my bad not waiting to hear this, buying a preorder is just stupid when health is involved.
I agree with the whole quote but this stands out in my case.

All but one or two posts of my total was on this thread. I thought my complaining was for me of course but for the unheard lurkers as well. Instead I was told I was a troll.

I too replaced the silicone all I want is my money back. Since that wont happen I should send it back to Andrew just to make a point.

made a few friends here, like to say good bye

Never , Ever , Did I think of you as a " Troll " !!!
But ,
I would like to consider you as a friend . :)
For just being honest with your opinion .
And ,
Saving me some valuable $$$ .
This one is not for me .

Why goodbye BoR ?
I'll see you on another thread .:wave:

Happy Cannabizing Y'all .

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Well I have used mine about 4-5 more times. The replacement silicone still has a slight taste. I don't see it going away. It really has not diminished since I first installed it... that leads me to believe they did a better job of curing these silicone pieces. It is frustrating though that it still has a noxious taste.

Each time I am left extremely disappointed. This device makes the MFLB look like the VapeXHale Cloud... pushing it to the max I can only get small clouds. For some of us a lack of clouds is not a feature. I consider it to be an extreme weakness. The device should be able to keep up with the competition, but it can't even come close. It should at least have the ability to produce more vapor then it does. That would allow users to dial in a seeing that works for them. Currently, this device does not have a setting that I find satisfying.

Every time I medicate using this device I feel slightly ripped off. I feel like the high is no wear near as strong as it should be for the amount of medicine I just used. I get way more medicated off half the amount in the INH004 for instance. If you are buying this device to say $100 over the $250 price range portables... you are going to spend more money in the long run on medicine to get you where you want to me. In the long run you will be spending more to run this underpowered device then if you were to just buy a good product in the first place.

If you are a medical patient I can't recommend that you say away from this product enough. The bad taste, weak performance, poor material efficiency, and terrible battery life make this one of the worst portables out of the 9 portables I have tried. I am sure the company will do OKAY because I think they are appealing to the "kiddy market" who are trying to hide their usage from their parents. I am hoping their next version is more suitable for the serious medical user. The #1 thing they need to improve is the performance. I want to have the option to push the device further then is currently possible. If the device was not so weak in performance I might actually like it more.

If replacing the upper silicone ring and vapor path didn't fix the taste issue.

Then it definitely is the silicone ring that is under the screen.

Which happens to be the whole bottom of the bowl. The bottom silicone ring has a metal tube in the middle that the vapor path tube attaches to.

This bottom silicone ring appears to be unreplaceable.

The only thing that is gold plated are the sides/walls of the bowl.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,
Reactions: OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Box of rocks don't leave your opinion was invaluable to many on here. You will find another vape that suits you on another thread. Watch a few threads that you are interested in and you will be good to go. I am also a medical patient so it is important that you get what you need and not what you don't.

Dreamerr,

inkoso

Hey everyone.

Got mine earlier in the week, and have had it about 3 days now.

I'm happy with it. I'd like to adress a few issues that have been raised.

I feel like it is unfair to expect this unit to produce huge clouds. First, the puff is limited to like 10s? I usually draw from my stationary for way longer than i do on this guy. You really do get little puffs, and thats it.

On the clouds issue, i still get decent clouds, even when the bowl is pretty brown. I'm currently satisfied with this unit, and like using it everyday. It makes it so easy, because it''s so freaking stealthy.

I was recently on a road rip to the outlets, about a 3 hours journey there and back. This puppy lasted me the whole way there and back, and got me pretty medicated on my drive.

Vaping while out is very satisfying with this, and it makes vaporizing a part of your day on the way to anything. Excuse me if this reveiw is bad, but i've been puffing with the puffit for a couple bowls :)

to be utterly clear, ill do a pro/con list

Pros:
New model seems to have adressed the bad taste issue, and although a plastic taste is still there, i'm guessing it will go away given weeks/months of use, and for right now, it really isn't bad/noticable until my bowl is almost completely brown.

Unmatched ability to vaporize wherever, stealthly.

Perfect performance in cars. bowls can be packed with one hand, and the whole thing can be setup with one hand.

i get light-medium clouds depending on how good my technique on puffing was. I find if you don't create any suction in your mouth, and draw strictly from the lungs, that gets you the best clouds. this is an improvement, i guess, so you could call it a pro. I'm moreso trying to tell you guys that, yes you do get satisfying clouds.

Seems to be pretty durable as well. i haven't dropped it, but it doesn't feel fragile and breakable by little mistakes

Smell: there is barely any smell. I live at home ATM, but will be moving into a dorm. Although my mom is fine with me vaporizing, i don't really like her to know when i am, cause then she notices and acts a little funny. I've been vaping with my doors completely open, because even if there was a slight smell, there isn't a vaporizer around (at least thats what it looks like).

I'm trying to make these pros as performanced based as possible, but here's the bottom line on performance: It gets you high everywhere. I get clouds, and i get high, and it can be done literally anywhere. Thats the performance aspect, is that you can use this thing anywhere. It may not be the most efficient, but you gain so much more for the trade off. You lose effeciancy, but gain so much more. Im sort of concerned that other people may be using it wrong, because i can't see how they can dislike it so.

Cons:
Battery life leaves more wanted, but honestly look at how small the thing is. How are they gonna do that? Adding a rechargable battery that you could have more than 1 of would be a great solution, but thats not the model ATM. Just make sure to charge it all the time you're not using it, and i doubt you'd be without it in dire needs. Mine lasts me the whole day, and i'm happy with that.

Plastic taste is still around, but it's only been 3 days. Note: first hits off the bowl taste great to me, and you can really taste the bud's flavor, similar to how you get the taste on a first hit of a stationary vape.

I can't really think of any others :)

To adress some cons other people have said:
you don't get clouds:
-A) your not hitting it right
-B) your not packing your bowl down
-C) you are expecting too big of a cloud, the puff time is only like 10s, so don't be drawing on it until you cant breath in anymore, maybe thats how some of you are using it?

Battery life:
-Yes it's a bit short, but again what did you expect? With the insane stealth you get with this unit, there are bound to be trade offs. The unit is very small and compact, making it bigger would have been awkward, and i mean thats the only other thing. It's not like they chose, HMM WE'LL HAVE A SHORT BATTERY. first, it's not all that short, it lasts me the whole entire day, vaping throughout sporadically. Second, they are working with a pretty big constraint: size.

Efficiency:
-I would say this is the puffit's largest downfall, and it's not even that bad. Yep, you can't rip the bowl until it is utterly done, and still get big clouds. It doesn't seem to be super efficient, but if i put a good pinch out of my grinder, and puff that, and get high off of it, that is effecient enough. I'm also a medical patient, and don't like my stuff to be wasted. I don't feel as if it is wasted, because:
1)ABV can always be cooked again
2)the portability this thing provides, and stealth, is more than a Joint, but is far more effecient than a joint, without question. I dont feel like i am wasting when i pack my bowls, i fell pretty happy because i'm about to vape cordlessly at a park, in a car, literally wherever.

which is related to,

Not getting really really high:
-I'm going to reiterate 1 last time, this is a portable vaporizer with a large constraint put on it by the features that make this thing so useful out in the wild. This isn't a vaporizer you and your friends can sit around and watch movies with, and get STONED. This is for using while out on your drive to work/whatever youre doing, for a quick pick-me-up high. I don't see you getting insanely high off of it, youre not going to feel like you just smoked hash-because in order to do that you have to smoke hash.
what im saying is, take it for what it is: a useful cool stealthy device that will give you a quick bowl on the go whenever and where ever you want.

Part of the problem i feel, is that people expected so much out of this thing, without realizing that no vape can HAVE IT ALL, especially a portable vaporizer. Even with stationary vapes, you have trade offs. The DaBuddha is more effecient than the EXQ, but the EXQ is a better design, and blows bags: TRADEOFF. The volcano is super sturdy and will knock you off your ass, but it's mad expensive, and has no whip attachment: TRADEOFF.

At 130 dollars, i'm not ready to complain and bitch. Thats 40 more dollars than the cheapest portable vape alternative (MFLB), that i don't particularly like. This is one of the more cheap portable vaporizers (to my knowledge), and yet it gives you so much for your money.

I'm happy with mine, and i believe i am getting my moneys worth no doubt, because i am essentially paying for the ability to vaporize in any setting. This thing will be so useful come fall and i'm back at school. Having this thing in my back pack and pre-packed to vape before i go into the library, or go into a class, or if i'm on my way back to the dorm; i know i'll be able to just pull this out on the busiest parts of campus, and vape no problem. Since i'm living in a dorm, i'm not sure if my roommates will be chill, so getting out of the dorm to vape is important to me.

Please ask me any questions about my use with it; i'm very stoked on my replacement, and plan on using it a lot in the future. I'd love to help you guys figure out if this is a vape you want to buy or not, and help answer any of your questions regarding it.

TLDR: Got my replacement, am very happy with it. Yes there are some drawbacks, but with a unit that gives you so much in stealth and usability, you're bound to give up some other things on the other end. if stealthy and portability is important to you, then this is for you no questions. I get clouds, i get high, and i do it everywhere cause i can now. I feel as if expectations are a bit high for this unit given it's size and main purpose. I would recommend it to my friends and to you guys no question if you're looking for a vape you can use anywhere and nobody notices.

I'm sorry for the long as review, but im trying to get as much of my thoughts about other reviews out as possible.

bigtvapes

Opinions are opinions, of course, but I think fans of this device need to stop worrying about people "expecting too much". People are going to expect a quality portable vape that competes with whats out there. The puffit has it's pros and cons but I'd say fairly confidently that it does compete with the rest of the market.

This unit isn't expensive but it's not cheap either. I think people who expected this thing to produce awesome clouds on max settings have a right to be disappointed. The ability to control temperature should allow ME (meaning not discreet vape) to decide if I wanna peel back the strength a little bit and forgo some clouds if I want to increase my chances of staying stealthy. The fact that you don't get that choice... I need people to stop wording it to me like it's a good thing. I'm not that dumb.

And I don't like this sentiment that "This unit isn't meant to get you high". Then what is it's purpose exactly? Because some people make it seem its for addicts ONLY who need their quick fix before they rip off some poor store clerk's head because they can't possibly make a long drive without getting high. I don't think that's the image fans want to put out there either but it's an idea or a thought process that I keep reading about. A vape either works well or doesn't. Of course no one should expect desktop-level power from this thing, but to say it's weak ON PURPOSE is kind of an odd thing to keep reading about.

To be clear my intention is not to come down on inkoso. He's just telling us how he feels. That is a 100% good thing. You have the right to feel how you feel. I'm just more talking about some recurring ideas and thoughts that I keep reading in threads like this and others like it.

bigtvapes,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Note: first hits off the bowl taste great to me, and you can really taste the bud's flavor, similar to how you get the taste on a first hit of a stationary vape.

Would LOVE to know how you achieved this?? the not being able to taste my blend is my BIGGEST complaint. all other issues/complaints are minor to me. Even after going through the cleaning steps outlined in the video (multiple times over i might add), my first few hits still taste like i sucked on a heated snorkel (i am not sure who first described it that way, but thank you, it's a perfect description). I have tried many different blends in it and all taste like heated silicone to me. i take those same blends and put them in my Buddha or my Solo and they taste great.

still waiting on my RMA# from GV so i can not comment on what a replacement unit is going to be like but i am seriously not holding out much hope.

I will agree this is probably the stealthiest vape out there. i pulled it out in a resturant while standing on line waiting for the bathroom and puffed it and no one said a thing. I will also agree i do get medicated, but it takes some work to do so and since i can't taste my blend and all its flavors, it takes the enjoyment out of it and makes it a chore. and that is why i am soooooo disappointed in this unit.

mmenzie,

OF

-I'm going to reiterate 1 last time, this is a portable vaporizer with a large constraint put on it by the features that make this thing so useful out in the wild. This isn't a vaporizer you and your friends can sit around and watch movies with, and get STONED. This is for using while out on your drive to work/whatever youre doing, for a quick pick-me-up high. I don't see you getting insanely high off of it, youre not going to feel like you just smoked hash-because in order to do that you have to smoke hash.
what im saying is, take it for what it is: a useful cool stealthy device that will give you a quick bowl on the go whenever and where ever you want.

Part of the problem i feel, is that people expected so much out of this thing, without realizing that no vape can HAVE IT ALL, especially a portable vaporizer. Even with stationary vapes, you have trade offs.

Thank you, IMO an excellent review with raised points well considered and explained. IMO quite objective, far more so than most.

I think you've hit on the core of many folk's issues, it isn't it isn't what they wanted/expected. They are disappointed and share that. None of us likes to consider that perhaps our demands are unrealistic. For guys that normally sit down to vape off a major part of a gram this is going to be too small. No way around it. If your tolerance calls for more THC than is in the bowl, it's not magic, you won't get enough back out to do the job you want. Nailheads probably don't stand a chance.

Maybe the most important lesson here is most of what's going on are subjective measures. It's too nasty tasting to be tolerated to some, but not all. It's performance is exactly right for some, but too modest for others. Some find battery life fine for the task, others can't get enough vapor from a charge to suit them. The various authors are speaking from their experience and values, not the reader's. It's up to us to basically ignore the absolute statements ('this is the best vape ever', 'this one will poison you, your dog, and the next door neighbor if you turn it on in a closed space' and so on), or at least strongly discount them. Instead it's our job to wade through it looking for clues for how closely our values (and therefore judgements) match the various authors.

Paul may have told us we need to be all things to all men, but that's not going to work for such vapes.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Dogman

VisiblyVaped

Thank you, IMO an excellent review with raised points well considered and explained. IMO quite objective, far more so than most.

I think you've hit on the core of many folk's issues, it isn't it isn't what they wanted/expected. They are disappointed and share that. None of us likes to consider that perhaps our demands are unrealistic. For guys that normally sit down to vape off a major part of a gram this is going to be too small. No way around it. If your tolerance calls for more THC than is in the bowl, it's not magic, you won't get enough back out to do the job you want. Nailheads probably don't stand a chance.

Maybe the most important lesson here is most of what's going on are subjective measures. It's too nasty tasting to be tolerated to some, but not all. It's performance is exactly right for some, but too modest for others. Some find battery life fine for the task, others can't get enough vapor from a charge to suit them. The various authors are speaking from their experience and values, not the reader's. It's up to us to basically ignore the absolute statements ('this is the best vape ever', 'this one will poison you, your dog, and the next door neighbor if you turn it on in a closed space' and so on), or at least strongly discount them. Instead it's our job to wade through it looking for clues for how closely our values (and therefore judgements) match the various authors.

Paul may have told us we need to be all things to all men, but that's not going to work for such vapes.

OF
Could be the best post in here.
I think some of us, myself included, felt/feel ripped off a bit. Especially because when I ordered (July 6th) the majority was good reviews if I recall. Not many, and it may have been "tester" reviews I read but nevertheless...
Then, once everyone actually starts receiving the first batch from GV there's an abundance of issues. Between shipping issues (irrelevant), the odor, taste, lack of clouds, improperly fitted stirring tool, sketchy battery life for some, etc.
That was all thrown around almost immediately after the members received theirs, with the exception of a few who were fine with it.
I think on average there are more negative reviews than positive.

In my opinion, the company wasn't ready and they pushed too hard in order for a "summer" release. I dont personally believe enough testing, tweaking, re-testing, etc was done. Also, to have a warranty/return policy in place that requires you to pay another $20 to ship to HK (for refurbishment only) or have parts mailed to you and you do the work....assuming liability for damaging the unit or improperly replacing a part. Not much of a warranty, and there is no US center. They didnt anticipate problems so soon I guess.

Its september, my "new" units still a week away so time will tell more.

Im used to customer service like MFLB provides, DiscreetVape isnt able to do so yet.
Nothing against Andrew, but theyre just not equipped to do so yet

VisiblyVaped,

bigtvapes

There is no single best vape on the market. All we can do is discuss it like grown ups and people can make up their own minds.

inkoso

Opinions are opinions, of course, but I think fans of this device need to stop worrying about people "expecting too much". People are going to expect a quality portable vape that competes with whats out there. The puffit has it's pros and cons but I'd say fairly confidently that it does compete with the rest of the market.

This unit isn't expensive but it's not cheap either. I think people who expected this thing to produce awesome clouds on max settings have a right to be disappointed. The ability to control temperature should allow ME (meaning not discreet vape) to decide if I wanna peel back the strength a little bit and forgo some clouds if I want to increase my chances of staying stealthy. The fact that you don't get that choice... I need people to stop wording it to me like it's a good thing. I'm not that dumb.

Again, the purpose of this vape is key. It's designed for stealth, and it's designed to not draw attention. And the lack of cloud comes more from the time constraint on your draw, rather than the temperature. The unit stops heating after like 10 seconds, and thats a design that is meant to preserve battery life. Sure you have the right to be disappointed, but you also had the right to higher than reasonable expectations.

And I don't like this sentiment that "This unit isn't meant to get you high". Then what is it's purpose exactly? Because some people make it seem its for addicts ONLY who need their quick fix before they rip off some poor store clerk's head because they can't possibly make a long drive without getting high. I don't think that's the image fans want to put out there either but it's an idea or a thought process that I keep reading about. A vape either works well or doesn't. Of course no one should expect desktop-level power from this thing, but to say it's weak ON PURPOSE is kind of an odd thing to keep reading about.

I'm sorry but this is a bit ridiculous, and sort of skewing my words. I never said it's weak on purpose, and i never even said it's weak. As i said, i get very high off this unit. What i did say was that this isn't going to get you ripped to a complete 10, but again, thats sort of the purpose of this vape. Yes, this unit's purpose isn't to get you as high as a bong, or a stationary vaporizer, but that was the whole point of it! It gets you high, and gets you very nicely high wherever you want!

Come on, before i rip off some poor stor clerks head? what are you even talking about here? This vape works, and it works well for me. I don't know what else to tell you; you didn't read my review i guess? I said pretty clearly it gets you high, and nicely high, it just isn't going to get you to the level 5 bong rips will get you.

To be clear my intention is not to come down on inkoso. He's just telling us how he feels. That is a 100% good thing. You have the right to feel how you feel. I'm just more talking about some recurring ideas and thoughts that I keep reading in threads like this and others like it.

No problem i totally respect what you're doing, thanks for reading my review.

inkoso,

mmenzie

i read your review too and i quoted the only piece that concerns me. i appreciate your review and respect your opinions. i do agree with you on alot of what you said as well. i just can't seem to get the same "taste" results you do and i don't think that has anything to do with how i "use" it.

mmenzie,

bigtvapes

Insoko, I feel like I blatantly pointed out that I wasn't quoting you or addressing you. I was addressing an idea that was similar to something you had said. So if that wasn't clear, I apologize. I wasn't saying you were an addict. I wasn't saying you're ripping anyone's head off. The "biting the clerk's head off" nonsense was an attempt at goofy humor. SO OVER THE TOP I COULDNT HAVE POSSIBLY MEANT IT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Anyway, the point is I feel like there is a Puffit defense sentiment that this thing isn't a high efficiency vape ON PURPOSE. I disagree with that. A product either works well or doesn't. If it doesn't, it's certainly not by design in my opinion, as again, that's why there's something like a temp gauge where I can knock down the heat if I want to be stealthy. Again tho, I like my unit and won't get rid of it. I do agree that it's worth owning, assuming the horrific taste issue is addressed.

And you are 100% right. It doesn't produce desktop-level draws so yea, I'm not arguing that really. Because that's truth. But lets not be silly. Anyone who has used it knows it works :-)

bigtvapes,

mmenzie

i agree that it does work per se...... i just hate the taste and the work you have to do to get to that level. if this unit let me taste my blends and everything else was still the same i would be a happy camper.... not an ecstatic camper... just a happy one.

mmenzie,

VisiblyVaped

Anyway, the point is I feel like there is a Puffit defense sentiment that this thing isn't a high efficiency vape ON PURPOSE. I disagree with that. A product either works well or doesn't. If it doesn't, it's certainly not by design in my opinion, as again, that's why there's something like a temp gauge where I can knock down the heat if I want to be stealthy.

100% agree. Not saying it doesn't work, but I'd like the ability to produce bigger clouds if i wanted since it is, by design, an adjustable temp portable. I have a solo, good example of a portable that really can let the user gauge the cloud size they want....just a bit large to be stealthy.

VisiblyVaped,

inkoso

100% agree. Not saying it doesn't work, but I'd like the ability to produce bigger clouds if i wanted since it is, by design, an adjustable temp portable. I have a solo, good example of a portable that really can let the user gauge the cloud size they want....just a bit large to be stealthy.

I get good sized clouds for a vape that I hit for 10 seconds.

I guess I'm having a much better experience with mine, or maybe it's cause you guys haven't gotten replacements.

inkoso,

VisiblyVaped

I get good sized clouds for a vape that I hit for 10 seconds.

I guess I'm having a much better experience with mine, or maybe it's cause you guys haven't gotten replacements.
Have you used a solo? I can't imagine it matching clouds, highest setting.
The replacements are more due to taste, smell, and a faulty battery indicator.

Edit: mmenzie - call daily. After one or two calls theyll usually send it immediately.
Email is useless, ever since the puffit release date screw up and everything theyve been in shambles i think, with returns and complaints while still trying to be one of the top vape retailers....

VisiblyVaped,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Personally, I went in to this thinking of it as a "pick me up" vaporizer that I would use to boost my current medicated state. I knew it would not hit as hard as my other vaporizers. Even with that expectation and nothing more I am disappointed in the device.

I feel like the whole way the device works is a gimmick. Why do I say that? Well just because it looks like an inhaler does not mean it should function like one. I think having the heater run for 10 seconds is not enough time. Ideally they should include a bigger battery and have the device run in longer cycles... or better yet you would just turn it on and off when you are ready to use it.

I would be really disappointed with my PAX if I turned it off and on every 10 seconds...

For me to get ANY visual vapor I have to run at least 3-4 cycles the first time that session. The only way I can continue to get vapor is to constantly power cycle the device during the entire session. Still the clouds are weak and not satisfying. Even if I push it to the MAX it still does not function as a "pick me up" vape for me. I always find myself medicating 5-10 minutes later with another device.

Slightly Medicated,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
Have you used a solo? I can't imagine it matching clouds, highest setting.
The clouds from the Puffit don't even come close to the clouds from the Solo. I will say I have had a few really large clouds from the Puffit, but I have not been able to repeat this on a constant basis as I can with the Solo.

For me what it comes down to is the amount of belief you have in the ABV. If I start green and end up dark brown, the vaporizer is doing it's job. Maybe I am a lightweight, although I have medicated daily for over 30 years, perhaps my tolerance is much lower than others, but I get ripped if I finish a bowl in a battery cycle without stopping.

Another thing we have to consider is the quality of medicine. I am so lucky to be able to get top shelf medicine and I know for a fact that the vapors are much more visually evident in a better quality strain.

I love my Puffit, but it has it's shortcomings, as does every other vaporizer out there. The purpose of this thread is to educate those that read this thread to help them make a wise purchase decisions that they will ultimately be happy with. I am happy to be one of the first to try this unit, and I stand by every word I posted about this little baby.

What it all boils down to is whether or not it will work for your particular situation. For the instances I use mine, there is not a better vaporizer out there to do what I want it to do and when.

Dogman,

mmenzie

Edit: mmenzie - call daily. After one or two calls theyll usually send it immediately. Email is useless, ever since the puffit release date screw up and everything theyve been in shambles i think, with returns and complaints while still trying to be one of the top vape retailers....

so i took your suggestion and i called. agent says to me "i literally just got your request for an RMA 10 minutes ago" i laughed and said the request was setup by your employee 5 days ago. she then blamed the three day weekend. i laughed again and said the request was supposed to be done on Friday morning (since it was setup thursday night) BEFORE the 3 day weekend officially began. she apologized and i just received the RMA# in my email. man i love GV :rolleyes:

mmenzie,

PuffitFan

This has been brought up before, but I feel like it has been over looked and needs to be reiterated. This unit was made with discreetness as the primary objective; it's not supposed to make giant clouds that draw attention to the user, and you'll have a hard time getting it to even if you try. I believe it was still made to be potent if used correctly though.

After a bit of experimenting I found that when using my Puffit I get more medicated if I hold my hits for an unusually long time. I've actually been able to get pretty substantial clouds when exhaling when I usually do with other units, but I don't get very medicated. If you hold in your hits longer you will definitely not get any vapor but you will get substantially more medicated. The vapor is thin and we waste it by trying to get big clouds.

I also find that setting the temperature to maximum for the first 1 or 2 cycles and then turning it down to 6 or 6.5 provides the most potency, which makes sense because the vaporization temp of the active ingredient is right in that zone. It's also good to take long, slow, steady inhales so you don't cool down the chamber.

I don't know if it will work for all of you, but taking those steps made me enjoy the Puffit about twice as much as I did.

(Don't forget to clean a lot!)

PuffitFan,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I still don't accept that not producing visible vapor is somehow a feature or it being more discreet. I hold all my hits in for a good 10-12 seconds sometimes longer. If I am in public I try and hold them for 20+ seconds. I try and absorb all the vapor in my lungs by holding in as long as I can. (I like to hold my hits long enough that my ears start to ring.)

When I do a dab it is not uncommon for me to hold my breath so long that nothing visible comes out when exhaled. Even if I white walled the water pipe during the hit, I absorbed most of the vapor in my lungs. I can hold in a hit on any other portable and make them not be visible.

I could either hold in a huge hit till it is no longer visible, or I could hold in a tiny hit until it is no longer visible. Personally, the latter is not nearly as satisfying as the former. Devices should give you the option to at least have a "strong" hit.

VisiblyVaped

I still don't accept that not producing visible vapor is somehow a feature or it being more discreet. I hold all my hits in for a good 10-12 seconds sometimes longer. If I am in public I try and hold them for 20+ seconds. I try and absorb all the vapor in my lungs by holding in as long as I can. (I like to hold my hits long enough that my ears start to ring.)

When I do a dab it is not uncommon for me to hold my breath so long that nothing visible comes out when exhaled. Even if I white walled the water pipe during the hit, I absorbed most of the vapor in my lungs. I can hold in a hit on any other portable and make them not be visible.

I could either hold in a huge hit till it is no longer visible, or I could hold in a tiny hit until it is no longer visible. Personally, the latter is not nearly as satisfying as the former. Devices should give you the option to at least have a "strong" hit.

I couldn't have said it better myself.....

VisiblyVaped,

bigtvapes

It's an o.k. hit for a portable, but not the best. Which is fine. But again, here's another, "It's supposed to be a weak hitter!" type defense of the unit.

No one designs a vape, takes a hit, and goes, "Aww man this unit is too strong. I am TORE UP! let's make this bitch a lil weaker".

bigtvapes,
Top Bottom