1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

PlanetVape.ca - Canada's Destination for the Best Vapes on the Planet

Discussion in 'Supporting Retailers' started by PlanetVape, Oct 6, 2011.

1. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

See above, I edited my post. I've never broken a Solo stem before today.

The new PVHES GonGs are definitely different from the other PV GonGs. Different edges etc.

2. photobooth

photobooth Well-Known Member

Has any one ordered just a stem from PV? If so, how big was the package? I'm just curious if it'll fit in my tiny mailbox or I'll have to pick up at the post office.

3. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

I think all small items come in the same sized box. I ordered a stem and an 18>14 reducer and it came in the same sized box as a every other small order. I do believe you can contact them ahead of time (or in the form when you check out) and have them package differently.

edit: I just spoke with Planet Vape - they're already sending me out a new one. I should have it tomorrow :D

God I LOVE this company!

4. PlanetVape

PlanetVape Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself Retailer

Yes, we will have a super special on a great connoisseurs vape!

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support.

Hi Dreamerr,
    Those are down the list a bit, still an idea on paper, FC Bubbler and f-Bomb are next.

Hi kingofnull,
    The PVHES/GonGs need to be inserted straight on to the Solo in a straight line with the heating chamber. Putting too much force on one edge causes that stress fracture. A tight fitting bowl is also a possible cause. No worries either way.

They ship in a small box to provide excellent protection (and room for chips), probably will not fit in a small mailbox.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, enjoy your holidays.
    PV

5. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

PV keep on rocking out! :rockon:

Which vape is going to be on sale?!

tharealmclovin and 559stonerr like this.
  6. PlanetVape

The Bender is our Black Friday Special, 119.95
    www.planetvape.ca more information on our homepage.
    PV

Vitolo and JCat like this.
  7. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

I guess I'd also need the Persei and the Hammer for the Bender?

Vitolo likes this.
  8. PlanetVape

The Bender Kit includes the 1200F Hammer Rod, so you would just need the Persei to have a portable all glass loose leaf herbal vaporizer.
    PV

Vitolo likes this.
  9. timmahsan

timmahsan treEnt

Hi all,

I am patiently awaiting a straight shorty, been checking for the last few days. I see that there is a bent shorty turbo. Can anyone describe the differences between the bent shorty and the bent shorty turbo? I am primarily looking for smaller bowl loads.

Thanks!

10. VAPORIZER22

VAPORIZER22 Well-Known Member

The turbo stems just have one large hole instead of the four small holes.

11. timmahsan

timmahsan treEnt

Are the turbo shorties, similar in bowl size when compared to the regular shorty? I am assuming yes.

I'm still going to probably hold off on a decision till I use the stock ones (the solo is in the mail.)

Thanks for the input so far :)

12. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

The bowl size will likely be slightly larger on the Turbo Shorty than the regular Shorty, but not by much.

13. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

The reasons the shorty is in stock, IMHO, is cause the bowl size is small. The normal size is small and you really don't need to go smaller. You also don't have to fully load. I am waiting on the regular to come in stock but may get the turbo bent since I think that was the only one they had.

14. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

I'm thinking the same. I'd only buy a shorty if I didn't have any other PVHES and there was no others in stock. But I guess any PVHES is better than no PVHES.

15. timmahsan

timmahsan treEnt

OK, so sounds like turbo or not, shorties have a smaller bowl. Sounds like it is what I am looking for. Thanks king and dreamerr!

16. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

Yep, that's the only thing that makes them 'Shorty' - a shorter bowl. Np and good luck!

17. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

I personally like the shorie bowl size, it gets me 4-5 good solid hits and my ABV is much darker and more even than the stock stem. Unless I am trying to go for a huge load, I prefer the smaller size so I can conserve and still get plenty medicated from the sesh. Each of us have different needs, so I am glad to have the option to go smaller.

PlanetVape likes this.
  18. Dreamerr

Hey Jam, you don't find just loading less in the stock works? Also do you use a fine grind? My stem holds less or just about half of the INH capsule. To me that is small and that is the stock stem. This is just sucked in to the capsule or into the stem, no tamping.

19. jambandphan03

I do load about half a stock stem when using the larger size,most of the time. I just like that the shortie bowl puts the herb much closer to the SS core, when loaded. When I 1/2 pack a regular stem, it has some space between the herb and the heat so I find my load is darker on the outside and lighter on the inside, just a little less even, but really it's so minor I don't usually spend much time thinking about it.

20. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

Or dome the screen :shrug:. Mind you, not everyone uses screens.

21. jambandphan03

The dome screen is good too, forgot about that one. I use an inside screen, and cap my loads with a screen if I will be using the solo out and about, upright. If at home on the bub, I will not bother capping it with a screen because its all upside down anyway. I do prefer to keep the herb from making contact with the SS bowl directly, flavor suffers too quickly when that is happening.

natural farmer and kingofnull like this.
  22. Dreamerr

Hmmmmmmm that is why you dome screens for below the herb...ok will try that. I had a heck of a time cleaning the ss bottom last night. I evidently burnt herb or something onto the ss surface. It could have been the cotton but in either respect it took forever to clean.

I wasn't using a screen at the beginning and didn't mind getting herb in my mouth sometimes but the airflow is better with the screen. I can't figure out why. I also have screens with fairly big holes so the herb can still get through sometimes. Do people dome the screen on the hole side then load the herb as well?

natural farmer and kingofnull like this.
  23. tharealmclovin

tharealmclovin Well-Known Member

Got my PVHES GonG today. First thought...Its much looser to get in than the stock GonG. It actually will fall out since its has almost no pressure. Works great though. Just gotta be careful

24. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

There is no 'stock' GonG ;)

It's funny you say that though, I was just about to post how my PVHES GonG is a much tighter fit than the regular PV GonG.

tharealmclovin likes this.
  25. tharealmclovin

tharealmclovin Well-Known Member

I meant the regular GonG from PV

Wanna trade? LOL

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors