Peggit

Building my own vape with a chamber that I can put in the freezer with some high heat retention material inside (meaning it also retains cold well). Imagine an OG brick with an ice compartment to cool down vapor.

Do I get this right: You want to improve the cooling unit/coil of your Plenty by making it freezable?

Peggit,

Vapppo

Vaping in Italy since too short!
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum (but have already red all of this thread) and relatively new to vaping... this is my first post here!

First off, let me thank all of you for sharing your experiences and knowledge, this has been very usueful for me as a new vaper.

I've been combusting (smoking both cigs and joints - mixed herb and tobacco -) for 15 years, i feel like i'm a heavy smoker and i never though i'd be able to fuck combustion one day. But that kind of happened and i'm pretty much amazed: this is a great goal for me, that's a first big thanks to this community.

So, a month ago, give or take, i purchased a Da Vinci Ascent: While it failed to deliver good vapor that could substitute my joints, the Ascent became a good way for me to extract some nicotine from my tobacco... It's not even close to smoking a cigarette but it delivers enough vapor and nicotine to please my necessities. A month later, i'm happy to report that i've not been smoking cigs since at least 3 weeks, just great!

Here is where the Plenty comes in: 10 days ago, while still realizing that i was actually ceasing using cigs, i told to myself that i should try the next step and avoid combustion for MJ as well. 10 years ago (maybe) i had the chance to use a Volcano at a friend's place. I was amazed by how high that thing made me but i never had the chance to try it again. The Volcano seemed my choice but being way to expensive and not being myself very keen to bags, i though that i had to find some alternatives. This thread brought me to the Plenty... i found one for 115 euro in ebay and immediately purchased it!

Just a couple of preliminary comments: I'm Italian, living in Italy where MJ is illegal and may be very hard to find and way more expensive then in other countries. Also, the quality of the product may vary significantly depdending on a number of factors. Vaping here is still very unusual and it's not easy to try vapes without purchasing them.

Beyond my willing to "fuck combustion" once and for all, i also need / want my vape to be very effective, hard hitter and efficient (as i do not have access to endless material).

How it works for me? As most of you have stated here, i believe the Plenty works great, delivering very nice, cold vape with good quality. I'm not an expert but it seems to produce even more vapor then what i remember from my first experience with the Volcano. The thing is that it looks like that vapor is not hitting me as hard as i would expect / hope / remember (from my Volcano experience).

It looks like smoking a joint between my vaping sessions helps the high a bit. Another aspect i'd like to bring your attention on is that my partner and my housemate (both long time smokers) got very baked after only one mini session (couple of draws each) with the plenty. I had their same session and got baked as well but just not the way the seemed and told. Both of them are full time cigs and joint smokers, not vapers.

I've tried packing it with .01 - .02 - 0.3 - .04 up to almost a full bowl with 1g. at all possible temperatures, with or without the liquid pad: i find the 7 temperature + liquid pad to be the most effective combo but i think i'm yet to find the way to make my sessions more effective (without using 1g of material).

Also, I've just received the reduced chamber and the dosing capsules, i hope these can help reaching my goals and i will try them as soon as i reach home later today.

Do you have suggestions on how to get more vapor from the Plenty? I'd like to use .02 /.03 per each session, and i'd love the Plenty to give more vapor, to hit me more.... I'm aiming to get as much high and vapor as possible.

Considering i'm a long time (former) smoker, do you think i should have purchased another vape? I'm also thinking of a Mighty for portable use, but i'd first need get more out of my plenty.

Thank you!

Carlos8400

One thing you should keep in mind, your body will still crave the nicotine and the combustion byproducts afer you vape cannabis alone. It might not be the vape that isn't strong enough, but your body not getting what it is used to.

I remember when i switched from smoking joints with tobacco to smoking pure cannabis, i felt like it wasn't getting as high without the tobacco. After a few weeks i got used to it and never missed it again.
I then switched to vaping, and once again i felt that vapor wasnt getting me as high, it felt like diet smoke. Once again, after a few days i got used to it and haven't smoked in 4 months.

Give it some time, the plenty is supposed to be a real beast!

Last edited:

Vapppo

Thank You Carlos8400, your reply is encouraging. I'll give it more time as per your suggestions...

One thing you should keep in mind, your body will still crave the nicotine and the combustion byproducts afer you vape cannabis alone. It might not be the vape that isn't strong enough, but your body not getting what it is used to.

That's my impression, and hope as well. I've been smoking very few puffs from my friends' joints lately, no combustion other than that.... I'd therefore expect my need for tobacco and combustion to fade away little by little. Or should I reduce the combustion to zero in order to complete the transition?

I then switched to vaping, and once again i felt that vapor wasnt getting me as high, it felt like diet smoke. Once again, after a few days i got used to it and haven't smoked in 4 months.

Yesterday i had to chance to do a couple of sessions with the reduced chamber (RC) and the dosing capsules (DC): I've to say that fully packing (0.2) the RC without the DC gave the best results with very good vapor production, thick and dense. I think i got about 10 - 12 satisfying draws out of that 0.2: had to pull the trigger 3 times with the last one producing only 2 flavourless draws with hardly visible vapor. So i'd say 10 good draws.

I think i'll keep trying the RC which so far seems to provide best results for my use of the Plenty, probably by adding some conduction heating. Now i hope my body will soon get used to this new way as, while i feel like i'm now getting higher out of the plenty, it all seems to last significantly less then combustion.

Last but not least: due of all of these attemps with the plenty, i've gathered like 6-8 grams of AVB - what do you suggest to do with this quantity of Plenty's AVB? As i said, i do not have access to endless material and i want to make the best out of my AVB but, being a new vaper, i'm even newer to AVB. I'd like to extract some hash out of it, that would be really amazing. Also oil or tintures but I'd prefer making some hash out of it. Can I get some decent hash out of 6-8 grams of Plenty's AVB?

Carlos8400

I would completely stop combusting, once you go a week or two with only vaping try a few puffs on a joint, see how bad it tastes and how horrible it feels on your throat! That's what did it for me. After a week of vaping i thought " ok, let me see if combusting hits me harder?" but the tast was so bad and so harsh i didn't even want to smoke again.

Regarding AVB, i always thought it would be a waste of time. The AVB that comes out of my Herborizer Ti (fyi best vape there is!) is so dark, i assumed it was free from cannabinoids.
But i recently did some AVB cookies, all i did was marinate the AVB (around 25g) an hour in the melted butter (bain marie), strained in a cloth, add to the recipe. It tasted pretty good and they were really strong.
I don't see how you can make hash with AVB, but cooking works a treat.

Vapppo

Thank you Carlos, i'll stick to your suggestion and stop combusting at all. It's not going to be difficoult because i can already smell the horrible burning taste out of joints, compared to the vapor of my plenty it's just so bad and harsh. I'll just have to say no thanks to all of my combusting friends around.

But i recently did some AVB cookies, all i did was marinate the AVB (around 25g) an hour in the melted butter (bain marie), strained in a cloth, add to the recipe. It tasted pretty good and they were really strong.
I don't see how you can make hash with AVB, but cooking works a treat.

I'm also concerned about how much i can get out of already vaped material, i think the plenty extracts pretty much all the goodies but i hope i can save some herb by using my AVB. Hi saw on this forum that QWISO is a good option but never tried it. Never tried any adibles at all (not made of my own stuff).

BTW i'm just giving a look to your vape, it looks great (but also expensive and kind of fragile).

Carlos8400

I'm also concerned about how much i can get out of already vaped material, i think the plenty extracts pretty much all the goodies but i hope i can save some herb by using my AVB. Hi saw on this forum that QWISO is a good option but never tried it. Never tried any adibles at all (not made of my own stuff).

BTW i'm just giving a look to your vape, it looks great (but also expensive and kind of fragile).

Trust me there are goodies left! I vape at high temperature, and my AVB is very dark, but there was still enough in there to really hit the two friends i ate the cookies with really hard!
Since they are both lightweights i had one first as a guinea pig, i was fine so they both ate a whole one.
45 minutes later they were both wrecked, bright red eyes, constant giggles, staring at nothing, the whole shebang! I have a higher tolerance so i had 3 total and i was pretty good.
Personally i am not a fan of edibles, i find them too random, but i cannot deny the fact that edibles with AVB work. From what i have read, even the most efficient of vapes will leave up to 30% of cannabinoids behind!

We used a recipe for 20 cookies or so, with 25gr of AVB infused in 200gr of melted butter for an hour.
Cool thing is you can just freeze the extra dough in small single portion balls, and then just bake however many cookies you want when need be.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

It's official. I'm a fan.

N42rzm7.jpg

Lord-Maou

My Plenty broke :(

Plastic ripped off the inner ring. Thought it was still usable but noticed I wasn't drawing anything up and when I attempted to a whistling sound came out. I think it might be kind of usable if I apply constant pressure to the missing area, but I'm not sure how weak and wasteful that will be.

A sad day today.

Lord-Maou,

Vitolo

Vaporist
My Plenty broke :(

Plastic ripped off the inner ring. Thought it was still usable but noticed I wasn't drawing anything up and when I attempted to a whistling sound came out. I think it might be kind of usable if I apply constant pressure to the missing area, but I'm not sure how weak and wasteful that will be.

A sad day today.
:cry: Sorry to hear this.
I believe you can just replace that part.

ChooChooCharlie

Plenty has a sturdy plastic body with twist down angled tabs. Very old school friction fitting.

Maybe we are not understanding the problem correctly?

I have myself stupidly snapped many "tabs" on the housings, but not on the main unit. I'm very surprised you could damage it.

ChooChooCharlie

@SloJimFizz - that Milwaukee tool pouch is a great idea!
Nice riff on the Plenty's design -- function fiercely dominates its form.
But, maybe the Black & Decker version would color coordinate better. :cool:

Shameless plug time:
The latch hook wall hanging was from a fellow FC member.
6,600 strands of yarn!
Send Patty a jpeg and she'll create the art::rockon::love:

http://customlatchhookart.yolasite.com

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
It looks like smoking a joint between my vaping sessions helps the high a bit. Another aspect i'd like to bring your attention on is that my partner and my housemate (both long time smokers) got very baked after only one mini session (couple of draws each) with the plenty. I had their same session and got baked as well but just not the way the seemed and told. Both of them are full time cigs and joint smokers, not vapers.

I am no expert with the Plenty, but have used it quite a few times as my mate has one.

What you describe is exactly my experience with the plenty. Even when packed full without the spacer/concentrate pad it does not hit me like other people describe (ie a super hard hitter). It works, but not great (for me-my mate loves it, of course). I believe it is a case of vape signature compatability. For me, the plenty seems to have only a light effect. Maybe similar for you?

Every vape I own has a different effect (vape signature). Partly why i own so many.

The fact the reducer makes the plenty work better for you may be an indication of this (more conduction as you say). I often wondered if that would be the case and almost bought my mate a reducer (so i could try it out too....) but he wasn't interested.

Considering i'm a long time (former) smoker, do you think i should have purchased another vape? I'm also thinking of a Mighty for portable use, but i'd first need get more out of my plenty.

I am a big advocate of having a variety of different types of vapes. I choose my vape based on mood and what type of effect I am looking for. I haven't tried a mighty, but have read that the reducer make the Plenty similar to a mighty (S&B experts please chime in) so i would recommend a different vape.

Finally, as an ex smoker (as i am) i highly recommend a vape that can go high temp, up to 230c as I found that high temp vapor tended to get much closer to the effects of smoking. I won't make recommendations as there are heaps out there, but I hope that this info is helpful.

ChooChooCharlie

Just shows to go ya, different strokes for different folks.

General assorted comments follow, much I have mentioned before. Just like to babble about the Plenty.

I love the reducer and capsules. Loaded with stock chamber just once during past last year, to use up some lesser herb. Took two sessions to finish, because I wimped out halfway through.

Capsule/reducer for me is more convenient, and can get the goods in fewer draws than the same capsule in Mighty. About three times the volumetric flow, Plenty over Mighty, so slow down your draw. Slow and steady wins with smaller loads -- I mean you will get better cloudage drawing slow and long. With my GH, it's fast and long, exhausting sometimes. See prior comment about wimping out.

If anyone out there is like me, and does a hot swap with a fresh capsule after the first -- it freaked me at first, the sudden restricted draw with new capsule. After a few seconds draw is free again. Moisture in herb keeps it clumped and restricts flow for a while. Fun.

And, please, please, don't make the chamber changing mistake I made more than once. Push up from under to remove, not down. Once you break off one of those orange tabs, you're screwed if you want the nice convenient upside down dumping of a spent capsule after a session. The whole searingly hot metal chamber will fall out too -- do NOT try to catch it. Yup, done that too.

Try nipplelizing the upper screen outward. Will hold herb in place with reducer if not using capsules. Also holds capsule in place if you are using them -- wouldn't want air getting past side of a loose capsule, which would certainly decrease density.

bobo305

wow, the plenty was my 1st desktop vape and still my favorite. it punches you in the head so I am baffled by the comments of ineffective results. it's YOU, not the plenty. it works the same for me every time for 4 years 3 times a day. its virtually impossible to screw it up so what the heck are these dudes doing?

ChooChooCharlie

@bobo305 - nice how you've gotten so much enjoyment from the Plenty over the years. I always feel like a noob user when reading posts like yours.

I can understand how folks transitioning from combustion to vaping struggle with a few dynamics. Like temperature. I'm convinced there's a brain/mouth self trained connection between warmer temperatures and better sensation of taste. Think it carries over unconsciously from our experiences with warm food and warm liquids.

They tried to replicate the volcano bag experience without the bag or noise:
  • Near zero draw resistance
  • Near zero variation between loads
  • Near zero chance of charring
  • Near zero delta of vapor temp vs room temp
  • Near zero technique required

Similar success copying the Volcano's durability:
  • Near zero maintenance
  • Near zero malfunctions

Alas, a fully loaded user fully loads chambers:
  • Near zero efficiency
Continual improvement through quiet design changes:
  • Near zero publicity or explanation
  • Near zero complaints from me
Anemic sales:
  • Near zero attractiveness in design
  • Near zero feeling of true portable freedom

Vitolo

Vaporist
Once in a while, with my personal medication needs, I need the maximum punch (of hot air)
through the largest thickest target of herb I can make fit and seal!
No contradiction on what you said .. generally speaking.
Just mentioning that sometimes result of a fully loaded chamber:
  • Efficiently THC Saturated Vito:ko:

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

One of my many issues is a nit-picking variation on OCD.

This is a still from a well known vape critic's video.

l1aSqbnm.jpg

Why can't he twist the coil so it's out of the way?
Those 3 rubber feet on one side should all rest flat.

J3lRG9nm.jpg

I can imagine someone stepping on his Plenty, possibly snapping something.

Side comment -- please ensure the coil is fully twist/shoved in as far as it will go. Very annoying when coil pops off mid session. Helps to twist the silicone sleeve right to coil's edge before insertion. That sleeve will age and lose its grippiness, so change it every year. By the way, what happened to the critic's sleeve? Odd.

Rant over.

Top Bottom