PUFFiT portable

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Chill on the vape a little more before posting this kinda stuff, Maxs made it clear that he wasn't happy with his experience.

Maxs is a lady, and while it's clear daHongsta could have benefited from a smiley, you should leave moderating to the mods. ;)

pakalolo,

Maxs

n00b. But friendly!
I ordered, e-mailed GV some questions after they sent me an email about an order problem, and got the same email in response to my questions. Do they respond to emails?
I emailed them to cancel the order on the evening of 7/11, and heard back from them on the afternoon of 7/13. So yes, they answer, just not super fast. I expect they're really swamped right now - some people on this thread seem to have had good luck with the Live Chat support, though.

Maxs,

daHongsta

Dude hold up! Why am I a "GV mole"?:uhoh: I cancelled my order 2 weeks ago and I'm never ordering from them again! I was trying to be polite in my last post, so maybe it wasn't clear: I am anything BUT endorsing GV. And I don't pretend to speak for Ontariovapes, but he says he's also ordered a Pax, which isn't even available from GV. I don't think he's a mole; he's just expressing his opinion like we all are.

A lot of us are enormously frustrated with this whole mess, but we all want the same thing. I am not a mole! If anything I'm a koala, hiiiiiiiiigh on eucalyptus ;)

Sorry dude. I updated my previous post and retracted. I like to skip to the end sometimes. My bad.

Let's make delicious vapor-y clouds, not war! :rockon:

I hope your order ships soon, man.
:peace:

You guys are right. I take all that mole crap back. Just very anxious.

I live in an apt building and there have been complaints. I've already spent lots of money on air purifiers and crap to help. And I refuse to be forced to smoke out of a sploof - I'm a grown-ass man paying 2 grand a month to live here. I shouldnt have to resort to dorm room antics. At the same time, I want to try to be a good neighbor.

Sorry to you both. I'll make sure to take the time to read through the posts befor jumping to conclusions (and yes, let the mods do their job).

llama1892

Aaron Rodgers Afficianado
The wait is killing me, as I am sure it is killing ALLLLLLLLL OF US. :horse:
But as far as being discreet, I plan on bringing this bad boy to my dorm this upcoming school year, (which is why I am becoming impatient...starts beginning of august)

What do you guys think as far as stealth and being able to hide it/pass it off as an inhaler if someone happens to search my dorm? (please don't search my dorm to start with :brow:)

llama1892,

BoxofRock

as in dumb as
As long as the sorries are going around I didnt mean to offend on the handfull and the degas thang.
I was just trying to lighten the mood.

And my warning on the degas. If you are sensitive to such tastes loan it out for a week. As much as I was warned it still is strong (4 fills)

Many comments were made that it will go away and I believe them - dogman, I am looking at you ya straight up guy<g>

My recomendation is to buy one

BoxofRock,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The wait is killing me, as I am sure it is killing ALLLLLLLLL OF US. :horse:
But as far as being discreet, I plan on bringing this bad boy to my dorm this upcoming school year, (which is why I am becoming impatient...starts beginning of august)

What do you guys think as far as stealth and being able to hide it/pass it off as an inhaler if someone happens to search my dorm? (please don't search my dorm to start with :brow:)

If it's a search, you're already screwed. They'll find your stash. It should easily pass the casual glance test, though.

pakalolo,

Maxs

n00b. But friendly!
You guys are right. I take all that mole crap back. Just very anxious.

I live in an apt building and there have been complaints. I've already spent lots of money on air purifiers and crap to help. And I refuse to be forced to smoke out of a sploof - I'm a grown-ass man paying 2 grand a month to live here. I shouldnt have to resort to dorm room antics. At the same time, I want to try to be a good neighbor.

Sorry to you both. I'll make sure to take the time to read through the posts befor jumping to conclusions (and yes, let the mods do their job).
No harm no foul, tensions are just running high on this thread :tup:

I live in an apt building too, and while there haven't been any complaints yet, I feel sure there would be if I was ever bold enough to smoke/vape anywhere other than the bathroom with the fan on high. And yeah, as a grown woman, having to do that feels REALLY pathetic. If you find a better/more dignified solution that works for you, PLEASE share it with us :)

And good luck with the whole Puffit situation - once you have it, let us know if it was worth the looooooooong wait!
:peace:

Maxs,

llama1892

If it's a search, you're already screwed. They'll find your stash. It should easily pass the casual glance test, though.

Yeah I am mostly worried about an occasional pop in I guess? I don't really know and am gonna have to wait and see what my RA is all about and judge the situation..

The other thing is I have a disease and will be taking a lot of medications and medical devices with me... So I am pretty confident that I can disguise it as that? What do you guys think?
Also any suggestions on where to hide my actual stash? I have some ideas but would like some backup :cool:

llama1892,

Ontariovapes

Hi again Maxs. Charging when ordered is more the norm than charging when shipped which I've only had with Amazon. They certainly have pockets to afford it. Just to be upfront I was charged for my Pax on the day if ordering as well. I'm certainly not defending GV but rather, am indicating my personal experience in order to present unbiased information to he membership. I defend your right to give a bad review if that was your experience. I haven't lived in a college dorm in forty- five years so it is hard for me to understand all of this impatience, but I have worked in customer service, and I know that the squeaky wheel gets moved to the bottom of the list. I think that the speed of your refund indicates that they did provide you with good service. When you call you never know if you're speaking to customer service reps or the lunchroom ladies. One member was pissed because he wasn't even asked for his order number. In that case he should have asked to speak to the supervisor instead of hanging up and writing a bad review. I'm not scolding anyone, just stating that there are effective ways of getting results and those that don't help you so much. As far as finding that poop, if it makes the members feel better to fling it at me, then that's fine. I'll just put it in my vape and inhale while you sit on hold with GV and whine .

Ontariovapes,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Maxs is a lady, and while it's clear daHongsta could have benefited from a smiley, you should leave moderating to the mods. ;)
Ah, well, I help mod a site with an average of 30k users online at any given time, we've had a field day today with a few boards... sometimes it carries over... you know how it is :rolleyes:

Edit: Sorry Maxs for the gender confusion :doh:

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Maxs

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Yeah I am mostly worried about an occasional pop in I guess? I don't really know and am gonna have to wait and see what my RA is all about and judge the situation..

The other thing is I have a disease and will be taking a lot of medications and medical devices with me... So I am pretty confident that I can disguise it as that? What do you guys think?
Also any suggestions on where to hide my actual stash? I have some ideas but would like some backup :cool:

Okay, now I have to point you to the rules, specifically this:

This forum is for mature adults only. We don’t want to hear about you needing to hide things from your parents.

I know you're not talking about your parents here, but you can extrapolate.

pakalolo,
Reactions: OF

llama1892

Okay, now I have to point you to the rules, specifically this:

This forum is for mature adults only. We don’t want to hear about you needing to hide things from your parents.

I know you're not talking about your parents here, but you can extrapolate.

My apologies, if you can't tell I am new. Thank you for letting me know haha

llama1892,
Reactions: OF
I ordered on July sixth and still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation. I sent an email Tuesday when I saw on this forum that people who had ordered after me had gotten shipping notification, I didn't have a response by this afternoon so I called GV customer service. I got a guy on the line(really nice) who told me the units arrived in their California facility first and those started shipping right away. They sent a bunch to their NJ facility and those started shipping out today. He told me mine should go out tomorrow for sure and that he would call the warehouse to make sure. We'll see..

Pakalolo Phoenix,
Reactions: llama1892
Hey everyone,
i've been lurking on this thread for a while but i didn't have anything to say until now. i received my puffit moday afternoon(ordered 6/19). I had actually intended for it to be my first vaporizer but when i saw it would be a longer wait i went and bought a cheap one from a local shop.

But now it's here and for the past two days i haven't been able to get much out of it. I've tried different heat settings and packs/grinds but it's mostly just hot air with a very small amount of vapor. I'm willing to believe i'm doing something wrong that's obvious, but i've watched the videos and read the instructions. I do recall seeing something about a defective unit much earlier in this thread but that seemed to be a different issue. Also my battery indicator doesn't seem to be functioning correctly either, it reads green every time. Does anyone have a suggestions?

I'd also like to bring up that while the puffit design feels nice in your hand, it also tends to fall over when you place it on your desk! it doesn't not like to stand up on it's own, haha

edit: i'm not getting any plastic taste either, but i do know the air is hot cause my teeth are warm!

naptimeplease,

VisiblyVaped

Hey everyone,
i've been lurking on this thread for a while but i didn't have anything to say until now. i received my puffit moday afternoon(ordered 6/19). I had actually intended for it to be my first vaporizer but when i saw it would be a longer wait i went and bought a cheap one from a local shop.

But now it's here and for the past two days i haven't been able to get much out of it. I've tried different heat settings and packs/grinds but it's mostly just hot air with a very small amount of vapor. I'm willing to believe i'm doing something wrong that's obvious, but i've watched the videos and read the instructions. I do recall seeing something about a defective unit much earlier in this thread but that seemed to be a different issue. Also my battery indicator doesn't seem to be functioning correctly either, it reads green every time. Does anyone have a suggestions?

I'd also like to bring up that while the puffit design feels nice in your hand, it also tends to fall over when you place it on your desk! it doesn't not like to stand up on it's own, haha

edit: i'm not getting any plastic taste either, but i do know the air is hot cause my teeth are warm!

My understanding is its not as much of a "cloud producer" as it is just a stealthy vape(I like clouds myself but eh well).....and I bet it has a learning curve.

However, ill never know if GV doesn't ship tomorrow, its getting ridiculous

VisiblyVaped,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I have a question and didn't see that it was against the rules so here I go. Do you think you can just put this on your carry on when flying? I was concerned about the fact that there is an electronic/heating element that would show up on the scanner in an inhaler. What do you think?

Dreamerr,

VisiblyVaped

I have a question and didn't see that it was against the rules so here I go. Do you think you can just put this on your carry on when flying? I was concerned about the fact that there is an electronic/heating element that would show up on the scanner in an inhaler. What do you think?
Depends if you can clean it of all residue i bet...

VisiblyVaped,

Dreamerr

Well they don't have drug dogs at scanning line but sure it will be clean enough. I was always wondering if bringing those herbs people use will be a good or bad idea and if they see it just say I vape herbs. I don't even know where to get them or what they are used for but maybe should try them.

Dreamerr,

OF

But now it's here and for the past two days i haven't been able to get much out of it.

I do recall seeing something about a defective unit much earlier in this thread but that seemed to be a different issue. Also my battery indicator doesn't seem to be functioning correctly either, it reads green every time. Does anyone have a suggestions?

Howdy, welcome to the Forum. If you've been lurking about there's no need to tell you good folks abound here.

As has been said, this is not a huge 'cloud' producer, but folks seem to get useful performance from it once they sort it out. Stick with it, these things often take a while getting to know and understand. Chances of a bad unit out of the box are IMO slight. Even open loop systems like MFLB often get the blame for new owner's inability to get the vapor they want. 'Maybe I have one of the XXX ones' is, I think, an all too common refrain. A good first assumption is it's a learning deal.....OTOH LEDs that don't behave 'right' aren't very subjective..... Keep at it.

As to the 'not able to stand up' part, maybe it's working better than you think, only the unit is getting loaded, not you?

I think you can count on an opportunity to discuss it with the authorities. They're sure to find the electronics where it doesn't belong and want to look for the explosives they're sure to 'know' are there. It's exactly what they're trained to look for. I'd be sure everything else is on the up and up.

OF

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Hey everyone,

Hi, try filling the Puffit all the way and then packing the blend down. I like a big first hit so i take the mouthpiece cap off , push the top in till it flashes red and then wait till it turns green then wait until it turns solid red and do another cycle until its green again and then take my hit. I keep mine set at almost 7. Don't focus on how much vapor you're producing, just hold your hits in. Everyone is getting medicated off this unit. Don't worry that you can't stand it up, a packed bowl stays packed.

VaporsVaporizer,
Reactions: Dogman

Dreamerr

Oh sir OF that is not what I wanted to hear. I thought they were stupider then that.

Dreamerr,

OF

Oh sir OF that is not what I wanted to hear. I thought they were stupider then that.

Sorry, my personal experience (and this was a long time back, before shoe bombs and the like) was to have my bag pulled apart because I had a small package of loose electronics parts and a bit of wire in my carry on. I was on my way overseas on a service call. They showed me the x-ray and pointed to the very dark 'suspicious stuff' in the corner when they told me to open it and show them. Think about what a bomb trigger looks like on x-ray.......

Great study in human nature, by that time there were several guys involved, a different one insisted on searching the rest of the carefully packed bag. I guess they see no reason not to and 'job security' in doing so?

OF

Edit: Let me restate that last bit to be sure the connection is made. I see a very real risk of catching their attention with 'looks like a bomb'. Once that question is raised, it will escalate things so that 'it's only some drug thing' is not going to get you waved though I fear. Hosing your for that is a good face saving move, and also seen as good on a guy's review? Remember, even with a card, this is a Federal beef, no 'get out of jail free cards' allowed.....if they choose to.

Chances are good if you're holding, they'll find it (they look everywhere when they're interested), they have the time..... I suggest a different plan. Check it at the very least. OF

OF,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
not sure is this info is useful or not but..... GV is on facebook and they posted a pic of the PuffIT. I don't particularly care for GV (especially the way my order is being handled) , but i "liked" them anyway (you have to like them if you want to be able to post), and let it be known that the wait time is a very long wait. I did not go into details of my particular order as to not make them look really bad (even though i wanted to). so just an FYI in case anyone else wants to express how they feel.

mmenzie,
Top Bottom