Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I would just go to the main site Ploom.com and order one direct. Any of the issues they mention can be dealt directly through Ploom if you find you have any of them. They have a chat feature, and good customer service on the support page of the site. If you don't want to go through them, vapeworld I believe carries them and also planetvape.ca will have them as soon as they are in stock. Can't go wrong dealing directly with the company though.

jambandphan03,

willieR

Been here since 2009
try Vape World

Where in the hell can a guy get a Panasonic ncr18650b?? Orbtronics seems closed until winter

Also, I want to read up on this charging upside dwn thing. Anyone want to guess how far back in this epic thread that might be? two months? Three?

willieR,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I had some sad news on my order.
Looks like I need to find another source. I was looking forward to my PAX:
I might wait for the improved PAX II ? :shrug:

That's likely a bitter dealer starting some crap with a manufacturer because they didn't get their way. Clearly Ploom has supported these things with no questions asked, and the dealers are selling all that they have. Pretty good deal for a dealer.

Everyone here has has great results with Ellen from Vape World.

HSIHP

What kind of grind is everybody sing with the pax? I have a stock 4 piece grinder and a small two piece space case and i usually run it through both before the pax. I man also get a coffee grinder soon, would that would better?

HSIHP,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
personally, I would not use a coffee grinder, some people do, but I think it's got too high a rotation, really knocks around your bud, more of the meds will fall off. I am sure some find it works ok for them, this is just my take on it. I use a SSV 4 piece grinder, I think it's a med/fine grind, and I am not having any issues.

jambandphan03,

MrNorml

Hey all, glad to see that most fellow fc'ers are getting proper performance out of the Pax. I have a huge
bug up my bum since there has been no response to my dead unit from Ploom. I expect this lack of
communication from the Atmos and Stealth people, but not Ploom. I have sent 3 messages, and even
taken into consideration that my concerns were voiced over a weekend. So, its not the weekend now, and
I am out $250 with no one to cry to but you all. Dammit!!! I loved the performance on the 2 sessions I got
out of the Pax. I have tried shaking it, cursing it, turning it on the side on the charger. Shit and shove me
in it, what a big pain in the ass!!!!! Wake the fuck up, Ploom. Right now Ploom can suck a giant monkey
wang for not dropping everything and making me happy!!!!FUCK!My glaucoma is flaring like a pack of hemroids.....fuck the spelling!!!!

I love the cobalt blue, it looks so cool JUST FUCKING SITTING THERE!!!!ARGGHHHHH

Well, you need to have alternatives ready for when the daily driver stops. I got 3 Iolites to maintain 1 working one (now have 2 workers!), got 2 Solos (seller sent 2 billed for 1 my win!) LB (never did like it at all) and a couple others of no use or mention. So now since I ordered one of these from Ploom's site, if it has problems I have something to fall back on. Even a cheap box vape with an Arizer 'stack' or chimney or whatever on it with elbow and tube can work really well for under 100 bux. But, since seemingly anything _can_ fail at times, if it is essential for you, you must have a spare.
I got black like all my other electronic stuff is. I am concerned about the bottom falling out/getting lost, or the top springing off and getting lost. Stuff can happen. Apparently the thing isn't even waranteed against acts of piracy. I have never seen a company exclude that before so I am concrerned. However, the general feeling I get is that most are impressed with the unit. Unfortunately sometimes getting a manufacturer to actually do something takes time and many of us are impatient. (Took literally months and months to get one Iolite repaired/replaced - way too difficult so I gave up on the 2nd broken one.) So, the bottom line is that it is unfortunate you aren't having the joyful experience many seem to have, but (a) don't give up and (b) strongly consider having a backup plan B vaporizer ready in the wings to spring to action if/when your main unit fails.
Hope it all works out or has worked out for you.

MrNorml,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Well, you need to have alternatives ready for when the daily driver stops. I got 3 Iolites to maintain 1 working one (now have 2 workers!), got 2 Solos (seller sent 2 billed for 1 my win!) LB (never did like it at all) and a couple others of no use or mention. So now since I ordered one of these from Ploom's site, if it has problems I have something to fall back on. Even a cheap box vape with an Arizer 'stack' or chimney or whatever on it with elbow and tube can work really well for under 100 bux. But, since seemingly anything _can_ fail at times, if it is essential for you, you must have a spare.
I got black like all my other electronic stuff is. I am concerned about the bottom falling out/getting lost, or the top springing off and getting lost. Stuff can happen. Apparently the thing isn't even waranteed against acts of piracy. I have never seen a company exclude that before so I am concrerned. However, the general feeling I get is that most are impressed with the unit. Unfortunately sometimes getting a manufacturer to actually do something takes time and many of us are impatient. (Took literally months and months to get one Iolite repaired/replaced - way too difficult so I gave up on the 2nd broken one.) So, the bottom line is that it is unfortunate you aren't having the joyful experience many seem to have, but (a) don't give up and (b) strongly consider having a backup plan B vaporizer ready in the wings to spring to action if/when your main unit fails.
Hope it all works out or has worked out for you.

I have returned over 10 iolites within a five year period. They all took around 2 weeks from mailing it out to receiving a new one.

Did you mail yours directly to Ireland? Thats probably why it took so long.

I have always sent my Iolites to their service deparment in Illinois.

Oh wait sorry, I thought i was responding on the Iolite thread.

Hopefully only 2 more days until my onyx Pax ships out. :rockon:

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

willieR

Been here since 2009
HephziBubba, I was asking about how you charge upside down. I suppose it will be obvious when it arrives next week. Thanks.

willieR,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Since I charge with out my mouthpiece in the pax, I don't have any issues with residue working its way down into my mouthpiece.

Pax is still working good, just loving the thick creamy vapor I get from it on high w/ my ion. I tried the pax with one of my other small travel bubblers,as well as the 5" aquavape, and in both, the vapor was much harsher than what I have been getting from the mobius, so that was a bit of a surprise today, and good to know how much difference the diffusion makes in how smooth of a hit it will be. I think the pax and the ion were made for each other. I am making myself fire up the cloud, so I don't just sit here and burn out my pax using it over and over. I guess the new is still not wearing off yet. I just love this tiny cloud machine!! I want 3 more!

jambandphan03,
willieR-
I am sorry I wasn't clear. The unit has two contacts which are used for charging inside the case on the mouthpiece end. The PAX is supposed to be charged by placing it with the mouthpiece facing down. Many of us (myself included) use the charging base upside down - charging with the mouthpiece facing up. Imagine a capital T. It's not designed to be used this way so it is not very stable. You will see what I mean when you set yours up.

jambandphan03-
Thats a good idea removing the mouthpiece to charge! I may still continue to charge upside down as I always seem to be placing the unit back on the charger when it is still warm and I would be the one with a puddle of gwomp pooled in the charger :doh:!
I'd better vake a oven and ponder this..........

willieR

Been here since 2009
Hep, thanks! I thought maybe people rigged up some contraption to accomplish this. Many thanks. I alao like jamband's idea of leaving the mouthpiece off.

Walter

Pretty cool vape, I love it. But i find the backlid being magnetic is a bit easy to loose. I worry about it sometimes when i smoke hahahah praranooooooooooid

Walter,
I just found some 91% iso at a local grocery store. This should clean much nicer than the 50% crappy iso I had before. Time to Vape an oven and give her a good cleaning.

TheAngryGiraffe,
Reactions: Vapinghole

JoeKickass

We are no longer carrying the PAX Vaporizer. Due to some non-performing and high defect issues we have mutually decided not to carry the Pax product at this time. When the company and product live up to VaporStore standards, we may offer it again.

Instead of the PAX Vaporizer we recommend the following better performing alternatives with good support:

Portable Vaporizers:

Magic Flight Launch Box Vaporizer
Davinci Vaporizer
Arizer Solo Vaporizer
MiVape Vaporizer (coming soon)

Home Use Vaporizers:

VaporTower Vaporizer
ViVape Vaporizer
Volcano Vaporizers
Plenty Vaporizer

Wow I'm about to send them some strongly worded emails...

It's one thing to say it doesn't live up to their "standards" (an opinion) but then they go on and say the mflb is better performing! There store is losing credibility fast...

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Wow I'm about to send them some strongly worded emails...

It's one thing to say it doesn't live up to their "standards" (an opinion) but then they go on and say the mflb is better performing! There store is losing credibility fast...
makes me wonder about my support since I received my pax from them and now not they are not offering it. Guess it's only through ploom now for support for me.

kushcabbage,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
makes me wonder about my support since I received my pax from them and now not they are not offering it. Guess it's only through ploom now for support for me.

I also bought from vaporstore.com, and when I had Ploom customer service on chat the other day following up with my refund, I asked about support for my pax, should i encounter a problem, and they said to contact them directly if I run into any issues. Shouldn't be a problem, I would just keep a copy of the sale email handy just in case, to prove purchase.

jambandphan03,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Well I can imagine if people don't take the time to read about the device online they might not know about the few issues. Once they experience them. They just contact the store to sent it back... instead of searching online an finding out the issues are fixable. I do find it sad that they dropped out I selling it so quickly. Seems to show a lack of faith on the distributors part towards the manufacture. I imagine this thing is selling well everywhere. I bet in the long run they will loose themselves more money by making this decision. Personally, I would have stuck it out. I guess I do not know how many reruns and defect claims they are getting.

Slightly Medicated,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
they were more than happy to sell me the blue one... which so far, is working just fine with proper maintenance.

at this point, the only thing that would make me happier with it, is if there was a way to self-flip the bowl, so I didn't have to stir it half way. I keep trying to just vape it all the way through, with out stirring, but at some point the vapor drops off, and I either have to stir, or no longer get a good hit. I have found that I can stir the bowl several times, and continue to get vapor, even when it looks done. Loving this so much, I am starting to look at my cloud and think " I could turn you into 2 more pax" :lol: uh, yeah! Firing up the cloud now to 3o'clock to change my point of view...

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Vapinghole

Peroy

For those who have taken apart the Pax, what are the two bottom o-ring seals for? They are very thin, white in color, and not realizing they were even there when I was putting it back together, they both snapped.

I know they must serve a purpose, so what should I do?

Peroy,

willieR

Been here since 2009
When a reasonable dealer stops doing business with a manufacturer, they simply stop. They don't put up a billboard saying the product sucks and all the other stuff we sell is great. That's plainly juvenile behavior.

EDIT: Just had a look at that website out of morbid curiosity. They list the Pax as the #1 vape... yet when you click it says to try something else. This company did this with iolite 2 years ago. I recognize their logo now, and realize they laid iolite out to dry when I called them back then. I would avoid them and their adolescent behavior.

For those who have taken apart the Pax, what are the two bottom o-ring seals for? They are very thin, white in color, and not realizing they were even there when I was putting it back together, they both snapped.

I know they must serve a purpose, so what should I do?

It would be great to ID them and find a replacement source. Not a simple research project, though.

willieR,
Reactions: darkrom

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
When a reasonable dealer stops doing business with a manufacturer, they simply stop. They don't put up a billboard saying the product sucks and all the other stuff we sell is great. That's plainly juvenile behavior.

And they leave up the wonderful reviews people left right below it :shrug: Actually, they still owe me a backordered replacement screen....looks like i need to send another email.

JDSupreme,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. Warning issued.
It's bait-and-switch BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom