• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

PlanetVape.ca - Canada's Destination for the Best Vapes on the Planet

lol I had to look it up. http://www.planetvape.ca/extract-cartridge-water-tool-adapter-ecwta.html
Extract Cartridge Water Tool Adapter (ECWTA)

I always have to look up OF's abbreviations cause I forget and he uses the same ones all the time.
Breezed right past that one, thanks Dreamerr.

Has anyone tried the ECWTA on the bub joined to a Solo Stealth Adapter so as to keep the Solo upright and allow the preheat to rise up and permeate the herb before drawing ? This would also allow the ECWTA to be used to clear the bub.

EDIT: I had never thought to try this route, and of course now that I'm interested in trying it the Stealth Adapter is out of stock :argh:

PV Stealth Adapters have been out of stock for a while, but PV said they'd be coming back as a PVHES variant.

I've thought of doing this as well. But it's easy enough to do with the PV GonG or even stock stems. Just stand or hold the Solo upright for 30-45 seconds prior to inserting into your bubbler. You can tell a greater degree of conduction is occurring like this, but really good for small loads or caching the end.

kingofnull,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I was mentioning this more as a way to possibly deal with loose fitting stems and avoiding the handling of a hot loose stem. As well, I figure it would be a safer alternative for those with non straight up style attachment bubs (both for risk of a topple over or breaking the joint with an offset weight).

smokum,

Vitolo

Vaporist

We need an "eating Doritos" emoticon.

3444525_o.gif

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Gotcha... I always lift by the stem to clear, so that's why I was confused.

Have you had any luck yet or did you give up?

:peace:

i have given up temporarily... the stock stem does milk my bubbler as i went back to make sure i was not crazy. my only issue is the airflow is a bit too tight and it's too long... i like the shortness of the GonG. as for the airflow.... i may be able to deal with that sice i get good hits and even ABV.

Menz, try taking of the cap from the Solo after a session, while it's hot, and press the teflon ring, with the Solo upside down, on a table top. That will flatten the ring a bit and the stem will get tight in there. If you need to loosen it again just wiggle the stem while in the bowl and it will open up again. You can do this anytime... :tup:

if i do this for the GonG to fit tighter... my stock stems wont fit cause its tight in there now. i may try this once just to give the GonG another try but i am slowly getting more disappointed in it.

mmenzie,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
I personally like the shorie bowl size, it gets me 4-5 good solid hits and my ABV is much darker and more even than the stock stem. Unless I am trying to go for a huge load, I prefer the smaller size so I can conserve and still get plenty medicated from the sesh. Each of us have different needs, so I am glad to have the option to go smaller.
That is exactly why we make them. Life is all about choices, some like regular sized bowls, some love the shortys. Even though they hold 30% less material, the load is further down towards the magic heat zone and extraction is much more thorough.

Hey Jam, you don't find just loading less in the stock works?
Not as well as you are moving the load away from the heat source.

Got my PVHES GonG today. First thought...Its much looser to get in than the stock GonG.
It's funny you say that though, I was just about to post how my PVHES GonG is a much tighter fit than the regular PV GonG.
i have a slightly loose fit so i am often worried when i lift it out of my bubbler the GonG is going to stay in the bubbler
All Arizer stems are handmade glass. There is a given variance that will make some tighter and some looser. We don't do anything to the stems that affect their diameter and thus fit from stock. In measuring the diameter of a lot of stems with calipers, we have observed a 5% variance in diameters, which is a lot on this small of a scale. Until Arizer makes the stems more accurate, which will raise the cost, the battle between loose and tight will be there.

Only our new PVHES Straight Turbo, PVHES Straight Turbo Shorty, PVHEGonG Turbo and PVHEGonG Turbo Shorty are made entirely by us and will fit perfect every time as they are made with much tighter tolerances to avoid loose and tight to fit just right.

PVHES GonG + Solo + my favorite bub = :D

Great job, PV. :clap:

:peace:
Thanks Stu, we get a lot of great feedback on them, glad to have everyone be able to enjoy their Solo through their favorite bub with less restriction.

For two minutes maybe. I just checked and all out again. Straight reg and turbo.:cuss:

I will, when I have time, call and give my full order and tell them to hold it till they have everything. They must be real small cause stuff stays in stock for like five minutes.
Sorry about that Dreamerr, we fill wholesale orders from the same stock pool and depending on the order, it can wipe out our stock quickly. Get in touch with us through our contact us page and we will try our best to get you what you need and answer any questions.

I just wanted to thank PV for being great with me ordering the INH, a Santa Cruz 4pc medium Shredder and some INH and Solo screens as well as the amazing Boveda Humidipaks. The package arrived in just a week from Canada (?!?!) and the Doritos were also amazing! :p The don't carry that taste (cheese) here in Greece... :D

As a side note, the fine Inhalater screens are a tad smaller than they should be so they don't stay put easily and fall off... I will instead use them only for topping the load in the mouthpiece.
Great to hear you are enjoying your new goodies and Doritos. Thanks for the feedback on the fine Inhalater screens, we initially made them for the capsules, but more people are wanting a finer screen at the bottom of the heat chamber where even the stock screen can fall out from, we are working on a fix. Thanks again for your order and support.

Has anyone tried the ECWTA on the bub joined to a Solo Stealth Adapter so as to keep the Solo upright and allow the preheat to rise up and permeate the herb before drawing ? This would also allow the ECWTA to be used to clear the bub.

EDIT: I had never thought to try this route, and of course now that I'm interested in trying it the Stealth Adapter is out of stock :argh:
Great idea smokum, the Stealth Adapters are getting a PVHES makeover and will be back shortly.

i have given up temporarily... the stock stem does milk my bubbler as i went back to make sure i was not crazy. my only issue is the airflow is a bit too tight and it's too long... i like the shortness of the GonG. as for the airflow.... i may be able to deal with that sice i get good hits and even ABV.
Hi mmenzie,
Get in touch with us through our contact us page, we can help, you just need to ask.

Inhalater XP pre orders are currently available, choose your color, lots of excitement and anticipation for the Inhalater XP - https://www.planetvape.ca/inhalater-xp.html

Peace and Love,
PV

PlanetHaze,
Reactions: Vitolo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Sorry about that Dreamerr, we fill wholesale orders from the same stock pool and depending on the order, it can wipe out our stock quickly. Get in touch with us through our contact us page and we will try our best to get you what you need and answer any questions.

Peace and Love,
PV

Thank you I will

Dreamerr,

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
I do get great service and prices from PV but never tasty packing materials. I still love the nice people at PV. I have no clue how they knew I can't eat Doritos anyway lol .... However the "air packs" do taste OK if I put some salsa on them. :)

mmenzie

Hi mmenzie, Get in touch with us through our contact us page, we can help, you just need to ask.

ok i did what you suggested. i am not really sure how you can help as the PVHES GonG works... per se.... it just IMO does not work anywhere near as well as when i use the stock stem in my bubbler. with the PVHES GonG the bowls do not last near as long either, and the ABV does not cook evenly.

maybe my hopes were just too high for the PVHES GonG?? i am really not good at cutting videos but maybe i will try later to make a video using my SOLO with my bubbler using the stock stem and the PVHES GonG. i will try but it will be way too long as i do not know how to do the fancy editing stuff

mmenzie,
ok i did what you suggested. i am not really sure how you can help as the PVHES GonG works... per se.... it just IMO does not work anywhere near as well as when i use the stock stem in my bubbler. with the PVHES GonG the bowls do not last near as long either, and the ABV does not cook evenly.

maybe my hopes were just too high for the PVHES GonG?? i am really not good at cutting videos but maybe i will try later to make a video using my SOLO with my bubbler using the stock stem and the PVHES GonG. i will try but it will be way too long as i do not know how to do the fancy editing stuff

Really? I've had the exact opposite experience with my PVHES GonG. A session seems to last just as long as with the stock GonG, but ABV is notably more evenly cooked through. With the stock GonG, I can see the colour 'gradient' from the top to the bottom of the bowl/stem. I don't need to stir with the PVHES GonG. :shrug:

edit: ah I see, you're comparing the PVHES GonG to the stock stem. I haven't used my stock stems much with a waterpipe... but I did notice the hits were a lot airier, because the connection isn't airtight. Could be why your sessions seemed to last longer with the stock stem.

mmenzie, I'm curious what PV's suggestion was?

All Arizer stems are handmade glass. There is a given variance that will make some tighter and some looser. We don't do anything to the stems that affect their diameter and thus fit from stock. In measuring the diameter of a lot of stems with calipers, we have observed a 5% variance in diameters, which is a lot on this small of a scale. Until Arizer makes the stems more accurate, which will raise the cost, the battle between loose and tight will be there.

Only our new PVHES Straight Turbo, PVHES Straight Turbo Shorty, PVHEGonG Turbo and PVHEGonG Turbo Shorty are made entirely by us and will fit perfect every time as they are made with much tighter tolerances to avoid loose and tight to fit just right.

Peace and Love,
PV

Indeed, I was merely noting my experience with different size variances.

Does that mean the PVHEGonG Turbo that are on PV now your construction, or Arizer base?

kingofnull,

If you comparing the PVHES GonG to your stock stems I'm going to bet your sucking too hard. The airflow is EXTREMELY improved with the PVHES. You need to have a more steady and slow suck on it. IMHO the PVHES fixed my airflow 100% almost too much lol. But I just don't suck as hard or have to tilt my stem in any way. I would try packing it a little more and sucking with a little less strength then get back to us. Oh and your sessions aren't lasting as long because there is still more in your bowl(seeing as you say it is still green towards the top).

This is the greatest improvement for me. I love not having to tilt my Solo or waterpipe to get a good airflow.
Same here. I can get pretty good airflow with my stock PV GonG but tilting the stem. But since I got the PVHES I just don't have to do that anymore and I actually get better airflow. That's why I said that might be his problem. Because especially through a waterpipe you most definitely suck harder than usual.

VapeNStone,
Same here. I can get pretty good airflow with my stock PV GonG but tilting the stem. But since I got the PVHES I just don't have to do that anymore and I actually get better airflow. That's why I said that might be his problem. Because especially through a waterpipe you most definitely suck harder than usual.

I can finally use my bubbler hands free :D

mmenzie

If you comparing the PVHES GonG to your stock stems I'm going to bet your sucking too hard. The airflow is EXTREMELY improved with the PVHES. You need to have a more steady and slow suck on it. IMHO the PVHES fixed my airflow 100% almost too much lol. But I just don't suck as hard or have to tilt my stem in any way. I would try packing it a little more and sucking with a little less strength then get back to us. Oh and your sessions aren't lasting as long because there is still more in your bowl(seeing as you say it is still green towards the top).

i already suck alot slower and steadier with the PVHES GonG from the start. i figured there would be an increase in airflow and i would have to adjust. it did not make a difference. i have tried variation of draws from slow to hard and everything in between and same disappointing results everytime

mmenzie,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
i already suck alot slower and steadier with the PVHES GonG from the start. i figured there would be an increase in airflow and i would have to adjust. it did not make a difference. i have tried variation of draws from slow to hard and everything in between and same disappointing results everytime

I wonder if something isn't right with your stem, as this is the first I have seen anyone say that it didnt' improve the air flow... maybe you should contact PV about it, get it worked out.

jambandphan03,

mmenzie

I wonder if something isn't right with your stem, as this is the first I have seen anyone say that it didnt' improve the air flow... maybe you should contact PV about it, get it worked out.

you may be confused. i was just respoding to vapenstone that i was drawing slow and steady with the new PVHES GonG. there IS an increased airflow compared to the stock stem... i am just having other issues that listed somewhere that is making me disappointed with it. i did reach out to PV as they said i should. awaiting reply

mmenzie

mmenzie, I'm curious what PV's suggestion was?

well their suggestions were unfortunatly not much help as i already do these things. their suggestiosn were:

1) Don't lift the solo out of the bubbler without a finger on the GonG so that they stay together and the GonG does not seperate from the solo and releasing the stored up heat - i already do leave a finger on the GonG.... i have to because it is soooo loose (compared to my tight stock stem that i do not have leave a finger on) that i know it will separate from the solo and stay in my bubbler if i don't hold on to it

2) they suggested my grind is not find enough. - i have about 5 grinders and and never had an issue with my grind level and i even use an acrylic Storz & Bickel volcano grinder that grids my flowers to almost a dust like consistency. this is the grinder i use the most. so if the grind is the issue i am not sure how to get it any finer that it does. Besides.... the grind was never an issue with the stock stem in the bubbler.

that was their suggestions. not much for me to try. i did make a video comparing my stock stem and the PVHES GonG in my bubbler HOWEVER.... i did not realize till after i watched it that my bathrobe sleeve gets partially in the way when using the GonG. i have some clear shots of my bubbler all filled with milky vapor using my stock stem. there are a few seconds where you can see how NOT milky my bubbler is using the GonG but i wasn't sure it was good enough to post up here. i may have to re-do the video tonight

mmenzie,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
I do get great service and prices from PV but never tasty packing materials. I still love the nice people at PV. I have no clue how they knew I can't eat Doritos anyway lol .... However the "air packs" do taste OK if I put some salsa on them. :)
Hi Fully Melted,
Sorry about that, sometimes we just run out of tasty packing materials, please let us know next time so we can make sure to fix you up.

Does that mean the PVHEGonG Turbo that are on PV now your construction, or Arizer base?
Current stock is a mix of both. You can request a certain version until the Arizer based ones are gone.

Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions in trying to help mmenzie, they are greatly appreciated. It is so nice to see experienced and knowledgeable forum members give their time to help others.

Thanks again,
PV

Armerad

Dabbin'
What additions are hoping on adding to the Solo accessory family within the next month or so? I plan on buying stems, but I don't want to miss out on any of the new variants I've been hearing about.

Armerad,
Top Bottom