Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I think VB3 will be after the Baker is off and running. Baker hasn't hit the marketplace as of yet. I'm not sure when but soon. Beta units are being tested right now. check out the Baker thread.

flibmeister, Vitolo is a wonderful resource and a very caring person.

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Just finishing up some work, alone in the office. Loaded bullet with .kief sandwich, 3-4 heaping earspoons of kief between finely ground flowers, bullet filled to about 5mm from top, trimmed Vapir NO2 "hat" screen holding herb in and keeping PonG screen clean.

Did a full 8 min session on 2 until auto shutoff. "What the heck, I know there's more in there" Immediately cranked back up to 3 (highest I can take dry without too much coughing and irritation), even bigger clouds all the way until auto shutoff again. Unbelievable. I'll have to remember exactly how I packed this bullet again to repeat this. :mmmm:

It's been off for about 5 minutes now, I may crank it back up again as I suspect it's still not done.

BRAVO @TherealVaporblunt and @Engineering Thanks again for such great craftsmanship in this product. Have owned since sept/oct, hope it has a long lifecycle, especially on this battery tech.

Edit, yup back on 3, a lot more wispy, but still not done. Taste has been really good throughout too, better than usual, not sure why, same strain I've always been using. No more vapor after only 3 min.

Sativape

Just finishing up some work, alone in the office. Loaded bullet with .kief sandwich, 3-4 heaping earspoons of kief between finely ground flowers, bullet filled to about 5mm from top, trimmed Vapir NO2 "hat" screen holding herb in and keeping PonG screen clean.

Did a full 8 min session on 2 until auto shutoff. "What the heck, I know there's more in there" Immediately cranked back up to 3 (highest I can take dry without too much coughing and irritation), even bigger clouds all the way until auto shutoff again. Unbelievable. I'll have to remember exactly how I packed this bullet again to repeat this. :mmmm:

It's been off for about 5 minutes now, I may crank it back up again as I suspect it's still not done.

BRAVO @TherealVaporblunt and @Engineering Thanks again for such great craftsmanship in this product. Have owned since sept/oct, hope it has a long lifecycle, especially on this battery tech.

Edit, yup back on 3, a lot more wispy, but still not done. Taste has been really good throughout too, better than usual, not sure why, same strain I've always been using. No more vapor after only 3 min.

@ Mister G, After reading your message I had to do it:

Loaded a bullet up with Some G13 Haze kief and some Acapulco Gold bud.

I've done a bud kief sandwich in the past, and found the kief balled up in the bullet.

I did the following:

--------- < metal screen
\*****/ < thin layer of cotton
|kbkbk|
|kbkbk|
|bkbkb| <bud kief mix
|kbkbk|
|bkbkb|
|kbkbk|
\bbbbb/ <bud only so no kief sticks to bullet screen

I've gone through 2 sessions so far... and this thing is still pulling strong.

What did your ABV kief and bud look like after it stopped producing vapor?

Gonna try the sandwich to see the difference.

I will report back when I am capable of doing so.

Last edited:

Mutemath

I'm looking to purchase the Pinnacle but I got two questions. Is the price difference from the OG to the pro worth it? and does this produce more of a smell compared to the MFLB?

Mutemath,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Bud/kief mix is my fave thing to vape in the PnP by far atm, gets massive (for me) manageable clouds on low temps. I've been doing a mix of bud/kief so the ratio ends up making it feel like a course grind of bud. I think it stops any congealing, keeps the air flowing thru the bullet easier, but its still almost half and half, just a little bit more in favour of the bud in the mix to stop anything sticking together, and never packing it down, just tapping the side of the bullet to settle the mix.

Those mixes seem to just hit and hit and hit. My personal record is one bullet lasting 4 hours with me having to put the damn thing down quite cos it just kept going! And with water its such a smooth hit. Def my fave :) So economical.

Im also wondering if someone could give me their opinion on this? Was posted by @toros23 in the herbalizer thread, does this or does it not look like a great fit for the Pinnacle? What do any of you think? @Dreamerr @BLAZING OG ?

http://www.ioffer.com/i/ogb-14mm-vaporizer-whip-adapter-made-in-oregon-usa-13-143480789

14mm-vaporizer-whip-adapter-made-in-oregon-made-in-usa-fd08.jpg

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Bud/kief mix is my fave thing to vape in the PnP by far atm, gets massive (for me) manageable clouds on low temps. I've been doing a mix of bud/kief so the ratio ends up making it feel like a course grind of bud. I think it stops any congealing, keeps the air flowing thru the bullet easier, but its still almost half and half, just a little bit more in favour of the bud in the mix to stop anything sticking together, and never packing it down, just tapping the side of the bullet to settle the mix.

Those mixes seem to just hit and hit and hit. My personal record is one bullet lasting 4 hours with me having to put the damn thing down quite cos it just kept going! And with water its such a smooth hit. Def my fave :) So economical.

Im also wondering if someone could give me their opinion on this? Was posted by @toros23 in the herbalizer thread, does this or does it not look like a great fit for the Pinnacle? What do any of you think? @Dreamerr @BLAZING OG ?

http://www.ioffer.com/i/ogb-14mm-vaporizer-whip-adapter-made-in-oregon-usa-13-143480789

14mm-vaporizer-whip-adapter-made-in-oregon-made-in-usa-fd08.jpg
Wow, That does look like a perfect fit, very nice find to you and toro23!!!!
Is that a 14mm end (looks like it) or 18mm?:clap::clap::clap:
I'm looking to purchase the Pinnacle but I got two questions. Is the price difference from the OG to the pro worth it? and does this produce more of a smell compared to the MFLB?
I dont own the OG PN but it all depends if

a) Your a high temp kinda vaper, then the pnp wins (goes up to 470)

b) You want to try oils, then pnp wins, mind you that the oil feature works oaky its not the thickest of oil hits. I have gotten a bit better results with oil in cotton rather than the FMJ (oil cup).

c) You you would like to vape while charging.

It think thats the only 3 feature I can think of that are different!!

I am not sure if thats worth it to you,but at one point I saw websites with og pN for $99 (seems like a steal).

Other than that the Pn should be almost exactly the same other than the mouthpiece/pong being different materials in the pnp rated at higher temps.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

"It has 9.5mm glass tube that attaches to the end of your whip and fits into a 14.5mm Glass on Glass Waterpipe."

Wondering if its still a little long (cant see its length noted down), maybe a shorter one would be better (more sturdy)? But I think I'll get one in a few weeks anyway, and if it works, maybe get a shorter one ordered as a one off.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
"It has 9.5mm glass tube that attaches to the end of your whip and fits into a 14.5mm Glass on Glass Waterpipe."

Wondering if its still a little long (cant see its length noted down), maybe a shorter one would be better (more sturdy)? But I think I'll get one in a few weeks anyway, and if it works, maybe get a shorter one ordered as a one off.

I think it will be to long. The weight really matters because you don't have a perfect fit. I wouldn't want anything longer then my gong and slightly shorter would be better. The glass really cools the vapor so it is fine with a gong. I loved toros piece of glass. I saw it earlier today and thought about the PN and PNP but discounted it for the reason above.

chimpybits

Any recommendations for cleaning the inside of the black plastic cylinder of the PNP body (above the heating chamber)? I've tried with soap and vigorous brushing, but could stand to have another, more thorough attempt. ISO is so tempting, but I'd prefer not. PBW is more of a soak proposition which won't easily work here.

Mine is very sticky and as this is the area that connects with the mp/PONG, a bond is created between PNP and PONG. It's taking me several minutes of strong leveraging this way and that before I can get into the damn thing. Once reloaded the mp/PONG and PNP connects in the usual unsatisfying way we've accustomed to. Then I push it a bit in a bit more and the connection is better, but too strongly secured because of the resin-resin seal. Damned thing is either not really on or too on.

Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
What did your ABV kief and bud look like after it stopped producing vapor?

The Kief goes from Tan to sludgy brown, still a little sludge-sticky if you know what I mean, but being sandwiched with ground flowers, it comes out of the bullet easily, I did a kief only once with the FMJ and after vaping the sludge was hard to clean out, so I immediately went to kief sandwich bullets and that seemed perfect. The bud come out pretty dark coffee brown. In contrast the ABV from my sublimator ufo is much darker, just about black.

This experience makes me VERY curious when I see the videos for the Versa Infiniti and the ABV is still green after several hits - what's up with THAT?

VapeWeeed

I dont own the OG PN but it all depends if

a) Your a high temp kinda vaper, then the pnp wins (goes up to 470)

b) You want to try oils, then pnp wins, mind you that the oil feature works oaky its not the thickest of oil hits. I have gotten a bit better results with oil in cotton rather than the FMJ (oil cup).

c) You you would like to vape while charging.

It think thats the only 3 feature I can think of that are different!!

I am not sure if thats worth it to you,but at one point I saw websites with og pN for $99 (seems like a steal).

Other than that the Pn should be almost exactly the same other than the mouthpiece/pong being different materials in the pnp rated at higher temps.

Could you elaborate on the cotton method? I just got some shatter for the first time and am wanting to try it out in my PnP

VapeWeeed,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I think it will be to long. The weight really matters because you don't have a perfect fit. I wouldn't want anything longer then my gong and slightly shorter would be better. The glass really cools the vapor so it is fine with a gong. I loved toros piece of glass. I saw it earlier today and thought about the PN and PNP but discounted it for the reason above.

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciated. What would your stem recommendation be, maybe 2cm stem or 1.5cm? I'm edging more towards 1.5cm but not sure. The glass blower has emailed back saying he can do it no problem, for $28.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I have seen male male adapters on ebay for about 10 bucks. I think that would be what you want since it will have a dual purpose and it is short. My solo stem is just about 2" which I think is 5cm hehe stupid american I am. I just googled it. I would go about 1.5" or 4cm at the least. I wouldn't go longer at all.

I don't like things to have one purpose so I rather get something that may not be perfect. I use a gong as my solo stem and have no issue and lots of others do as well. Here is something I would suggest if you want a bit of a bend that might work well with the pn but you can look there are lots of choices depending on what else you may want it for. http://www.ebay.com/itm/14MM-MALE-14MM-MALE-LAB-GLASS-45-DEGREES-ADAPTER-CATALYST-/261288635749 and to me 9 bucks is way better and lots of choices.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Could you elaborate on the cotton method? I just got some shatter for the first time and am wanting to try it out in my PnP
You can sandwich a small bead of oil/ piece of shatter in between 2 small cotton pieces (organic).
Then load that up into the bullet (not the titanium eo cup) and proceed at the highest temp (5-470), and let theheat soak the bullet for a bit, then begin to draw slowly. The hits arent the thickest but in a pinch and on the go can do the job very nicely. I get thinner tasty hits but still can make me choke. OIL or shatter on weed does the same except you have oil and weed flavor but the oil extends the life of the bowl by a bit due to the oil taking a bit longer to vape than herb, as it saturates herb and vaporizes.
The key is to heat soak and let the bullet with the cotton inside get really hot, then you draw on it and the hot air mixed with the conduction aspect should get it going.

sasNW

Any recommendations for cleaning the inside of the black plastic cylinder of the PNP body (above the heating chamber)? I've tried with soap and vigorous brushing, but could stand to have another, more thorough attempt. ISO is so tempting, but I'd prefer not. PBW is more of a soak proposition which won't easily work here.

Mine is very sticky and as this is the area that connects with the mp/PONG, a bond is created between PNP and PONG. It's taking me several minutes of strong leveraging this way and that before I can get into the damn thing. Once reloaded the mp/PONG and PNP connects in the usual unsatisfying way we've accustomed to. Then I push it a bit in a bit more and the connection is better, but too strongly secured because of the resin-resin seal. Damned thing is either not really on or too on.

Anyone else having this issue?

I have been using an ISO soaked q-tip to clean that area once every two weeks or so. Then just wipe it dry and let it sit for a little bit. I have had zero issues and it still looks like new. I also soak and wipe the mouthpieces and pong with ISO for a few minutes and they look brand new too. I have been paranoid about cracking the body when it gets sticky

Also be sure to hold it upside down so no ISO drips into the pnp. I also use a very lightly soaked q-tip to clean the heating chamber when it gets too dirty for my liking. Again looks and functions like day 1

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I have seen male male adapters on ebay for about 10 bucks. I think that would be what you want since it will have a dual purpose and it is short. My solo stem is just about 2" which I think is 5cm hehe stupid american I am. I just googled it. I would go about 1.5" or 4cm at the least. I wouldn't go longer at all.

I don't like things to have one purpose so I rather get something that may not be perfect. I use a gong as my solo stem and have no issue and lots of others do as well. Here is something I would suggest if you want a bit of a bend that might work well with the pn but you can look there are lots of choices depending on what else you may want it for. http://www.ebay.com/itm/14MM-MALE-14MM-MALE-LAB-GLASS-45-DEGREES-ADAPTER-CATALYST-/261288635749 and to me 9 bucks is way better and lots of choices.

Nice one, thanks again for your input. Food for thought for sure.

I have been using an Ascent glass piece in the pong of the Pnp,it works great, it's about 2 1/2 inches. It's a little long, maybe 1 1/2 inch glass piece would be about perfect.

Ooooh! Ideally Im looking to get rid of the PonG competely but this could be a good alternative. Seeing a mate who owns an ascent in a few days, will give it a whirl and see what I think. Thanks. Think thanks.

EmDeemo,

Mutemath

Just ordered off eBay but paypal is giving me huge problems because I'm sending it to a friend's address. Is there a way that I can get the deal yoyokid is offering without using paypal?

Mutemath,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Nice one, thanks again for your input. Food for thought for sure.

Ooooh! Ideally Im looking to get rid of the PonG competely but this could be a good alternative. Seeing a mate who owns an ascent in a few days, will give it a whirl and see what I think. Thanks. Think thanks.
I had to sand down the pong with a dremmel tool so it would fit.

CarolKing,
Top Bottom