PUFFiT portable

OF

OF- when did you get one? You don't have a taste issue anymore at all?

I'm not exactly sure, maybe 8 or 10 bowls ago? Maybe less? No 'issue' with taste really. Bowl before last I checked carefully and though I could taste it in the first few hits, but that changed with the last bowl as I changed strains and that seems to have been the taste?

Taste is, of course, a highly subjective and personal thing. Some (few) people actually like broccoli I'm told? And there's lots of folks who claim I have no taste at all.....and think they can point to examples.

While not perfect, I've no issues. It also smells a bit, like Iolite, but to me that's not a big deal either.

OF

OF,

OF

A couple of other thoughts on the Puffit or MFLB question. I was just enjoying my Puffit; about the time I got the bowl going well the battery died. I thought it was the second bowl, but I guess it could be the third? In any event, it's dead for a while (I can't seem to run it 'plugged in'?). With MFLB, of course, I'd swap the battery and press on.

It also took several minutes to get it rolling well. 3 or 4 cycles. MFLB, OTOH will give a solid hit in a few seconds from cold once you're practiced. You can have it out, get a few 'top up hits', and back into your pocket before the light on Puffit stops flashing the first time.

If you're often in a hurry, or would be using it in a situation where un planned for stoppages would be 'deal breakers', this seems to favor MFLB as I see it.

Better still is just to buy both and decide for yourself of course.

OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
You just stated what I have been saying all along. Whether you like it or hate it the MFLB is the only vape that is a fast one hitter to top off. I hope that in time maybe years ugh we can get really good vapes that can do the same. I have no idea how they can do that without burning the load like most other vapes do to an extent some more then others but MFLB found a way so I will assume someone or even them will come up with a new way.

Dreamerr,

bigtvapes

I've been playing with mine lately and once I get it going I'm having some nice sessions with it. I gotta double-heat the first few hits, but I've been getting some fun little sessions with this bad boy as of late.

I no longer use it for quick "one hit" situations. It's a waste and quite frankly I don't really require that many "one hit" situations anyway, if ever. I've been using it instead to take a quick herbal break where I can enjoy a short session. I'm finding that the battery life is perfect for two nice sessions for myself. The key, I find, is once I double tap the first few hits, I just gotta keep going with it for a few minutes. Keep hitting it as soon as I can. I find it hits harder and works better this way, and seems less demanding on the battery.

OF

Whether you like it or hate it the MFLB is the only vape that is a fast one hitter to top off.

I don't think I really agree it's the only fast 'one hit' vape out there. Right off the bat, I own and use VG, Vapman, Palm for bud and all manner of Omicron vape pens and Revolution/DART with concentrates in that same time same frame. Puffit is slower, as are the other portables I can think of off hand that also use more massive structures that take more time and power to get to working temperature.

OTOH, Puffit also holds twice as much, making single loadings possible for some when that not an option with MFLB. This not only covers the 'I'm really using this to get started, not just top up' bunch as well as the 'it's going to be a long round of golf' and the 'and most of my lightwieght partners are going to want to hit it too' bunch. Some of those guys will also tend to get caught in the 'not enough battery to make it to the 19th hole' trap, of course which brings us back to MFLB again.

Like I said, 'buy both'.

OF

Dreamerr

I wasn't talking about concentrates since I don't know anything about them nor do I have access to them. Isn't the vapegenie used with a lighter...that is something I hate but that is me. Lighters and I do not get along lol. I said this on another thread as I have seen others say it as well, this site is dangerous to your wallet. I was satisfied with my pipe but then got the mflb and well the shit hit the fan.

BTW OF you will be proud I think. I stopped combusting since I got the INH. Last week I took a hit on my pipe and it was gross. I will say I can't judge by that since it was stuff sitting in the bowl partly smoked but I was still surprised. I am going to try again since I think it does give me different effects but the only way I will know is to try. I believe according to a post you made a month ago I am off combusting long enough to see the difference.

Dreamerr,

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
You just stated what I have been saying all along. Whether you like it or hate it the MFLB is the only vape that is a fast one hitter to top off. I hope that in time maybe years ugh we can get really good vapes that can do the same. I have no idea how they can do that without burning the load like most other vapes do to an extent some more then others but MFLB found a way so I will assume someone or even them will come up with a new way.
The inhalater does a good job on the lower settings. Just my :2c:

deadc0ffee,

Dreamerr

Yea I was going to bring that point to the INH thread. You can also just put a small amount in the capsule and it works well. I don't even mind the less then a min heating time cause about time I get out of my car and loaded in my wheelchair it is heated. I still like that MFLB quickness and the one that the puffit has as well but seems from reading not as fast as the LB.

Dreamerr,

VisiblyVaped

Not too many new people interested in the puffit it seems.
The last like ten pages, at least, is just us same consistent posters....
Strange....

Did we kill it?

VisiblyVaped,

Dreamerr

It is selling fine it just isn't here and either is the manufacturer which seems to make a difference at FC for good reason. Some get a pass like ploom for different reasons but as you can tell from that thread it appears they do read it cause they are making improvements. They get play on FB.

Dreamerr,

dopefiend

Thought you guys might be interested in my review of the PUFFiT on my latest podcast:

New Today from the Dopefiend.co.uk Podcast Network:

On this week's episode of the Web's Favourite Cannabis Podcast, the Dopefiend talks more about his recent visit to Europe's new cannabis capital, Barcelona, and Barcelona resident Gordon Green emails with his insider's view of the city's growing weed scene. Next, the Dopefiend takes an in-depth look at the new PuffIt Vaporizer, which is cleverly disguised as an asthma inhaler. The Dopefiend takes this new portable device out to Panorama Park to put it to the test, before inviting DopeTribe All-Stars Max Freakout and Nez to take a closer look at it, before getting the inside scoop on its features and the story behind its development from its creator, Andrew Miller. Following a musical interlude from Irish DopeTribers The Radioactive Grandma, Homer the Stoner brings us his commentary on the news that the popularity of high-strength cannabis has led to an increase in gun crime, how a former user's life was almost ruined by cannabis, how cannabis can help sufferers of epilepsy, the latest antics of CLEAR leader Peter Reynolds, and Lady Gaga reveals her love of cannabis.

Download this episode here

And check out all of our fine free stoner-friendly podcasts here

bigtvapes

I used to listen to you Dopefiend!! I couldn't find you on the Zune marketplace so I'd given up hope. This is awesome I can listen again!

IMO, Dopefiend's podcast was groundbreaking. His flow is inimitable and he had a great technical sound when everyone else sounded like garbage.

I thought the review of the Puffit was interesting. Dopefiend feels like you'd be safe being searched with this thing. I think you'd want to avoid that at all costs. Any cop worth his weight in salt will check the med canister of an inhaler he finds on a suspect. At least in the states, they're going to write down what the med was and if the suspect could provide an up-to-date prescription. And if you're being arrested they're taking it and processing it like anything else in your pockets so you def want to avoid that.

Also, mine's black. And it's huge (giggity). At a distance, no one would notice or care, but up close it's obviously different than an inhaler so I'd still be trying to avoid being searched in the first place :-)

I also don't believe it really hits over 400 degrees F. It says it does, but I don't believe it does because that would effectively cook my materials, and I've never had cooked materials come out of this thing ever, even on full settings when I'm double tapping it. One of my favorite features of this device is the golden, never overdone ABV. My DBV leaves me dark, coffee brown ABV so it's a stark contrast and immediately noticeable.

I liked the review though, interestingly done as he just talked about it as he used it.

bigtvapes,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I used to listen to you Dopefiend!! I couldn't find you on the Zune marketplace so I'd given up hope. This is awesome!

IMO, Doepfiend's podcast was groundbreaking. His flow is inimitable and he had a great technical sound when everyone else sounded like garbage.

lol note to self : google search ;)

m0sh,

bigtvapes

I never said I explored all options :-) One of those things where I had an ipod, trashed it, then when I got my Zune (which is horrible btw dont buy one it's an overpriced, average device with absolutely terrible software) I looked for a few old podcasts, was sad I couldn't find Dopefiend, and moved on with my life and kind of forgot about it. Happens.

Always liked the show though and now that I saw he posted here I can stray up to date all over again :-)

bigtvapes,

max

Out to lunch
bigtvapes said:
My DBV leaves me dark, coffee brown ABV so it's a stark contrast and immediately noticeable.
Your ABV is dark because of your temp setting, obviously. It can go much hotter than a Puffit, so that's an apples and oranges comparison.

max,
Reactions: OF

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
One of my favorite features of this device is the golden, never overdone ABV. My DBV leaves me dark, coffee brown ABV so it's a stark contrast and immediately noticeable.

Some of us need the ABV to reach that dark chocolate/espresso color in order to extract the most CBD and other high temp active ingredients. Golden brown ABV does not provide a satisfied level of medicated for me. Personally, I need the high temp vapor for my medical needs. That is why after I use this device I always feel unsatisfied and reach for another vaporizer that can extract more actives.

OF

I also don't believe it really hits over 400 degrees F. It says it does, but I don't believe it does because that would effectively cook my materials, and I've never had cooked materials come out of this thing ever, even on full settings when I'm double tapping it. One of my favorite features of this device is the golden, never overdone ABV. My DBV leaves me dark, coffee brown ABV so it's a stark contrast and immediately noticeable.

Personally, I need the high temp vapor for my medical needs. That is why after I use this device I always feel unsatisfied and reach for another vaporizer that can extract more actives.

Ironically, the very 'feature' one owner finds one of his "favorite features of this device" is exactly the same one another finds a deal breaker......

Just shows to go ya that there is no such thing as the 'perfect vape' I guess? Mae West may not have been a partaker (then again.....) but when she famously said "you pays your money and takes your choice" she seems to have hit it out of the park!

IMO informed consumer choices are the clear call. Lucky we have so many useful options.....and good folks sharing their experiences and views to help out.

OF

Dreamerr

Ironically, the very 'feature' one owner finds one of his "favorite features of this device" is exactly the same one another finds a deal breaker......

Just shows to go ya that there is no such thing as the 'perfect vape' I guess? Mae West may not have been a partaker (then again.....) but when she famously said "you pays your money and takes your choice" she seems to have hit it out of the park!

IMO informed consumer choices are the clear call. Lucky we have so many useful options.....and good folks sharing their experiences and views to help out.

OF

Exactly...even though some like some vapes and some like others it is all for personal reasons. The thing that is great about this site is we can all express why or why not we like or don't like a certain vape. The issue I have is some people just stick up for a vape because it is there favorite and can't understand why someone else wouldn't. I love the INH but I can see why many would hate it. I like the DV but the lid is a huge issue and a deal breaker for a lot of people. I think respecting what others opinions are is huge but for some it goes over there head.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

bigtvapes

Your ABV is dark because of your temp setting, obviously. It can go much hotter than a Puffit, so that's an apples and oranges comparison.

I'm aware of why my ABV is darker from one versus the other. I'm also aware the DBV gets hotter, hence why if you re-read that line in context, I think you'll find my point wasn't to compare them, my point was to illustrate what you just said here.

The Puffit claims to reach temps over 400 degrees F, same as DBV. But DBV obviously cooks the stuff whereas the Puffit just leaves it nice and toasted, making me a bit suspect of the Puffit's claims of how hot it gets. In the end it doesn't matter because I like my Puffit's ABV. I like my puffit and the feeling I get from it. It took me A WHILE to get it working to where I wanted. After all the tinkering to get it hot as possible, i NEVER get cooked up ABV. It's always delicious looking, golden, and toasted just enough. If you're reusing ABV, I can't tell you how awesome it is to be nice and medicated and to look at all the yummy looking ABV that YOU JUST VAPED and realize there's so much that can still be done with this. I had been collecting all my ABV together, but I'm keeping them separate now because there's such a difference in quality.

bigtvapes,

OF

The Puffit claims to reach temps over 400 degrees F, same as DBV. But DBV obviously cooks the stuff whereas the Puffit just leaves it nice and toasted, making me a bit suspect of the Puffit's claims of how hot it gets. In the end it doesn't matter because I like my Puffit's ABV.

I'm not so sure there's any real issue with claims, I bet it does make 400 F on the surface of the walls. Being a conduction vape, by the rules of thermodynamics everything else (and that would of course include our load....) is lower in temperature than that.

Convection vapes, especially those with huge stores of heat and ability to deliver 'unlimited volumes' of correctly heated air, aren't going to be subject to the same restraints. Drawing on the conduction vape cools the load, but with convection is warms it. Big differences. The key is learning to deal with this to get the results you want.

I agree, in the end, good effect and the ABV you want is the goal. The numbers associated with that aren't really important against the results.

Sort of like the metric system.........

OF

bigtvapes

Makes sense. I wasn't factoring in the various ways heat is delivered between vapes.

That's why I love this board. So many intelligent people saying things respectfully.

bigtvapes,
Reactions: Dogman

Dreamerr

Makes sense. I wasn't factoring in the various ways heat is delivered between vapes.

That's why I love this board. So many intelligent people saying things respectfully.

I second all the intelligent people. I have learned so much about stuff I had no idea about...well still don't really but kind of an understanding.

Dreamerr,

OF

Gentle Readers,

After entirely too much thinking about it, I made good on my threat to add a window in the mouthpiece sleeve so you can charge it with this piece still on. It still covers the dial, but I no longer have to remove it 'every time I turn around'. It's enough of a PITA to get it off to top up the battery that I try to stretch it too far and have it die mid session.

Anyway, it's easier than I thought in the end. After messing with a scribe, considering drilling and filing I took the easy way out with my Swiss Army Knife's smallest blade. The material is soft and slices easily and cleanly. All you need to do is poke the tip through just inside the metal shell and run the knife blade along the inside edge of the metal to the corner. Do this in both directions on both long sides. Two similar stabs cuts the ends free. A little bit of clean up with the knife tip and I had a neat trapezoidal hole cut that just passes the charging plug.

Takes longer to read about it than to do it. If you goof it up, you have a couple of spares, but I really can't see how you could make too big a mess of it.

Another mod I did before this was to cut a shallow notch in the back edge at about 5 o'clock as seen from the front. It's a bit over 1/16 deep and maybe half an inch long. Just enough to catch with your thumbnail to help pry it loose. Next I'm thinking of shaving the locking rib off the inside just above this (between it and the dial), I don't think it has to hold on like grim death to do it's job.

Anyway, next time you're fighting that cover sleeve off so you can charge, think about it. It's easy and fixes that little annoyance. Now, if I can only keep from drooling in the hole......

OF

OF,

Dreamerr

OF to the rescue. I was so surprised that nobody had tried that. I am glad it worked. I hope DV reads it and makes the mouth piece that way in the future.:clap:

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom