Friend Man

Interesting! I'll give that a go right now! Though this herb has been vaping at a very low heat, i was getting decent clouds at 4 earlier and there was rarely anything left at 7. Should be good to go all in though!

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
We observe the Plenty in the wild, cloak of invisibility on, ready to pounce on the unsuspecting.

PF2wEBv.jpg

Another work day for the Plenty.
@ChooChooCharlie I did search high and low for a color coordinated Black & Decker pouch, still keeping my eyes peeled for one.

@Friend Man
:tup:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Last edited:

Friend Man

It's official, the caps are amazing! The Plenty is so much cleaner and easier to use now, even with resinous buds, and the caps themselves are robust and seem like they will last a long time. Using them is no trouble, and it's nice having your next 7 hits all lined up ready to go.

But best of all, I spent all of yesterday very 'up' and content, and I got through under half my normal Saturday amount. I don't know if it's because it's easier to keep track of how much I'm getting through (though I wasn't really keeping an eye on that), or if the effect is just that much more pronounced, but these things are ECONOMICAL, far past my expectations. I'm delighted, they've essentially doubled my crop :clap:

Aside: I was still having issues with light AVB and had tried everything, so I packed the regular Plenty bowl FULL of AVB from the reducer, and ran it through on 7, pulling for about 10 minutes...no more vapour, no more flavour, and it emerged as light as ever...I think this Jack OG just leaves light AVB? I mentioned earlier in the thread how it is all done by temp. 6 usually, which is strange for such resinous material, but there you go.

In any case sincere thanks to all for the recommendations and the tips! :bowdown:

Hey Nineteen

I have used my Plenty with the reducer and hated it. Weed would get sucked out the chamber and wind up everywhere. I have never tried it with capsules. I guess I will have to give that ago. I usually just use the big chamber and cover it lightly with a little weed and hold it steady and upright. That gets old though. Time to bust out those 5 capsules sitting in the drawer.

Hey Nineteen

biohacker

Former Plenty owner here, sold due to inefficiency and just wasn't down with using the pad. Just purchased a brand new Mighty + Crafty that I plan to use exclusively with the capsules, for portability.

Question - if I purchase the Plenty again for exclusive capsule use with the reducer, will I be able to get satisfying clouds? From the post above, it seems like complete convection extraction, but since the Plenty only goes up to 202c (why so low?), will it be as good as 210c on the Mighty? Will I need to use temp 7 exclusively like in the past?

I love S&B products, I kinda miss the Plenty, but now I wouldn't be using it with water as before, but just straight up with the coil. Kinda think it would be like a plug-in Mighty, but not sure if it would be redundant and a waste of money? Can't remember if the coil was cooler than the CU on the Mighty, but this seems like a desktop that wouldn't be prone to breaking that I could bust out on the patio and move about the house.

Nice to see the Plenty fans still digging it! But I do remember some negative posts on the capsules+reducer, and some not being a fan for some reason?

Time to bust out those 5 capsules sitting in the drawer.

Can't wait to hear your results!

Last edited:

Friend Man

Former Plenty owner here, sold due to inefficiency and just wasn't down with using the pad. Just purchased a brand new Mighty + Crafty that I plan to use exclusively with the capsules, for portability.

Question - if I purchase the Plenty again for exclusive capsule use with the reducer, will I be able to get satisfying clouds? From the post above, it seems like complete convection extraction, but since the Plenty only goes up to 202c (why so low?), will it be as good as 210c on the Mighty? Will I need to use temp 7 exclusively like in the past?

My Plenty seems to hit 230-240c, going by the gauge. It normally gets a more thorough toast than my Solo. I think I remember reading something about the old models not getting as hot?

Using caps I'm happy heating up to 7 and then screwing the cap on to get some big powerful hits, as outlined above, or starting around 4.5-5 and slowly building up, which diminishes the power of the pulls but lasts a lot longer.

There's definitely a technique or two to using the caps, mainly nippling the upper screen and filling them full.

biohacker

That's interesting considering S&B's own specs peg it at 202c MAX temp. Hmmmm, makes me curious if that temp gauge is the heat exchanger, but if you're getting more thorough toasting than the conduction Solo that say something right there.

I figured those techniques were required as I didn't get very good results with the capsules in the Mighty unless they were full or use of a spacer (mini pad). Sounds like the Plenty is no different which would make perfect sense, and yeah that nippled screen is crucial from my past experience.

Guess the Plenty is something I really need to invest in again! Beats beating the snot out of my Mighty batteries at home! Thanks for your input man!

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
From the post above, it seems like complete convection extraction, but since the Plenty only goes up to 202c (why so low?), will it be as good as 210c on the Mighty? Will I need to use temp 7 exclusively like in the past?
I love S&B products, I kinda miss the Plenty, but now I wouldn't be using it with water as before, but just straight up with the coil.
But I do remember some negative posts on the capsules+reducer, and some not being a fan for some reason?
I've asked @ChooChooCharlie about the temps and he said the Mighty can toast it a little more, but he did mention his Plenty is one of the older units
I may have been one of those less than pleased with the reducer and capsules. Mainly cause I was trying to use the Plenty as a micro dose machine. Loading .1 and less in the capsules figuring the hot air is passing through the capsule was enough.
Filling the capsule with .15 and nippling the screen, and of course heat level 7 sent the capsules to the next level for me.
Pure convection? Maybe some added conduction in there. Since it likes to have a fuller load in the capsule, like the Solo, and the capsules are metal , surrounded by the reducing chamber, which is metal. Just bringing that up cause I know your pretty thorough in vape evaluations.
Now I do want you to get a Plenty. Selfish reasons though. Mainly cause a Mighty keeps popping up on my VAS radar and I would love a current Plenty vs current Mighty comp. :tup:

biohacker

Thanks for your feedback! Have you tried the minipads in your capsule to microdose? That should do the trick to get under .1g easily?

Yeah there is some conduction and radiant heating forsure, but i've had good success with micros in the Solo? As long as there was a heatsoak, since it's primarily a conduction device. I do have vids on my youtube channel (biohack9)....I think I have a .05g hit on there using the GonG.

I've had the Plenty 2 or 3 times in the past, but didn't think I had great results with smaller loads, even using the pad, and back then I was mainly using it with water, but things have changed, and i'd use it native with the coil now, and the capsules have changed my perception of it, which is why i'm inquiring now.

I too had a piss poor experience with caps with my Mighty, but that's because I had the same experience as you, not packing them full enough, and just wasn't as "dense" as direct loading, getting what I think was more conduction from that conduction ring. But that was before they released the mini pads!

Honestly I think you should grab the Mighty, you will not be disappointed! It's a portable plenty, but digital!

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Thanks for your feedback! Have you tried the minipads in your capsule to microdose? That should do the trick to get under .1g easily?

I've had the Plenty 2 or 3 times in the past,

Honestly I think you should grab the Mighty, you will not be disappointed! It's a portable plenty, but digital!
Do you mean the tiny pads that fit inside the capsule that come with the oil/concentrate capsules? Not much room left for dry in there.
Or just that mini pad the size of the reducing chamber to do smaller loads without the capsules?

Your vape buying/selling ways remind me of my guitar pedal and amp buying ways. I've had quite a few pedals and amps I've bought, sold, wondered about and bought again, just to sell again. Vicious cycle that takes hold of me no matter what the interest. Guitar gear, Ukuleles, Vapes, does not matter. GAS is real.

It's been said if the Plenty were digital and could do some higher temps it would shit all over alot of vapes out there. I would love to be able to set the time I wanted it to run and the temp I wanted to hit.
I'm almost pretty sure a Mighty will land here eventually. Got most vape bases covered, time to go back and upgrade here and there.

biohacker

Yep those mini capsule oil pads is what I was referring to, mine are on their way to me, so I haven't seen or tested them out yet, but I was sure you would be able to put .05g under them? Otherwise, yeah the other pad on top of a load without capsule in the reduced chamber should work perfectly? It does with my Mighty.

Haha, yeah man i've got issues with VAS and buying/selling, it's just the evolution of my hobby as things change as I discover new things. Now my big thing is microdosing as macrodosing just wasn't sustainable long term and backfired.

It would be nice is S&B made some upgrades/tweaks to the Plenty, at least the price reduction was a nice first step! The Crafty/Mighty are getting better batteries, so hopefully they have something new in store for the Plenty too.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
:clap:
Give this guy a fucking cookie.
Why didn't I think of that?
OIbxRsU.jpg

My first load of the day. 3-4 decent pulls, not huge clouds, but there. Ten minutes later feeling it settle in.
These oil/concentrate capsules have now become relevant again, cause I sure wasn't going to use them for dabbing any time soon. They are perfect for recreating a full capsule and keep the swirling load pinned down.
Have to do some :sherlock: over the holiday to see the comfort level that can be put in there before becoming too tight.

Friend Man

That's interesting considering S&B's own specs peg it at 202c MAX temp. Hmmmm, makes me curious if that temp gauge is the heat exchanger, but if you're getting more thorough toasting than the conduction Solo that say something right there.

I figured those techniques were required as I didn't get very good results with the capsules in the Mighty unless they were full or use of a spacer (mini pad). Sounds like the Plenty is no different which would make perfect sense, and yeah that nippled screen is crucial from my past experience.

Guess the Plenty is something I really need to invest in again! Beats beating the snot out of my Mighty batteries at home! Thanks for your input man!

I got the Plenty because I didn't want to deal with batteries anymore too...but a Crafty, a Mighty AND a Plenty??? Don't let me stop you man, I love my Plenty, and lord knows they're a solid company*, but that's a lot of S&B! I would probably diversify just out of curiosity!:science:

*In fact I sent them an email yesterday saying one of the liquid pads in my wear n tear set had a loose wire sticking out. They got back to me today saying they are going to immediately UPS a new liquid pad set (2 pads) for free! Good guys

biohacker

I've diversified dozens of vapes over the past 11 years ;) The Crafty is for pocket stealth out and about, Mighty for backpack or cordless house, and the Plenty would be for not relying as heavily on the Mighty in the house :) Kind of like a battery-free Mighty!

Sounds like incredible customer service to me! You could have just snipped the wire though, but they want you to be happy so you get a set! Nice!

I'm assuming the reduced chamber without capsule but with that pad would work well for less than .1g?

ktmstick

20170308_123657_zpsx4uxiikp.jpg

I have the liquid pad in the bottom and a screen on top to make a mini capsule. I also have 1 that is a liquid pad pulled to bits, cut in half and re-balled and a screen in top to make a half cap.

I use these in my mighty and get about 0.07 in. The half one gets nearer to 0.15 you can compress it quite alot. I'll take a pic of how I load.
:clap:
Give this guy a fucking cookie.
Why didn't I think of that?
OIbxRsU.jpg

My first load of the day. 3-4 decent pulls, not huge clouds, but there. Ten minutes later feeling it settle in.
These oil/concentrate capsules have now become relevant again, cause I sure wasn't going to use them for dabbing any time soon. They are perfect for recreating a full capsule and keep the swirling load pinned down.
Have to do some :sherlock: over the holiday to see the comfort level that can be put in there before becoming too tight.[/

Friend Man

20170308_123657_zpsx4uxiikp.jpg

I have the liquid pad in the bottom and a screen on top to make a mini capsule. I also have 1 that is a liquid pad pulled to bits, cut in half and re-balled and a screen in top to make a half cap.

I use these in my mighty and get about 0.07 in. The half one gets nearer to 0.15 you can compress it quite alot. I'll take a pic of how I load.

This is nuts! How do you get the screen in like that?

Friend Man,

ktmstick

I take a standard screen and trim it to just slightly over size then press it in using the round bit of the poker tool. If I've done it right it locks in to the rim of the capsule. The one in the 2nd post is same idea but has a slit cut in the screen from one edge to the centre (pac man style) and pulled together and pushed in. With different amounts of liquid pad wire in the bottom I can make capsules of any size. Once I have made them they stay together permanently. Get iso soaked as they are. Some of them must be 6 months old and still in circulation. I only ever load direct in the mighty and crafty chamber when I'm in a group.

Top Bottom