Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my pax today and am having trouble for some reason.

I can barely get a draw when I have the oven lid on, but it seems to work fine when I vape w/o the lid.

I've tried mixing things up- finer grind, courser grind, fully-packed, 1/2 packed, packed tight, and packed loosely (it's been a productive day). I also cleaned the device but still no dice getting a decent hit w/ the oven lid on.

Has anyone else run into this? Any recommendations?

Edit- nm. Per jhp's recommendation, I packed the shit out of the bowl. This, combined w/ SliM's recommended cigar toking technique, and I've been humming along...

Had the exact same experience (see my earlier post. When you read it, you will think you wrote it).....

Day 3 now and I found the technique!!! Makes up for the first 3 days....plus havent lost much, just some patience and a bit of product.

This thing hits and hits hard. Its mostly about the way you draw on it. I was trying to pull hard on it when I first got it. This unit isnt meant to be pulled hard. What I do is puff on it like you are lighting a cigar, but without removing your mouth and letting any smoke out. You are not using your lungs at all. Use your cheeks to slowly pull. Either long slow draws or you can do the "puff the magic dragon" method lol. Then after youve gathered as much vapor as you can (you will feel it in the back of your throat) inhale it. Basically , you are loading up your mouth/throat with vapor and then at the end pulling in with the inhale. I noticed on lower temps, I start with the puff and that get the vapor going faster. Then I just continue slowing drawing with my cheeks until you can feel it in the back of your throat. Believe me, you WILL know when you get your first legit hit!!! When I finally figured out the technique my first hit was a monster. After a massive coughing fit, I had to lay down on the couch I was so high..lol...it hit me HARD.

Ive packed it many different ways. Full, partial, loose, packed.......didnt help at all with the restriction. Its how you pull on it. Of course you can adjust your session lengths and intensity by how full and tight your load the bowl, but the draw is the foundation for monster hits.

Im definitely impressed with the unit. They do need to mention this in the manual or on their support site so people can get right to it. I was devastated initially as I thought it wasnt going to be any good. I couldnt have been more wrong : )

Case closed. Pilot Error.

Pax rocks!!!

JoeKickass

Just posted a full review / pictorial over at http://fadingvapor.com/Review/pax-by-ploom

Let me know if you enjoy the review!

Interesting name & first post, but good pics & review!

wow man this is just such a coincidence. I happened to step on a skateboard and it went flying into the bottom of the wall, and when i reached my hand it there my pax was just laying there!!!

ya... vaping again with my pax after i give it a nice clean!

literally the happiest day in my life, and sorry i just had to post this

Nice!!!

Hi Forum,

I just gave my new Pax a thorough testing and I'm on the fence whether to keep it, return it or sell it on the forum. You really have to suck on this thing with numerous inhales to get decent vapor. Worse than my Solo without any modifications. If you draw on the Pax without the magnetic top in place, it's easy to inhale. With the top on, it's a bitch.

This thread is full of posts like yours, try learn to draw slower and with your cheeks. This isn't a convection vape where you breathe through it, slower & more restriction = more vapor

JoeKickass,

Dammit

While I agree that the cobalt and amethyst look really good, I think they look too good and will invite some unwanted attention or questions. My onyx pax, just sitting on my coffee table, looks so benign and uninteresting. If it was cobalt or amethyst, I think it would leap out at me and draw my curiosity to the new gadget.

Dammit,

JoeKickass

While I agree that the cobalt and amethyst look really good, I think they look too good and will invite some unwanted attention or questions. My onyx pax, just sitting on my coffee table, looks so benign and uninteresting. If it was cobalt or amethyst, I think it would leap out at me and draw my curiosity to the new gadget.

Maybe but I wouldn't put that theory to the test... I treat my pax like my wallet and my cell phone, more than just huge monetary value...

JoeKickass,
Reactions: Dammit

Espo

This thing hits and hits hard. Its mostly about the way you draw on it. I was trying to pull hard on it when I first got it. This unit isnt meant to be pulled hard. What I do is puff on it like you are lighting a cigar, but without removing your mouth and letting any smoke out. You are not using your lungs at all. Use your cheeks to slowly pull. Either long slow draws or you can do the "puff the magic dragon" method lol. Then after youve gathered as much vapor as you can (you will feel it in the back of your throat) inhale it. Basically , you are loading up your mouth/throat with vapor and then at the end pulling in with the inhale. I noticed on lower temps, I start with the puff and that get the vapor going faster. Then I just continue slowing drawing with my cheeks until you can feel it in the back of your throat. Believe me, you WILL know when you get your first legit hit!!! When I finally figured out the technique my first hit was a monster. After a massive coughing fit, I had to lay down on the couch I was so high..lol...it hit me HARD.

Ive packed it many different ways. Full, partial, loose, packed.......didnt help at all with the restriction. Its how you pull on it. Of course you can adjust your session lengths and intensity by how full and tight your load the bowl, but the draw is the foundation for monster hits.

Im definitely impressed with the unit. They do need to mention this in the manual or on their support site so people can get right to it. I was devastated initially as I thought it wasnt going to be any good. I couldnt have been more wrong : )

Case closed. Pilot Error.

Pax rocks!!!

I concur, this method of hitting yields nice clouds from almost any size bowls.

Espo,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
well, nevermind my order never shipped >:( i forgot that i moved and i think the shipping\billing adress red flagged me.

Xchadb,

weedemon

enthusiast
the Pax fits in my dimebag case. it's tight, but it does fit. I like it.

As for this units performance I like it. I am a little skeptical about how long the battery will last me... for a 2 day concert, but the first day at least will be good! :) here goes!

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
the Pax fits in my dimebag case. it's tight, but it does fit. I like it.

As for this units performance I like it. I am a little skeptical about how long the battery will last me... for a 2 day concert, but the first day at least will be good! :) here goes!

I get 4 full sessions on high before the battery is toast. All those are about a third of a gram single oven loads.

tranceporter,
Reactions: weedemon

weedemon

enthusiast
ive been going on low and med so far, med is a lil harsh but that said it's giving me nice clouds too! :)

weedemon,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Hey weed! It's funny, I was thinking I hadn't seen you around in a while. Then I noticed I was "ignoring your content". LOL.

Well, I played with mine all night until it died. I love it. Seriously a game changer! I was using it on high and kicked my ass goodnight. This morning I dialed it back to medium and wow. Freaken amazing to say the least!

Tstat,

weedemon

enthusiast
how many bowls did you get tstat ? and you were ignoring me?? haha why? haha am i THAT ANNOYING? :D

weedemon,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I forget how many bowls I got. All I know is in the evening I switched over to The Shit (orginal Skunk #1) and passed out pretty quickly. I F-ing love this thing. And I have no idea why you were "ignored"! I didn't even know how to ignore someone on here. But you post said "Member content being ignored" or something like that.

Shit, do you feel like you have the 2 of most advanced, nearly perfect vaporizers now? I am working on something today for the Pax and hopefully I'll have something to show everyone tonight. That's if this pax doesn't derail my ambitious plans!

Tstat,

donald420

Hey, can't anybody help me !? :(
I'm receiving my Pax tomorrow and as I live in France, I need to buy 220V AC power adaptor to charge it. Can somebody take a picture of it to know which model I have to buy...

Thanks so much by advance !!! :tup:

what site are you buying it off that will deliver it to france?

donald420,

Phizix

Figured out party mode last night... Discovering it was intuitive and magical. I love this little vape so much.

thevapenazi

NO FIRE FOR YOU!!
i figured it out :D PM'ed ya JoeKickass! I'll just post it up in this thread here if people don't want all the PM hassle.

edit: what the, can't get it working anymore. I first triggered it by pretending it was a drumstick, and drumming two beats on the left, then two beats on the right, etc, with it.

Started flashing, and I left it flashing and did a few puffs. Reset it to film the party mode trigger but can't reproduce it anymore. Dang it, haha. Will continue working at it!

thevapenazi,

thevapenazi

NO FIRE FOR YOU!!
do the fanta girls come out to party when the party mode is activated?

no :( it flashes/cycles through the colors and to my delight, after 1 minute in party mode I took a pull and it still made clouds. Seems like it stays flashing that way with the heater running until you turn it off?

Grrr, still trying to get it to come back on.. been trying all sorts of drumming variations, still can't get it! dammit...

Edit: Got it! triggered it again, but can't reproduce it.. seems like it has to do with shaking it in a certain rhythm.. then when the white light came on, one more "shake" started off party mode... hmmmm.

Edit2: Well, now the battery is exhausted and is blinking red at me. Going to charge it back up, will resume research in an hour! :D Ooooorrr Phizix here can just tell us... haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom