Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
What you will have trouble with is finding a replacement that has 5A of peak discharge current.
For what it's worth, FC is no stranger to this sort of battery requirement. The Cera also has high current and low internal resistance demands, particularly the loose leaf cartridge. The Persei and the FlashVape also both use 18650s with similar requirements. From my experience with the LLC, Panasonic's 2250mah CGR18650CH is great here and Sony's new 1600mah US18650VTC3 looks promising as well.

The fact that removing the battery will wipe the heater calibration is interesting! Thank you very much for all the info.

If you could design a portable vape with automatic temperature settings and a user-removable battery, I think that would be a first…

Last edited:
nopartofme,

theCerberus

Compared to my solo, this vaporizers acts very different.
I find the biggest dense clouds come at the 3 setting on the pro, and that is after a few minutes.
In contrast the max solo setting of 7 is still cooler than this.

I use my solo on 6 and my flowers come out brown, on the pro they are darker on the 3, proving it is getting hotter.
I find after 2 hits of the solo I get the best vapor. I also find if I pack good but not too tight and use a screen I can pull as hard as I want and get good clouds but it is restricted.

For the pro its an entirely different story.
I pack the same way but the clouds dont come big on the 2 setting, this should only be about 5F cooler than the solo on 6 and 3F hotter than solo on 5. I get good clouds on the solo on both these settings so I find it puzzling why the pro wont produce nice clouds at 2.

I find that loading the bullet and waiting for the "heat soak" is the best approach but for some reason it needs about 4 minutes to do this. In fairness I hit it after 2 minutes to get maybe 3 hits of whispy clouds, and wait another 2minutes for the big clouds.
At around that mark is where the pro really shines. I find I can pull fairly hard and still get solid milk.
It is odd. I am better medicated from this device than my solo. but I find myself needing 2 rounds of the battery, as it is 1/2 way done (8 minute shut off) thats when the bowl is finally ready the shine ...

theCerberus

it is too bad there is no setting between 2 and 3. my flowers are a bit browner than I would like and vapor is a bit hot even with my added evolver hydracirc with water.

with that said I am well medicated and it is a great stealthy mobile vape.

it would be nice if it was re-programmable... o well.

theCerberus,
Reactions: Snappo

rsqemt911

it is too bad there is no setting between 2 and 3. my flowers are a bit browner than I would like and vapor is a bit hot even with my added evolver hydracirc with water.

with that said I am well medicated and it is a great stealthy mobile vape.

it would be nice if it was re-programmable... o well.

Maybe the "Pinnacle Elite" will have a screen and temp control. That would def help the color blind too.

rsqemt911,

theCerberus

I need a session longer than 8 minutes to medicate me.
Ill just continue with my VB2, no need for this device.

Well, it is a bit annoying but you can just turn it back on.
I am used to the solo's 12 minute shutoff after owning it for a while.
But yes 8 is too short, I agree. I find I go for 2 rounds of the battery every time.

theCerberus,
Reactions: zongo47

Meghan

The 8-minute shutoff hasn't bothered me too much. Luckily, my daytime routine (which is when I'm using this most) is such that I rarely have time for longer sessions. When I have, though, turning it back on hasn't bothered me (I'm also used to that with the Solo). And I've appreciated the shutoff during the couple times I let the thing idle for too long.

As far as battery life, I admit that I was also concerned. However, I find that the Pinnacle Pro lasts longer than I thought it would (I use it on 2 almost exclusively) and charges much faster than my Pax did (maybe even faster than my Solo), so a dead battery hasn't been an issue for me yet. Once I get home in the evenings, I can always use the unit plugged in (and have). I mostly use it off the charger during the day, between 8 am and 6 pm. I'd say I do between 4-5 sessions in that time. I've had no problem having it last until I get home with that schedule. When I get home I slap it on the charger and take care of after-work stuff (dinner, child care, etc.). By the time I'm ready to vape again a couple hours later, it's all charged up.

Admittedly, it also helps that I'm not relying on one sole vaporizer. If I was, though, this actually isn't a bad option because of the pass-through charging. Unless you are in a situation where you won't have access to an outlet for an extended period of time, I don't see the battery being a huge issue.

Earlier I said that this vape is "as close to perfect as I've tried". That's true. That's not to say that this is a perfect vape...there are a few things I'd like to see as far as upgrades/accessories...a glass mouthpiece and/or bullet, longer battery life (although I do love the small form factor and know that there's a tradeoff involved there), longer auto-shutoff period, etc. But I'm telling you, this is probably the stealthiest, most reliable, efficient, low-maintenance, multi-use battery-powered vape on the market right now. For the price (especially right now with the 20% discount), it seems like a no-brainer (for people who want something small and simple to use, at least).

Two other random thoughts. This thing definitely smells less than the Pax. I slipped it into a zippered pocket in my purse today while still hot from a session, and carried it into a building with me. I'm very sensitive to the smell in those scenarios, and I honestly didn't smell it. This makes me very happy. My car also doesn't smell when I leave it in there, as it did when I owned the Pax. The other thought--I tend to power the unit off when I want about 1 - 2 more hits, since you can easily get that from it while it cools down. No vapor left behind! :)

salivape

Can anyone share what cases they are using to store the pro, wt, or both? Also, is there a cap or plug that someone had found that fits the bullets so that we can pack a spare and not have it spill out? What about something to store and protect an extra bullet when you have it in your pocket?

I have ordered a 6 1/2 inch ryot smell safe for mine. Should do a good enough job. Only $12

Oh and my pro STILL isn't here... I've lost the excitement. I'm sure it'll return once I have it in my hands.

Last edited:
salivape,

vape4health

When I commented about the battery I mean so that we can take a few extra charged batteries with us for any off grid event where no electric is available.

vape4health,

RTbar

I have ordered a 6 1/2 inch ryot smell safe for mine. Should do a good enough job. Only $12

Oh and my pro STILL isn't here... I've lost the excitement. I'm sure it'll return once I have it in my hands.
That looks awesome thanks

RTbar,

Berkey

I'm new to FC and figured you guys being familiar with the OG Pinnacle would know best. I just purchased the Pro unit and I used to have a Pax, 2 actually and I also have 2 solo's as my daily go to. I very much often like to vape in the car, yes I know it's not safe. I want to know 2 things, what is the best way to pack a bullet while driving? Is there a container that has been recommended that allows for easy packing on the fly? I'm aware that I could purchase extra bullets that have been pre-packed which I may do. Also, can I just pour my grind directly into the unit and not use a bullet at all? Lastly, if I want to dispose of a hot bullet while driving and to insert another, what techniques work well without burning my hand and/or making a mess?

Berkey,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Engineering

Manufacturer
When I commented about the battery I mean so that we can take a few extra charged batteries with us for any off grid event where no electric is available.

Search thru the pinnacle thread, some members have found a battery pack that can be plugged into the pro. This sill allow for recharge/external battery use.

Quick not one the calibration settings: we have the settings flashed permanently into non-volatile memory when we program, however due to manufacturing tolerances there are inevitably variations from unit to unit. To keep all units consistent, we calibrate at final assembly. It's this calibration that is reset if the unit looses power.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
............. Also, can I just pour my grind directly into the unit and not use a bullet at all? ..........

Berkey welcome to FC .

There are some members that posted in the Pinnacle thread that they prefer it without the bullet . And they weren't vapor noobies or anything , So I also would like to hear how well the Pro works filling the chamber with no Bullet . Sounds much easier then stuffing herb in a 9mm shell .:peace:

RUDE BOY,

al bundy

Vaporist
If you go bullet less I would use an No2 screen in the chamber ,just like the No2.

As for loading and driving.. the above method may be good for you.
Ive dumped the ABV from a pinnacle and the bullet stays in,(hold is back with thumb)
then i just dump some herb in like using the No2.tap ,cap and hit.
You could crimp a bullet out of round,and it should stay in the pinnacle but still be removable with a pick. then just dump and load.

al bundy,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Belgianvapor

Recieved my PRO today, put it right on the charger and just did my first empty cycle to burn off that new vape smell and I'm ready to go.
It has the same well build feel like the og pn but this one looks even better with the black
mp.
I've read about an added ring somewhere on the mp if I recall but I can't find anything like that
on my pro, it looks exactly the same. Only on the top of the bowl, there is now a white circle and
the og pn was all black there.
Ok, I've gotta go, my filled pinnacle is getting impatient.

*edit* i started my session on 2 and for me it seemd like it tastes better than orange
on the og pn and I hardly cough (I'm an easy cougher) could that be because it wasn't used before, so ultra clean or is the pro also superior in that departement too?

Just finished my session, I klicked again for another session and it has 4 bars left, is this
ok? (did a first 5 min burn on 1 and then a full session on 2)

Last edited:

salivape

@Belgianvapor hey, just out of interest, when did you place your order? Mine landed in the UK on Tuesday and I still haven't even had the customs charge letter yet. I'm starting to worry about the sticky fingers that royal mail employ.

Belgianvapor

Salivape : I placed my order with the yoyo kid on the 3th or the 4th and recieved it today

on another note, second session on 2 with the same bullet (0.15 grams) and still
vapor galore, my other vapes are already browsing the vacation brochure because they're
gonna have to take a break !!

Top Bottom