Paying it Forward - A New Direction

herbivore21

As you may know, fc member @PhotoRider ran a series of contests and auctions late last year as a gift to the staff here. His incredible altruism and generosity will continue to be a priceless source of inspiration and optimism to me and many others I'm sure. On behalf of the staff, and everyone involved here at fc, thank you, PhotoRider!

It didn't take long for the spirit to spread, and what happened next is summarized perfectly by the following announcement. I can't take credit for writing it, but I was nominated to post it and am very happy to do so.

When the moderators were blessed to receive such a gift as result of PhotoRider's contest and generosity, we all talked it over, and felt that being here at FC was such a joyous job, that we wanted to "pay it forward", instead of keeping the gift.

This is where Vitolo comes in.

FC Member Vitolo lives in a state that only 3 years ago was made into a Medical Marijuana State. He is active in helping low income patients that are moderately to severely disabled to find vaporizers.

Doctors in his state, like Dr. Heather Moroso and Dr. Garcia refer patients that they screen and assure are low income, and moderately disabled at minimum, and they ask that Vito teach them about Vaporization, and other alternative methods of MMJ consumption.

Over the course of time, many have helped Vito in his plan to aid these patients.

• Manufacturers like AromaZap, 7th Floor, Vapor Brothers, and Delta9 and others have stepped up and helped Vito with this endeavor.
  • Retailers also have joined in. Folks like PuffitUp, Vapor Warehouse, Vape World, PlanetVape and BlissSville have kicked in to help when they could.
  • FC Members have also sent Vitolo older vapes that have fallen out of regular use, and Vito finds appropriate homes in the community for all of them. So many have helped with this, that it would be unfair to single them out , as we may leave someone out.
Apologies if anyone that has helped was inadvertently excluded.

The Moderators wanted to do something here also.

We have elected to let Vitolo get Medical grade devices, and grinders to a few of the most financially limited, and severely disabled, Card Holding patients the local Doctors have referred to his care.

Vitolo has made arrangements with the manufacturers and sellers, and is getting the best possible deal that can be had, because everyone involved wants to help out.

We surely hope you approve of how the Moderators at FC have decided we will use the money we have been given.

Thank you, Vito for doing the legwork and making it easy for us to help others. Thank you everyone for making this community what it is! I hope that we can continue to do great things. :)

This is the best post I've ever read here, and there is some stiff competition!

Kudos to @Vitolo for doing some of the most noble work imaginable (also for all the advice which has fed my GAS and VAS :D ).

Kudos to the mods for directing these funds to such a good cause!

Kudos to the FC members/retailers too!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Perhaps it might be wise if mods could "Sticky" a message at the top of the Classified Threads, informing potential sellers of the good cause. I imagine a lot of persons that do not know Vito's work, might choose to donate rather than going through the hassle of selling online for pennies on the dollar.

Keep on the good work!

caliwisp

Cali Dreamin'
Thank you so much @PhotoRider, @Vitolo, @vtac, moderators, and FC community! This is a wonderful spirit to spread around.

Those of us in legal states are so fortunate. It's sad to think what some people have to go through, and what they have to risk, for just a little health and peace of mind.

It's frustrating that although technology is progressing and prices are slowly coming down, good vape equipment is still so out of grasp (both conceptually and financially) for so many people.

I'm grateful to folks in this community for contributing to the advancement of a healthier and tastier alternative!

lazylathe

Almost there...
This is awesome news indeed!!!

Would you be interested in vapes that we have tried and are just lying around taking up space?
I have a Stage 2 FlashVape that you can have if you have a patient with a need for it!
Check it out in the classifieds and if you can use it shoot me a PM and i will send it your way!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
This is awesome news indeed!!!

Would you be interested in vapes that we have tried and are just lying around taking up space?
I have a Stage 2 FlashVape that you can have if you have a patient with a need for it!
Check it out in the classifieds and if you can use it shoot me a PM and i will send it your way!

That is the spirit we have been hoping to inspire. It is a great way to ensure that this initiative is continued. Thanks for your support.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have been sharing a couple of my experiences with some of the staff.
You all realize by now that the staff are mostly very sensitive folks with very large hearts.
Our pakalolo is hardly an exception.. and is thinking of others a good deal of the time.
It was pak that recommended that I share a couple of my meetings of compassionate beginings for new patients that were referred to me for "the talk"..... A visit to the Vape Room in my home.

XXXXX... a sweet gal, with a disturbingly obvious arthritic condition in her hands had been vaporizing with an NO2 I got for her at a GREAT discount. It was less than perfect for her due to her limited Manual dexterity... but she used it for over a year, as her only vape. At that time it was the best discount I could get on a good portable. (I forgot to mention that she needed it to be portable!).
I see her monthly to monitor her progress, help clean the unit, make sure she has ample meds etc.
In a much better position now, I contacted her to visit me... I had a surprise.
I saw her and traded that NO2 which she could barely open and close for a brand new Solo. I had given her an acrylic Volcano grinder at the time that she came to me to learn about her NO2.
I gave her a new Space case with her Solo!
She tried to give me her NO2 and Volcano Grinder in a spirit of community support.
I considered accepting to pay the ripple effect some respect and move the favor on... but I realized that she had paid her own cash for that NO2.
Egos are fragile when one is sick
Pain makes you look down upon yourself.
I know this because I take a pretty bloody emotional beating at my own hands from day to day.
I know when it is time to give a gal a leg up to a better view of the parade.
I told her... "Thanks, but you better keep that as a spare.
You're in the big leagues now.. a Vaporist, tried and true.
Now you own a grinder collection, and have a back up vape for the road.... you go girl!
"
Her rapid hug nearly broke my aching form, but did wonders for my heart.

NO2... this brings me to another good visit. XXXXXX. Kid was a sharp one, but like others in his condition, somewhat sheltered, and so kind of straight laced and naive about "meds".
I stood over his 13 year old shoulder as his mom sat and watched with me, as he neatly disassembled and reassembled the NO2 after a few demos.
In a short time, he was a Noob Vaporist, with a new grinder and NO2. I had 2 NO2 "Riot Cases" so I donated one so he could leave in style. Again.. that old Ego thing. Help someone who is down, NOT feel in debt when you are doing a favor for them... Let them walk away feeling the excitement of feeling rich for a minute.

Yesterday was a good one here.
Mother/son patients....
Mom came because her Doctor asked her to please try vaporization.
getting off Morphine was hard, but she did it all the way by using MMJ. Smoking. At night though she could not sleep for the discomfort of the withdrawal. She used herb more to sleep, but began to suffer due to extreme explosions of coughing, that caused vomiting and hyperventilation.
She learned fast, and we tried different vapes.
She loved the Vapor Brothers, and so it was what she got!
The upward angle of the element is daunting to some, but she was up for the challenge, and learned fast. (start inhaling a few inches before you get to that heat source, and slide it on down!).
Her son is an old kid (30) to be living at home, but had a brain injury, and became awkward socially, and irresponsible materially, and financially. Prone to dropping things and breaking many items.. he was given a unit also.. A Vapure Cube It was the most disposable of the vapes that I had that I could repair or replace with few tears. I will be happy with him getting 6 months out of it.
The vapure Cube was the non-digital one with a rotary on off switch. It was a donation from Randy just for this situation!
Mom got the space case grinder, while he got 2 acrylic grinders. We discussed that his grinders were cheaper quality, so that I could give him double, as he loses things.
They got a few buds to start off things, and each got a cannabutter cookie with no warning and an ABV muffin with a heavy-ass warning as my thanks for letting me talk to them.
Like each new vape owner, they each got a bottle of 91% Iso.
They each, like every patient that I work with each walked away with a hug and this pin:
designalldll.jpg

I just picked a couple of the patient's stories.
There are other stories.
My stories are not always easy to share without tears.
I can still talk about the Volcano that we brought to the couple in one Hospice.
But I know that when they are gone it will become harder to talk about.
*When you sit with someone and answer Marijuana questions for a couple of hours...
*Then spend a while teaching them to use a vape...
*Then get medicated with them, to show them your style....
......which in turn becomes THEIR style.
*Learning what strain they need.
*Remembering what parts they break.
*Watching them on each support visit, use their vape.. with my own signature quirks and moves...
*And knowing that they are in great pain, like me....
*...seeing that you are a rare one to have their trust (and their smile)
..It all makes you feel close to a person.

It is all good and makes my LARGE debt to the Universe seem tolerable day to day, to do what I do.

There is a very painful side too.
I only see low income, moderate to severely disabled patients.
They are often very ill.
And old.
It hurts when I get "that phone call".. and it never gets any easier.
I know I was there for them and made those days better for them.

A selfish man I am I suppose.
I am doing this to ease my own conscience, because I feel I am indebted to the Universe for the gift of extended life, that defies medical odds.
Thanks FC... PhotoRider...Staff and members alike for being a huge part of this chapter.

Edit.. lazylathe and VaporsVaporizer were in touch.. and others that specified no names.
These folks are helping me out... but I must make something clear. I will pay postage where I can, but it is important to me that no person suffer financially. If you sell vapes to help your own lives, then you are already serving "a patients needs". It would make me feel best if those that wish to help do not spread themselves too thin to try to do so.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
No Money for me thanks!
This is what paying it forward is all about!
If you can help someone in need, then it is the right thing to do!

Never can tell when you might be the one in need...

@Vitolo I will also include the Purple Days vape, stems and packer. Just minus the power supply, hoping you may have one lying around! Just going through all my stuff!

Vitolo

Vaporist
Your the hero, Kid!
You came up the sidelines and did it silently at that.
I am no more than a tool.
That is what I told the Glass Sherlock VG patient..
"A member of the Vapor Review Forum has stepped up, and sent this to me to give to you.
if you ever lose faith that there are real heros, pull out this vape and take a hit.. and then go about your business."

rshetts

What an awesome and inspirational thread. I am very new to both the vape scene and to FC. I am a chronic pain sufferer who had given up herb due to my issues with asthma. Vaping has changed all of that for me. At my doctors recommendation I gave vaping a try and Ive not looked back since.

Thank you so very much to all of you who have had a hand in this venture and to everyone who has "paid it forward" to help others. The stigma that has been placed on marijuana use, keeps people from seeing the true compassion that so many of us have. I am proud to be associated, even if its very peripherally, with the efforts of FC.
Big props to Vitolo and the FC community, for helping to make so many peoples world a better place. YOU ROCK!

lazylathe

Almost there...
What an awesome and inspirational thread. I am very new to both the vape scene and to FC. I am a chronic pain sufferer who had given up herb due to my issues with asthma. Vaping has changed all of that for me. At my doctors recommendation I gave vaping a try and Ive not looked back since.

Thank you so very much to all of you who have had a hand in this venture and to everyone who has "paid it forward" to help others. The stigma that has been placed on marijuana use, keeps people from seeing the true compassion that so many of us have. I am proud to be associated, even if its very peripherally, with the efforts of FC.
Big props to Vitolo and the FC community, for helping to make so many peoples world a better place. YOU ROCK!

Is this the same rshetts from bubbleponics?
Recognize the screen name!

Awesome news that vaping helped you out so much!

rshetts

Why yes, I am! Nice to see some cross over from another excellent forum! Vaping has allowed me to eliminate combustion from my routine. It does wonders in helping to control my pain and I dont get the negative effect on my ability to breathe, like I do from combustion. I recommend vaping to everyone I know who uses herb.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Why yes, I am! Nice to see some cross over from another excellent forum! Vaping has allowed me to eliminate combustion from my routine. It does wonders in helping to control my pain and I dont get the negative effect on my ability to breathe, like I do from combustion. I recommend vaping to everyone I know who uses herb.

Welcome to your next home Brotha!

Vitolo

Vaporist
A friend of FC... a 'Well Known Member' and a native New Yorker sent a couple of used vapes...
A DaVinci, and an MFLB kit.
I told you guys at some earlier point, about The Working Poor... Patients that are not on SSI, for lack of know-how, or time to just stop working day to day to sit down and do it.
Some, a step above being homeless, move from weekly rented hotels and from shelter to shelter..
WITH KIDS in tow... And, while they may live rough, their kids go to school, and they never miss work.
The working poor.
That Davinci Caught one patients eye!.
He is the "working poor" I described
Has a job but life is hard for him.
Spinal injury patient that is a single Dad.
Works in a restaurant as a waiter in day, and in a dish room in evening.
He has two kids, and works damned hard.
He liked the look of the Da Vinci. He has been combusting because a Joint was all he could stash and hide from his kids.
A desktop vape was not an option for his family atmosphere.
Nervous and proud when I told him I was going to get him a portable vape... he felt calmer when I said..
"Hey look... this isn't even from me! This is a used vape someone was getting rid of".
Everyone was happy.
The new owner of the vape is happy.
The past owner of the vape is happy.
I am very happy.
The cute little DaVinci is Happy.

With the right attitude, the pieces of the Universes mysterious puzzle seems to fit.
All together now.
All you need is love.
Act naturally.
Baby it's you.
Come Together.
Don't Ever Change.

and finally..
I get by with a little help from my friends. That's you FC!
Thanks

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am excited about the package that approaches @lazylathe
You da man.. if you will accept the expression!
If you remember from my website, and the happenings when MMJ became legalized here, that patients were going strong for the Zaps.
We called them Arizona Medical RockZaps. ( see http://vaporist.wordpress.com/category/zaps/ ) The brass ones also became known here as being a tool that were "genteel" and not so "heady" looking.
They looked old fashioned and appealing. Historically this is when Rick changed the Zaps, for patients use.... and then the government acting on lies and misinformation shut him down. If you went to that page above, you will understand that naturally after such a presentation (read the whole article!)... patients around here felt that there WAS NO OTHER vaporizer comparible for a patient to use and display.
I got just under 50 Zaps into the hands of the patients that I was serving at that time.
They all paid for their Zaps.. at a discount beyond belief, I assure you.
I did not know back then about the less fortunate cardholders plight... and was not tuned in to ways to help. I was not yet officially connected in the same way I am at this moment to influential friends, manufacturers, retailers, and community love.
Back to your post and package @lazylathe ...
The package if I am not mistaken has a Zap in it, and this is more special than you could imagine.
Even these new patients I see , that have no internet access, have heard things through the grapevine...
and here years later, when they come, and I ask if they are interested in a vape, some respond "A Medical Zap?"
Next patient up...
next one that asks that....
... gets a "yes".

lazylathe

Almost there...
I am excited about the package that approaches @lazylathe
You da man.. if you will accept the expression!
If you remember from my website, and the happenings when MMJ became legalized here, that patients were going strong for the Zaps.
We called them Arizona Medical RockZaps. ( see http://vaporist.wordpress.com/category/zaps/ ) The brass ones also became known here as being a tool that were "genteel" and not so "heady" looking.
They looked old fashioned and appealing. Historically this is when Rick changed the Zaps, for patients use.... and then the government acting on lies and misinformation shut him down. If you went to that page above, you will understand that naturally after such a presentation (read the whole article!)... patients around here felt that there WAS NO OTHER vaporizer comparible for a patient to use and display.
I got just under 50 Zaps into the hands of the patients that I was serving at that time.
They all paid for their Zaps.. at a discount beyond belief, I assure you.
I did not know back then about the less fortunate cardholders plight... and was not tuned in to ways to help. I was not yet officially connected in the same way I am at this moment to influential friends, manufacturers, retailers, and community love.
Back to your post and package @lazylathe ...
The package if I am not mistaken has a Zap in it, and this is more special than you could imagine.
Even these new patients I see , that have no internet access, have heard things through the grapevine...
and here years later, when they come, and I ask if they are interested in a vape, some respond "A Medical Zap?"
Next patient up...
next one that asks that....
... gets a "yes".

And the coolest part about this whole stroy is that i bought the Zap from Vitolo!
And now it is headed back in his direction!
Karma baby!!!!

Heading off to read the article now!

Top Bottom