PUFFiT portable

vape4life

Banned for life
Same, curious about the vapour quality/density... I have a feeling it will be a bit similar to mflb vapour, but i'm just talking outta my ass. I love how it can't combust!

druminfected

Please make those Blue Models asap please! I bet 2 crackers the blue ones will outsell the black ones :) I hope these work great though, I've been holding off from buying a mflb, trying to see if someone will come up with a product that can compete, and this one looks promising.

druminfected,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I just pre-ordered from Got Vapes for $109.99, is supposed to ship July 1, I cannot freaking wait!

Dogman,
Reactions: t-dub

druminfected

daymn, july 1st? That means a blue model won't be out for ages. I might have to jump on this.

druminfected,

jhpfunk

My question was about the blue model as well. If I'm going to pop on one of these on the heels of my new friend DaVinci, I'd really like the one that's a dead ringer for an inhaler. I called Gotvape and was told that it only comes in black. Odd.

jhpfunk,

Kaptan

My question was about the blue model as well. If I'm going to pop on one of these on the heels of my new friend DaVinci, I'd really like the one that's a dead ringer for an inhaler. I called Gotvape and was told that it only comes in black. Odd.
Check back one page, post #89.

Kaptan,

jhpfunk

Ahhh cccchhhaaa, old post #89. It looks cool, but i'll sit out until the blue comes out. I already have a couple portables. The kitch factor of an asthma inhaler gets me to the finish line.

jhpfunk,

2clicker

Observer
i dont think the blue is really any more stealth than the black. they both look legit to me.

glad to see some pre-orders on here. cant wait to hear how well they work.

2clicker,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I've never seen a drug company use a black one and couldn't find a picture of one. It seems they prefer the "feel good" pastel color palate . . .

t-dub,

max

Out to lunch
So it's about the same as a mflb, and they claim you can't combust?

:tup:
They said there's a patent on it, so other than portable size and battery operation, no it's not about the same as a MF.

No way I could go for that blue color. Give me black or earth tones for any portable.

max,
Reactions: Dogman

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I think that, if they wanted the perfect cover up for the inhaler they would not choose black as the first colour.. but i think people will assume it is a asthma inhaler and won't question the colour because, if it is not an asthma inhaler then what is it, right?? :D

And you can always buy that bieber cover, that way people will be shocked with the cover and forget about the rest. hehehe.

To be a little more on topic, this vape is looking sweeet! Anyone knows if there will be an EU distributor in the future?

vorrange,

2clicker

Observer
I think that, if they wanted the perfect cover up for the inhaler they would not choose black as the first colour.. but i think people will assume it is a asthma inhaler and won't question the colour because, if it is not an asthma inhaler then what is it, right?? :D

thats what i was thinking

2clicker,

quentin123

This might be a dumb question but does anyone know if USB is universal? Would it matter if the laptop you charge it off was running of EU power or anything?
Looks like a steal for $110 assuming it works even moderately well.

quentin123,

OF

This might be a dumb question but does anyone know if USB is universal? Would it matter if the laptop you charge it off was running of EU power or anything?
Looks like a steal for $110 assuming it works even moderately well.

Yes USB is standard. English electrons work the same as the German ones (but without the accent). The ports are all five Volts DC, most at an Amp or less, some laptops half that. Any working USB port is your friend.

As to color, I wonder how hard it is to mask it and paint it any color you'd like? Lots of good rattle can colors for plastics these days.

OF

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
The only thing to note is that you would almost certainly need USB 2.0
Pretty much everything has it now, but older computers or laptops may still have USB 1.1 (which is useless for power)

Frederick McGuire,

OF

The only thing to note is that you would almost certainly need USB 2.0
Pretty much everything has it now, but older computers or laptops may still have USB 1.1 (which is useless for power)

Sorry, I have to disagree here. USB ports of all flavors have always had at least half an Amp available:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Serial_Bus

The hottest ones ever are twice that. Far from "useless", it is in fact more power than we can probably use here. Typical charge currents for small batteries in that class are a few hundred mA at best. The USB charger I have for my Omicron is 430 mA max it won't slow down when plugged into the weakest port made.

"No worries" IMO.

OF

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Well, I'm happy to be corrected :)
I don't know the actual numbers, I just know that laptop hard drives etc need 2 ports for USB 1.1

It's probably a moot point anyway, since most stuff has USB 2.0 anyways

Frederick McGuire,

OF

Well, I'm happy to be corrected :)
I don't know the actual numbers, I just know that laptop hard drives etc need 2 ports for USB 1.1

It's probably a moot point anyway, since most stuff has USB 2.0 anyways

Cool. Yeah, I know the hard drive story, lucky for us we're using a lot less power so even if the OP can find the antique port (and I agree, he might spend a long time looking....) it's still going to have enough steam to charge the biggest battery in there at maximum rate, and even if it's too lame for that all it does is slow the charge rate down, taking a bit longer time.

While there are better plans that wondering around with a USB cable looking for a place to charge you vape, it should work fine for the OP.

Thanks again.

OF

OF,

Puffit Vaporizer

Manufacturer
Hi Guys. Looking in quickly before Heading on up to the factory to supervise Production line set up.

Thanks for the Interest and words of encouragement!

Re: The blue Ones
We do plan to be offering different colour combinations as we swing into production. But the choice to go for basic black on the first production run seemed the safest choice. Watch this space... we'll let you know when the first coloured ones will hit the market!

Re: USB Charging.
Folks here are right. USB 2.0 is a standard World Wide 5V 500mA. Which is the set charge rate for our unit and is spot on the perfect charge rate for the internal battery.
We chose USB charging because of that universality. It meant we were shipping the same product world wide and it meant that access to charging was easy for 99% of the population.
And when compared to providing a proprietary charging system, it keeps our product cost lower so you get a better retail price.
Even if you don't have access to a computer USB port (and if you are reading this you probably do :D ) it's easy to find a USB adapter for home or car in just about any electronics shop.
We will also be offering our own branded wall charger in the near future.

Re: EU Distribution
It's in the plan, but will lag US distribution by a couple months as we are just beginning to lay the groundwork. In the mean time, If you are a European distribution house or smoke shop and I haven't contacted you yet. Please feel free to drop us a line!

Thanks
Andrew

Puffit Vaporizer,

2clicker

Observer
As to color, I wonder how hard it is to mask it and paint it any color you'd like? Lots of good rattle can colors for plastics these days.

you read my mind.

i wonder if the cap from the asthma inhaler would fit the Puff It.

2clicker,
Top Bottom