Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
theres not much new about them, the finish has been changed three times so I wouldnt say thats an indication of anything being new, other than the finish. Only real difference I noticed was the delay on the temp switch, when the pax gets dirty the switch will loose connection briefly if you touch it the wrong way, I'm guessing the delay is to remedy this.

Mr.Krinkle,

MolecularConcept

Thanks yeah i know all about how to make concentrates but the problem is. We get this tree that mass produced its somewhat fresh so it looks nice and green but seriouslylow quality. Essentialy paying headie prices for beasters. Flash dried beasters. Noome knows what curing is....

Im noticing a problem with my pax now. My battery is acting really wacky. Ill charge it for 2 hours from dead to green take it off the charger overnight and use it in the morning and when i check batery its yellow already.

Othertimes ill have it fully charged and it only gives me a few uses throughout the daw maybe 40 mins tops.. and i use low and medium finish with high only for a fee hits. Nothin like runnin on high all tue time i should get at least an hour of use rigjt?

Its charging now im gonna see exactly how much use i get in

MolecularConcept,

KRnoS

My battery has been poor lately, but maybe because I haven't used it since December. I just picked up a lot of herbs and felt like using the Pax, instead of my MFLB, since I been neglecting it.

Got it out of storage, charged it up to green, and had a quick session on medium 4 puffs. Later in the day I wanted to keep using it and the battery was at yellow already @_@

KRnoS,

Tweek

My battery has been poor lately, but maybe because I haven't used it since December. I just picked up a lot of herbs and felt like using the Pax, instead of my MFLB, since I been neglecting it.

Got it out of storage, charged it up to green, and had a quick session on medium 4 puffs. Later in the day I wanted to keep using it and the battery was at yellow already @_@

Put it on the charger and let it sit for 24 hrs. See how it performs after that.

Tweek,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Thanks yeah i know all about how to make concentrates but the problem is. We get this tree that mass produced its somewhat fresh so it looks nice and green but seriouslylow quality. Essentialy paying headie prices for beasters. Flash dried beasters. Noome knows what curing is....

Im noticing a problem with my pax now. My battery is acting really wacky. Ill charge it for 2 hours from dead to green take it off the charger overnight and use it in the morning and when i check batery its yellow already.
Later in the day I wanted to keep using it and the battery was at yellow already @_@
Dont let the indicator fool you, they arnt that accurate from what I've experienced. Just keep using it, I remember reading (in a non vaporizer thread about batteries) that the devices that take these batteries are usually programmed to learn the battery over time. If you remember, old batteries (old cell phones for example) had warnings indicating that if you didnt charge it over night, you'd potentially be loosing a good chunk of your battery life permanently. Now, I have no idea if the pax learns the battery over time, I do know the batteries do not have a memory, and the pax that sat on a charger 2 days and then charged for a week got a half hour faster charge than my new one. I'll retest the times, If the new pax gets a half hour faster charge time I guess thatll answer my question.

Mr.Krinkle,

Longtimelurker

i've had my pax for a few days now, recharged it twice, and i feel like the battery goes red after just vaping one pack, didn't even notice it being yellow. It still gets Hot, but the display is red, after max. 10 Hits on low temp...
i hope i don't have to send it back, really love the thing, it's so handy. enjoyed it in the cinema this evening wile watching django. it makes vaping in public possible everywhere...

Longtimelurker,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
i've had my pax for a few days now, recharged it twice, and i feel like the battery goes red after just vaping one pack, didn't even notice it being yellow. It still gets Hot, but the display is red, after max. 10 Hits on low temp...
i hope i don't have to send it back, really love the thing, it's so handy. enjoyed it in the cinema this evening wile watching django. it makes vaping in public possible everywhere...
Time your sessions, if your not getting an hour of use then theres an obvious problem. Dont obsess over checking the battery mid session, Ploom says two hours of use, I think that's a bit exaggerated but I'm not sure, I've never run it down on a timer.

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
I usually get one session on green, two on yellow, and one on red.

