PAX 3 by PAX Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeG7265

Anyway, lower temps for lots of uses, why not? Longer battery life, more options... Why wouldn't it be designed in? What's the technological hold up? The tech is all there and not available to me. Is all I'm saying.

That's a question I can't answer.

I only commented because you were wanting lower temps. The Pax isn't designed for what you're looking for. If you're looking for 200 degree temps, and you know that the Pax starts at 360 then why complain about it?

Im sorry, maybe I'm missing your point

MikeG7265,
Reactions: b0

kunk

That's a question I can't answer.

I only commented because you were wanting lower temps. The Pax isn't designed for what you're looking for. If you're looking for 200 degree temps, and you know that the Pax starts at 360 then why complain about it?

Im sorry, maybe I'm missing your point

Yes. You're missing my point.

jazzyvapeman

Yes. You're missing my point.

You'll find that no vape is perfect. No device does exactly what you want it to do in the way you want it done. This is the rabbit hole that is VAS. We are constantly searching, trying, and buying devices hoping they will be perfect for us, but the reality is even if we designed and built one ourselves, the quest would still not be over for most and we'd continue to try and buy new vapes.

Keep searching and complaining, it's the name of the game. Hopefully you'll get what you're after at some point.

jazzyvapeman,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Okay Ojan, send your old buddy Kunk a demo P3...

We have a rule:
  • Do not ask about being a beta tester or ask about freebies.
I'll just assume you were joking so I won't have to give you a warning point, but please go back and review the FC rules carefully. This is the only freebie you get.

pakalolo,

kunk

We have a rule:
  • Do not ask about being a beta tester or ask about freebies.
I'll just assume you were joking so I won't have to give you a warning point, but please go back and review the FC rules carefully. This is the only freebie you get.

Yep, i was having fun. Was just kunking. : )

kunk,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
My buddy that owns a shop let me borrow the pax3 and I have to say...I wasn't super impressed.

As is the concentrate can is aiiiiight...but I won't use it and it doesn't feel like there were justifiable upgrades to cause one to abandon the pax2.

Unless I'm missing something?

The only difference is can see are:
Finish.
Concentrate can (that doesn't work well)
Heat up time (that still feels the same)
And the app (that isn't out)

For those wondering, resins collect the same as with the old unit. No difference.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I ordered 12/6 and received my unit today 12/8. I'm in SoCal, so that helped. I didn't have a PAX, so, I guess, now my V.A.S. is satisfied momentarily. I'm starting to shiver in anticipation - the lights, oh, the lights are flashing... it's mesmerizing. My receptatory glands are in over-drive, yearning to be bathed in THC-infused vapor!

Success!!!

Is there a trick to turning the unit off? It just cycles through the heat levels regardless of how quickly I push the mouthpiece.

Last edited:
macbill,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Speaking of lights...I used to dig the party mode lights on the pax2 are they around on the 3? If so I have not been able to figure out how to activate them

WakeAndVape,

MikeG7265

Is there a trick to turning the unit off? It just cycles through the heat levels regardless of how quickly I push the mouthpiece.

It sounds like you're stuck in the heat cycles. Just hold the button down for a few seconds to get out of that mode. Then a simple push of the button should turn it off. I don't think you can turn it off in the heat cycle mode.

Hope this helps

Mr. Me2

My buddy that owns a shop let me borrow the pax3 and I have to say...I wasn't super impressed.

As is the concentrate can is aiiiiight...but I won't use it and it doesn't feel like there were justifiable upgrades to cause one to abandon the pax2.

Unless I'm missing something?

The only difference is can see are:
Finish.
Concentrate can (that doesn't work well)
Heat up time (that still feels the same)
And the app (that isn't out)

For those wondering, resins collect the same as with the old unit. No difference.

I wonder if you got a bad unit if you didn't see a marked improvement in heat up time...

Did you not like the pax2 too?

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I wonder if you got a bad unit if you didn't see a marked improvement in heat up time...

Did you not like the pax2 too?
No...I loved my pax2 and if I didn't have a pax product I would love the 3.

The unit isn't broken either...the heat up time isn't really increased as much as it just turns green faster.

The concentrate insert is gimmicky and not enjoyable (to me)

I do really enjoy the finish on the new pax as well.

The vibration is low and discreet...but I personally don't feel haptic feedback on a vape is a must yet.

The app is not up and running at the moment so I wasnt able to explore the goods yet.

All and all I wish I would have kept my gold pax 2 instead of selling it for a vape I will pass on for the moment.

Now if someone has the pax one, this is a major fucking upgrade and I would suggest making it asap.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Being a PAX-less person, the PAX 3 is a welcome addition to my own personal VapeWorld. The PAX is very discrete: but that's not the only reason to use one. Ease of use and consistency in vapor production are the primary reasons I'm using mine.

Of course, me being an old dog, learning new tricks can be a challenge. Luckily, the PAX community here has my back.

I've used the concentrate attachment once, so I'm no expert. But if you could only have one device within easy reach, I'd seriously consider the PAX.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
For the record I'm not here to crap on anyone's pax 3 parade.

Im just curious if any 2/3 users feel the same way.

It just feels like this could have been deemed a pax 2s or pax 2 enhanced, rather than a 3.

Hell...since it has the same dimensions of the pax 2, It would have been nice to see an upgradable options to keep the same body and warranty and have the ability to pay 100 to have it shipped in and fitted with the haptic feedback and Bluetooth.

pdx3325

For the record I'm not here to crap on anyone's pax 3 parade.

Im just curious if any 2/3 users feel the same way.

It just feels like this could have been deemed a pax 2s or pax 2 enhanced, rather than a 3.

Hell...since it has the same dimensions of the pax 2, It would have been nice to see an upgradable options to keep the same body and warranty and have the ability to pay 100 to have it shipped in and fitted with the haptic feedback and Bluetooth.

I didn't have a 2, so buying the 3 seemed like an easy call. But I will tell you I hesitated over the $100 difference in price. Almost pulled the trigger on the 2 instead. This is definitely evolutionary rather than revolutionary. If I had the same choice to make today, I might very well have gone with the 2.

Vaporcussion

Sorry for the lack of temperature freedom, Kunk!
Ridiculous. I vape weed at 300-350. It's just a heater for God's sake! No excuse for this. This is the reason Pax tastes like crap imo; too high temps coupled with stainless steel. Yuck. Just start the range at 300 degrees, and let us customize/save our own 4 settings. Have you not heard of low terpenes?
Suggestion: For Pax 4 ditch the stainless steel, and make it out of ceramic/borosilicate, and then you can offer taste with your portability.

Good flavour and clouds start in the low 300F range.
Thank you!!

If you're looking for 200 degree temps
He said low 300's; same place I like to start with weed. I can't believe this is even an issue with the company!

MikeG7265

He said low 300's; same place I like to start with weed. I can't believe this is even an issue with the company!

If you read his first paragraph he was talking about a vape that started @200 degrees.

I'm sorry the Pax isn't for you guys, I'm sure there are plenty that are. But to come in here and fuss about a vape that you already know is out of your range is just silly.

They must be doing something right, they aren't one of the most popular portable vapes for no reason.

AgentXero

Pax 3 seems like a fine vape to me. I just got one a couple of days ago. I have never even tried a Pax 2, but I would guess that if you have one the Pax 3 isn't a major upgrade/worth the investment. For me personally, I have been using the Grasshopper for months straight now and I figured out I really missed the session style vape. My other vape was the arizer solo and I didn't wanna go back to that.

Battery life seems fantastic on this thing. Form factor is real nice too. Lot of things to like about the vape. Different materials probably would make it better.

I also had a Pax 1 but I sold it after a month or two, hated the maintenance on it and the finicky mouthpiece. Pax 3 seems a lot less of a hassle to clean. Big thumbs up there. Speaking of finicky (and going off topic), but my grasshopper has been just that lately - likely a warranty request soon. I've been annoyed of the frequent battery swaps. Beast one hitter stealthy piece though.

Hey @Ojan_at_PAX , not sure if you guys like any suggestions on future upgrades, but how about an oven lid that has a good quality spring or something rectractable that will always apply pressure to your herbs to fill the space. This way you can use it even with the thinnest layer or herb possible. I'm sure you guys have heard of the "screen trick" before and when I used my Pax 1 I had fantastic results with just a thin coating of herb pressed song the bottom of the oven. Saved a lot of herb doing that. Maybe some kind of rotary dial on the side of the body to raise and lower? I don't know.

Boy I have rambled on, excuse me, lazy Sunday over here!

:wave::2c:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Pax 3 seems like a fine vape to me. I just got one a couple of days ago. I have never even tried a Pax 2, but I would guess that if you have one the Pax 3 isn't a major upgrade/worth the investment. For me personally, I have been using the Grasshopper for months straight now and I figured out I really missed the session style vape. My other vape was the arizer solo and I didn't wanna go back to that.

Battery life seems fantastic on this thing. Form factor is real nice too. Lot of things to like about the vape. Different materials probably would make it better.

I also had a Pax 1 but I sold it after a month or two, hated the maintenance on it and the finicky mouthpiece. Pax 3 seems a lot less of a hassle to clean. Big thumbs up there. Speaking of finicky (and going off topic), but my grasshopper has been just that lately - likely a warranty request soon. I've been annoyed of the frequent battery swaps. Beast one hitter stealthy piece though.

Hey @Ojan_at_PAX , not sure if you guys like any suggestions on future upgrades, but how about an oven lid that has a good quality spring or something rectractable that will always apply pressure to your herbs to fill the space. This way you can use it even with the thinnest layer or herb possible. I'm sure you guys have heard of the "screen trick" before and when I used my Pax 1 I had fantastic results with just a thin coating of herb pressed song the bottom of the oven. Saved a lot of herb doing that. Maybe some kind of rotary dial on the side of the body to raise and lower? I don't know.

Boy I have rambled on, excuse me, lazy Sunday over here!

:wave::2c:
If there is one thing about the pax line of vaporizers (I assume 3 would be included on this) is they are durable as fuck!

My pax1 went through a washing machine and lived to tell about it!

It took countless falls and acquired plenty of scars to prove it.

But it they are always reliable. Even after years of abuse on my pax2 I haven't even noticed a drop off in battery capacity.

There are some button issues that people experience here and there...but if you ever have to deal with pax labs for service it's easy and hassle free with top notch customer service.

Definitely a wise investment if you want something good that works when you want it too.

And with the snow piling here up north...they make great hand warmers too.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the concentrate can on the Pax 3. I've never been satisfied with a concentrate hit off a can in any conduction vape, but the Pax 3 does it better than the others I've tried. Still not pen quality hits, but good enough to be called dual-purpose in my book. And put me in the camp that now wants haptic feedback on all my portables. After having it on half of them it's hard not to have it.

And I also didn't like the janky look of the concentrate lid when it was seated in place, but after holding one for a bit I can see why they made it that way. The regular lid slides out in a curvy fashion that the can can't do. It needs to be pulled straight out so they made it with a little lip you can pull it out with.

Here's a pic of the Pax 3 and Pax 2 together. Sorry for the blur on the 3.

f3rYYPI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom