1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

PLENTY Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by dopefiend, Dec 2, 2011.

1. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

Do you use the coil as well as the bong?
    I use a 14mm male to 18mm male GonG fitting instead of the s/s coil, pull out coil, leave in silicon, push 14mm male end of GonG into black chamber cap with silicon in place to seal and away we go....

felon167inc likes this.
  2. felon167inc

felon167inc Well-Known Member

I have an 18mm male to 18mm female bent gong piece
    Silicone you use stretched around outside of black chamber top so fits snug in the 18mm female end
    I have the same carb cap/double adapter piece coming as you also, except the carb is on side a bit at an angle instead of parallel/horizontal like yours

I use the ss coil on its own occasionally but rarely these days unless someone is here and doesnt want to use the mobius

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    LesPlenty likes this.
  3. LesPlenty

felon167inc likes this.
  4. felon167inc

Ahh, it arrived...replace that china plastic whip yet?...lol
    looks nice....
    I want to get a d020-d first and then there is a number of glass I would like
    Letting the wallet rest a bit after recent purchases for now tho....haha

5. LesPlenty

It actually came with normal translucent silicon hose (like the home brew stuff) but it still stinks.
    The d020-d really is a great all purpose bubbler, it just does not hum like the Matrix sidecar when the Plenty comes out to play.

felon167inc likes this.
  6. justcametomind

justcametomind IT'S TIME!

Cheesequake and felon167inc like this.
  7. justcametomind

justcametomind IT'S TIME!

LesPlenty likes this.
  8. jardri

jardri Vapor Dreams

If anyone of you wants a Plenty in Europe PM me I will make a post in classifieds with my unit and accesories when I have time to take some photos, probably the weekend.

justcametomind and felon167inc like this.
  9. O-G-Reg

O-G-Reg Space-time aberration

Has anyone tried unfurling a spare coil and used it as a whip & some adapter with a bong?

I was thinking of trying that. Thought is that the coil should be easier to reclaim from, more durable/reusable, and is a stock piece. If i just uncoil one and stick a a water pipe adapter where the mouth piece is....?

P.s. i built a nice black and orange stand out of legos superglued together. Once i’ve got a little more R and D time into it i’ll post the instructions. I’ll probably end up with a whole vape station made from the bones of Staw Wars lego sets.

LesPlenty likes this.
  10. felon167inc

coil needs to be as is for cooling
    If you want to use with a bong read above, @LesPlenty myself and others have used methods such as gong adapters with I believe better results
    At first I had a silicone whip from my plenty to water pipe and it was nowhere near as good as a simple gong adapter to billy

LesPlenty likes this.
  11. LesPlenty

I have just received a @DDavewww.DDaveMods.com VapCap glass stem that also works well with a bit of silicone hose (already there when you remove s/s coil) and is great on any 14mm female rig with no other adapters needed, as you know the Plenty is very free flowing and it is good to use on a smaller, more restrictive 14mm bong now and then just to keep things fresh. :tup:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    DDave, Used2use and felon167inc like this.
  12. felon167inc

waiting on my ddave glass wand for my vapcap to use with water as we speak....

DDave likes this.
  13. LesPlenty

Try it with the Plenty, it is good to watch the laser like vapor fire down it.:tup:

SloJimFizz, DDave and felon167inc like this.
  14. O-G-Reg

Thanks for the suggestions @LesPlenty @felon167inc

Ended up removing the coil and replaced with a spare coil silicon sleeve, sort of like a hat. Pressed it right into a 14mm angled downstem and just held it there while pulling.

Damn good seal. No extra equipment required. Couldnt have been more simple or effective. Used it with ice. It was my First time vaping with a water pipe... game changer. Gives me that bong hit fix but i don’t get light headed or that coughing and reeling feeling when a going a bit too large.

Plus, with vaping i feel a lot less tired and hungry, a lot more hits.

:love:

felon167inc, LesPlenty and Used2use like this.
  15. felon167inc

My @DDave wand arrived today....great piece works wonders with the VC in water or for diff flavour by self
    In instructions it says only the first 2 grommets will fit in wand....I fit all 3...is this okay @DDave ?

I will try with my Plenty next.... :)

I find less tired in the unmotivated way

but when need sleep even better than before and wake up no hangovers

I feel you...vaping has replaced the bong all day all the way

sooo much better

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2018
    O-G-Reg and LesPlenty like this.
  16. LesPlenty

2x grommets (0-rings)= s/s tip, 3x grommets (O-rings) = Ti tip, as long as it seals and is stable, all will be good, now to get back on track, the @DDave wand also works well with a j-hook, I need to get some keck clips as it is great on top of my ash catcher with the j-hook too but needs keck clips to make it a little safer to handle.
    Are you still conscious after trying the @DDave wand in the Plenty @felon167inc, careful watching that vapor trail as you can lose track and things can get cougherous,....hehe new word. :tup:

felon167inc likes this.
  17. felon167inc

"cougherous"....:lol: - this is a thing...lol:science:
    Now I am seeing the use of a j-hook....
    I have not yet, still playing with new VC and GH that arived today from UK
    Sender forgot to clean....soooo lucky it came through our customs
    The DV came from US person had cleaned and put in ziplock bag
    GH sender put in normal package and I got to try what UK is vaping as it has a small bit of green left in the bowl........!!!!!:shrug::uhoh::ninja:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    cloudsosmoke and LesPlenty like this.
  18. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard Accessory Maker

Absolutely! @LesPlenty called it right... So long as you have a stable fit, all's good

:tup:

felon167inc and LesPlenty like this.
  19. felon167inc

Cheers
    A great piece of glass with the VC
    I love it in water....much like having cones now in dosage etc

DDave and LesPlenty like this.
  20. O-G-Reg

Hey to all the fellowplentiful who use loose herbs in the reducer!
    I need some help with the reducer. Every time i pack it and no matter how(fine coarse, full, 90%, loose, firm) herb spills out of the scren into the surrounding metal. And i have to brush it back in every couple draws. Abv is mediocre too. I notice that the screen in the black piece which holds the coil is pretty domed upwards. Seems like its always going to be that way because the screen diameter is greater than the housings, so its got to bend... how does yours look?
    any tips? Same herb and grind works amazing in the larger bowl. I just cant keep the stuff from spilling out!

I know i can use the concentrate pad and stock chamber, but thats not what i want.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  21. LesPlenty

You need to nipple that screen, take the reducer out of the orange filling chamber housing(or you will break off the little orange retainers that hold the reducer) put the screen on the reducer and make a nipple/dent in the screen. That nipple will now hold our load in place.
    A trick I have luck with to get darker ABV is to connect the orange filling chamber housing on the plenty first as it will screw on further without the black chamber cap installed (the handle of the orange filling chamber housing will go to 7 o`clock instead of 6, it will be on the corner of the caution triangle on the Plenty), now screw the rest on and go for it.
    Those tips and a heap of others are in this thread, well worth a read through when you get time.:tup:

22. mario

mario Well-Known Member

So new to the discussion. Have been thinking about getting a desktop vape finally and since I love S&B products so much, this was my first thought. I love my Mighty and I love the dosing caps. So the fact that I could drop a cap into the plenty and be on my way sounds perfect.

Here are my questions:

1. It was released in 2011, is it out of date and maybe either being refreshed or replaced soon?
    2. Do you have to hold the trigger the entire time you are inhaling? Or is the handle for turning it on and off. I don't know that I want to have to pull the trigger every time I take a hit.
    3. If it is the case that I have to pull the trigger every time, does it still 'use up' my bud if I take a break between hits?

Thanks all!

23. Some-new-user

Some-new-user Well-Known Member

@mario

The switch is for the heater, it has a heat cycle so you press the handle switch for it to heat up. The orange light near the temp dial comes on and goes off when it's up to temperature. You then inhale away at it and the heating element isn't engaged so the vape naturally cools, even more so when you inhale. After the temperature drops a certain level (depending on setting) you can then press the handle switch again and it will go back up to temp. It's a safety feature, I don't feel like it bothers me too much and the plenty is designed in a way that its difficult to hold and vape and avoid pressing it. If you're using it as intended then it shouldn't bother you. It's not like you need to sit there and constantly worry about a switch in order to vape.

There have been some refinements, I got my model earlier this year and I believe the temperature goes a little higher on mine than the original model.

I have heard that S&B are working on something but I believe this always flies around the boards/chatter. What I would like to see is a digital model- something with a finer temperature accuracy. Much like they did with the volcano. The switch can be a bit of a burden if you're not holding it constantly and I feel like 10 or 20 degrees drop makes the vapour tail off, then you have to wait for it to heat back up.

One thing I would mention is that this is a convection vape with a little bit of conduction a little more so with the reduced chamber so when you start pulling and then you take a rest you can see small amounts of vapour still tailing off from the mouthpiece - this happens with the mighty too. You could consider this to be using your herb when you don't want it to be.

The chamber for the dosing caps is going to cost a little extra. It doesn't come with the reducer out of the box and I feel like I get more puffs/pulls consistently from my mighty (specifically speaking about the caps here) I usually let the plenty do a few heat cycles with the chamber on before popping a cap in there. I'd recommend getting another bottom (orange) section if you can so you're not fiddling around changing all the time and you have both options of chamber on hand.

I bought the plenty as a 'desktop mighty' it is and it isn't. I think it's a bit of a weed guzzler myself. Maybe I need to grind finer or review my technique but I really find best results with a full big chamber. I feel like the stainless steel coil does cool the vapour down quite a bit so it's somewhat a little harder to tell there's anything there at lower temperatures.

With a fully loaded big chamber I get about 1/2 an hour of use pretty much constantly, stepping the temp up as I feel the need. Right up to 7 (top setting). I feel like I need to be more mentally prepared for a full on plenty session. I also feel like it's a little more awkward to pass around (in my vape space anyway) the cable is nice and long but I have computer chairs that I wouldn't want to trap or damage the cable under. When it's hot and you've finished there's no official stand for it other than the brush and I worry about someone knocking it or burning themselves on it.

I do think this is a little more efficient at extracting than the mighty - due to the amount of pulls I can get. It seems to go through herb a little quicker than the mighty does but it may give bigger draws, there's definitely less resistance.

No batteries to charge or worry about degrading. Easy to hook up to a waterpiece for some monster rips. As easy to maintain as the mighty. I've had mine a good few months and haven't touched it with iso. I'm thinking there will be some nice reclaim in the coil.

If you want something you can pop the s&b dosing capsules in with a whip then yes definitely. For me it wasn't as straight out of the box easy as the mighty BUT if you have an endless abundant supply of quality herb OR you're looking to microdose and don't mind experimenting then yes great go for it.

I moved on to the extreme q after the plenty and feel like that's a bit easier to manage dosing/vapour production plus there's a dual option with the bags which I really didn't see me enjoying (felt a little too 'druggy' in looks and behaviour) but it's nice to be able to see what vapour you have there and how much is being produced rather than trying to suck and wondering if there's anything left in the herb (described as quantifiable vapour). Also think the extreme q with whip/direct tastes slightly better. I can also elbow load 0.05g and either get a fairly decent bag or a nice couple of pulls from that. The elbow method is quite similar to the dosing caps and I even put a screen on top of the basket to hold the herb in place and minimise mess/spillage.

I then moved on to the volcano I definitely don't recommend directly pulling/drawing from the volcano. I think the pump is too regulated so when you pull from the volcano you can feel the restriction of the pump and it makes a noise that doesn't sound healthy. It's like you're manually trying to operate the pump. I did hook up a hose from the volcano in to a big glass water dispenser through water which also inflated a balloon. That rocked in my opinion but it needs further experimentation. I just wanted the glass dispenser full of vapour.

I haven't tried other vapes. I know you didn't ask for info about others but just trying to be helpful and sharing my experience. The problem with vapes is you can't just go in to a shop and test one - at least not here in the UK. It's a massive unknown and like I said in another forum no one tells you how you like your coffee you sort of find it out for yourself with guidance and how it's been developed over the years.

My daily drivers are now the mighty and volcano - I use the caps in both but also use different techniques with the volcano (using avb helps a lot also regrinding so it's finer- would also suit the plenty) it's just that the volcano is nice to just sit there and it never really gets moved. The plenty is for special occasions/weekends the extreme q comes out once in a while. Mostly when I have a nice new strain to try. Pretty much exclusively with a whip so the v tower would be an option (no fan, no balloon/bag)

Hope I helped. Good luck

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  24. mario

mario Well-Known Member

@Some-new-user

Dude, that was an awesome amount of info! Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know! It sounds like at the moment the Plenty isn't for me. I'm trying to find something that is going to sit on my desk, have a whip that I can put through a water piece and go to town when I want to. Sounds like the Plenty could be that, but the temp fluctuation and the switch I think would eventually get to me. I really want a Volcano, because I know they are the top of the line, but before I go that route, I figured I would test the water with some others first :)

Again, thank you so much for the info!

Some-new-user likes this.
  25. Some-new-user

Some-new-user Well-Known Member

No worries and thank you. Half way through I was thinking am I just babbling/going off on one here. I've read in some of the earlier pages people bypass the switch either by locking it off or put it on a mug/cup tree but there are easier options out there. For the price and functionality the extreme q is worth a look. Also Da Buddha but I believe that's whip only. Heard that the extreme q and DDave mods kick some serious ass.

Good luck, don't let just my OPINION put you off hopefully other users will chip in.

I love the S&B products but it is definitely worth looking at other options. Especially if you're wanting something to just sit there.

I would be interested to know what you end up going with and your experience. I feel like I'm addicted to buying new vapes at the moment but I'm looking at a tera or another 'portable' and then saving either for a verdamper or a something by 7th floor

Zak McKracken likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors