Paying it Forward - A New Direction

caliwisp

Cali Dreamin'
@Vitolo I have a brand new Iolite Original for you in a box with all the goodies and user manual. I know you like this old-school portable friend and hope you can find it a home with a patient who needs to vape on the go. Feel free to message me with your shipping address and I will take it down to the PO as soon as I can. Happiest regards and thanks!

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thanks @lazylathe
Note:
I will accept any vaporizers that function to pass to community members.
If a vape does not function, I will use it's parts if there

A member... @cawshook came up with an ingenious idea... to do two things at once here.
He felt that others may want to help out... but life is tough, and some folks are in need of money!
Their plight is no less serious than what I see
A way for anyone that wants to help me to help the patients here in my area.. one of the lower income Medical Marijuana Cities... while at the same time, helping FC members that need cash for their units.
The system:
  1. Donations of any amount (small amounts add up)can be made to a dedicated paypal account. These can be small affordable donations. I can be contacted for the account info.
  2. The funds in the account will be used to purchase Vaporizers that appear in FC classifieds.
  3. The Vaporizers purchase will be "re-homed" in the care of Severly disabled low income cardholding Patients located in Tucson Arizona. (Tucson being the Medical marijuana city with the highest percentage of Low Income card holders)
  4. Reports will be made regularly in the Paying it Forward thread.
  5. Donors will choose during donation whether they want a public thanks.
  6. Each Classified Vaporizer that gets purchased and into a patients's hands will be told about in this thread.

EveryDayAmnesiac

Fantastic idea, @Vitolo. I swear, I get a little teary-eyed every time I check back on this thread. I wish I had known about what you do back when I was selling off a bunch of my stuff. The Nano and the UD and I bet the Magic Butter would have been the perfect items to pass on... :ugh:

I do have an OG Davinci with a couple parts. Is that a type of vape that you'd be able to pass on to someone else?

Vitolo

Vaporist
@EveryDayAmnesiac ...toot that horn. If you didn't I would have (in fact I am doing so right now!)
@grokit epens are cool too. Less patients use them, true, but some patients are gaining access to lower cost concentrates, and ... the more the merrier.
Be certain that anything donated is something that is not currently in use.
PLEASE remember... Everyone needs a couple of back-up units.
Do not leave yourself in a rough position.

Vitolo

Vaporist
A tale of the return of the "Karma Box"
Read about the magic Flight Launch box that kept coming back.
It has a serial number of only 4 digits!
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-magic-flight-box.750/page-793#post-349401
Well the karma Box has returned.
Parkinson's patient was using this box this year, and his kids just bought him a Volcano.
This morning I got the call, saying that he wanted to let the "next player a chance up at bat".
Nothing but good vibes have surrounded this box since day one.
I thought I would pass this along....
We do well to remind ourselves... that Karma is Queen.
I have a couple of MFLBs to place now.
This week will be a rewarding one.

needalift

I am feeling very moved by this thread . I sent you a message Vito , but would like to say here how awesome I think you are for what you do for others . Everybody should strive to be more like you. Best wishes to you , and I hope that more and more people decide to participate in what you are doing ...

Vitolo

Vaporist
And indeed @needalift has been in touch.
A portable that will go very well in someone's routine.
There seems a niche for every style.
I wish their was a way some of you could face the recipients for a moment in time.
I am looking in their eyes for you all.
My brain injury has left me a very sensitive person.
I learned after the coma my hippocampus was damaged, and other areas.
I can not fool people... I became too transparent.
My wife says that this is a childlike and endearing quality, and that people appreciate my openness.
I wear my heart on my sleeve and am quick to tears.
I have a great deal of help.
I am a very lucky man.
You all have made me have an easy time of it..
FC, and PhotoRider..... and you vaporists with extra units to spare.
Oh and now donations to buy back members stuff for others!
I told Patty I felt guilty having my job made easier... like I am supposed to be paying a penance
and this has lightened the load I was intended by my maker to carry.
Patty said I was being selfish, if I did it all myself.
She explained I have to share the feeling of repaying the Universe, with those
that also feel the same...and let them march with me.
I said it before. I love you guys.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Patty's a sage! She is absolutely right, as my greatest thanks in all of this is to you for allowing us to be a part of it!

See, now you're not just helping those in need of vapes, but also many of us in need of a way to express compassion!

Win-win-win!

needalift

Patty's a sage! She is absolutely right, as my greatest thanks in all of this is to you for allowing us to be a part of it!

See, now you're not just helping those in need of vapes, but also many of us in need of a way to express compassion!

Win-win-win!
Agreed !! Not only are you helping the less fortunate Vito , but you are helping us the more fortunate in this case . Most of us probably didn't realize that they were destined to help someone else until we heard how you did it . Very inspirational !!

EveryDayAmnesiac

My OG Davinci shipped off to Vitolo this morning! Vacuum sealed and with the extra bubble wrap from my last delivery. :nod: Up to our trusty Post Office now...

Couldn't find much in the way of accessories and screens... hopefully someone else can step up and send him some extras?

Thanks again for this opportunity, Vitolo. Always nice to feel a little less shitty about myself for a while. :lol: I should try doing good things more often.

Your work is much admired!

:bowdown:

Vitolo

Vaporist
My OG Davinci shipped off to Vitolo...Couldn't find much in the way of accessories and screens... hopefully someone else can step up and send him some extras?
I just sent off an OG Pinnacle to Vitolo today . I hope it helps someone that needs it .
You guys are the bomb.
I actually was already sent a couple of spare parts for both of these vapes, so things have fallen into place as the Universe had planned.

Vitolo

Vaporist
A member wrote to me... and made a suggestion.
They said I may want to post updates to remind folks where we are at with finances.
The reasoning was that it would keep members "engaged".
Humility will prevent me from continually talking about this and posting updates.
I explained to him:
I am embarassed to keep talking about this.
I do not want to "come off" as a Telethon and reminding folks does not feel natural.
I get uncomfortable "fishing" for help.
Thanks.

I do not want to dampen the excitement that anyone has felt.
I also do not want to stifle anyone's desire to be involved.
If anyone is interested to know how far we have come, please write me a message and I will share all info.
I will continue to post about when special patients get special vapes.
I will continue accepting help, in the form of small donations and used equipment
I will continue to be grateful for all help..
I will not keep reminding folks, however.. that just isn't me!:)
Report:
You all know about the portables that have come in.
I figured out how to let folks know 24/7 where we are at, without extra comments!
There has also been a total of 55 dollars donated...
Balance will appear in my signature!
I am checking the classifieds daily, and wait for something patient friendly, and in budget!

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Back to back post, but this needed it's own post.
This super fantastic deal was at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/solo-package.14016/#post-594837 in the classifieds
I never even had time to see it....
and I learned that it was purchased by a member already (that wished to remain anonymous)
and it is being sent to us me in Arizona to pass on to a patient in need.
It is a solo with case and extras.
When you see the picture, you will know why I am excited.
I told you about shattered Egos.
A strong woman or man, reduced to life in a wheelchair or worse can be lived with, and survived.
What remains is a damaged self concept.
Throw poverty into the mix and this becomes tough on an Ego.
Patients in this position, expect 2nd best.
They think their lives are going to be 2nd best from this day forth.
A new vaporizer impresses their inner psyche, and gives reason for a patient to feel like "hot stuff".

You want tears... with a lump in your throat???
Come watch a patient walk in here shy, and humbly.... amazed that someone wants to help.
See them leave, with a cockier attitude. See a "strut" in their broken gait.
Watch a crippled person strut like a peacock, because they feel like "they are bad to the bone"
If you can hold a dry eye for that you are a stone.
So.... back to thought.
They arrive and are expecting some help.
As we medicate with the patients new tool, the walls melt..
(MJ does that)
I envision the conversation..
Me playing it out... and holding the extras until toward the end.
"By the way... I told you earlier that Solos have other stems that can be gotten. Well this member from FC has included a custom Ed's wooden Stem, so you could vape like a pro, and with customization and variety."
...wait for it....
"And he wanted you to have your own travel case".
I can see it already.
It is at that point the patient will grin, and maybe even rock his head in a gesture of feeling cool..
self approval..
what a concept.
elevated self esteem...
Fix the patients body... the need for vaporization.... reduce the symptomatology....
then on top of that we...
fix the self image... the MOST broken part of all....
The part that the doctors do not fix.

A woman in a wheelchair... a few months ago, actually rocked in her chair, over the added water toy and travel case for her NO2... and sang out the Sock Monkey song from that KIA commercial.
I still hear her shaky voice, raised in song with out ANY shyness...
FULL ON EGO explosion...
She rocked head from side to side and sang: "♪..How ya like me now?...♬..♪..♩ How ya like me now?♬"
It took me a long time to catch my breath and be normal after she left.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Now here is a Vaporizer that I consider to be really patient friendly.
Vapure Genie.
It was donated to me by one of our FC retailers, as he could not in good conscience
market it, after a conflict over the products name.
I found a thread for this vaporizer, and the post is at
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapure-genie-space-vape.3432/page-2#post-595441
It is being evaluated now as a potential vape for a patient with the use of only his left extremities.
I did not want to post the vid twice, so I give the link here.

It is now being re-marketed as Vapure Space Vape

Vitolo

Vaporist
@EveryDayAmnesiac -The eagle (I mean DaVinci) has landed.
@needalift - ...a giant leap (I mean Pinnacle) for mankind....
I have done a session with each, to test function, and to help determine placements.
Both in tip top shape, and I have a few visitors coming tomorrow.
It is like an animal adoption... the placement has to be appropriate!
Thanks friends!
There are a number of candidates, and it looks like I have some thinking to do!
(its OK guys.. I think best when medicated~)

Top Bottom