PAX 3 by PAX Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
Thanks for taking the time to keep us in the loop.

Can you share at all on the connectivity issue? Is it software (app) issue or something else? I presume the former . . . since the latter would be hard to fix once the vapes begin to get into the wild.

There aren't any issues with the app or device, we're just not ready to turn it on. I couldn't get any specifics or a timeline but our two devs are hustling to get everything ready and I'll keep checking in with them for more detail.

There seems to be significant misinformation contained in this advertisement. According to the Pax 3 users guide (see below), it DOES NOT come with many of the accessories listed above. It's unfortunate to officially promote something that's not forthcoming.

https://www.paxvapor.com/skin/frontend/plm/default/assets/pax-users-guide-v2.pdf

Perhaps a Pax representative can clarify and offer an explanation.

The User Guide isn't loading for me so I've notified our team. Thanks for the heads up! PAX 3 will come with the following:

1 x PAX 3 device
1 x Charging dock and USB cable
1 x Maintenance Kit
2 x Mouthpieces (flat and redesigned raised)
1 x Multi-Tool
2 x Oven lids (Full and Half-pack)
1 x Concentrate insert
3 x Screens (along with one in the device already)

toked23

Just picked mine up a few minutes ago. Will find out today how it compares to my pax2 but I suspect it will be faster, and I'm a fan of the other lids as well as concentrate lid.

toked23,
Reactions: Mr. Me2
There aren't any issues with the app or device, we're just not ready to turn it on. I couldn't get any specifics or a timeline but our two devs are hustling to get everything ready and I'll keep checking in with them for more detail.

The User Guide isn't loading for me so I've notified our team. Thanks for the heads up! PAX 3 will come with the following:

1 x PAX 3 device
1 x Charging dock and USB cable
1 x Maintenance Kit
2 x Mouthpieces (flat and redesigned raised)
1 x Multi-Tool
2 x Oven lids (Full and Half-pack)
1 x Concentrate insert
3 x Screens (along with one in the device already)

Thank you for the clarification.

Legal in Washington State,
Reactions: Ojan_at_PAX

jazzyvapeman

@BuzzDanklin - a big disadvantage of the Pax 2 is that resin from the underside of the mp leaked down the sides of the top part you see when you take the mp off (where the hole is for the vapor path at the top and where the real button is that the mp presses). Can you verify if this issue has been fixed with the Pax 3 i.e. are their gaps stil on the sides? Can you post a picture of the top?

I don't like the idea of carrying a bunch of resin around on my vape like I did with the Pax 2.

toked23

@BuzzDanklin - a big disadvantage of the Pax 2 is that resin from the underside of the mp leaked down the sides of the top part you see when you take the mp off (where the hole is for the vapor path at the top and where the real button is that the mp presses). Can you verify if this issue has been fixed with the Pax 3 i.e. are their gaps stil on the sides? Can you post a picture of the top?

I don't like the idea of carrying a bunch of resin around on my vape like I did with the Pax 2.

I have a 2 and a 3 but not 100% sure of what you're asking. I can look tonight if you can tell me what to check ..

I didn't pay it much attention but they looked identical when I happen to glance at the new 3 when I popped the flat mouth piece off out of curiosity. I have not used it yet though. I plan on taking the load out as soon as I can instead of leaving it in the oven as I have historically. All I've done is charge it and I think I actually used the old charger also.

BuzzDanklin

@jazzyvapeman Where the top meets the side of the unit seems to be similar to how it looks with the Pax 2. Maybe @Ojan_at_PAX knows if its any different.

The new raised MP is redesigned and has its own outside lip, so if you use the raised MP you would definitely not encounter that problem as all resins would be kept in the center and nothing would touch the sides of the unit. They also fixed the issue with the raised MP causing your lip to get extra hot.

e4e2449d8dc1b4a16fa2fb86bc2230ee.jpg

Southern Chef

Got my 3 yesterday and I'm already a big fan. Pretty much everything has been improved.

Charged very quickly
Used it for about 20 minutes and still had 4 leafs on the battery indicator.
Super quick to level 2. Stepping up to 3 and 4 almost instantaneous.
Haptic feedback rocks
Half-pack lid is great. I previously used that adjustable "pusher" thing on my 2
The 3 feels way cooler to the touch than the 2, even on level 4

Good job guys!

BTW...I've never had any problems with resin leaking down into my pax but I clean it well every two or three sessions.

Cheers

pdx3325

Anyone else still waiting on a "processing" order from Pax? I ordered Thursday, expecting it to ship Friday - per the website. But it's now Saturday and it hasn't shipped.

I am wondering if they are just overwhelmed with orders or if they are short on stock. The latter make sense given the color shortages they have.

pdx3325,

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
Anyone else still waiting on a "processing" order from Pax? I ordered Thursday, expecting it to ship Friday - per the website. But it's now Saturday and it hasn't shipped.

I am wondering if they are just overwhelmed with orders or if they are short on stock. The latter make sense given the color shortages they have.
I have the same situation... I only ordered it from the PAX site because of the free expedited shipping. So much for that if it doesn't actually ship.

XeroRespect,
thinking about getting the pax 3, how is it for cleaning, specifically I travel with the vape a lot so don't want to worry about getting debris out for fear from TSA , police etc at airports.

thanks for any opinions in advance

vapolondon03,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I ordered one today, 12/6. V.A.S., or "Vaporizer Acquisition Syndrome", runs deep in me. I thought I had it licked (all over), but I was wrong. This looks like just the traveling tool I'll need in Mexico this coming year. Stored in the bottom of a computer carry-on, I can't imagine the Pax3 drawing much attention. It sort of looks like a flash drive.

kunk

... So last month, after lots of research and thought, i bought my first vaporizer. I went with a G Pen Elite, and before you jump on me for it, yes it's not a great vape, but my reasons for choosing it are sound. It was 200 dollars CAD, it's got temp control down to 200F, to the degree. Most people are using these devices for weed. I'm choosing one for tobacco and medicinals that like lower temperatures...

So now that I've learned some about vaporizing, and I've found that i enjoy it, I'm looking for a better piece. I would've jumped on a P2 first, but, expensive, and starting at 360F doesn't work for what i want to do with it. I was stoked when i first read about Pax 3 and custom temp settings!

... Then i did some reading. So, let me get this straight - the smartest, most advanced, most sought after, most hyped, sexiest vaporizer only in the universe lets me customize the temperature for ONE of the five slots, and ONLY within the range of the other four existing presets? You're kidding me right? Why the hate for those of us seeking more control over temp? Why wouldn't you include a wider range? And, why wouldn't i be able to set ALL FIVE slots how I'd want? We've got probe on MARS guys!

It's a firmware update. Tell me it's coming down the pipe (haha) and I'll order one right now. Your competitors are offering me more joy right now. Pax has been compared to Apple products a lot... In a way, limited customization fits that.

I made an account on FC just to get this out to you, pax labs rep. Can you help me? I want that shiny gold one.

Edit: added more lippy.

Last edited:

MikeG7265

Have you tried searching for a vape that caters more to tobacco? The vapes like the Pax are probably used more toward medicinal purposes, so they will have a heat range that caters to that. I have the Pax 3 and for medicinal it exceeds my expectations.
I know they all say tobacco, but that's because they probably can't advertise the true purpose. And some are labeled "dry herb" vapes.
I think that vapes like the Pax aren't going to suit your needs. But I'm sure there's something out there that will.

MikeG7265,

Ojan_at_PAX

Company Rep
... So last month, after lots of research and thought, i bought my first vaporizer. I went with a G Pen Elite, and before you jump on me for it, yes it's not a great vape, but my reasons for choosing it are sound. It was 200 dollars CAD, it's got temp control down to 200F, to the degree. Most people are using these devices for weed. I'm choosing one for tobacco and medicinals that like lower temperatures...

So now that I've learned some about vaporizing, and I've found that i enjoy it, I'm looking for a better piece. I would've jumped on a P2 first, but, expensive, and starting at 360F doesn't work for what i want to do with it. I was stoked when i first read about Pax 3 and custom temp settings!

... Then i did some reading. So, let me get this straight - the smartest, most advanced, most sought after vaporizer only lets me customize the temperature for one of the five slots, and ONLY within the range of the other four existing presets? You're kidding me right? Why the hate for those of us seeking more control over temp? Why wouldn't you include a wider range? And, why wouldn't i be able to set ALL FIVE slots how I'd want?

It's a firmware update. Tell me it's coming down the pipe (haha) and I'll order one right now. Your competitors are offering me more joy right now. Pax has been compared to Apple products a lot... In a way, limited customization fits that.

I made an account on FC just to get this out to you, pax labs rep. Can you help me? I want that shiny gold one.

Welcome to FC! Happy to give you an update on that, and I also wanted to share some other details since launch. I'm sorry to everyone for being MIA the last few days - been a bit cray - here's the low down:

PAX 3 Color Availability:

US - Black, Silver, and Gold are available. Rose Gold is looking like early January.

CA - Black is available. I'm working on getting an ETA on the other colors.

FR / DE / IT / NL / UK - Black is available, but shipments are delayed 10-12 days. We sold through what we had and are getting more devices in ASAP! More to come on the other colors.

PAX Vapor App:

To ensure the best experience with the mobile-pairing capabilities, we’ll be making the app available for use by early January (most likely Dec. 28th). The first iteration will include Dynamic Heating Mode swhich will allow you to choose stealth (for ultimate discretion), hit boost (to keep your device in high gear) and flavor (to always have the most delicious experience possible, or efficiency to get the most out of your material). We will continuously be updating the app with new features and capabilities.

Party Mode currently works on PAX 3, but the sensor is VERY picky and probably won't pick up on your rolls even if you go slow. Pretty much to the point where I'd say it's not available. We will be updating it through the app when that's live.

PAX 3 Temperatures:

Until the app is live on Dec 28th, PAX 3 will have the same 4 default temperature settings as PAX 2. 360°f - 420°f in 20°f increments. The App will allow for precise temperature control in 1°f increments between the above temp range. Sorry for the lack of temperature freedom, Kunk!

PAX 3 Concentrate Insert Availability:

Getting this question a lot! I don't have any information on the Concentrate Insert being available as a standalone accessory. It does fit into PAX 2 and, if anyone has the opportunity to try it with 2 then please set it to the 4th temp. If anyone has questions/concerns about their insert and their PAX 3, like it got lost or something, please hit me up and I'll connect you with our support team.

PAX 3 Shipping Delay:

We discovered that a small number of UPS Next Day Air orders being given a different shipping speed. This issue has since been fixed but caused a 1-2 day delay depending on when the order came through. Message me your order number if you haven't received tracking!

Double Tax:

A small number of order confirmation emails were including double tax. There wasn't a line item for it, but the total was off. This has also been fixed. When the bank authorization settles and an invoice is created, the final payment is for the CORRECT amount. This caused confusion but no worries, the final charge will be correct.

__

All in all, we're super thrilled with the reception for PAX 3. I hope those who've tried it are loving it. Thank you all for your constructive discussions and, for those who've invested or are waiting for their preferred color, your patience and understanding with us <3

Ask any questions if ya got 'em!

Last edited:

kunk

Have you tried searching for a vape that caters more to tobacco?

Lots of people use Pax for tobacco, and in fact i see online ploom/labs did or still do sell tobacco blends that are good through it's devices, but i can't get those blends in Canada. So a mix of pipe and rolling tobaccos give good results.

And for anyone who's tried tobacco through their vape and reports it tasting like ass... The temps were too high. Good flavour and clouds start in the low 300F range.

Anyway, lower temps for lots of uses, why not? Longer battery life, more options... Why wouldn't it be designed in? What's the technological hold up? The tech is all there and not available to me. Is all I'm saying.

I actually don't know much about the custom temperature but will play around and update when I can. Sorry for the lack of temperature freedom, Kunk!

Okay Ojan, send your old buddy Kunk a demo P3... I've got a friend who's a weapons systems engineer. We'll get it sorted for total control, and will try to get a Linux build running on that sucker as well. We're on it.

Seriously. We're on MARS! How many lines of code would it take to add those features?

Okay I'm done.

/threadjack

Last edited by a moderator:

Ojan_at_PAX

Company Rep
Okay Ojan, send your old buddy Kunk a demo P3... I've got a friend who's a weapons systems engineer. We'll get it sorted for total control, and will try to get a Linux build running on that sucker as well. We're on it.

Seriously. We're on MARS! How many lines of code would it take to add those features?

Okay I'm done.

/threadjack

I'm trying to get our engineers to do a reddit AMA in the near future. I'll share any updates on that and hope you ask that question there :)

Ojan_at_PAX,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom