Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dammit

Looks like your better off tying the magnet to a string and dropping it in there. I found the magnet only sticks to the side where the battery is, not really to the top or bottom, which sucks because the pax is probably sitting upright in there. If you're still have problems with the magnet sticking to everything, try the saran wrap thing I suggested earlier. Good luck dude

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Pulled in after work and within 2 minuted the FedEx guy pulls up with my Pax! It's charging right now but so far the design is even cooler than I thought it would be. :)

JoeKickass

The amethyst (Purple) Pax is apparently ready early, because I got mine yesterday. This first thing I wanted to test was a very small quantity of bubble hash because that's what I primarily use right now.

[video seems to not be working for some reason]

In that trial I had the Pax on medium and had the oven on for only as long as it took for the light to turn green. I found I get better results if I have the Pax on high, and let the hash cook in the oven a bit longer.

I tried the cigar puffs that slim mentioned but that didn't give me very good hits with bubble. A long, slow drag seems to work the best.

Of course this was my first impression after one day's use. Perhaps I'll change my mind later.

A couple things:

1) Purple Pax is out??? Get pictures or video asap please! :D

2) Make sure you're packing your stuff in there relatively firmly, if you're having problems with bubble hash move it closer to the heater bottom.

All Pax bowls should begin with at least a bit of ground flower squished flat like a pancake to cover the screen, then put your concentrate of whatever, but than put a bit more flower and squish it down so it's all as close as possible to the heater floor. I was never that impressed with a loosely pack Pax...

JoeKickass,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
From vapeworlds website

Amethyst (purple) Pax are now shipping. Cobalt (blue) Pax orders anticipated to ship by August 15th. Onyx (black) Pax are temporarily out of stock.

kushcabbage,

JoeKickass

i might be able to fish it out with some coat hangers, but the problem is that there is a metal tube that curves along the wall, and i have a really tight place to work with

It can be frustrating but I would try fishing a bit, it is easier than repairing a wall...

Try getting a bar magnet, taping the sides, and tape a string to it:
(so metal only sticks to the bottom)

|​
|​
|​
|​
|||_===_|||
|||--N --|||
|||------|||
|||------|||
|||------|||
|||--S --|||
|||'''==='''|||

But if it's just a narrow space and you're desperate I would punch through the wall at the base of the narrow column get your hand in there and feel around for it

JoeKickass,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Damn, I'm so impatient- how long does it take for initial charge??

So, my first impressions are:
It's larger than I thought
The oven is smaller than I thought
It feels awesome in the hand

I'm going to go stare at it some more in the hopes it hurries up and charges!!

And good luck with the lost Pax, Terp. My initial reaction was similar to the guy who razzed you. But then I was thinking that yea, parents can sometimes be intorant. Although it really is too bad in this day and age. I'm 49 and parents were horrified that I smoked. I hid shit from them all the time.
when I lived with them. We all probably did, for whatever reason... would a stud finder maybe locate it?

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Thanks to the vaporizer blog I discovered this device
Looks like the perfect size to match with my minivap and volcano. Seems convenient to load and carry, so I can really vape every time, everywhere

Gonna read the thread and probably buy it

I live in France, is there any European retailer ?

Roger D,

Ontariovapes

I just got shipping notification that my purple Pax is on its way. As with the onyx ones, they are ahead of their forecast schedule. I really like a company like that. I'm excited to do my Pax vs. Puffit vape off!

Ontariovapes,

JoeKickass

Damn, I'm so impatient- how long does it take for initial charge??

Less than an hour... but if yours came flashing red like mine did it might take close to an hour. (Inhalator takes 3 or 4 hours though so be grateful lol :p)

So, my first impressions are:
It's larger than I thought
The oven is smaller than I thought

What?? How can both of those be true at the same time? I think it's nice and small...

JoeKickass,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Kushcabbage, I definitely have the purple Pax. I was surprised to receive it because I was also expecting to wait until the 15th.
Never doubted you mate, just posting what I saw on vape world. That purple looks amazing! Gf is def going to make me get her one now.

kushcabbage,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
I have got to stop reading this thread!! I want this Vape and won't have the $ for a few more weeks. I wonder if i could get 249 of my closest friends to give me $1 each.

VaporsVaporizer,
I know there's been multiple post about restrictive flow but also about a little physical mod people are doing with their screen. By bending up the side of the screen that covers the hole just slightly, it significantly increases airflow. I was kind of shocked.

Perhaps Ploom needs to make a screen insert with some sort of very short feet on one side to maintain a small area of space unpacked and open to conduct vapor through. If you own the PAX, def pop that screen out and bend it slightly. You'll thank yourself.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
OK, I loaded it up with some nice Vortex and took some draws. It tasted nice, but no visible vapor, let alone clouds :(

Then I remembered about the temp button. I have it on medium now and I'm getting vaked for sure :)

I'll try high later on tonight with some indica. Damn this thing is sweet. And you guys should chill about air flow. It is going to take some practice, but this thing hits like a champ. Not ony that, I am already starting to formulate some ideas... Nothing left to do but :) :) :)

Tstat,

Sushi

Breathe man !
Hey, can't anybody help me !? :(
I'm receiving my Pax tomorrow and as I live in France, I need to buy 220V AC power adaptor to charge it. Can somebody take a picture of it to know which model I have to buy...

Thanks so much by advance !!! :tup:

Sushi,

terpsfan726

i honestly don't think i am going to be able to fish it out, which narrows it down to punching a hole in the wall which doesn't sound to appealing to me

terpsfan726,

BlazedRunner

run high
Hey, can't anybody help me !? :(
I'm receiving my Pax tomorrow and as I live in France, I need to buy 220V AC power adaptor to charge it. Can somebody take a picture of it to know which model I have to buy...

Thanks so much by advance !!! :tup:

2012-08-10%2013.59.21.jpg

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
terps..... didn't you say it was in a plastic bag ?

Go fishing for real, grab some line and a 3 barb hook with a leadweight just above the barbs and have at er ?

Coastal

terps..... didn't you say it was in a plastic bag ?

Go fishing for real, grab some line and a 3 barb hook with a leadweight just above the barbs and have at er ?

Hey have you thought about securing an I-phone and lowering it in so you can use facetime to view the Pax location on another phone?

If you can pinpoint the location it will help tremendously.

You can also rent a gooseneck video camera like plumbers use to snake down in there.

If it is sitting on a crossmember between the studs faced by sheetrock you can cut the hole in the exact location with a pretty dull knife (so you don't cut anything else). A patch on sheetrock is no big deal and once you get the Pax out you can call the contractor to fix it. You could say you were moving something and acc. punched a hole in it. (of course you'll have to make it look like a punched hole and not a cut one :))

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Another awesome idea Coastal... but damn, can you imagine if you snagged or dropped your I-phone ? :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom