outlawbuddha

Modnote: Thread merged into the Plenty thread.

I just got the Plenty and I HATE it

I've had a da buddha vaporizer for awhile and I thought the Plenty would be an awesome upgrade. MASSIVE disappointment. I got the Plenty yesterday after ordering it and it is terrible. My Da Buddha is actually better. WTF. Am I somehow using the Plenty wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
outlawbuddha,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Modnote: Thread merged into the Plenty thread.

I just got the Plenty and I HATE it

I've had a da buddha vaporizer for awhile and I thought the Plenty would be an awesome upgrade. MASSIVE disappointment. I got the Plenty yesterday after ordering it and it is terrible. My Da Buddha is actually better. WTF. Am I somehow using the Plenty wrong?
Yes... there is a chance you are using the Plenty in a way that is less functional than it can be.
Vaporizers that reach heat and then get vaped on the downward swing of the units thermostat are rare.
The Supreme (1,2, &3) works that way, but with a torch.
The plenty can be Plenty good if you get the rythm.
Some of the most devastating sessions I have had were with the Plenty.
Please take time to read this thread, and reach out to all.... or direct questions to who you see are the Plenty fans or even Fanatics.
I love my buddha too, for daily use, but sometimes, that Plenty just fills a special spot!

outlawbuddha

I get thicker more potent vapor from da buddha... Maybe if I filled it (I have been using the liquid pad in there) up completely I'd get better from the Plenty, but that is a lot of bud. Maybe the reducer would help... I'm just not getting much vapor from this at all. I see videos of people using it with their bud with the liquid pad, but I'm not getting the same result?

How much is like minimum to have quality vapor?

I tend to use around 0.2-0.3 at a time. What I'm used to at least. Reading this whole thread has me somewhat more informed and also more confused lol
I don't understand what I am doing wrong/ what I should be doing...

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitolo

Vaporist
With the Plenty you can turn heat off and come back to finish vaporizing later.
The reducer kit does work.. I do not use it as habit... I "fill er up".
that is between .7 and 1.1 gram of meds... there is a video that shows me using the same gram for a few potent sessions at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/plenty-vaporizer.4657/page-55#post-1026136

Remember... long deep slow inhalations, after the temperature thing clicks off.
Then you can hold the switch again, so it will reheat, but keep taking long deep slow , even inhalations.

Razshiro

I get thicker more potent vapor from da buddha... Maybe if I filled it (I have been using the liquid pad in there) up completely I'd get better from the Plenty, but that is a lot of bud. Maybe the reducer would help... I'm just not getting much vapor from this at all. I see videos of people using it with their bud with the liquid pad, but I'm not getting the same result?

How much is like minimum to have quality vapor?

I tend to use around 0.2-0.3 at a time. What I'm used to at least. Reading this whole thread has me somewhat more informed and also more confused lol
I don't understand what I am doing wrong/ what I should be doing...

The reducer and capsule help a lot with micro dosing, but the Penty is Plenty :p,for me it works the best with full chamber (+/-0.8g) as Vitolo said or with less herbs (around 0.4g) and the liquid pad... But for micro dosing i prefer to use my Mighty with dosing capsule !!

Don't give up, try another strains if possible and enjoy the smooth hits of the Plenty !!

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Yea, don't give up on it yet, wait till it sinks it's teeth into you.
If you don't like it as is, I doubt the reducer will change that. It shines with the big chamber on with about .25 and up to 1.0.
In my "research", .25 - .30 in the large chamber with liquid pad on top was a better overall experience than .20 in the reducer or 2 micro capsules with .13 in each. Bowls of .5 - 1.0 are stupendous but that is alot of bud.

Vitolo

Vaporist
@outlawbuddha ... hopefully by today you will have had more fun with your Plenty.
I get thicker more potent vapor from da buddha...
When I was a newer vaporizer aficionado I thought that about my SSV.. And still do in fact...
BUT, that is a learned technique, and already mastered. We love our comfort zones.
When I tried the Plenty, I was dismayed at first.
Understanding the concept behind the heater and the load helped me think about the vape differently.
Some vapes need different speed or control over breath during inhalation.
At any rate I am trying to say that you can master the Plenty, and then if it is not your cup of tea, you can
replace/sell it.
For me to use my plenty, I have to be in the mood to get PLENTY medicated!

outlawbuddha

Worked so much better with it filled. And there might be some more mileage out of what's left from last night as I was done but the Plenty was not.
I was kinda hit with buyer's remorse till that first big hit of vapor. It is a different experience. Very tasty vapor. Thanks for helping me out. I do not hate my Plenty anymore.

Hey Nineteen

Worked so much better with it filled. And there might be some more mileage out of what's left from last night as I was done but the Plenty was not.
I was kinda hit with buyer's remorse till that first big hit of vapor. It is a different experience. Very tasty vapor. Thanks for helping me out. I do not hate my Plenty anymore.
Glad it worked out for you. The plenty is a savage monster, beast. I have the reducer, but I never use it. If I put a little bit of herb in the regular chamber and fully cover the bottom screen while holding it upright, so it doesn't move around, I am good to go.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I need the pad for my medium loads cause it is upright for the first half, pull the black tip off the coil, invert it and the silicone nestles perfect into my 14mm bubbler for the second half.
Whilst browsing The Container Store for vape carriers and stashes I spotted this Wine Bottle holder for your fridge,and it holds the Plenty perfectly for my needs. I added a pad grip pad on the bottom where the Plenty sits to keep it from sliding out,and that also somehow helps keep The Plenty upright when I put it on there, not leaning to the side. $9.00 total.
My Plenty session home setup:

Hey Nineteen

I need the pad for my medium loads cause it is upright for the first half, pull the black tip off the coil, invert it and the silicone nestles perfect into my 14mm bubbler for the second half.
Whilst browsing The Container Store for vape carriers and stashes I spotted this Wine Bottle holder for your fridge,and it holds the Plenty perfectly for my needs. I added a pad grip pad on the bottom where the Plenty sits to keep it from sliding out,and that also somehow helps keep The Plenty upright when I put it on there, not leaning to the side. $9.00 total.

My Plenty doesn't like being upside down. I tried it with the liquid pad but it wound up scorching the herb around the edges. I actually had to scrape the burnt herb off the metal. Now I just hook a Vapolution 3 whip to the coil and put the other end in a water pipe. I really like your setup.

Can I ask why you don't use the water pipe for the whole session? My sinuses suck so I like using water.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
My Plenty doesn't like being upside down. I tried it with the liquid pad but it wound up scorching the herb around the edges. I actually had to scrape the burnt herb off the metal. Now I just hook a Vapolution 3 whip to the coil and put the other end in a water pipe. I really like your setup.

Can I ask why you don't use the water pipe for the whole session? My sinuses suck so I like using water.
Thanks, weird about the burnt herb. I was leary about inverting it, but the fit was so perfect like it was meant to be, I figure, whats the worst that can happen.
I like to use step up heat cycles mentioned somewhere in this thread. My first heat cycle is 5.5, I like the taste of the early hits right from the coil. Pull off the whole chamber and gather my thoughts. Set to 7, hit the trigger, let heat, invert, boom. Water softens the blow of the high temp pulls and I'm usually struggling to finish. Not a pretty picture.

Fahrenheit450

I was just looking for a stand for my Plenty, and this looks like it will work perfectly! Thanks for the tip!

I found a link on their site, if anyone else is interested

https://www.containerstore.com/s/fridge-binz-wine-holder/d?productId=10029593&q=wine bottle holder

Vitolo

Vaporist
The vaporizer should not necessarily sit with the herb above the heater, as it does toast the load bit by bit.
I found a wonderful "stand" for the unit, and then it was pointed out to me by @ChooChooCharlie that there are 3 rubber pegs on one side of the Plenty for it to be laid down evenly, without the oven above the load.
My discovery for a plenty stand still gets used, however.
See it at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/plenty-vaporizer.4657/page-55#post-1026136

Skywalker420

hey guys
ordered my plenty yesterday and now I'm already looking for the right water adapter.. any suggestions?

Skywalker420,

aestheticsnob

Lord of the Sad and Lonely
Hi all! Would someone please be kind enough to measure for me the length/width of just the cooling coil with nothing attached (length while coiled, not length of the coil unspooled). Was thinking of building something around it but need the dimensions. Thank you!!

aestheticsnob,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi all! Would someone please be kind enough to measure for me the length/width of just the cooling coil with nothing attached (length while coiled, not length of the coil unspooled). Was thinking of building something around it but need the dimensions. Thank you!!
I'm a metric guy: + or - 10cm

PPN,
Top Bottom