Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhaka

Thanks for the quick message, Ojan, I really appreciate it! This morning I did receive a message from support which included a return shipping label so things are looking good!!
Thanks for all the help guys, I will be in touch!!
Cheers!

Pharoh

I bought another Pax2... I ordered the better screen...I can't get the original screen out to replace. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!

Never mind....i figured it out...I must be tired......

Modnote: Posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Pharoh,

Mr. Me2

I bought another Pax2... I ordered the better screen...I can't get the original screen out to replace. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!

Never mind....i figured it out...I must be tired......

Modnote: Posts merged
Get a "cake tester". Which is a long, thin metal poker. With that in hand, let your pax2 warm up. That will soften the built up resin. Remove the mouthpiece and push the cake tester down the air path to dislodge the screen.

That should do it!

Oops...my suggestions are a little to late.

Pharoh

Get a "cake tester". Which is a long, thin metal poker. With that in hand, let your pax2 warm up. That will soften the built up resin. Remove the mouthpiece and push the cake tester down the air path to dislodge the screen.

That should do it!

Oops...my suggestions are a little to late.
Thanks for your reply...i figured it out about 2 minutes after I posted...I was on a long flight back from Colorado...

Pharoh,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Xhaka

Oh well, things aren't turning out too well with my warranty claim, I am officially disappointed with Pax. They said I would have an update within 4-5 days, no problem at all with that. However, today is business day 8 of device-in-hand and nobody knows where we are at and can provide no update or response. I would just as soon get my broken device back at this point. If they were going to repair it, I figure they would have told me by now. If they were to replace it, I could have it back already. My original warranty request was sent 24 days ago and I still have no idea what the plan is (except that it certainly doesn't include a Pax 3!)

Xhaka,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
Oh well, things aren't turning out too well with my warranty claim, I am officially disappointed with Pax. They said I would have an update within 4-5 days, no problem at all with that. However, today is business day 8 of device-in-hand and nobody knows where we are at and can provide no update or response. I would just as soon get my broken device back at this point. If they were going to repair it, I figure they would have told me by now. If they were to replace it, I could have it back already. My original warranty request was sent 24 days ago and I still have no idea what the plan is (except that it certainly doesn't include a Pax 3!)

Sorry to hear this :( Can you message me your support case number? I'll get you an update ASAP.

Ojan_at_PAX,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

MinnBobber

Hi,
I'm helping an older guy with his new to him Pax 2. I went over there yesterday with my own bud so I knew the material. The draw resistance was a problem for him with his weak lungs and for me too ?????

Was using the pusher cover for his small loads and tiny tweezer nugs (size of a rice krispy/several of them) and flat mouthpiece.
The low temps gave great lemon flavor but the high temps yielded little flavor and it felt like trying to suck a baseball thru a garden hose, even when trying to draw slow/moderate and steady.

Any tips ?
Would the stock chamber cover and a custom bent screen over a micro-load work better or ???
Got some gunk out of the vapor path with a pipe cleaner , but not a lot and unable to try after that.
I brought the ABV home and right away got big cloud/effects from my miniVAP.

Confused in Minnesota :)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hi,
I'm helping an older guy with his new to him Pax 2. I went over there yesterday with my own bud so I knew the material. The draw resistance was a problem for him with his weak lungs and for me too ?????

Was using the pusher cover for his small loads and tiny tweezer nugs (size of a rice krispy/several of them) and flat mouthpiece.
The low temps gave great lemon flavor but the high temps yielded little flavor and it felt like trying to suck a baseball thru a garden hose, even when trying to draw slow/moderate and steady.

Any tips ?
Would the stock chamber cover and a custom bent screen over a micro-load work better or ???
Got some gunk out of the vapor path with a pipe cleaner , but not a lot and unable to try after that.

My two cents worth, based on your story,
Re; draw. How is the draw when empty? With no oven lid? It won't ever get any better than that. Maybe the vented lid (NewVape) would help, I haven't tried that.
I think taco top screen is about equal to pusher lid in actual function. I suppose it's possible to over-compress with adjustable pusher, so that's could be a small portion of the draw problem.

Maybe try material ground, almost fine, rather than nugs.
After 2 or 3 hits, open up and give just a little stir, couple of pokes. Some folks say it's not necessary. It always helps me with a significant boost. But I'm a guy who will stir a Grasshopper load occasionally, if I think it might help.

Pax's need frequent cleaning in the vapor path and can get clogged, affecting everything. If it wasn't done, get that screen out of there and also clean the chamber and screen.

Fully knowing the temperature settings and when/how much the lip-sensing is boosting at a given time is very helpful. I don't have that handy, but it should be on website. Pax2 should be able to give darkest abv (extraction), yuk!, but if you want it to, if set high temps and linger on it. As I recall it's just not going to blast through material like a smooth convection vape.

I never use the raised mouthpiece, though I don't even recall why atm. Always the flat one, even got spares...
My draw is slow, but in puffs with short pauses. My thoughts doing this are to give the chamber a chance to make some amount of vapor, draw that, then pause for next helping - or draw a little air, for cooling and a boost to that slow Pax2 draw. Couple of seconds for the pauses. Taking huge continuous pulls, I have found, usually less effective. The sucking becomes unpleasant and I tend to out-pace the vapor production (I think). Sipping, not ripping, some say. Sorry, I know you prolly know that.

Though it sounds like you addressed some of these, I'm just throwing the thoughts up here!

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Are the half-pack oven lids not being offered anymore? Can't find them on the Pax website.
I see only the regular replacement oven lid -- not the new half-pack lid.
hey, sorry about that, I pointed to the wrong lid (looked quickly on phone) and I also don't see the half-pack lid.
It's back, guys! At least it is for me. First item on the accessories page that is linked above . . .

:peace:

HighSeasSailor

I probably should have mentioned here, but I took Mr Me2's advice and PM'd Ojan. Was informed they are temporarily out of stock (presumably in the US, maybe not the case elsewhere) but expected to be back in stock in the relatively near future.

Authorized dealers may still have them in stock as well.

Hi,

Any tips ?

Pax 2 works best with an extra fine grind, there are a few finishing grinders out there that are great. Magic Flight Finishing Grinder is a great one, though maybe not the best for seniors as it's small and hard to torque. NewVape makes a titanium finishing grinder with a big grip, might check it out. Scoop a bit into the oven and tamp it down evenly, you get so much better airflow.

I've tried coarse grind when I was at a friend's house and even that gave me lesser results compared to a proper finishing grind in the Pax, so I imagine little nuglets are going to be no bueno.

For any session longer than 5 or so draws you'll also want to stir the oven. The area over the vapor path gets the most buildup and expires first, stirring will make a more even vape. For shorter sessions, this is mostly irrelevant.

I clean every 2-3 days, it's my daily driver and while it remains functional for much longer than that without cleaning, I find you get best clouds and flavor when it's pretty clean. Make sure to scrub out the mouthpiece, those little grooves are the real chokepoint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Me2

Hi,

Any tips ?

Thought I'd add my :2c: to try and help you. My opinion/experience differs ever so slightly from @vapviking and @HighSeasSailor.

I always use the flat mouthpiece, and find it can get gunked up too. Have you checked and cleaned it? Although that may impact draw resistance, I have found the biggest culprit impacting draw is a dirty screen.

Have you given the pax2 a thorough cleaning and tested its draw resistance before filling the oven? I would check the draw before re-inserting the screen and after. If you don't have a new screen, the area around the "clam" cutouts on the sides of the screen get gucked up and the ring inside the oven where the screen sits does too. Both areas need to be thoroughly cleaned for best draw.

I find this vape naturally has some degree of draw resistance, and for me works best by pulling on it like smoking a cigar.

I prefer smaller loads and used a folded screen until I got the pusher. I haven't noticed any real difference using these 2 methods. I do think grind makes a difference. I use a medium grind, and found (in my experience) that a fine grind clogs the air path faster (I'm actually referring to clogging the screen).

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

MinnBobber

Thanks for all the suggestions on Pax 2 with tight draw.

I cleaned screen and bowl but the bottom of screen had a colored coating on the inner 2/3 portion, kind of looked like anodizing that was coming off?? That never came off. I'll clean it again and maybe bring over PBW this time to try.
Thanks for tip on cleaning the inside of the flat mouthpiece. I briefly glanced at it and saw those channels and no huge gunk areas jumped out at me BUT I'll clean it this next time to be sure.

I assume the flat mouthpiece can go on with exit port up or down???
That location (top or bottom instead of center) does feel real weird to me, takes some getting used to :)
Any tips on mouthpiece location and ergos??
- MP up with unit going downward or upward or straight out, shooting under tongue
- MP down and unit downward, shooting at roof of mouth?
- other suggested position?
All directions just felt odd----he'll need to get used to it and I found no sweet spot. Next time I'll experiment some more :)

thanks again to you experienced users

MinnBobber,

Xhaka

Hey guys, I noticed that the half-pack oven lid is back in stock on the Pax accessories site. I ordered one along with a couple colored flat mouthpieces. Just an FYI for those who were looking for it.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

jazzyvapeman

Just wanted to share my experience with the Pax 2 as it may explain why many users report a strong smell, as well as a malfunctioning power button.

After a little over a year of using the unit on average of 4-5 times per week I can confirm resin definitely does seep down the sides on the top of the unit from buildup under the flat mp. It caused my power button to only function with me pushing it so hard multiple times with the mp off that it hurt my fingers. I also noticed that the silicone power button has sort of a sticky bubble under it (something Pax customer service asked if I saw in their troubleshooting email back to me, so obviously they are aware of the issue) that pops back up slowly after pressing it caused by sticky resin buildup.

Unfortunately I was unable to warranty my device as I purchased it from Massdrop who is not an authorized re-seller. Luckily Massdrop is standing behind the warranty regardless and refunding me 100% of the purchase.

I am hoping the Pax 3 will fix this issue. I have asked Pax and they are unable to confirm this. I would like to add the Pax 3 to my arsenal as a session vape to share with friends.

allareas

Hello everyone
Do you know if the concentrate insert
fits pax 2 and if is going to be sold separately as an accessory.
Thanks in advance

allareas,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom