Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have been strictly vape (with very few exceptions) since the beginning of this year. I love vaping and can't stand smoking anymore...only if I absolutely have no other choice. I hate to say I have been prefering my Pax over my cloud. I am having mixed feeling about that right now. Maybe I just need to give it more time.

jambandphan03,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I hate to say I have been prefering my Pax over my cloud. I am having mixed feeling about that right now. Maybe I just need to give it more time.

Hey, that's totally ok. Don't worry, just enjoy where the winds (and vapor) blow you. Those are two great and different vapes. I must say I've foregone the occasional cloud session to use my Pax at home because it's so cool. And when I'm on the go, it's all pax all the time! :tup:

That video is sexy. ;)

Man, I just got my cloud and hydratubes but am waiting for my replacement pax. Once it arrives, I gotta try this out.

Incidentally, I sent my pax back to VW and according to USPS delivery confirmation, they received it on the 4th. I had issues with a stuck mp (couldn't even get it to pop up anymore) and stuck temp button. I was (un?)fortunate enough to get in on the first round of pax deliveries, so I was making many of the common rookie cleaning mistakes. Oh well, live and learn. Just waiting to hear back from VW... :\

Until then, I can reminisce about the good times we had. :luv:

So I just discovered that my jar of ABV from lower temp vaping (solo on 4, cloud at 10-11) is giving me alot of vapor still in my Pax on the high setting. So I think I am going to curb my consumption of greenery through out the day by revaping some of this ABV, making a twice vaped ABV jar to make some tincture or oil with.

Awesome idea. This addresses the "consumption efficiency" problems of both the cloud and the pax.

Hey guys, so I already pre-ordered my PAX from VW, but now im getting second thoughts. Not because of the small problem I have heard of, I'm pretty sure reading this whole thread has let me know how to handle it, but that I might be leaning towards the solo now. If I could I would like to have both but it looks like I can only have one.

My :2c: on this:

The first hit from both devices produces some delicious vapor. If my stable consisted of only the solo and pax (a solid arsenal, I might add), the pax would be my road piece and the solo would be my home piece.

As many others have said, the pax is one of the best portable flower vapes out there. Super stealthy, excellent oven capacity, great battery life; everything you need in a vape when you're out and about.

While at home, I would choose the solo because I find it much more efficient than the pax (in terms of herb consumption). At home, I don't have to worry about constantly reloading the stem. The wall adapter and more precise temp control (compared to the pax) also make it a great home vape.

FWIW, I think the draw on the solo is actually easier than with the pax. It's prolly b/c I pack the shit out of the pax (.4g-.5g), which produces the best results but also eats up a serious amount of herb.

As I mentioned, I currently don't have my pax :cry:. As a result, the solo has become my (current) portable flower vape of choice. Using one of ed's stems eliminates the worry of carrying glass stems, which was one of the reasons I wasn't using it on the road. In the end, I catch myself wishing that I had my pax.

So, which one to get? Fuck it, get BOTH if you can! It doesn't hurt to have a back-up device.

But...... if you held a gun to my head and I had to choose one, I think I would go with the pax. Both vapes are great, but right now portability and ease of use take precedent for me when it comes to vaping; I give the pax the edge here.

UpUpandAway,
Reactions: willieR

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I forgot to charge mine and I almost had to call in sick to work! I brought it anyway and it's hitting fine so far!

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Ok you guys need to start a support group. This is the exact thing I am finding with the INH. You like the device so much you use it just because you like it. You use way more herb cause you just want to vape. I already admited I am a inhalater-a-holic in my signuture. Who will be with me and admit they are a pax-a-holic or like vaperhole said a "Paxafist" nah you have to say you are a pax-a-holic. We all need serious help. :rofl:

Dreamerr,

Cryker

So I went on the chat support today and asked them for an update on my order from august 31st and to see if they would be shipping out soon this is the response I got:
l1j89m.gif
As of now I don't have a specific date to offer you--we are anticipating still being able to ship out new Paxs within this month

I thought in august they said in a couple of weeks more specifically around the 10th now there shooting inside of a month, pissed

Cryker,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yes, support might be needed here, I just got my pax last week, and have been trying to figure out a way to get a second one as soon as they are back in stock. :rofl: Anyone want to buy a cloud? kidding... well, at least right now I am. We'll see what happens in a couple of months. Don't get me wrong, most of what I am saying about the cloud is meant to be a joke, it is by far the best plug in vape I have ever used, but I am all over this pax for ease of use, and how fast I can get it warm and giving me fat milky hits. It does consume more bud than any of my others, at home, that's not such a good thing, but when out and about, it is good that I won't have to reload it as often. Pax-a-holics unite! :lol:

Cryker

My fear is that they got whatever shipment they thought they'd be able to send out this week and are sending out replacements and giving to third-party vendors instead of sending out new ones which is annoying, Knew i should of just waited until back in stock

Cryker,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Yea, they told me manufacturing delay and they are hoping to ship mine out by end of this week, early next week. I'm crossing my fingers. Still stupid excited to get it :-)

newVaper420,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

I am getting sick and tired of these companies taking my money months in advanced with nothing to show for it.

They could at least wait to charge my card until it's ready to ship out. :mad:

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

murph17

But for the last few days my mouth piece has been acting up. It will warm up purple and then turn orange. I can half click it down and most times it will reset but sometimes it won't it will just go orange or flash red. Wtf? Can't wait to see if the new mouthpiece corrects this. Also I have kept my pax very clean. I feel like if I gently push down with my lipps it will stop and then turn green. Any ideas?
+1 on this. The weird thing is my Pax was acting fine until I gave it a good cleaning yesterday and then this started :(

I have emailed Ploom support about it.

murph17,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom