SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
@ChooChooCharlie Your post last week about the dosing capsules made me want to use them till I liked them more then I was. Thanks!
After a week of messing with different loads and grinds, long slow pulls and the all important nipplelizing of the screen on the coil, I hit the sweet spot and am a convert to the reducer with dosing capsules. :razz:

Hey,
Been doing my research for a while and have finally narrowed down to the Plenty.

I have a couple of queries though

- I live in India, where the quality of marijuana is quite depressing. It's cheap, and it'll get you high. But it's got all types of dust and other crap in it. I am concerned that due to the pathetic quality of the stuff, it might not provide the vaping experience that I'm looking for.
- This is the first vape that I plan to own. I have never even tried vaping before. And unfortunately I do not know anyone who owns a vape as well, nor is it legal in my country. So trying it is out of the question.
Me and my wife normally roll a spliff or two every night. And i was just looking at a healthier alternative to combusting it. Will the Plenty be a good choice as per my requirement?
- I will be buying it from the UK and having a cousin ship it over. But as there is no service from S&B in India, if there is problem with the device, it's unlikely that I'll be able to find any parts or service. And if I'm paying this much for a vape, I expect it to run for atleast a 3 years hassle free. I could always send it back to my cousin but it's an unnecessary waste of time and money.
- I was also considering the pax 2, but feel the Plenty is a much better option as I'm coming from combustion and need vapour and easy draws.

It's an expensive machine and I'd hate to buy it to never use it.

Anyone else on this forum ever vaped in India before? Any advice would be appreciated. Should I buy a starter vape and try it out instead. I doubt it'll provide the same experience as the Plenty and thus would not be fair to base my judgement on it.

And I'm concerned the quality of weed is not Vape suitable in the first place.

Help!

Vitolo

Vaporist
My first vaping experiences were with "commersh".. lower grade street weed.
Vapor is always better.
Perhaps a less expensive unit for trial and to see if you like vaporization (you will!)
try a Vapor Brothers box or it's equivalent.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Nipple'd upper screen --> good.

Destroying little orange retaining tabs --> bad

It's so easy to break the orange retaining tabs.

Please do not press down. I made a stupid post a while back.

I'll say that again... I made a stupid post a while back.

So sorry. Please do NOT exert any downward pressure on the reducer while it's installed. Find an alternate method to create the nipple.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
That blows.
I bought the whole chamber with the reducer in it instead of just the reducer piece, and after receiving it was glad I did. So easy to go back and forth from reducer chamber and big chamber without fear of broken tabs and the sheer pain in the ass of removing the metal reducer piece to go back to big chamber.
To nipplelize the screen, I removed the coil from the chamber top and through that hole used the S&B brush handle to shape the screen nipple.

ChooChooCharlie

I used to just bow out the upper screen as you described.
Found that a nipple holds up well, retaining outward shape.
The circular crease adds rigidity.

Use thumb to press screen into a 5/8 inch washer.

Ul9KxeOm.jpg

My prior blunder was pressing screen down into reducer to create nipple. Bad idea. Use washer.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Sweet, you took that nipplelizing to a whole new level. I literally just bowed it out, as you said. :lol: I'll have to make a dedicated reduced chamber big nipple lid cause I've just been keeping the coil on one black piece and moving it back and forth from reduced chamber to regular chamber.
Your take on the Plenty with dosing cap vs Mighty with dosing cap said you can get the goods with the same capful, just faster than the Mighty. Can the Mighty extract the goods any further, being capable of higher heat? Or do the both reach about the sameish abv?

ChooChooCharlie

When I vaped some thermocouple wire wrap in an especially insane curious mood, could only get load temp above 400F if I really huffed. Most of draws were in 360-380F range, dial set on level seven. I have a very old Plenty, and like vape critic said about his old Plenty, it does not get as hot as the newer ones. He got a newer Plenty and confirmed. So, my observations would not help answer your question. But I'll tell you anyway. Yes, Mighty abv is darker. "Must be the money"

As you know, when Plenty vapor stops, it's done. And it stops sooner than Mighty capsule session, about half the time. But, there's that darn 4 minute warmup. And it is bulky with a thick cord. Dependable, though, and no cursing when you only see one bar on the Mighty's battery display.

There was a vape study where they measured the percent of "actives" left over in the abv after lab simulation of sessions. Plenty abv showed among the lowest remaining, in the 2-3% range, besting his uncle the Volcano in this regard. So, abv color isn't necessarily a good measuring stick.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
When the Plenty is done, it's done.
Small, loose loads (.1 & below) in the capsule are frustrating cause they end before it really gets rolling. Overloaded capsule suck as well, draw resistance and uneven abv.
Found my sweet spot when I finally figured out the hole in the lid part of the dosing capsule holder is a loading tool for the capsules. :doh: So much easier to load and I can't over pack it by scooping the capsule into the ground weed like I have done. With the capsule in the loading tool, sprinkle in the herb till it is a slight muffin top over the capsule edge with ground herb, remove tool, let the lid compress the slight muffin top down. Done.
Feel like Roland, the gunslinger when I'm loading up all 8 in the container and have a 9th, ready for the chamber.:haw:

Vitolo

Vaporist
The vapor brothers box isn't available in the UK. Any other suggestions for a starter vape.
There a few retailers that sell them in the UK.
One of my new favorites is Namaste Vapes https://www.namastevaporizers.co.uk/ (they deliver also at no cost)

If that is too pricey for you you can get it's generic knock off for MUCH less at Amazon EZ Vape (UK)
......However the Plenty is the topic at hand, and the Plenty will last you a good long time. (forever is not out of the question!)

Last edited:
Vitolo,

ChooChooCharlie

...Feel like Roland, the gunslinger when I'm loading up all 8 in the container and have a 9th, ready for the chamber.:haw:

Hopefully by the end of this summer, you can holster your old six-shooter, and start wielding a full auto. Get on @Ratchett 's mailing list. Think you will like his capsule filling tray, coming soon.

ChooChooCharlie

@Robot - Was right there with you until the last phrase. In the spirit of the forum, and to be honest, I can't agree. And this is coming from a fan. But, I don't want to begin a discussion here of why I feel that way. Hope you can understand. Of course, I may have misconstrued, because you did insert a smiley.

Robot

@Robot - Was right there with you until the last phrase. In the spirit of the forum, and to be honest, I can't agree. And this is coming from a fan. But, I don't want to begin a discussion here of why I feel that way. Hope you can understand. Of course, I may have misconstrued, because you did insert a smiley.

Of course, you are correct.
I do feel the spirit now!
Bye FC :wave:

Robot,

ChooChooCharlie

Of course, you are correct.
I do feel the spirit now!
Bye FC :wave:

Hey, @Robot ,don't leave because of my sanctimonious reply to your prior post.

I had a reflexive reaction to your describing it as the best vape. Sorry. With all of my silly posts, who am I to criticize!?

@SloJimFizz ,nice photographic love showing how the Plenty has vitality and a healthy appetite. Perhaps there is another vape out there that can handle a load this size with no technique, no stirring, no combustion, no inconsistency, and no more herb because you get greedy. Kidding.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Ah, that bowl going off was a thing of beauty. Four grown men, nicely taken care of. The two newbs to the Plenty looked liked the guys from Dumb & Dumber riding into Aspen when they finally tapped out. Glorious! Felt like a proud papa.:D

As much as I love the Plenty, Im not sure it's the one he is after. I, and most of us are in a position to have different strains available, and can access more when we need. If I was still in the boat of having to make my stash stretch for any amount of time, either because there is no more available or I could not afford any more, the Plenty would not be the first I would reach for. Too many variables to name any vape The best vape.

Friend Man

Hi, this is my first post etc.

I have a Solo and a Plenty. I love the Plenty to bits, it's everything I want. There's only one issue, which is of course the massive bowl, and the flimsy nature of the liquid pads.

I see some of you guys talking about the reducer and capsules in this thread. I think I'm going to get them but I have some reservations, I would greatly appreciate any advice/info:

1. It looks like the reducer forms a small 'well' in the middle of the screen. I always understood the reason the Plenty gets such good volume and no draw resistance is due to the fact the material is spread over a wide area. Wouldn't this be compromised with the reducer?

2. I see a lot of people complaining that the capsules are flimsy and difficult to use without crushing them. How easy is it to reuse them? I can't afford to keep buying them all the time, and I want to get all that ABV.

Some kind of brief starter guide to using the reducer/capsules would be great

Also:

3. Is there just a more durable/cheaper version of the liquid pads? Any kind of substitute? They would be perfect if they were cheaper/more readily available. It's a pain in the arse having to pay through the nose and wait a week for them to arrive each time.

Thanks for your time

Vitolo

Vaporist
  1. The well made in the top screen is a measure mentioned by a few.... I think @ChooChooCharlie 1st came up with this finding. It is meant to hold the reducer capsule in place snugly, and is user altered specifically for that purpose.
  2. The capsules are not flimsy. At first I thought they were also, but one needs just to learn a system of leverage to hold the base and to flip the top off. Perhaps a video is in order.
  3. The liquid pads for the S&B products are among the best in the industry especially for this size. The Plenty is not the most efficient tool as it leans in a direction when in use... the oil pads require level usage such as is most common with Volcano. There are more compressed pads (ie: Minivap) but they are too small for use in the Plenty.

Friend Man

1. The well made in the top screen is a measure mentioned by a few.... I think @ChooChooCharlie 1st came up with this finding. It is meant to hold the reducer capsule in place snugly, and is user altered specifically for that purpose.
  2. The capsules are not flimsy. At first I thought they were also, but one needs just to learn a system of leverage to hold the base and to flip the top off. Perhaps a video is in order.
  3. The liquid pads for the S&B products are among the best in the industry especially for this size. The Plenty is not the most efficient tool as it leans in a direction when in use... the oil pads require level usage such as is most common with Volcano. There are more compressed pads (ie: Minivap) but they are too small for use in the Plenty.

Great, thanks a lot for the detailed response. So would you say you get as good a draw using the capsules as you do using the liquid pad? I mostly only use the pads to regulate doses (though I've recently been having a great time smearing reclaim on them, which is making me think i should just have two dedicated for that purpose and use capsules with standard material)

Friend Man,
Reactions: Vitolo

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
The reduced chamber and dosing capsules are fantastic additions to the Plenty. I highly recommend ordering the whole chamber with reducer for the $24 instead of just the reducing piece for $12. Going back and forth between the large chamber and reduced chamber is a breeze.(the reducer piece itself is kind of a pain to swap out,it snaps in, not just plops in.) Get that and an 8 pack of dosing capsules to start. You do get as good a draw using the capsules as the liquid pad and is the best/easiest way to regulate dosage using the Plenty. Load my 8 pack with .15 in each and I'm set for a several days.
They also have the dosing capsule for oil and concentrates that has a tiny liquid pad inside a dosing capsule. I got these, but the Plenty is not my preferred delivery method for wax and shatter. Takes a pretty big dollap for just soso results that would have taken down a 2 or 3 people in the mod box. I'll probably take those pads out and just use the capsules for dry.

Friend Man

The reduced chamber and dosing capsules are fantastic additions to the Plenty. I highly recommend ordering the whole chamber with reducer for the $24 instead of just the reducing piece for $12. Going back and forth between the large chamber and reduced chamber is a breeze.(the reducer piece itself is kind of a pain to swap out,it snaps in, not just plops in.) Get that and an 8 pack of dosing capsules to start. You do get as good a draw using the capsules as the liquid pad and is the best/easiest way to regulate dosage using the Plenty. Load my 8 pack with .15 in each and I'm set for a several days.
They also have the dosing capsule for oil and concentrates that has a tiny liquid pad inside a dosing capsule. I got these, but the Plenty is not my preferred delivery method for wax and shatter. Takes a pretty big dollap for just soso results that would have taken down a 2 or 3 people in the mod box. I'll probably take those pads out and just use the capsules for dry.

Thanks! I'll bite the bullet then. I use the Solo outside so the capsules would never leave my room, so may as well just get 40 with no dispenser. I'll get the reducer cap and the wear n' tear set too, for the screens and pads. The only 'wax' I use is reclaim goop so it's not worth getting anything else, I'll just keep using the pads.

Thanks again for getting back to me, good community you got here!

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
The 8 pack magazine lid has a loader built in that is pretty sweet and makes loading easy. Don't know if they include that with the forty pack. I thought about the 40 pack, but that's a shitload of capsules, and I only like to grind so much at a time. If I had a Crafty or a Mighty to go with my Plenty, a bag of 40 capsules would be useful. Still, 20 of those would be on backup duty.

Friend Man

Oh right! Others are saying that they think the capsules are a one-time use disposable item! Is that not the case at all? Are they easy to clean?

Friend Man,
Top Bottom