Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

rsqemt911

Wait .. Do the pinnacle pro mouthpieces fit the regular pinnacle?
Yes they do. But not the reverse from what was posted here previously.

Does anybody have experience with the WT? I just ordered an FBomb, PV turbo stem, and the o ring kit for my solo.

I was curious if anybody had a comparison of the PN WT vs the FBomb.

The FBomb was cheaper so I went with that. Will probably be grabbing a pro next week and I will use it with both that and my solo.

rsqemt911,

Meghan

I finally got my Pinnacle Pro yesterday, and although I've barely used it a full day, I can already tell you that I'm pleasantly surprised by how happy I am with this vape. I sold my Pax (the vape that converted me to vaping) after only a couple months because it was too high-maintenance for my taste, ate through my flowers quickly, and kinda stunk. :) But after it was gone, I've felt a hole in my portable vape lineup. I like the Firewood, but I wanted my stealthy, mindless Pax-style vape back.

The Pinnacle Pro, so far, is what I wished the Pax had been. I love the bullets. I can already tell that this is a super low-maintenance vape, which is perfect for me. My first session was with less than half a bullet and I was a little worried when I didn't see the clouds I'd hoped for. Then I filled the bullet almost full, with a loose pack. And WOW. I can't believe the clouds on level 2. I really would compare it to the Solo on 5.

Taste is not as good as the Solo, but much better than the Pax. I was impressed that I was able to get two sessions from one bullet, and the second session was actually pretty decent tasting (and effective). I always hated going back for a second session in the Pax because it tasted awful. For whatever reason, it's possible for me (both sessions on 2) with the Pro.

I've actually had a Pinnacle WT for a couple months now, though I never owned the original Pinnacle. I've used the Pinnacle WT mostly with my Solo, but also with my Underdog and BHOLT. I can't emphasize how nice it is to use with the Pro. It feels more "solid" on top of the Pinnacle Pro than either the Solo or the UD. I use level 3 with the WT and get great hits. The session goes a bit faster, but it smooths out the vapor so nicely.

Wax. I didn't have an opportunity to make a video of my session with the FMJ earlier, but I'll just say for now that it definitely works with CO2 fullmelt crumble and sap. I had two sessions with wax, one last night and the other tonight. Last night I used the unit off the charger. I got some wispy hits and definitely felt effects, but the unit powered off and I thought the battery had died. Now I think it auto shutoff because it was probably too hot (I'd just done two bullets of flowers beforehand). I tried it again tonight while plugged in. The unit heated up relatively fast. I got vapor on the first pull. The taste was just okay. Honestly, I don't see using this over my BHOLT or O-PHOS for waxes and oils. I definitely got vapor-ful hits, but not as thick and potent as with my concentrate pens. That said, I definitely felt the effects! As far as multi-use vape, though, I think it does a very respectful job handling wax. I'm sure it surprises no one when I say that where the Pinnacle Pro really excels is flowers.

But hooray for versatility! And true versatility. Beyond using a different bullet (smaller, with a solid bottom), you don't have to do anything janky or crazy to make this unit work with whatever material you might have. That's impressive, to me.

Basically, this is as close to perfect a portable vape as I've tried. I'm really, really happy.

More later. :)

dirtydozen12

I can't believe I missed the post for the cheaper WT from Sam =\

I also sent a PM to therealvaporblunt with no response about the two different shipping options. Maybe he is unsure and rather not give the wrong answer. Anyway, just type in the zip code (90703) from where they shipped out from and you will see when you should receive your unit. I'm on east coast so I don't think I'll see mine until Monday 15th possibly Friday 13th because it shows MA in the 4-day red section. I ordered Monday morning and it shipped Tuesday 10th

dirtydozen12,

vape4health

Glad Im not the only one REALLY happy with the Pro. I had a solo owner friend try it with the water tool and he is sold.

I had an idea, would a high temp oring around the upper part of the bullet pick it up enough off the heater metal to cut the conduction down and move more to convection.?

rsqemt911

Glad Im not the only one REALLY happy with the Pro. I had a solo owner friend try it with the water tool and he is sold.

I had an idea, would a high temp oring around the upper part of the bullet pick it up enough off the heater metal to cut the conduction down and move more to convection.?

Nice idea. I just ordered some of those solo stem high temp Orings from planetvape. Wonder if one of then would work? The kit comes with 5 so I will have some extras to play with.

As long as it isn't large than the lip on the bullet that is.

rsqemt911,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
bump, still haven't received it and I ordered on Friday

I really have no idea. You would need to contact out customer service via phone or email to get clarification on that
I finally got my Pinnacle Pro yesterday, and although I've barely used it a full day, I can already tell you that I'm pleasantly surprised by how happy I am with this vape. I sold my Pax (the vape that converted me to vaping) after only a couple months because it was too high-maintenance for my taste, ate through my flowers quickly, and kinda stunk. :) But after it was gone, I've felt a hole in my portable vape lineup. I like the Firewood, but I wanted my stealthy, mindless Pax-style vape back.

The Pinnacle Pro, so far, is what I wished the Pax had been. I love the bullets. I can already tell that this is a super low-maintenance vape, which is perfect for me. My first session was with less than half a bullet and I was a little worried when I didn't see the clouds I'd hoped for. Then I filled the bullet almost full, with a loose pack. And WOW. I can't believe the clouds on level 2. I really would compare it to the Solo on 5.

Taste is not as good as the Solo, but much better than the Pax. I was impressed that I was able to get two sessions from one bullet, and the second session was actually pretty decent tasting (and effective). I always hated going back for a second session in the Pax because it tasted awful. For whatever reason, it's possible for me (both sessions on 2) with the Pro.

I've actually had a Pinnacle WT for a couple months now, though I never owned the original Pinnacle. I've used the Pinnacle WT mostly with my Solo, but also with my Underdog and BHOLT. I can't emphasize how nice it is to use with the Pro. It feels more "solid" on top of the Pinnacle Pro than either the Solo or the UD. I use level 3 with the WT and get great hits. The session goes a bit faster, but it smooths out the vapor so nicely.

Wax. I didn't have an opportunity to make a video of my session with the FMJ earlier, but I'll just say for now that it definitely works with CO2 fullmelt crumble and sap. I had two sessions with wax, one last night and the other tonight. Last night I used the unit off the charger. I got some wispy hits and definitely felt effects, but the unit powered off and I thought the battery had died. Now I think it auto shutoff because it was probably too hot (I'd just done two bullets of flowers beforehand). I tried it again tonight while plugged in. The unit heated up relatively fast. I got vapor on the first pull. The taste was just okay. Honestly, I don't see using this over my BHOLT or O-PHOS for waxes and oils. I definitely got vapor-ful hits, but not as thick and potent as with my concentrate pens. That said, I definitely felt the effects! As far as multi-use vape, though, I think it does a very respectful job handling wax. I'm sure it surprises no one when I say that where the Pinnacle Pro really excels is flowers.

But hooray for versatility! And true versatility. Beyond using a different bullet (smaller, with a solid bottom), you don't have to do anything janky or crazy to make this unit work with whatever material you might have. That's impressive, to me.

Basically, this is as close to perfect a portable vape as I've tried. I'm really, really happy.

More later. :)

Did she say............... PERFECT????

vape4health

I really have no idea. You would need to contact out customer service via phone or email to get clarification on that

Did she say............... PERFECT????
Yes and I kinda agree. I could add a couple things but you guys nailed it.

Swap able battery
Maybe a temp between 3-4
A beep for timeout and plugin unplug.
Umm....
3 more feet of cord if your getting that picky, but I will say not having a box mid cord IS very nice.

Last edited:

donJW

Hey guys. So I am totally new to the vaping world. I've been a smoker for about 7 years now. I was recently made aware of this vapor option as supposed to the combustion method I was used to. Its sad of how oblivious I was in terms of awesome vaping is! I chose the OG Pinnacle as my first ever vaporizer, and I couldnt be happier! I love this thing. Shame I didnt know about the Pro at the time, but definitely looking forward to purchasing one sometime in the future. For now I am extremely excited with my vape, and look forward to continue reading all of your posts. They were exponentially helpful in me picking the pinnacle. So thank you guys. And the guys at Vapor Blunt, keep up the fantastic job up! Not every day you see a company so involved with its consumer base. Makes all the difference!

Reveen

And the guys at Vapor Blunt, keep up the fantastic job up! Not every day you see a company so involved with its consumer base. Makes all the difference!

Totally agree, I've been nothing but impressed with the customer service from Vapor Blunt. Just the fact that you can sign on to this forum and have a conversation with the owner and the engineer in real time is amazing.

donJW

Totally agree, I've been nothing but impressed with the customer service from Vapor Blunt. Just the fact that you can sign on to this forum and have a conversation with the owner and the engineer in real time is amazing.
My exact thoughts. Pretty impressive if you ask me

donJW,
Reactions: mscm888

RTbar

Can anyone share what cases they are using to store the pro, wt, or both? Also, is there a cap or plug that someone had found that fits the bullets so that we can pack a spare and not have it spill out? What about something to store and protect an extra bullet when you have it in your pocket?

RTbar,
Reactions: salivape

Arfsdad

Ok, here's the deal maker or breaker for me (and probably others).....will engineering or the owner answer this please?....a few posts back I mentioned that I was concerned about the 50 minute battery charge capacity. How technician friendly is the item should my battery die and I want to replace it myself? Is the item held together with screws, or other non destructive mechanism, which would allow me to replace the battery myself? My skill level is that I own a company which services consumer electronics, am a state licensed electronics technician (38 years), I work on the bench daily soldering items using surface mount components, and I can easily replace the battery in my Da Vinci. I am awaiting your reply. Tnx.

Arfsdad,

BlueCloud

Can anyone share what cases they are using to store the pro, wt, or both? Also, is there a cap or plug that someone had found that fits the bullets so that we can pack a spare and not have it spill out? What about something to store and protect an extra bullet when you have it in your pocket?

Check the old Pinnacle thread. I know a few people made caps for the bullets. I don't recall what they came up with, though.

BlueCloud,
Reactions: Kief

Engineering

Manufacturer
Ok, here's the deal maker or breaker for me (and probably others).....will engineering or the owner answer this please?....a few posts back I mentioned that I was concerned about the 50 minute battery charge capacity. How technician friendly is the item should my battery die and I want to replace it myself? Is the item held together with screws, or other non destructive mechanism, which would allow me to replace the battery myself? My skill level is that I own a company which services consumer electronics, am a state licensed electronics technician (38 years), I work on the bench daily soldering items using surface mount components, and I can easily replace the battery in my Da Vinci. I am awaiting your reply. Tnx.

Since this has been asked so many times:

We do NOT recommend you remove the battery from the unit. It was not intended for user replacement and removal of the electronics from the Pinnacle or Pinnacle PRO's housing will void your warranty!

That said, with your background you can probably figure out how to disassemble the Pinnacle. (I will not give instructions on how to do this, but I'm sure some others on this board can help) in that case, you could potentially replace the battery. My question to you is. Why?

The battery in the Pinnacle and in the Pro is a single cell 18650 type Li-Ion battery. it is rated at 2000 mAh. Yes, you can find batteries with higher capacity ratings. What you will have trouble with is finding a replacement that has 5A of peak discharge current. I spoke to this on the Pinnacle thread: we re-formulated the batteries so that they would match with the heater core. if you use a different cell, you may find the unit randomly cut's out and stops working!

Add to this, if you remove the battery you will wipe the calibration settings and your temps will be off. May be low, and you get poor performance - or too high and the unit melts!

We have not had any reports of the batteries going bad, and don't anticipate that happening. So again, not sure why one would want to replace the battery? I realize everyone would like to have longer operating times. This is why on the PRO we added in use while charging. In order increase the use time, we would have to add more batteries, and we feel that keeping a small size was more important than long battery life.

If your looking for really long battery life, I would recommended looking into the VB2.0 which has significantly more battery capacity.

Arfsdad

Since this has been asked so many times:

We do NOT recommend you remove the battery from the unit. It was not intended for user replacement and removal of the electronics from the Pinnacle or Pinnacle PRO's housing will void your warranty!

That said, with your background you can probably figure out how to disassemble the Pinnacle. (I will not give instructions on how to do this, but I'm sure some others on this board can help) in that case, you could potentially replace the battery. My question to you is. Why?

Tnx for the reply. I specifically asked "should my battery die". I have no intention of replacing the battery as long as the item is functioning or the item is under warranty. My inquiry pertains to only after the 1 year warranty period, I apologize for not making that clear.

Add to this, if you remove the battery you will wipe the calibration settings and your temps will be off. May be low, and you get poor performance - or too high and the unit melts!

This I find extremely troubling. If the battery dies the calibration settings will be erased? So much for non-volatile memory. Also, after the 1 year warranty period, if the battery fails, it has to be sent back to the manufacturer, at what expense? Something as simple as battery replacement should be designed into the item as field serviceable and not adversely affecting memory.

We have not had any reports of the batteries going bad, and don't anticipate that happening. So again, not sure why one would want to replace the battery?

I answered this above, I greatly appreciate your information.

mod note: Please be careful to post content outside of the QUOTE tags. Edited to fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arfsdad,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Tnx for the reply. I specifically asked "should my battery die". I have no intention of replacing the battery as long as the item is functioning or the item is under warranty. My inquiry pertains to only after the 1 year warranty period, I apologize for not making that clear.

The battery in the Pinnacle and in the Pro is a single cell 18650 type Li-Ion battery. it is rated at 2000 mAh. Yes, you can find batteries with higher capacity ratings. What you will have trouble with is finding a replacement that has 5A of peak discharge current. I spoke to this on the Pinnacle thread: we re-formulated the batteries so that they would match with the heater core. if you use a different cell, you may find the unit randomly cut's out and stops working!

This I find extremely troubling. If the battery dies the calibration settings will be erased? So much for non-volatile memory. Also, after the 1 year warranty period, if the battery fails, it has to be sent back to the manufacturer, at what expense? Something as simple as battery replacement should be designed into the item as field serviceable and not adversely affecting memory.

There you go, to make it a bit less confusing. You need to post your reply outside of the " /quote " tag. add [ quote ] (with no spaces) to make everything after that a quote again (and add /quote in [ ] to end it again.

grokit

well-worn member
@Engineering, perhaps add a "pinnacle battery replacement" item to the website, have the price include return postage and a ~6-month warranty and these questions will be answered for eternity.

grokit,
Reactions: Kief
Top Bottom