1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

PLENTY Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by dopefiend, Dec 2, 2011.

1. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

That ABV looks well spent, I suppose you were too! I sometimes put a bit of the ABV straight into a vapcap and stick it in the induction heater just to see if there is anything left, conclusion: a bit of crappy tasting wispy vapor at best, so all good. That extra 20 degrees might be more marketing orientated than actual(they might have moved where the temp probe is?)

2. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I did also!
    Glad to see you @ChooChooCharlie

3. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Really been getting down with the Plenty lately. Load the capsules with different strains for roulette style bowlage and play name that strain.
    Such effortless power this unit has. :whoa:

[​IMG]

ataxian, LesPlenty, elmomuzz and 8 others like this.
  4. BiPolarBear

BiPolarBear Active Member

Storz fanboy here but never tried one of these yet. Really curious.

ataxian, LesPlenty, arb and 2 others like this.
  5. LesPlenty

Quite an under-rated vape, the best way to enjoy a gram at once, lasts me about a movie, no pausing to repack. It is also as reliable as a hammer and can hit like one too.(especially with a WPA):tup:

ataxian, justcametomind, arb and 3 others like this.
  6. BiPolarBear

BiPolarBear Active Member

ok so its great for ripping larger loads. lol Used to .25 in the Mighty. WOW. My problem is that I can't do it indoors.

ataxian, arb, LesPlenty and 1 other person like this.
  7. sd401k

sd401k Member

Get the reducing chamber, I use that with a small screen on top of a quite small load and still get ripped. Maybe using .15, get around 5 big hits, and 5 more that taper off a bit. End up in nice shape.

ataxian, ejackyou, arb and 2 others like this.
  8. LesPlenty

I have used my reducer with and without dosing caps, while OK other vapes are much better at micro-dosing. If you have other vapes to micro-dose with, save your money and use the Plenty as the engineers first designed it to be used, with plenty in the chamber.:tup:

ataxian, arb, Old Toker and 2 others like this.
  9. Old Toker

Old Toker Member

:tup: Solid advice. Use the correct tool for the job. No sense in using a sledge hammer to drive tacks. IMHO...this is a vape sledge hammer. There are vapes that are better at conserving your herb supply....BUT...when used fully loaded....there aren't any (many?) that will give you the quality and extended enjoyment of The Plenty. Best of both worlds would (IMHO) be to have BOTH a portable and a Plenty.

ataxian, Diggy Smalls, arb and 3 others like this.
  10. Some-new-user

Some-new-user Well-Known Member

Very well said @Old Toker @LesPlenty
    This is partly why I called the plenty a 'weed guzzer' I just prefer it with a full load and the big chamber where I can happily sit and have a nice long session. I say I have to be mentally prepared for this cause I know it's blast off this way. Yes the plenty does do small loads but I personally prefer to use other ways to extract those.

11. Used2use

Used2use Sometimes to stupid to become a fool

Well imo it depends on the quality - with weak weed even the large chamber can be small, with high grade hash the reducer can be plenty...(the reducer really became my fav for hash, super terpy tasty)
    With some strains i get max a 10 min session out of 1g, that would't be worh the effort in most other vapes with smaller chamber :D

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  12. Old Toker

Old Toker Member

Brother.... the day I fully load The Plenty's chamber and it seems small because of the quality of my herb....is the day THAT herb is sent to the butter machine and I purchase/grow some serious replacement weed. Might actually have to consider taking a break from using to get my tolerance down. Nahhhhh......forget the last part. Owning a Plenty means never having to say "I'm taking a break".:myday:

13. ejackyou

ejackyou Hamilton

Absolutely love My 'Plenty', any serious vaporist should own one,
    Extracts the max from Your load, not fussy on grind
    Also, with the Reducer, and the use of 'Mighty' Drip Pads,
    You can fine tune Your experience any way You like!
    Love it's simplicity and analog design, easy to maintain and very little to go wrong.
    Performance of the 'Volcano' without the price!

14. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I love a full load... you can not beat the flavor of convection vaping, as hot air rushes past a large load... a gram or even a bit more!

15. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I love da PLENTY!
    FLAVOR machine & MAX EFFECT!
    I need to learn it however very impressed! (@Vitolo WOW!)
    Nobody told me? @Baron23 have U tried this?
    Tasty?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  16. ChooChooCharlie

ChooChooCharlie Well-Known Member

Unbreakably civilized?

17. Mrb58

Mrb58 Member

can you load it with a gram . take a couple hits, turn it off come back for a couple more. turn off return etc

without loss of potency or quality ????

18. Trypsy Summers

Trypsy Summers Well-Known Member

Yeah you can, but make sure you take the chamber off the element....;)

Magic9, LesPlenty, SloJimFizz and 6 others like this.
  19. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

What @Trypsy Summers said!

20. Mrb58

Mrb58 Member

Plenty arriving this week

21. Mrb58

Mrb58 Member

Anyway-
    have you looked at the herbalizer- it would meet your needs
    the company has recently gone out of business
    the remaining units are available on ebay for 379 by a guy who used to work there- seems nice
    herbalizerepair.com

i would have bought that - but ordered the plenty instead. i am sure i will regret it. I just didnt want to deal with something breaking down and no spares or warranty. if that is something you can deal with - go for it

On an unrelated note- I am unclear after extensively reading this forum, re what is the best way to efficiently use the plenty when using micro-loads----
    is it

a. use concentrate pad as filler
    b. use reducer with or without microdose capsules (storz& bickel )
    c. cotton wool filler
    d. old abv filler
    e. something i saw used in coffeshops in amsterdam foe non tobacco joints- hemp fiber filler

a poll would be nice-please weigh in

Old Toker likes this.
  22. Some-new-user

Some-new-user Well-Known Member

I was looking at a herbalizer? Spelling? I'm UK though and I don't think they did a 240v version. I'd like something similar. The thread on here is interesting the repair guy seems very legit.

I know you weren't directing the comment to me but just thought I'd chip in.

In terms of smaller loads I'm torn. I have had success with the chamber reducer and pad aswell as the caps but personally I love using the plenty as standard and filling the chamber for a nice long session.

Either way if you go for the reducer 'nipple' the screen. There are past comments warning to be careful if you do this on as the chambers can be damaged quite easily @LesPlenty @Old Toker and @ChooChooCharlie seemed to have a lot of insight.

The plenty for me is a special occasion vape. I absolutely love it through water - found boundless (tera) and flowermate (mine is an aura) water adaptors unscrewed so just the top section fits quite snuggly on the top if you take the stainless cooling coil out.

23. Old Toker

Old Toker Member

I ONLY use The Plenty with a full chamber.....however a full chamber is too much for one session for a lightweight Old Toker like me. I vape about a third of the chamber (10 minutes), remove it from the vape....and then hit the chamber a couple more times to make sure it's completely cool. I'm not much a discerning "flavor" guy...but the next 1 or 2 sessions taste OK to me.
    The other two posters definitely seem to have a lot of insight.....I just have a lot of experience getting ripped with The Plenty. Enjoy!!!

24. Trypsy Summers

Trypsy Summers Well-Known Member

My friend, rest assured, you can't regret the Plenty, that's just kinda impossible, UNLESS, your weed is crap, or you've got lung issues, etc!

However, other than that, this piece of German Tech is in certainly in the Big League, let me give you a tip, if you go looking, you'll find the Plenty 'firmly cemented' up in the drafty section, (i.e. near the top) of the league alongside the Volcano, Mighty and that other German Tank, the Aromed 4.0 which imho is too sweet, the only drawback is, that it's a bit caveman style - but that vapor quality, oooh!:drool: My friend, that kinda quality will make you either 'very stiff', or ''very damp'!:lmao:

Sorry I digressed there, back to the Plenty, the vapor is definitely on point, if you drop something on the lines of 1g of Bruce Banner, Da Glue aka GG#4, or some good Chemdawg:rockon: in there, and then after that sesh come back and (try to) reason... lol! :lol:

However, :sherlock: In answer to your question re efficiency; it depends on your circs, but I can safely say from 'experience' that options A & B definitely work, and option D can work also, esp if it's good (i.e. Chemdawg or White Widow) ABV that you're using.
    I don't know about option E, cos we don't smoke joints....

Enjoy your plenty.....
    Pure Peace:leaf:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018 at 12:38 PM
  25. Arcanus

Arcanus New Member

Hey fellas! Been browsing the site for a while, finally made an account to get in on this thread.

I've had my Plenty for close to a year and by god it hits like a goddamn truck. I've got loads to talk about but first I'd like to get a little confirmation on something that's been worrying me for a while. About 8 months ago I dropped the Plenty straight onto a concrete floor, hitting it around the base of the heating element on the corner of the frame. Ever since then I've had this nagging worry that I might have broken some internals in there...I tried searching around for teardown videos to see if that could help and wasn't really successful on that front, and I'm not too big on voiding my warranty on something that could be a red herring. Is this something I should be worrying about? Ever since I dropped it it's worked the same as it always has, but I can't shake the feeling that something might be off. I'm at work right now but I'll try to snag a picture of the damage when I get home.

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT: Hot fuckin damn first post on the site is #2000 kickin things off strong boyos

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018 at 3:33 PM

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors