Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKickass

That's a JoeKickAss photo.

I reposted it, but you're right I forgot to give credit!

Found it, DudeIt'sBrian is the photographer!
1.) no gas is gonna be coming off the pcb, don't worry :p
2.) even if it was, the vapor path is completely isolated from the electronics, the gasses would never reach your lungs.

i'm using my unit right now with no o-rings in it, since they are both broken. it doesn't seem to get any hotter than a device with o-rings, the only difference is the device slides in and out of its shell more easily.

also, inspired by the pictures JoeKickass posted:
jso6xx.jpg

2vv95xt.jpg

2rhbkef.jpg
My post with his pic: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pax-vaporizer-by-ploom.6223/page-140#post-280185

mollee

mollee,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
i was in my office this morning when i noticed a skunky smell .
i look trough the window ; nothing... i smelled my clothes , nothing.
the smell was getting stronger and stronger ...

i finally noticed that my pax has open in my bag and that the load was cooking.
i was freaking out ! could of got caught.

maybe i need to put a rubber band around it..

vape4health

We need silicone caps made to hold the mouthpiece and lid on, like a sleeve with lanyards to hold the caps when in use, would also keep crap out of the mouthpiece. I dropped my Pax in the blacktop drive way, Pax is fine but top and bottom went flying, caps would have helped.

vape4health,
Reactions: francis

2 Paces

Paxadaisical

Silly question, and I have tried to search for the answer... I just don't know how to word it for a search. Does anyone know if it's normal for the light on the side of the Pax to change to blue during a vape session? In particular, it's more inclined to happen when it's being drawn on. It does it for about a second, and resumes the green light. I assume that this is normal; just the Pax doing a thermal cycle. Is that correct?

Paxadaisical,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
Silly question, and I have tried to search for the answer... I just don't know how to word it for a search. Does anyone know if it's normal for the light on the side of the Pax to change to blue during a vape session? In particular, it's more inclined to happen when it's being drawn on. It does it for about a second, and resumes the green light. I assume that this is normal; just the Pax doing a thermal cycle. Is that correct?
it's in the manual . it's the "sleep mode".

if you stay steady for a while it turn to blue.

Vitolo

Vaporist
That is why I never set the pax down during a session.. as long as your hand is in motion of some type, you are good to go!

Vitolo,
Reactions: ogcook

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
Well my pax will sometimes kick over to sleep when I am hitting it.. I cycle breathe when I am doing it by myself, in through the mouth and out through the nose. So sometimes the pax doesn't move.

I don't recommend getting used to blowing vapor out of your nose, while it is nice with a vape, when you hit anything else (dabs in my case) and exhale through your nose... GONE. Bad idea. Just my :2c:

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
I was too far gone last night (exhaling keif encrusted wax through my nose and couldn't stop coughing). I am going to stay with the Pax, nice clean high and I don't feel worthless afterwards. The dab was taken via a Da Buddha Vape through glass however it still was too much for me. To those who dab, props to you.. too much for me.

ILoveCollege,

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
While it's not exactly what you're looking for, I found that Mentos gum caps can be used as caps with very little modification. They keep the smell in, keep dirt out, keep the lid on, and deter unwanted power ups.

The original post that describes them is here, #8824

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pax-vaporizer-by-ploom.6223/page-353

the mentos gum case is a perfect fit for the pax. I cut out the section below the cap because its too small, then used the cap on the mp end and used the rest of the case over the other end. you could also cut two cases in half and slide them over each end.

JoeKickass

the mentos gum case is a perfect fit for the pax. I cut out the section below the cap because its too small, then used the cap on the mp end and used the rest of the case over the other end. you could also cut two cases in half and slide them over each end.

Sweet! Does it cut down on smell when in your pocket?

JoeKickass,

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
Definitely, the case itself smells like peppermint(or whatever flavor gum). If the case gets stinky after awhile just chuck it and get a new one.

welderboy,

TheCrusher

Analog Man / Digital World
Mine used to fall asleep on me, I just learned the "Jiggling Hand" technique* of Kung Fu and now have no problems.

* I'll save you the trip to China and the 3 years of intense study. While holding the Pax with a thumb and forefinger grip, lightly tap on the end with your ring finger.

TheCrusher,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Mine used to fall asleep on me, I just learned the "Jiggling Hand" technique* of Kung Fu and now have no problems.
* I'll save you the trip to China and the 3 years of intense study. While holding the Pax with a thumb and forefinger grip, lightly tap on the end with your ring finger.

Kung Fu Masters now give infants devices like you see here to instill
the Jiggling Hand reflex from birth~
2z9hz6g.gif

2 Paces

Yeah, I noticed that the case piece that was left over fits the Pax like a glove. I was trying to figure out a way to connect 2 of them together (other than just ugly tape) to make a full case for it. Haven't found anything convenient yet.

I went with a cap on each end because they stay attached unlike the case that can slide off, but I kept all the leftover case parts in hopes that I can figure out some kind of connector...

2 Paces,

Paxadaisical

so, even though I'm holding the Pax, taking a hit, it's normal to turn blue? For some reason, I thought party mode would be after 20 seconds or so...

It doesn't stay blue... as a matter of fact, while I was hitting it last night it went to purple. Strange...

Paxadaisical,

vape4health

My Pax made it's first public appearance today. I'm walking around (********) amusement park and people would notice my ecig more then the pax. To be fair it's a huge ecig, iTaste with a nova tank so it's understandable.

vape4health,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
My Pax made it's first public appearance today. I'm walking around (********) amusement park and people would notice my ecig more then the pax. To be fair it's a huge ecig, iTaste with a nova tank so it's understandable.
so no ganj in it?

Mr.Krinkle,

vape4health

so no ganj in it?
Im in PA so it was dried plant material, but yes it was loaded and in use for a few mintues here and there all day when the time was right. Most of the people in my party were "not cool" so my wife was super sketched at first but after a few mintues she forgot, and no she don't partake.

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
so, even though I'm holding the Pax, taking a hit, it's normal to turn blue? For some reason, I thought party mode would be after 20 seconds or so...

It doesn't stay blue... as a matter of fact, while I was hitting it last night it went to purple. Strange...

When the light is Green you are at temperature. When the light turns Blue you are in standby mode, aka battery saver mode. If the light is Purple it is heating up, so essentially when you turn it on the light orders should go like this

(click on)
Purple - Heating up
Yellow/Orange/Red - This is you checking your temperature setting [some may do this, some may not, I am always checking my temperature to make sure I start on low (pack more punch per oven)]
Purple - Heating up
Green - At temp (or around it)
Blue - If you let it sit and go into standby*
*Purple - Heating up
*Green - At temp

*if necessary

ILoveCollege,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom