1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

PLENTY Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by dopefiend, Dec 2, 2011.

1. ChooChooCharlie

ChooChooCharlie Well-Known Member

Hi @cloudsosmoke - hope everything is well with you and yours across the pond!

I read about the overfill method and ... no, haven't tried it. Seems a bit like gilding the lily -- the lily I clutch as I lie in my casket after that session. @LesPlenty seems no worse from the wear, however.

On the topic of nipple making -- I worry that readers will repeat my goof, pushing screen down into reducer while it's in the orange housing. Don't push down and break a retaining tab. Bad. Use a simple washer from hardware store. Or, first remove the reducer from the orange housing by pushing up from below. Yeah, I worry too much.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  2. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

I managed 1.22 grams (I did not pack it tight) in what I called Macro Dosing by filling right up.:tup:
    Wise words, they break so easily, I have 2 cap assemblies and neither has any retaining tabs left, my brand new unit showed up with one tab already broken off.:disgust:(no real problem, you just have to be careful when emptying) This is my only gripe with S&B, their use of crappy plastic, same as the Mighty IMO.

3. Some-new-user

Some-new-user Well-Known Member

@LesPlenty -microdosing made me chuckle. It's nice to get both ends of the scale. I love it when the plenty just makes me melt away.

4. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Did a celebratory bowl in the full chamber to welcome @ChooChooCharlie back to the thread.
    Much to my surprise, my Plenty, purchased new in March of last year, does not need me to release the handle to reset the heater. I kept my grip tight around the trigger and the heater was on its fourth heat up before no more vape was churning.
    Melt away is a good term @Some-new-user. :whoa:
    Don't know what my heat is topping out at, but judging by my abv, not sure if it could get more spent.

P.S. Hello
    :peace:

[​IMG]

5. LesPlenty

That ABV looks well spent, I suppose you were too! I sometimes put a bit of the ABV straight into a vapcap and stick it in the induction heater just to see if there is anything left, conclusion: a bit of crappy tasting wispy vapor at best, so all good. That extra 20 degrees might be more marketing orientated than actual(they might have moved where the temp probe is?)

6. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I did also!
    Glad to see you @ChooChooCharlie

7. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Really been getting down with the Plenty lately. Load the capsules with different strains for roulette style bowlage and play name that strain.
    Such effortless power this unit has. :whoa:

[​IMG]

ataxian, LesPlenty, elmomuzz and 8 others like this.
  8. BiPolarBear

BiPolarBear Active Member

Storz fanboy here but never tried one of these yet. Really curious.

ataxian, LesPlenty, arb and 2 others like this.
  9. LesPlenty

Quite an under-rated vape, the best way to enjoy a gram at once, lasts me about a movie, no pausing to repack. It is also as reliable as a hammer and can hit like one too.(especially with a WPA):tup:

ataxian, justcametomind, arb and 3 others like this.
  10. BiPolarBear

BiPolarBear Active Member

ok so its great for ripping larger loads. lol Used to .25 in the Mighty. WOW. My problem is that I can't do it indoors.

ataxian, arb, LesPlenty and 1 other person like this.
  11. sd401k

sd401k Active Member

Get the reducing chamber, I use that with a small screen on top of a quite small load and still get ripped. Maybe using .15, get around 5 big hits, and 5 more that taper off a bit. End up in nice shape.

ataxian, ejackyou, arb and 2 others like this.
  12. LesPlenty

I have used my reducer with and without dosing caps, while OK other vapes are much better at micro-dosing. If you have other vapes to micro-dose with, save your money and use the Plenty as the engineers first designed it to be used, with plenty in the chamber.:tup:

ataxian, arb, Old Toker and 2 others like this.
  13. Old Toker

Old Toker Member

:tup: Solid advice. Use the correct tool for the job. No sense in using a sledge hammer to drive tacks. IMHO...this is a vape sledge hammer. There are vapes that are better at conserving your herb supply....BUT...when used fully loaded....there aren't any (many?) that will give you the quality and extended enjoyment of The Plenty. Best of both worlds would (IMHO) be to have BOTH a portable and a Plenty.

ataxian, Diggy Smalls, arb and 3 others like this.
  14. Some-new-user

Some-new-user Well-Known Member

Very well said @Old Toker @LesPlenty
    This is partly why I called the plenty a 'weed guzzer' I just prefer it with a full load and the big chamber where I can happily sit and have a nice long session. I say I have to be mentally prepared for this cause I know it's blast off this way. Yes the plenty does do small loads but I personally prefer to use other ways to extract those.

15. Used2use

Used2use Sometimes to stupid to become a fool

Well imo it depends on the quality - with weak weed even the large chamber can be small, with high grade hash the reducer can be plenty...(the reducer really became my fav for hash, super terpy tasty)
    With some strains i get max a 10 min session out of 1g, that would't be worh the effort in most other vapes with smaller chamber :D

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  16. Old Toker

Old Toker Member

Brother.... the day I fully load The Plenty's chamber and it seems small because of the quality of my herb....is the day THAT herb is sent to the butter machine and I purchase/grow some serious replacement weed. Might actually have to consider taking a break from using to get my tolerance down. Nahhhhh......forget the last part. Owning a Plenty means never having to say "I'm taking a break".:myday:

17. ejackyou

ejackyou Hamilton

Absolutely love My 'Plenty', any serious vaporist should own one,
    Extracts the max from Your load, not fussy on grind
    Also, with the Reducer, and the use of 'Mighty' Drip Pads,
    You can fine tune Your experience any way You like!
    Love it's simplicity and analog design, easy to maintain and very little to go wrong.
    Performance of the 'Volcano' without the price!

18. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I love a full load... you can not beat the flavor of convection vaping, as hot air rushes past a large load... a gram or even a bit more!

grokit, ataxian, cenzo6969 and 6 others like this.
  19. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I love da PLENTY!
    FLAVOR machine & MAX EFFECT!
    I need to learn it however very impressed! (@Vitolo WOW!)
    Nobody told me? @Baron23 have U tried this?
    Tasty?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  20. ChooChooCharlie

ChooChooCharlie Well-Known Member

Unbreakably civilized?

21. Mrb58

Mrb58 Active Member

can you load it with a gram . take a couple hits, turn it off come back for a couple more. turn off return etc

without loss of potency or quality ????

22. Trypsy Summers

Trypsy Summers Well-Known Member

Yeah you can, but make sure you take the chamber off the element....;)

Magic9, LesPlenty, SloJimFizz and 6 others like this.
  23. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

What @Trypsy Summers said!

24. Mrb58

Mrb58 Active Member

Plenty arriving this week

25. Mrb58

Mrb58 Active Member

Anyway-
    have you looked at the herbalizer- it would meet your needs
    the company has recently gone out of business
    the remaining units are available on ebay for 379 by a guy who used to work there- seems nice
    herbalizerepair.com

i would have bought that - but ordered the plenty instead. i am sure i will regret it. I just didnt want to deal with something breaking down and no spares or warranty. if that is something you can deal with - go for it

On an unrelated note- I am unclear after extensively reading this forum, re what is the best way to efficiently use the plenty when using micro-loads----
    is it

a. use concentrate pad as filler
    b. use reducer with or without microdose capsules (storz& bickel )
    c. cotton wool filler
    d. old abv filler
    e. something i saw used in coffeshops in amsterdam foe non tobacco joints- hemp fiber filler

a poll would be nice-please weigh in

Old Toker likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors