PUFFiT portable

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Just received my replacement Puffit from Got Vape.

As someone said before the plastic smell is 95% gone.

The other 5% hopefully should diminish.

I already sold it and have to ship it out. So i will not be able to test it out.

If anyone inside the US needs the replacement silicone top ring and new vapor path i will mail it out to you for free.

Andrew from Discreet Vape mailed these replacement parts out to me plus instructions.

He mailed them in a regular business envelope. I will be mailing it out the same way.

DSC01394.JPG

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
so you got an RMA from GotVape and replacement parts from the manufacturer too??

mmenzie,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

so you got an RMA from GotVape and replacement parts from the manufacturer too??

Yes.

I contacted Andrew first and he sent out the replacement parts from China. ( Which by the way took 2 weeks.) Got to love that snail mail.

Then i found out thanks to VisiblyVaped that Got Vape was doing a full replacement exchange.

So since i wanted to sell it. Doing a full replacement was a no brainer.

mmenzie

well everyone..... i am at work today and i checked the UPS tracking site and it says my RMA Puffit has been delivered. YAY!! i was hoping it would so i brought some meds with me today. i am going to the mailroom now to see if i can get it and get it on the charger. MAYBE... i will have time to get a test in and report back before i even leave work at 5:00pm today.

will report back later......

i was also told by the GV rep i would get a "fan pack" because of all my troubles when i get my unit back. anyone want to take bets on whether i get this "fan pack" or not??? lol

well everyone should be glad they did not take me up on my bet. here is what was in the email from the GV rep BEFORE i did the RMA:

"As far as the shipping cost, please let me make it up to you by sending you out some accessories such as Got Vape Wipes, a poker, and a grinder."

well i opened my box just now and inside was my RMA'ed Puffit (more on this soon) and a clear envelope, the kind you put shipping labels in, that had some Vaprizing for your Heath brochures, a Got Vape sticker, and one pack of Got Vape Wipes. there was no poker and there was no grinder in the box. considering my experience with this company (the puffit was my only purchase ever from GV) it does not surprise me that i did not get the extras i was told i would get.

as for my RMA'ed Puffit.... it is sitting on a charger now, getting ready for me to test it later. i do NOT have high hopes for it to taste better. the reason being... i took a "dry pull" (a pull from the unit empty and not powered on) and i could still taste the silicone taste. whether it gets better after i power it on remains to be seen and if it gets better with multiple uses is also yet to be determined. i will be using it sometime today thats for sure so i will know later.

till then........

VisiblyVaped

well everyone should be glad they did not take me up on my bet. here is what was in the email from the GV rep BEFORE i did the RMA:

"As far as the shipping cost, please let me make it up to you by sending you out some accessories such as Got Vape Wipes, a poker, and a grinder."

well i opened my box just now and inside was my RMA'ed Puffit (more on this soon) and a clear envelope, the kind you put shipping labels in, that had some Vaprizing for your Heath brochures, a Got Vape sticker, and one pack of Got Vape Wipes. there was no poker and there was no grinder in the box. considering my experience with this company (the puffit was my only purchase ever from GV) it does not surprise me that i did not get the extras i was told i would get.

as for my RMA'ed Puffit.... it is sitting on a charger now, getting ready for me to test it later. i do NOT have high hopes for it to taste better. the reason being... i took a "dry pull" (a pull from the unit empty and not powered on) and i could still taste the silicone taste. whether it gets better after i power it on remains to be seen and if it gets better with multiple uses is also yet to be determined. i will be using it sometime today thats for sure so i will know later.

till then........
They're fucking up. Anyone, everyone, excuse my French.....but they're fucking up.
Somebody running the shipping is completely melted I assume, or its just monkeys on acid in there throwing shit in boxes.

They accidentally (Id assume) sent me my old unit back. Mmenzie, there's a chance the same occured with you considering most users with the new batches claim a much less noticeable taste/smell.

I'm not sure what to say, as I've been an avid supporter of GV almost excludively for my needs.....

I still attest that, before the Puffit release and the pre-order shambles, they were much better and clearly more organized as a business.

I'll inform everyone when my next unit arrives, probably next week. Maybe they'll throw in free stuff because of the mistakes.....but I doubt it.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

well everyone..... i am at work today and i checked the UPS tracking site and it says my RMA Puffit has been delivered. YAY!! i was hoping it would so i brought some meds with me today. i am going to the mailroom now to see if i can get it and get it on the charger. MAYBE... i will have time to get a test in and report back before i even leave work at 5:00pm today.

will report back later......

till then........

I received the same clear envelope pack.

I took out the one got vape wipe and trashed the brochures and stickers.

I think you and VisiblyVaped should do what i did.

Sell the Puffit and buy the Pax.

You will be both happy you did.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
INH and boob ok tease can be found on the INH thread for all you boobless guys who can't do it lol.

Dreamerr,

VisiblyVaped

I received the same clear envelope pack.

I took out the one got vape wipe and trashed the brochures and stickers.

Can't afford to drop another hundred something, assuming I got even close to retail selling the new one....

I'd go inhalater probably, as the pax is said to be somewhat restrictive, if i could.

VisiblyVaped,

OF

I still attest that, before the Puffit release and the pre-order shambles, they were much better and clearly more organized as a business.

Sorry to hear it's not back on track yet. As I've said, I consider the playing us for fools by having employees masquerade as objective customers is an unpardonable sin in my book. I held off, paid about $30 more and bought it from the maker in Hong Kong. I'm very happy with the unit itself, and can recommend it (within limits, it's not 'huge clouds' material IMO) and have the satisfaction of not rewarding such business practices. I'd rather pay less and get it faster of course, but it's my money to spend and I'm looking to by satisfaction (as I think most guys are really).

Don't condemn the product because of early production ('rubber smell') and distributor issues or you may miss a useful vape.

Makes some sense. I've never tried Pax, but it too seems to have a happy following. FWIW, I find little if any fault with the latest version I got and would not feel good dumping what I thought was sub standard gear on some other fool. I don't think that's what's going on with CSW of course, he reported '95% improvement' with the new unit, but selling a lemon car to an innocent has a karma attached to it that's not the sort of thing I want?

Good thoughts and good posts, IMO. My thanks to both posters.

OF

OF,

mmenzie

Can't afford to drop another hundred something, assuming I got even close to retail selling the new one....

I'd go inhalater probably, as the pax is said to be somewhat restrictive, if i could.

i agree with everything you say 100%!!! i would go with the INH over the PAX but i would have to sell the Puffit for as close to what i paid for it and still fork over another $160.00 or more that i do not have.

mmenzie,

Dreamerr

You have other vapes which are good ones so sell it unused to get full price. Maybe add a few extras you don't need to get some extra money. Then save till you make up the difference. You won't be vapeless and you will be buying the new improved INH or Pax by that time which can't be a bad thing.

Dreamerr,

Dreamerr

OF the new one might be ok but the other two vapes are far above. I do understand the stealth factor and the puffit is not out of my mind because of it but it needed improvements and maybe a lower price for what it is. You from what I remember have the MFLB which is cheaper and from what I understand better baring the battery issue. What do you actually think of the puffit compared to the other conduction in the same price range MFLB? What do you think of the silicone taste now? Is it totally fixed or just a new vape issue that will go away? Inquiring minds want to know.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

VisiblyVaped

I'm hoping the new unit is better, as OF pointed out I couldn't in good conscience sell what I know to be defective, or a p.o.s.
However, I can't say I have much faith. To be entirely honest, I'm disappointed in both companies.

GV should have gotten my order right, although accidents happen. More importantly, they just need to be a more reliable distributor overall.

And DiscreetVape, well, they should have done a more thorough testing of the original units, and definitely offered a replacement plan....even on a case by case basis for unsatisfied customers who preordered.
That DIY and void the warranty option was pure crap, period.

I have the mflb x pa, and a solo.....so Ill still vape on the go with or without this unit.

Edit: Though I dislike butane, If I sold the puffit I'd consider checking out the hammer.
I like the frugality and the designs not too shabby. Only be a $20-40 difference if I got 80-100 for the new unit...

OF

What do you actually think of the puffit compared to the other conduction in the same price range MFLB? What do you think of the silicone taste now? Is it totally fixed or just a new vape issue that will go away?

I like the LB, I actually own 3 (an original, a pretty walnut one and a 'user'), I like them all individually and collectively and did so before Puffit so I'm far from objective... But I like both for different reasons. IMO MFLB is a more personal tool. The user takes a very active role. Like driving a stick shift car. Puffit is more like being driven and riding in the back seat. Both have their place. One is modern in appearance and function, the other is fun and kind of a work of art. Then again, I also like Vapman, another conduction vape that gets little play in our modern world of instant gratification. Vapman and MFLB tend to bring out the little kid in me when I'm in the mood to sit and enjoy the process, Puffit is more for getting the business done. You have a LOT more control with MFLB and have PA and WP adapters to further it's usefulness.

Any of that make sense?

To be entirely honest, I'm disappointed in both companies.

And DiscreetVape, well, they should have done a more thorough testing of the original units, and definitely offered a replacement plan....even on a case by case basis for unsatisfied customers who preordered.
That DIY and void the warranty option was pure crap, period.

I understand what you say about DV, and to some point agree. I wasn't here for the first batch, but some at least seem to have been OK with the smell? For sure if there was a big issue with them all I'd have expected GV to have discovered it, wouldn't you? You could, I guess, argue that they didn't 'give any of the bad ones to their own employees' but that seems a little thin. All I can say for sure is the one I got is fine by me (very slight taste and smell that I now can't find) and I'm told the rubber parts got changed (as a result of complaints). While they have the lead in developing the fix, the burden of distribution I think falls to the Dealer you bought it from? That's where the contract is. It's also much more practical logistically not to ship to and from Hong Kong.

My understanding is the DIY kit is owner's call? I'm sure if you foul it up (easy enough to do, IMO, it's not so straightforward in there), I'm confident they'll take the 'basket case' and make it right......same as I'm sure your attempt won't void the warranty. Get real, it's a factory authorized repair/upgrade.

Not to be all defensive of DV but I do understand at least some of the issues they're up against. I'm kinda tickled Capitalists way over there take the risk on such innovative products for us to pick over. A lot of panic and misinformation can get mixed up on this here Internet. Personally I'm no so sure Al Gore really did us a favor inventing it, are you?

OF

Dreamerr

Nice write up OF. I am glad to hear it is fixed for the most part but that price for what it is needs to drop.

Dreamerr,

VisiblyVaped

I like the LB, I actually own 3 (an original, a pretty walnut one and a 'user'), I like them all individually and collectively and did so before Puffit so I'm far from objective... But I like both for different reasons. IMO MFLB is a more personal tool. The user takes a very active role. Like driving a stick shift car. Puffit is more like being driven and riding in the back seat. Both have their place. One is modern in appearance and function, the other is fun and kind of a work of art. Then again, I also like Vapman, another conduction vape that gets little play in our modern world of instant gratification. Vapman and MFLB tend to bring out the little kid in me when I'm in the mood to sit and enjoy the process, Puffit is more for getting the business done. You have a LOT more control with MFLB and have PA and WP adapters to further it's usefulness.

Any of that make sense?

I understand what you say about DV, and to some point agree. I wasn't here for the first batch, but some at least seem to have been OK with the smell? For sure if there was a big issue with them all I'd have expected GV to have discovered it, wouldn't you? You could, I guess, argue that they didn't 'give any of the bad ones to their own employees' but that seems a little thin. All I can say for sure is the one I got is fine by me (very slight taste and smell that I now can't find) and I'm told the rubber parts got changed (as a result of complaints). While they have the lead in developing the fix, the burden of distribution I think falls to the Dealer you bought it from? That's where the contract is. It's also much more practical logistically not to ship to and from Hong Kong.

My understanding is the DIY kit is owner's call? I'm sure if you foul it up (easy enough to do, IMO, it's not so straightforward in there), I'm confident they'll take the 'basket case' and make it right......same as I'm sure your attempt won't void the warranty. Get real, it's a factory authorized repair/upgrade.

Not to be all defensive of DV but I do understand at least some of the issues they're up against. I'm kinda tickled Capitalists way over there take the risk on such innovative products for us to pick over. A lot of panic and misinformation can get mixed up on this here Internet. Personally I'm no so sure Al Gore really did us a favor inventing it, are you?

OF
Although thus far they've done a piss poor job, the distributor is trying to make it right.
After emailing DV for a week, I was told if I ship to Hong Kong itll only be refurbished, and I was specifically told they could mail me parts, but if I screw it up in anyway it'll void the warranty.
I think I still have the email, straight from the manufacturer.

Far as taste/smell of first batch, its hard to believe no one at DV OR GV noticed it, if they tried any for personal use.....
To me it seems likely it was noticed but shipped anyways as there was already a delay.

My conspiracy theory there.....

VisiblyVaped,

OF

Nice write up OF. I am glad to hear it is fixed for the most part but that price for what it is needs to drop.

Thanks.

I agree, lower price would help a lot. It would no doubt raise volumes (which can of course also increase your supply of problems.....). Right now, I suspect we're kind of locked in as we have a 'soul source' bottleneck in distribution that's holding the price up. When more dealers can get them direct and marketing through Amazon and similar channels opens up that will no doubt improve. Capitalism works well that way, some say the 'free market' is the ultimate goal as consumers see it. I like the 'value added reseller' idea myself.

Time will tell, until then I'm glad I can afford mine, and glad for the opportunity to try it. Even at increased price. Neat little gadget in it's own right don'cha think?

After emailing DV for a week, I was told if I ship to Hong Kong itll only be refurbished, and I was specifically told they could mail me parts, but if I screw it up in anyway it'll void the warranty.
I think I still have the email, straight from the manufacturer.

If that's the case, and I've no reason to think otherwise, it's a mistake IMO. You should either trust your customers or not send the parts. Of course they never asked my opinion......

Under those conditions I'd opt for DIY every time. I've poked around inside mine, I'm not afraid of it (and am willing to stand the cost if I goof it up somehow). I would, however, probably recommend sending it in to the general owner.

Thanks for the additional info.

OF

OF,

mmenzie

Hello again all..... so i got to give my RMA'ed PuffiT it's first test on my lunch break. so i loosely packed .25g in it. i ground it up with a grinder first and then did a lil finger grind per the suggestion of "OF". i pressed the top cap to initiate the heat. i then placed it near my ear and i could hear the sizzle and cracking like the meds were actually "cooking". i watched the light blink red then turn green, then orange, and back to red and i never took a pull. i then pressed it again and waited for the green. this time i took a slow draw, drawing in the air from my lungs and not my mouth. held it for a second and then exhaled.... small almost un-noticeable, wispy cloud that i barely could see. i shook the unit and pressed the cap again and repeated the process. again very small cloud that i could barely see. after doing this like 3 or 4 more times, i opened the cap and poured the contents on a folded business card. the ABV was starting to turn golden-brownish in color but still i could see hints of green. i finger broke it up some more and got even finer than before i started and put it back in the chamber and lightly tapped it down. i pressed the cap and waited for the green light and took another slow steady pull. this time i exhaled and could see a much more visible cloud but still not a huge cloud... but definitely this one i could see. i shook it and repeated and i got one or two more clouds like that one then it went back to the hard to see ones. when done i emptied the chamber and the ABV was an even light brown color and i was medicated for sure.

so after the intial test what can i say??? well...
1) the silicone taste was till there but i will say not as bad as it was but the after taste of most of my pulls tasted like a "heated snorkel" there is a slight chance i believe this may go away

2) I could NOT taste my blend again, which to me is a big disappointment, one of the biggest to me. I will hold out hope that this MAY change. I was using the unit on 8 right off the bat... perhaps lowering to 4, 5, or 6 first may allow the taste to come through. i will test that theory later when i get home and have access to my stash. It may also be my meds are not as strong tasting although i can taste my current stash when using my buddha or my solo. since this is not an MMJ state i can't "shop" for flavorful meds.. i get what i can get.

3) i have not used the unit enough to comment on the battery or the battery indicator which was useless in my last unit.

4) i am almost positive to like 98% that this NOT my original unit that they just sent back to me

i will still need to run more test to see if the flavor of my meds ever come through and to see if the silicone taste ever truely dissipates. i am thinking positive and not giving up hope. I am not worried about the "cloud" issue. i don't care if i can see clouds or not, as long as i get medicated in the end. i only note what i am seeing for the "cloud chasers" out there. well.... back to work till i can get home and run some more tests on this thing more to come........

mmenzie,

OF

1) the silicone taste was till there but i will say not as bad as it was but the after taste of most of my pulls tasted like a "heated snorkel" there is a slight chance i believe this may go away

2) I could NOT taste my blend again, which to me is a big disappointment, one of the biggest to me. I will hold out hope that this MAY change. I was using the unit on 8 right off the bat... perhaps lowering to 4, 5, or 6 first may allow the taste to come through. i will test that theory later when i get home and have access to my stash. It may also be my meds are not as strong tasting although i can taste my current stash when using my buddha or my solo. since this is not an MMJ state i can't "shop" for flavorful meds.. i get what i can get.

Glad to hear you've got (at least some) improvement. I found the (IMO minor) taste of rubber disappeared very quickly. Good luck there.

I've never heard mine 'sizzle', how moist is your herb? Sizzle sounds like water to me, THC should evaporate off in an orderly manner......

Sorry about the taste, but for sure higher temps will mask some of that. I think I'm running mine about 6.5 or 7 right now. I get good flavor for several hits (much like with MFLB), but as you say it may be strong flavor to start with. The stuff that gives us flavor doesn't get us high and comes off at lower temperatures.

Good luck with the testing.

OF

OF,

VisiblyVaped

mmenzie - I look forward to seeing if your taste dissipates in the next week.
How improved was it? I have flavorful meds and still couldn't taste it because of the snorkel taste being so overpowering......

OF- when did you get one? You don't have a taste issue anymore at all?

VisiblyVaped,

mmenzie

mmenzie - I look forward to seeing if your taste dissipates in the next week.
How improved was it? I have flavorful meds and still couldn't taste it because of the snorkel taste being so overpowering......

OF- when did you get one? You don't have a taste issue anymore at all?

i'll let you know more as i test more thats for sure. right now me, da buddha, and ZOB are having a nice time :science:

mmenzie,
Top Bottom