1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

PLENTY Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by dopefiend, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Used2use

Used2use Sometimes to stupid to become a fool

Sounds like an Aromed could fit? both could be called 'whip vapes' in the end both are good and quite different...
    Don't overrate the switch thing, that can actually be useful sometimes :evil: - it's a large heat sink, that keeps temp very stable alone by it's mass even if u draw as hard and long as u can :brow: so no need for DIGITS, it's a B&D Power tool :rockon:
    I'd call it the big bro of the mighty, 4 times the surface 4 times the heating power and more free flowing - but with the reducer used without capsule it comes pretty close to the mighty imo...
    (that reminds me to put up some pics of my screen setup...:doh:)

2. justcametomind

justcametomind IT'S TIME!

Hi
    The last version of the Plenty was released in 2017. My older one was returned in warranty and I got this last one.
    IIRC the older one reached the higher temperature in 5’15”, the newer in 4’15”.
    Buying a Plenty doesn’t cure VAS for the Volcano. I have every S&B vaporizer and many many others.Volcano is maybe the one I enjoy the most for its mild taste.Plenty comes a close second talking about desktop units. There’s absolutely no need to use glass with the Plenty. You could be just fine with the cooling unit or buy two, as I did, and leave one in the freezer. When you need extra cooling you can get it out of the freezer, use it and put the other one in. I think that the Plenty experience is much more comfortable than the Evo. No glass to worry about, good taste as well. I can’t say the Plenty gets the same level of use of my new portables like Fury 2 or Force, but that’s just because they reach the temperature in 20/30 seconds and are le last I bought.

Vitolo, ChooChooCharlie, arb and 4 others like this.
  3. Used2use

interresting - how many Watts does the label say on the newer Version?

Vitolo, justcametomind, arb and 2 others like this.
  4. O-G-Reg

O-G-Reg Space-time aberration

I don’t know if its because the Plenty is the only plugin I own so i feel defensive or if i just dont know any better....
    But IMO calling the plenty a herb hog is unfairly branding it.

There is the reducer which you can use pods or loose herb in...only an extra $11 (though still cant dial in the loose herb reducer pack). Or for free you can use the concentrate pad with really just a dusting of herbs underneath for some powerful hybrid extraction. i believe the concentrate pad gets hot enough and quite enhances the extraction you would get from a lessened load with convection only.

I can throw a single finley ground (using the included grinder) pinch under the pad at 6-6.5 temp and make a cloud that rivals my 11 inch beaker bong and a lighter :evil:

5. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

I agree, I can use just as much in most of my vapes in the same amount of time, only I would be worn out from refilling them, I like big ovens because at the end of he day I like a long, relaxing session which only the Plenty has delivered for me. :tup:

6. Some-new-user

Some-new-user Well-Known Member

Yeah it may be a bit unfair calling it a weed hog but it's my opinion, I did say I probably need to work on my technique. Maybe a finer grind. I do use the liquid pad with both chambers and I also use the capsules. It's just not as convenient for me to use in the situation that I use it in and this is why it only comes out on special occasions.

I stand by my comment that I need to be more mentally prepared to use it over my other vapes. I feel like I'm a light user. 1 session on my mighty CBD buds on a morning. 2/3 nights through the week - usually a bag on the volcano and then let my hair down on a weekend.

A full chamber on the plenty can destroy me if I want it to which is my preference. I wish more of the photos showed up on this forum and it was easier to see a condensed 'tips and tricks' rather than scouring through pages then photos are missing - can't see any of the nippled screen. It's easy to figure out but photos make things much easier for me.

I also regrind and stir and this helps me get a bit more out the load. I did say I think the plenty is a little more efficient at extracting than the mighty - I know this is conflicting but the increase in air flow and the big heater possibly for me gives a few less draws although these are usually a little bigger/deeper.

I do love my plenty. It's an amazing vape and the ability to use the dosing caps is a huge bonus. I just wanted to share my opinion and experience.

It's nice to see people still contributing to this thread - some true well seasoned enthusiasts. I'm only months in to my FC/vape journey and I'm still digging around as many topics and pages reading and re reading things. In my opinion we can't have too much information on here. Healthy discussions and people trying to help each other out. Thanks for your input

EDIT and possibly off topic but I might be trying to be too 'cheap' too. I pay £10 for 0.8g on a good day which thanks to the big G says it's 13 USD. Les I may be a little off but I used to double GBP to get Aus dollar so 20 dollars? So its probably myself that's the weed hog/cheapskate again thanks for the discussion. All the best.

2nd edit - @Used2use the sticker on my plenty says 220-240 volt 50-60hz 110W

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  7. malkan

malkan New Member

Has anyone tried doing BHO in Plenty? How does it compare to dabbing with a titanium/quartz nail?

8. Used2use

Here's (finally) a pic of my screen setup, on the left only a coarse standard screen nippled, on the right is the added fine screen on top, so it seals perfect with the reducer without caps
    [​IMG]

side notes are
    - fine screens alone don't work for nippeling, the standard screens are more stable for that
    - the nipple doesn't need a perfect shape, it just needs to be deep enough to go a bit over the rim level
    - the fine screen gumps up a bit quicker at the nippled area, but no biggie ime

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  9. felon167inc

felon167inc Well-Known Member

ziptie on the trigger....problem solved
    plenty is a beast and converted me from bongs
    love it through water with a 14-18 m2m glass piece

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    LesPlenty likes this.
  10. Used2use

Hm, are there water pieces with larger diameter than 18mm at the downstem? eg 29 would be interresting with the top piece cut down to the screen...:brow: :ko:

afaik that doesn't work with all units, i believe the oldest ones and the newest?

11. felon167inc

felon167inc Well-Known Member

there are some in the middle that a cable tie will not work, you are correct

12. O-G-Reg

O-G-Reg Space-time aberration

My unit is about a month old. Ziptie trick wouldnt work :/

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  13. justcametomind

110W.

14. ChooChooCharlie

ChooChooCharlie Well-Known Member

And there was much rejoicing throughout the land of Plenty!!!

Manly dead man's switches are back!
    No more need to release and repress.

New owners posted about their dead man's handle switch.
    I got curious. Bought a new one from S&B.

Bonus -- improved temp calibration.
    Level 7 cycles from 390-420F.
    Level 6 cycles from 370-400F.

[​IMG]

Speculation alert -- S&B are quiet about incremental changes to avoid blowback from retailers with older inventory.

VapeNerd alert -- Good read -- Markus Storz patented the "hybrid" vaping concept:

https://patents.google.com/patent/US9272103

Check out that straight hot stem in the diagrams!

Certain members here (can't think OF any at the moment) will be very upset at his terminology in the patent, but others will agree. Can you spell pedantic? He does explain quite well the advantages of hybrid heating -- and that's really what matters, satisfying results.

Extreme speculation alert -- The next new S&B release will be centered around another of his patents. (think prepackaged circular "tea" bags)

15. LesPlenty

Aw, mine only goes to 396f(202c), I feel robbed.:rant:
    Oh well, at least all that aluminium has less chance of...…...what was I saying?

felon167inc likes this.
  16. justcametomind

I’m pretty sure I have an updated Plenty but max temp is still 202C.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    LesPlenty likes this.
  17. Used2use

@ChooChooCharlie nice you're back - missed your brabling and pics for entertainment ;)

Interresting, with the newer versions - seems same wattage but 20% faster heat up? that would mean they improved the heat transfer/conversion by 20%, nah i don't think the original design is that bad to leave so much room...
    Guess measuring the real power consumption should reveal a bit more...

18. Some-new-user

Hello @ChooChooCharlie thanks for your input on these pages. Good to see you back in action.

Vitolo and ChooChooCharlie like this.
  19. ChooChooCharlie

Think I need a 12 step program

[​IMG]

20. ChooChooCharlie

[​IMG]

Nipples and Full loads!

[​IMG]

21. cloudsosmoke

cloudsosmoke Well-Known Member

@ChooChooCharlie
    Have you tried extra filling to nearly the top of the black bit above bowl
    (Screen is removed...but leaving space at the top so you can still fit coil/adapter)

I didn’t think it’d work..but lol
    it sure does

22. ChooChooCharlie

Hi @cloudsosmoke - hope everything is well with you and yours across the pond!

I read about the overfill method and ... no, haven't tried it. Seems a bit like gilding the lily -- the lily I clutch as I lie in my casket after that session. @LesPlenty seems no worse from the wear, however.

On the topic of nipple making -- I worry that readers will repeat my goof, pushing screen down into reducer while it's in the orange housing. Don't push down and break a retaining tab. Bad. Use a simple washer from hardware store. Or, first remove the reducer from the orange housing by pushing up from below. Yeah, I worry too much.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  23. LesPlenty

I managed 1.22 grams (I did not pack it tight) in what I called Macro Dosing by filling right up.:tup:
    Wise words, they break so easily, I have 2 cap assemblies and neither has any retaining tabs left, my brand new unit showed up with one tab already broken off.:disgust:(no real problem, you just have to be careful when emptying) This is my only gripe with S&B, their use of crappy plastic, same as the Mighty IMO.

24. Some-new-user

@LesPlenty -microdosing made me chuckle. It's nice to get both ends of the scale. I love it when the plenty just makes me melt away.

25. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Did a celebratory bowl in the full chamber to welcome @ChooChooCharlie back to the thread.
    Much to my surprise, my Plenty, purchased new in March of last year, does not need me to release the handle to reset the heater. I kept my grip tight around the trigger and the heater was on its fourth heat up before no more vape was churning.
    Melt away is a good term @Some-new-user. :whoa:
    Don't know what my heat is topping out at, but judging by my abv, not sure if it could get more spent.

P.S. Hello
    :peace:

[​IMG]

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors