PUFFiT portable

Randall

iv used mine now for over a month and iv yet to have any issues. and i believe they will be offering a replacement program for the battery so you wont need to buy a new vape if that occurs. but im not the manufacturer so i cant say forsure but from what i do know of the manufacturer im sure he wont leave the customer hanging on something like that :]

Randall,

JoeKickass

iv used mine now for over a month and iv yet to have any issues. and i believe they will be offering a replacement program for the battery so you wont need to buy a new vape if that occurs. but im not the manufacturer so i cant say forsure but from what i do know of the manufacturer im sure he wont leave the customer hanging on something like that :]

Do you know the manufacturer, is that how you got one already?

JoeKickass,
Reactions: darkrom

OF

But the warranty is only 90 days. What happens if something goes wrong after? You have to buy a new vape?

You're asking the right question, JS, I think. This is an internal battery like most e-cigs and the V1 edition of Omicron (and currently O-phos??), it's likely soldered in place and is not intended to be user replaced.

It will die, over a period of a few years or to a few months, depending on use and treatment. This is why you can change the battery in your cell phone, it's likely not to last the 2 years it's lifespan is based on and replacing the phone is a major hassle if you can't swap batteries.

In this case, I suspect the maker will have to come up with a service package like the other makers do. Something along the lines of 'send us your old unit and XX bucks and we'll strip it down and rebuild it after it's out of warranty'. They're probably hoping you'll buy a new one, of course, and who can blame 'em?

It's negative experiences with such units that pushed THC to come up with the V2 and to use 'externally charged' batteries for their other offerings I think. The same consideration kept them out of TV designs from the start (having worked it out with e-cigs already?).

Good question. Time will tell.

OF

Randall

I met the manufacturer during The BIG show in vegas. just a beta tester for the states ;]

mod note: No, just a Gotvape employee

Randall,

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
You're asking the right question, JS, I think.
Haha thanks, but I prefer 'GC' if you must abbreviate. :)

This is why you can change the battery in your cell phone, it's likely not to last the 2 years
Two years?! Obviously you don't own an Android... I've used the phone only three months and I need to charge it twice a day. Considering replacing the battery already. :p

I guess we can only wait for the verdict now over months of use. Although I'd been lusting after the Da Vinci originally and couldn't buy it for want of money, I think I made a more sound decision with regards my choosing the MFLB - the Da Vinci has wonderful initial review, but the MFLB seems tried and tested in every possible way. I'd prefer something I know I can bank on, and not only in theory.

JeeSee,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Good point on the 'disaster waiting to happen' part. Unfortunately, the stealth aspects of this and similar devices can combine with Testosterone poisoning and make guys "brave" when they should be cautious......it's gonna happen, no doubt long before any of those monkeys writes a single line of Shakespeare?

OF

I can see it now:

Teenager takes a hit of the Puffit during class.
Teenager coughs and smells up the classroom of vaporized cannabis.
Teacher notices coughing and smell
Teacher asks student "What is that"
Teenager says "Oh it is my inhaler"
Teacher knows better and calls the principal who calls the cops.
Teenager is upset because his stealth vaporizer did not make him a pot vaporizing super hero with powers of invisibility.
Media gets a hold of police report.
Media comes out with a story about how evil people are trying to get children high with look-a-like inhalers.
The next day one of the Kardashians does something stupid and the media forgets all about the Puffit.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I can see it now:

Teenager takes a hit of the Puffit during class.
Teenager coughs and smells up the classroom of vaporized cannabis.
Teacher notices coughing and smell
Teacher asks student "What is that"
Teenager says "Oh it is my inhaler"
Teacher knows better and calls the principal who calls the cops.
Teenager is upset because his stealth vaporizer did not make him a pot vaporizing super hero with powers of invisibility.
Media gets a hold of police report.
Media comes out with a story about how evil people are trying to get children high with lookalike inhalers.
2+2=5. I see you have read the manual, congrats . . . :tup:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
And why is it that all portables are always matched up against the MFLB? IMO - the iolite, the Wispr, the Solo, the TV, etc...all rock the MF. Not trying to sell the MF short but really, the only thing this unit has in common with the Magic Flight is its price point. :2c:

That would be because your opinion isn't shared by the vast majority.

pakalolo,

OF

Two years?! Obviously you don't own an Android... I've used the phone only three months and I need to charge it twice a day. Considering replacing the battery already. :p

I'm not exactly sure why it is obvious, but no I don't. I do have a cell phone, though. Now on my fifth so it's been about 9 years I guess and I have yet to wear a battery out. New phone every 2 years. I'm sure the one it the current phone is OK, it's probably dead, but not to worry the charger is in the car with it.....never know when a flat tire will happen you know.

Didn't I mention lifespan depends on how you use it? Keep it in the car and it lasts a very long time indeed. And you get a little more peace in your life...... But I digress.

Use this puppy hard (which I suspect some will) and you'll be looking for service for it like you are for your phone and you don't 'ride it hard and put it up wet' (cowboy talk for abusing your trusty mount).

Regards,

OF

OF,

Herbalista

To address the not blue color issue... I ikow we are all down for super stealth but I think not making it look exactly like an inhaler will help... defend them & us (the medicated) from some of the blowback when some rebellious teen ends up getting caught with it.... Or is that just my paranoia kickin' in?

Herbalista,

OF

To address the not blue color issue... I ikow we are all down for super stealth but I think not making it look exactly like an inhaler will help... defend them & us (the medicated) from some of the blowback when some rebellious teen ends up getting caught with it.... Or is that just my paranoia kickin' in?

In the immortal words of no less than Doctor Johnny Fever his own self, "...everyone is out to get you, paranoia is just good thinking...".

Words to live by.

OF

OF

this is a conduction vape right?

Yes, that's my understanding. Sort of a custom LB if you will, even if the battery is about the only common part? The screen is heated by current directly through it, only the herb in actual contact gets hot enough to vape. Shaking or some form of mix will no doubt be needed between hits.

OF

OF,

hanfhead

is high
this is a conduction vape right?

By the way it loads at the top it looks like it is conduction. Also reading the instructions it sounds like you pack the "heat chamber" which would lead me to believe conduction.

hanfhead,

natural farmer

so the only small, stealthy, convection portable for herbs is still Thermovape and it's weak batteries right?

natural farmer,

OF

so the only small, stealthy, convection portable for herbs is still Thermovape and it's weak batteries right?

No, there is nothing wrong with the batteries. They are carefully balanced against the load so you can completely vape a bowl. Nothing weak about it, go just a bit heavier on the load and you combust. I have tested several examples of just that for them.

Otherwise, yes, T1 and Evolution are your options at present. THC's 8 should be available sometime this summer I'd guess, it's another option then. Bigger bowl (by a small bit) and maybe 3 bowls per charge, but a fair bit bigger and more on the flashy end of the scale than stealth. It's basically conduction, but does not need to be stirred (if that's the issue there). And of course there's Solo but that's also getting big and some guys don't find all that glass to be handy when trying to be low key.

So TV is state of the art if you want convection and don't want it to be bigger than it has to be to do a bowl. The factory batteries are definitely up to that standard.

OF

OF,

natural farmer

No, there is nothing wrong with the batteries. They are carefully balanced against the load so you can completely vape a bowl. Nothing weak about it, go just a bit heavier on the load and you combust. I have tested several examples of just that for them.

Otherwise, yes, T1 and Evolution are your options at present. THC's 8 should be available sometime this summer I'd guess, it's another option then. Bigger bowl (by a small bit) and maybe 3 bowls per charge, but a fair bit bigger and more on the flashy end of the scale than stealth. It's basically conduction, but does not need to be stirred (if that's the issue there). And of course there's Solo but that's also getting big and some guys don't find all that glass to be handy when trying to be low key.

So TV is state of the art if you want convection and don't want it to be bigger than it has to be to do a bowl. The factory batteries are definitely up to that standard.

OF

I get what you mean OF but my idea of weak is that they won't last a few bowls like my Solo.. Anyway, I believe I 'm going to stick with the Solo for the moment and invest in a nice wooden stem from Ed for out and about. My brother though, whose main concern is stealth, is already searching for funds to get a T1...

Not if you think flame-powered vapes can be stealthy :2c:

...he has proven the Lotus to be stealthy enough in social situations but butane has been nothing but a trouble for the last 2 years so no flame any more, thanks! :p

natural farmer,

OF

I get what you mean OF but my idea of weak is that they won't last a few bowls like my Solo.. Anyway, I believe I 'm going to stick with the Solo for the moment and invest in a nice wooden stem from Ed for out and about. My brother though, whose main concern is stealth, is already searching for funds to get a T1...

Probably a good call. Solo is just a little big and perhaps frail as I see it, either will serve. I've never done the calculations but I'm not sure a couple spare sets of batteries makes the package any bigger, that is the case I carry my T1 in with four spares and herb to fill the bowl a few more times is 3.5 X 6 X 1 inch. A bit large for a small camera, but still fits in larger pockets well. 3 sets will probably do four or five bowls, but I just plan on 3 and have never had any troubles doing that (after learning it, of course).

Good luck to the brother, remind him to get extra batteries so he won't go cold.....

OF

OF,
Reactions: ili

max

Out to lunch
hanfhead said:
By the way it loads at the top it looks like it is conduction.
A real conduction vape is heated metal with the herb sitting on it, cooking like food in a frying pan. There's no heated air path for the herb, and the 1st generation dome vapes (BC Vaporizer may have been the 1st) are the best example, and pretty much only example. I don't know of any decent, popular vapes, portable or otherwise, that classify as conduction these days. They all draw outside air in, heat it, and supply convection heating. There's conduction going on in a lot of vapes with an enclosed bowl, especially if the bowl is metal. That doesn't make 'em conduction by design. Anyone who's ever used a dome/fishbowl vape, as well as good models, knows that a pure conduction design is very inefficient and frustrating to use. If it's a good vape it's primarily convection. Convection beat out conduction like digital disc beat out analog tape.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I don't know of any decent, popular vapes, portable or otherwise, that classify as conduction these days.

MFLB anyone?

Not sure what you're vaping, max, but I'd like some.

pakalolo,
Top Bottom