Received my new Pax a few days ago and the updated mouthpiece seems to function better. I have not used or needed the lube as i thoroughly clean it every 3-4 sessions. It could be me but it seems as if this newer model heats up a bit faster than the original.

tranceporter,
Reactions: SamanthaJ

j man

how bad is the smell given off by the Pax?? i really want a portable that is super stealthy to where i could hit it in public or class to where i wasnt noticed (besides holding something to your face)

j man,

miffi

It's seriously stealth. I think the pax will be able to do what you want. The mflb is marginally more stealthy but a significantly less refined vape.

miffi,

j man

It's seriously stealth. I think the pax will be able to do what you want. The mflb is marginally more stealthy but a significantly less refined vape.

the main advantage of the pax is the 10 year warranty. i feel confident in a reliable product as opposed to the da vinci which is only 2 years. prolly go ahead n buy a pax then get the ascent once they have that figured out

Longtimelurker

Time your sessions, if your not getting an hour of use then theres an obvious problem. Dont obsess over checking the battery mid session, Ploom says two hours of use, I think that's a bit exaggerated but I'm not sure, I've never run it down on a timer.

I'm just checking. so far, I've had almost an hour of heat, although the light never stays green, it changes between blue, purple and green. when I shake it, the light turns red, which indicates I should reload it, according to the manual... I'm not vaping, as I don't have any material left :-(

Longtimelurker,
Reactions: Mr.Krinkle

Longtimelurker

how bad is the smell given off by the Pax?? i really want a portable that is super stealthy to where i could hit it in public or class to where i wasnt noticed (besides holding something to your face)

it does give more smell than any other vaporizer I have used (wich isn't many: volcano, extreme and MFLB), but I find it more stealthy than the launch box, as it doesn't have to be stirred or shaken after every hit.

Longtimelurker,

the dude

So a little frustrated right now i did not realize the pax cannot work in cold weather so i left it in my car dor four hours came back and it was dead no lights or anything plugges it in the charger and it started to work again. Another issue i seem to be having is the battery is going from green to yellow way quicker than it used to not aure if its just an indicator issue or what. Let me know your guys suggiestions!

the dude,

MolecularConcept

Sooo it sat on the charger all night. Took it off the charger stick it in my pocket did my morning thing. Its been 2and 1/2 hours.no use at all. Finally i pack up my pax and turn it on giver a shake and its yellow already! Damn its like my battery is always slowly discharging even when off. Should i call ploom?

I started timing my sessions too

MolecularConcept,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

In terms of smell, the LB is an order of magnitude more stealthy. Once you turn it on, the Pax reeks.

pakalolo,
Reactions: ogcook

Vitolo

Vaporist
Agreed, pak......
AND...
The MFLB can be pocketed at any moment with impunity.
(this in itself is an aspect of stealth)
Smell stopped, heat gone, session done.
The Pax (I learned from numerous "public appearances') takes time to cool down... wafting fragrance as it does.

Vitolo,
Reactions: ogcook

JoeKickass

Yeah Pak is right, the way to use the Pax is to keep it off when you're walking near non-mj people, and then duck into a bathroom or somewhere you won't be noticed to turn it on and vape.

JoeKickass,

Sonics420

Sooo it sat on the charger all night. Took it off the charger stick it in my pocket did my morning thing. Its been 2and 1/2 hours.no use at all. Finally i pack up my pax and turn it on giver a shake and its yellow already! Damn its like my battery is always slowly discharging even when off. Should i call ploom?

I started timing my sessions too

I have the same problem. My pax is barely used now so i put it to charge to green. Take it off. Later when i put it back onto the charger it takes 30 mins to go green from a full charge..weird.. it does drain itself or something.

Sonics420,

JoeKickass

Yeah but don't worry, the last part of charging a lithium battery is just like a trickle charge, long time but very little power transfer. And that little extra also self-discharges the fastest.

If you know it was green not long ago you should still be able to get 3-4 bowls out of it before it flashes red. The majority of the actual power is still in there, you might have just lost that extra top-off voltage.

JoeKickass,

A few good answers already, but let me give you a personal experience example that the Pax, while stealth as hell visually, is not so stealth with smell:

Went to a club concert a few weeks ago, smallish crowd, hard to get lost in it. I had just activated my Pax and had not even taken the first hit from it yet, and I spy a security guard strolling through the crowd just in front of me looking like a sniffing bulldog trying to find out where the "pot smell" was coming from. Now he could not locate it -- he was obviously looking for smoke -- but he could smell it. Of course he never found me because I had to shut her down. I was surprised at how easily he picked up the smell.

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
The Pax will definitely liven up the area you are in once its warming up. After the warm up and a few hits most of the loudness is gone and whats mostly left is just the smell of exhaled vapor.

tranceporter,

JoeKickass

The Pax will definitely liven up the area you are in once its warming up. After the warm up and a few hits most of the loudness is gone and whats mostly left is just the smell of exhaled vapor.
You can avoid the sizzling by keeping the stem clean of resin drips, but they don't do any harm

JoeKickass,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom