Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

vape4health

I pushed the mp screen down so it extended out and touched the bullet, now I get no rattle and great hits at 2 no wt. I only got to test one load before zonking out. My pong mp let the bullet rattle too so tonight should show even better wt rips.
Just moving the mp screen a tiny bit had a massive effect, I would suggest checking yours and see. Just shake it a little with no load just empty bullet. I believe it was also the cause of the too hot hits, lots better now.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I'm really close to pulling the trigger, however I need to know 3 things from those who have used it already please.

1. How is the smell? The VB2.0 reeks. I just got outed at a fest over the weekend because of it's smell.
2. How does it do with oil? I don't think I have seen anyone address this yet and again, the VB 2.0 sucked at it so I am curious.
3. Is it feasible to share this vape, ie: how much do the bullets hold? Enough for a couple people?

Thanks much amigos.

deadheadbill,

Reveen

I'm really close to pulling the trigger, however I need to know 3 things from those who have used it already please.

1. How is the smell? The VB2.0 reeks. I just got outed at a fest over the weekend because of it's smell.
2. How does it do with oil? I don't think I have seen anyone address this yet and again, the VB 2.0 sucked at it so I am curious.
3. Is it feasible to share this vape, ie: how much do the bullets hold? Enough for a couple people?

Thanks much amigos.

I was hitting it sitting right next to my wife last night (we were so close we were touching) and she didn't even know I was hitting it until I told her I was.

I don't have any oil or concentrates so I can't say. my buddy said he would give me some BHO to test in it but I'm sure someone will have already tried it and reported back before that happens.

I think a full bullet should be able to get 2 people really high, and 3 people fairly high... hard to answer that though because everyone has different tolerances and everybody's stash varies by strength. I haven't measured out how much fits in a bullet yet, but even then, it matters how much you tamp it down or how finely it was ground. Tons of variables.

Belgianvapor

for me, a good filled bullet (from the og PN), not tamped but I tap it a few times on the table
to let it sink and again fill it almost to full, tap again etc, weighed 0.15 grams. I use a not too find grind.
it gives me two sessions on orange (slightly lower than 2 on the pro I think?) for two people.
It gets me and my wife very medicated.

Is it possible to get two sessions out of the same bullet when on 3? (or one on 1 and one on 2 or 3?)

Belgianvapor,

Reveen

still waiting for an answer to my earlier question about the "ascending" red lights while plugged in and while plugged in while the unit is on. Am I the only one that has these? If so I think I may have some sort of issue.

vape4health

I didnt weight it but a full bullet is close to a solo stem but the Pro cooks it better so I could see it being slightly more efficient then a solo.
A full unstuffed bullet is more then enough for me and the lady, probably like 3 heads would take it down and still be a respectable sesh.
Edit: I get ascending blue for charging, descending orange for 8min time out and descending red with orange flashing for dead battery. I don't think I have seen a temp warning yet.

Last edited:
vape4health,

salivape

still waiting for an answer to my earlier question about the "ascending" red lights while plugged in and while plugged in while the unit is on. Am I the only one that has these? If so I think I may have some sort of issue.

I think this was aimed at you...

Its a pass thru, works while charging or at least works from the same plug as the charging plug without any unnormal user input.

salivape,

Engineering

Manufacturer

Are the red lights scrolling towards the heater or away from the heater? does this happen every time you plug it in, and only when it's plugged in? How many sessions has the unit been through before it got plugged in? I am looking into the issue.

Reveen

I think this was aimed at you...

It doesn't really answer my question though. Noone else has said anything about red lights while charging. I thought it just meant that it was fully charged. Then when I turned it on while still plugged it and set the temp, the normal temp lights were blinking for a bit, but then it went right back to the red lights,not showing me whether it was even up to temp or not. I had to turn the unit off to get the red lights to go away.

Reveen,
Reactions: salivape

Reveen

Are the red lights scrolling towards the heater or away from the heater? does this happen every time you plug it in, and only when it's plugged in? How many sessions has the unit been through before it got plugged in? I am looking into the issue.

they are scrolling from the bottom of the unit towards the top. It only happens a few moments after the unit is plugged in and has reached full charge, then it stays scrolling like that indefinitely. I've never warn the unit down very much, the most I've used it was only down one bar with 4 bars of battery left.

it also happened when trying to use it while charging.

Reveen,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

salivape

Fair.. I figured the red lights were just a pass through indication. Obviously not!

salivape,

Engineering

Manufacturer
It doesn't really answer my question though. Noone else has said anything about red lights while charging. I thought it just meant that it was fully charged. Then when I turned it on while still plugged it and set the temp, the normal temp lights were blinking for a bit, but then it went right back to the red lights,not showing me whether it was even up to temp or not. I had to turn the unit off to get the red lights to go away.

Just a quick sanity check - can you look at your charger and tell me what the output states on the sticker? it should be 5V 3A

Engineering,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Has anyone been using their Pro without the bullet ??? I Know there were a few people doing this with the Pinnacle who felt it was better this way . Seems it would be easier for me that way also . So come on and Dirty up your new Pro for us (me) to see how well it works just filling the chamber.

I Know that I in no way need another vape at the moment but I want this one .:cool:

Last edited:
RUDE BOY,

mscm888

My Pro is out for delivery today. I'm not sure if anyone will be home to sign for it. Part of me hopes UPS drops it off at lease office but other part of me doesn't due to the return address.

mscm888,

Reveen

@Engineering

I was also the one who had a unit that was chipped right out of the box. Could it have been dropped and somehow the internal components were damaged? I ask because I had to use the eBay vendor and I know the box had to be opened to insert my free grinder.

EDIT:
I'm home now, here is a photo of my adapter:

S1GOzIv.jpg

Last edited:

theCerberus

Can anyone comment on approx. how long shipping to canada takes
5-10 days. I wonder when canadian retailers like vaporizers.ca and TV will get them? Seems odd they dont.

I pushed the mp screen down so it extended out and touched the bullet, now I get no rattle and great hits at 2 no wt. I only got to test one load before zonking out. My pong mp let the bullet rattle too so tonight should show even better wt rips.
Just moving the mp screen a tiny bit had a massive effect, I would suggest checking yours and see. Just shake it a little with no load just empty bullet. I believe it was also the cause of the too hot hits, lots better now.

yes, i shake it and hear the bullet move a little so I tried to slide the screen down a bit further in the PonG but it popped out.

Seemed simple to place back in but WAS NOT SIMPLE.

the problem is the screen starts to bend and is EXTREMELY difficult to get back in there without a few bent edges. Mine seemed to be ok now but it isnt as nice as it used to look.
I used the included poking/scraping stick so I could push the screen from the top after I loaded the bullet.
Then I shook it a bit and didnt hear the bullet move. Then I hit at 3 and did seem better.

I took a small screen the same size I use in the Solo and placed it on top of the bullet. I noticed that If I shake it also works to keep the bullet down and I dont hear anything.
So now I dont need to touch the PonG screen and the extra solo screen sits loose(but wedged) in between.
I will test if this hits as well but judging from the sound it seems like it will work

theCerberus,

Engineering

Manufacturer
@Engineering

I was also the one who had a unit that was chipped right out of the box. Could it have been dropped and somehow the internal components were damaged? I ask because I had to use the eBay vendor and I know the box had to be opened to insert my free grinder.

EDIT:
I'm home now, here is a photo of my adapter:

S1GOzIv.jpg

That's the right charger...

Your unit is still working properly, right?

There are 2 failure modes for what I think your describing:

1) an incorrect input voltage, your using the right charger, so unless the charger is bad (unlikely) that's not your issue. The unit is eventually recharging right?

2) Electronics are not getting temperature feedback. This could have happened if the unit did get dropped and broke a wire internally. However, the unit would not work if that was the issue - so as long as it's still working the unit is heating up fine.

3) extra credit: If you have been using it a lot prior to plugging in, you may be getting a warning indication for too hot a unit. This will self correct when the unit cools down.

Overall my recommendation is if the unit is working to your satisfaction, to keep it.

Engineering,

Reveen

That's the right charger...

Your unit is still working properly, right?

There are 2 failure modes for what I think your describing:

1) an incorrect input voltage, your using the right charger, so unless the charger is bad (unlikely) that's not your issue. The unit is eventually recharging right?

2) Electronics are not getting temperature feedback. This could have happened if the unit did get dropped and broke a wire internally. However, the unit would not work if that was the issue - so as long as it's still working the unit is heating up fine.

3) extra credit: If you have been using it a lot prior to plugging in, you may be getting a warning indication for too hot a unit. This will self correct when the unit cools down.

Overall my recommendation is if the unit is working to your satisfaction, to keep it.

1. Yes, it recharges fully, stays on the "full bars" for a few minutes than goes to the scrolling red lights.

2. Everything seems to work fine for me, and I only get the red lights when it is charging (both when on and not on).

3. I've only used it in the evening, drain a battery bar, and plug it in the next morning, so I don't think that is the case. The only thing I'm worried about is long-term. Is my unit possibly going to fail sooner if it is already experiencing issues?

Just right now with the unit plugged it, I can't turn it on. I have to unplug it to turn it on, then plug it back in. As soon as it gets up to temp, the lights start going again, meaning I can't use it while its plugged in because it shuts off when the red lights start scrolling again :( .

I want a fully-functional unit, so I think I will send mine back. How does that work with that ebay seller (yoyokid1)? Does he have to have proof from you guys that there is something wrong before he sends me a new unit? Does he send me a new unit and then you send him a replacement? This would be so much easier if I could buy direct, but unfortunately I can't.

Last edited:
Reveen,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
1. Yes, it recharges fully, stays on the "full bars" for a few minutes than goes to the scrolling red lights.

2. Everything seems to work fine for me, and I only get the red lights when it is charging (both when on and not on).

3. I've only used it in the evening, drain a battery bar, and plug it in the next morning, so I don't think that is the case. The only thing I'm worried about is long-term. Is my unit possibly going to fail sooner if it is already experiencing issues?

Just right now with the unit plugged it, I can't turn it on. I have to unplug it to turn it on, then plug it back in. As soon as it gets up to temp, the lights start going again, meaning I can't use it while its plugged in because its back off again :( .

I want a fully-functional unit, so I think I will send mine back. How does that work with that ebay seller (yoyokid1)? Does he have to have proof from you guys that there is something wrong before he sends me a new unit? Does he send me a new unit and then you send him a replacement? This would be so much easier if I could buy direct, but unfortunately I can't.

You can warranty it with him or me, just tell whoever you deal with that I approved it. Sounds to me like someone dropped your unit, too many coincidences. I say better safe than sorry....

Reveen

You can warranty it with him or me, just tell whoever you deal with that I approved it. Sounds to me like someone dropped your unit, too many coincidences. I say better safe than sorry....

I agree about better to be safe than sorry. I'm in South Dakota so I'll have to go through him, correct?

Reveen,

vape4health

Reveen you'll find a proper working unit shows no indication of being plugged in or not when its heating, exactly how it should work, you can walk around vaping and just plug it in mid sesh near the end of sesh unplug and finish all without touching any buttons. It was weird at first but thats cause I was used to the solo turning on and off with the plug. I really like the way TRVB set it up.

Edit, I feel positive now that moving the screen has improved the vapor production and the taste.

Top Bottom