1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

PlanetVape.ca - Canada's Destination for the Best Vapes on the Planet

Discussion in 'Supporting Retailers' started by PlanetVape, Oct 6, 2011.

1. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

Breezed right past that one, thanks Dreamerr.

PV Stealth Adapters have been out of stock for a while, but PV said they'd be coming back as a PVHES variant.

I've thought of doing this as well. But it's easy enough to do with the PV GonG or even stock stems. Just stand or hold the Solo upright for 30-45 seconds prior to inserting into your bubbler. You can tell a greater degree of conduction is occurring like this, but really good for small loads or caching the end.

2. smokum

smokum I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!

I was mentioning this more as a way to possibly deal with loose fitting stems and avoiding the handling of a hot loose stem. As well, I figure it would be a safer alternative for those with non straight up style attachment bubs (both for risk of a topple over or breaking the joint with an offset weight).

3. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

[​IMG]

4. mmenzie

mmenzie My friends call me "Menz"

i have given up temporarily... the stock stem does milk my bubbler as i went back to make sure i was not crazy. my only issue is the airflow is a bit too tight and it's too long... i like the shortness of the GonG. as for the airflow.... i may be able to deal with that sice i get good hits and even ABV.

if i do this for the GonG to fit tighter... my stock stems wont fit cause its tight in there now. i may try this once just to give the GonG another try but i am slowly getting more disappointed in it.

5. PlanetVape

PlanetVape Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself Retailer

That is exactly why we make them. Life is all about choices, some like regular sized bowls, some love the shortys. Even though they hold 30% less material, the load is further down towards the magic heat zone and extraction is much more thorough.

Not as well as you are moving the load away from the heat source.

All Arizer stems are handmade glass. There is a given variance that will make some tighter and some looser. We don't do anything to the stems that affect their diameter and thus fit from stock. In measuring the diameter of a lot of stems with calipers, we have observed a 5% variance in diameters, which is a lot on this small of a scale. Until Arizer makes the stems more accurate, which will raise the cost, the battle between loose and tight will be there.

Only our new PVHES Straight Turbo, PVHES Straight Turbo Shorty, PVHEGonG Turbo and PVHEGonG Turbo Shorty are made entirely by us and will fit perfect every time as they are made with much tighter tolerances to avoid loose and tight to fit just right.

Thanks Stu, we get a lot of great feedback on them, glad to have everyone be able to enjoy their Solo through their favorite bub with less restriction.

Sorry about that Dreamerr, we fill wholesale orders from the same stock pool and depending on the order, it can wipe out our stock quickly. Get in touch with us through our contact us page and we will try our best to get you what you need and answer any questions.

Great to hear you are enjoying your new goodies and Doritos. Thanks for the feedback on the fine Inhalater screens, we initially made them for the capsules, but more people are wanting a finer screen at the bottom of the heat chamber where even the stock screen can fall out from, we are working on a fix. Thanks again for your order and support.

Great idea smokum, the Stealth Adapters are getting a PVHES makeover and will be back shortly.

Hi mmenzie,
    Get in touch with us through our contact us page, we can help, you just need to ask.

Inhalater XP pre orders are currently available, choose your color, lots of excitement and anticipation for the Inhalater XP - https://www.planetvape.ca/inhalater-xp.html

Peace and Love,
    PV

Vitolo likes this.
  6. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

Thank you I will

7. Fully Melted

Fully Melted It's OK to enjoy your medicine.

I do get great service and prices from PV but never tasty packing materials. I still love the nice people at PV. I have no clue how they knew I can't eat Doritos anyway lol .... However the "air packs" do taste OK if I put some salsa on them. :)

Bob Loblaw, natural farmer and Tweek like this.
  8. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

Would you like some Salsa with your Salsa?

Bob Loblaw likes this.
  9. mmenzie

ok i did what you suggested. i am not really sure how you can help as the PVHES GonG works... per se.... it just IMO does not work anywhere near as well as when i use the stock stem in my bubbler. with the PVHES GonG the bowls do not last near as long either, and the ABV does not cook evenly.

maybe my hopes were just too high for the PVHES GonG?? i am really not good at cutting videos but maybe i will try later to make a video using my SOLO with my bubbler using the stock stem and the PVHES GonG. i will try but it will be way too long as i do not know how to do the fancy editing stuff

10. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

Really? I've had the exact opposite experience with my PVHES GonG. A session seems to last just as long as with the stock GonG, but ABV is notably more evenly cooked through. With the stock GonG, I can see the colour 'gradient' from the top to the bottom of the bowl/stem. I don't need to stir with the PVHES GonG. :shrug:

edit: ah I see, you're comparing the PVHES GonG to the stock stem. I haven't used my stock stems much with a waterpipe... but I did notice the hits were a lot airier, because the connection isn't airtight. Could be why your sessions seemed to last longer with the stock stem.

mmenzie, I'm curious what PV's suggestion was?

Indeed, I was merely noting my experience with different size variances.

Does that mean the PVHEGonG Turbo that are on PV now your construction, or Arizer base?

11. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

If you comparing the PVHES GonG to your stock stems I'm going to bet your sucking too hard. The airflow is EXTREMELY improved with the PVHES. You need to have a more steady and slow suck on it. IMHO the PVHES fixed my airflow 100% almost too much lol. But I just don't suck as hard or have to tilt my stem in any way. I would try packing it a little more and sucking with a little less strength then get back to us. Oh and your sessions aren't lasting as long because there is still more in your bowl(seeing as you say it is still green towards the top).

kingofnull likes this.
  12. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

This is the greatest improvement for me. I love not having to tilt my Solo or waterpipe to get a good airflow.

VapeNStone likes this.
  13. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

Same here. I can get pretty good airflow with my stock PV GonG but tilting the stem. But since I got the PVHES I just don't have to do that anymore and I actually get better airflow. That's why I said that might be his problem. Because especially through a waterpipe you most definitely suck harder than usual.

14. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

I can finally use my bubbler hands free :D

natural farmer likes this.
  15. mmenzie

i already suck alot slower and steadier with the PVHES GonG from the start. i figured there would be an increase in airflow and i would have to adjust. it did not make a difference. i have tried variation of draws from slow to hard and everything in between and same disappointing results everytime

16. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

I wonder if something isn't right with your stem, as this is the first I have seen anyone say that it didnt' improve the air flow... maybe you should contact PV about it, get it worked out.

17. mmenzie

you may be confused. i was just respoding to vapenstone that i was drawing slow and steady with the new PVHES GonG. there IS an increased airflow compared to the stock stem... i am just having other issues that listed somewhere that is making me disappointed with it. i did reach out to PV as they said i should. awaiting reply

jambandphan03 likes this.
  18. mmenzie

well their suggestions were unfortunatly not much help as i already do these things. their suggestiosn were:

1) Don't lift the solo out of the bubbler without a finger on the GonG so that they stay together and the GonG does not seperate from the solo and releasing the stored up heat - i already do leave a finger on the GonG.... i have to because it is soooo loose (compared to my tight stock stem that i do not have leave a finger on) that i know it will separate from the solo and stay in my bubbler if i don't hold on to it

2) they suggested my grind is not find enough. - i have about 5 grinders and and never had an issue with my grind level and i even use an acrylic Storz & Bickel volcano grinder that grids my flowers to almost a dust like consistency. this is the grinder i use the most. so if the grind is the issue i am not sure how to get it any finer that it does. Besides.... the grind was never an issue with the stock stem in the bubbler.

that was their suggestions. not much for me to try. i did make a video comparing my stock stem and the PVHES GonG in my bubbler HOWEVER.... i did not realize till after i watched it that my bathrobe sleeve gets partially in the way when using the GonG. i have some clear shots of my bubbler all filled with milky vapor using my stock stem. there are a few seconds where you can see how NOT milky my bubbler is using the GonG but i wasn't sure it was good enough to post up here. i may have to re-do the video tonight

19. PlanetVape

PlanetVape Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself Retailer

Hi Fully Melted,
    Sorry about that, sometimes we just run out of tasty packing materials, please let us know next time so we can make sure to fix you up.

Current stock is a mix of both. You can request a certain version until the Arizer based ones are gone.

Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions in trying to help mmenzie, they are greatly appreciated. It is so nice to see experienced and knowledgeable forum members give their time to help others.

Thanks again,
    PV

Fully Melted and jambandphan03 like this.
  20. Frederick McGuire

Frederick McGuire Aggressively Loungey

Is there any way to tell a PV only stem from a Hybrid one? Or are they essentially identical?

BTW, the flavour of Doritos I got is basically my favourite Munchie ever... Get out of my mind PV :tinfoil: (imagine that's a smiling paranoid emoticon ;))

21. Armerad

Armerad Puffin'

What additions are hoping on adding to the Solo accessory family within the next month or so? I plan on buying stems, but I don't want to miss out on any of the new variants I've been hearing about.

22. Malloy1

Malloy1 Member

when do you guys think youll have 18mm pvhes

23. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

I thought they had some in stock this morning...

24. weedemon

weedemon enthusiast

website is down? :(

25. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

Aye weedemon it seems to be. I think it was also down the other day. I haven't checked since then, hopefully it hasn't been down this whole time.

weedemon likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors