Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaseous_clay

Just got the half pack oven lid & the tool. Was surprised the inside of the lid is plastic. I'm guessing it's some super heat resistant plastic, as I doubt Pax would put out a product that melts. Still surprising, as the original oven lid isn't plastic on the oven side.

MonkeyTime

Just got the half pack oven lid & the tool. Was surprised the inside of the lid is plastic. I'm guessing it's some super heat resistant plastic, as I doubt Pax would put out a product that melts. Still surprising, as the original oven lid isn't plastic on the oven side.

I'm just going by what I've got and seen, but I thought all the OEM Pax2 lids were plastic? I know my OG Pax had the metal lid inside, but that was also the norm.

Feel free to jump in on this if there were changes made in what was being shipped out please.

MonkeyTime,

Rusty123

Interesting. Was just about to order one with replacement PAX2 but not sure if its plastic and its deeper in the oven too. I've been using part of a Volcano liquid pad and works incredibly well with 1/2 load.
As its a metal mesh helps provide heat and allows air through.

Mr. Me2

Interesting. Was just about to order one with replacement PAX2 but not sure if its plastic and its deeper in the oven too. I've been using part of a Volcano liquid pad and works incredibly well with 1/2 load.
As its a metal mesh helps provide heat and allows air through.
Do you know about the pusher by New Vape? A great spacer for the pax2.

But people here who got this new oven lid seem to like it. Personally, I'm not concerned about the materials used...I trust the pax guys.

OnCloud8

Vapor Vixen
I just got the Pax Half Pack lid (ordered from Pax Labs). The material seems a bit different than the original oven lid, it's matte instead of shiny plastic and it's sort of..rough looking? this is just out of the box and after a quick ISO wipe to remove any factory oils, looks a little funky to me...what do you all think? @Ojan_at_PAX ?

6H7Ke7C.png

QhRsDNw.png

DFMDWiU.png

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

I just got the Pax Half Pack lid (ordered from Pax Labs). The material seems a bit different than the original oven lid, it's matte instead of shiny plastic and it's sort of..rough looking? this is just out of the box and after a quick ISO wipe to remove any factory oils, looks a little funky to me...what do you all think? @Ojan_at_PAX ?

6H7Ke7C.png
[/url][/IMG]

I've got one also, it's all I use anymore. Still carry the original with me in case I want to load a full oven, but haven't yet. It looks a different, but has worked great for me. It's only very hot at the magnets and can be pulled out and brushed off almost immediately after you shut her down.

Your picture didn't load, guessing you tried to paste the link into "add picture" dialog box instead of directly into the post? I'm doubting they changed them since I ordered mine and it's the same.

Clean 'er and hit 'er is what I say!

MonkeyTime,

OnCloud8

Vapor Vixen
I've got one also, it's all I use anymore. Still carry the original with me in case I want to load a full oven, but haven't yet. It looks a different, but has worked great for me. It's only very hot at the magnets and can be pulled out and brushed off almost immediately after you shut her down.

Your picture didn't load, guessing you tried to paste the link into "add picture" dialog box instead of directly into the post? I'm doubting they changed them since I ordered mine and it's the same.

Clean 'er and hit 'er is what I say!

Hi, and thanks for the image embedding help :)

I've wiped it down already and even placed it in the pax2 and did a "no pack" heat cycle so I think it's as clean as it's getting...and the surface is smooth to the touch, just not shiny or "polished" looking like the interior of the original lid.

OnCloud8,

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
Honestly, I wouldn't be too keen about that lid and the way it looks. I am sure it works fine, but this is an expensive device, and should look the part.......just IMO, of course.

justvapin,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep

6H7Ke7C.png

QhRsDNw.png

DFMDWiU.png

The half-pack oven lid is made from the same exact material as the original PAX 2 lid :)

OnCloud8

Vapor Vixen
The half-pack oven lid is made from the same exact material as the original PAX 2 lid :)

ok...so my questions remains then: why does the interior of my new half pack lid have a matte finish and look all scuffed up compared to the shiny interior of my original OEM lid? should I be using this? Is it defective? If it's "the same exact material", why doesn't it look the same?

comparison pics:
EwcXRbg.jpg

z5i0hez.jpg

Ojan_at_PAX

Company Rep
ok...so my questions remains then: why does the interior of my new half pack lid have a matte finish and look all scuffed up compared to the shiny interior of my original OEM lid? should I be using this? Is it defective? If it's "the same exact material", why doesn't it look the same?

comparison pics:
EwcXRbg.jpg

z5i0hez.jpg

Same materials, different manufacturing process. I haven't gone back to the original lid after swapping it for my half-pack. It's not defective, and only keep using it if you enjoy it!

Ojan_at_PAX,

OnCloud8

Vapor Vixen
Same materials, different manufacturing process. I haven't gone back to the original lid after swapping it for my half-pack. It's not defective, and only keep using it if you enjoy it!

ok, thanks. so you are confirming that this is how it's expected to look?

I was simply inquiring because I am careful to inspect new products when I receive them and since I noticed a visual difference I was just trying to make sure it was "as it should be".

Ojan_at_PAX

Company Rep
ok, thanks. so you are confirming that this is how it's expected to look?

I was simply inquiring because I am careful to inspect new products when I receive them and since I noticed a visual difference I was just trying to make sure it was "as it should be".

Ah, yes! Confirmed. It should look just like it does in your photos, and I can totally understand why you'd want confirmation. Appreciate you mentioning it :)

mnicsy999

I like butane vapes.
Hey guys! I'm going to be getting a used pax 2 soon and am wondering how they are over time? The pax 2 is apparently 1 year old with also apparent "Light" use. What should I expect out of battery and performance?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey guys! I'm going to be getting a used pax 2 soon and am wondering how they are over time? The pax 2 is apparently 1 year old with also apparent "Light" use. What should I expect out of battery and performance?
It should act pretty much like a new one, maybe 4 bowls or so per charge, and these are session bowls.
Lots more if you budget your use, half-packing, etc.
If the piece has not been registered by the current owner, do all you can to be the one to have the warranty in your name; it's for 10 years.

vapviking,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2

Congrats on your upcoming acquisition! If you're not familiar with the pax2, @vapviking is right on about half-packing.

This is a conduction session vape, so whatever you put in the oven will be baked...use or lose it. Personally, I never fill the oven and find using a spacer fills the void and provides for even cooking on a half (or otherwise less than full) load. There are 3 primary ways to fill the void - get the pax2 new extended oven lid, get the pusher from New Vape, or cut and use a folded pipe screen. There may be other methods, but that's the ones I know of.

Because I never fill the oven and am fairly light on temperature choice, for me each charge tends to last longer (I find battery life one of the best with this portable). But I'm sure it's different for each person. It's easy to monitor the remaining charge on your oax2, just give it a shake and it will light up the number of petals reflecting its charge level. I never let it go below 2 petals before recharging.

I think you'll love this vape. But remember to keep it clean!

sonti

I use the new vape pusher too. Only thing I dislike about it I cant really finegrind (with MFLB Finishing Grinder) because then there will be material getting above the pusher and slowly building up.

sonti,

sonti

After experimenting for about a month now, I can say my PAX 2 experence is better without the NewVape pusher than with it. The screen however is very nice.

I can get much better hits, also the unit doesn't get as hot on the surface. I pack VERY tight with a normal grind from a 3 piece grinder. (Very tight packing was recommended by a PAX guy on reddit)

Does anyone feel the same?

MonkeyTime

After experimenting for about a month now, I can say my PAX 2 experence is better without the NewVape pusher than with it. The screen however is very nice.

I can get much better hits, also the unit doesn't get as hot on the surface. I pack VERY tight with a normal grind from a 3 piece grinder. (Very tight packing was recommended by a PAX guy on reddit)

I didn't try the screen, but I wasn't excited about the pusher. I went back to the bent screen until Pax came out with their half load cover, that's all I use now.

Reggie Watts

Yeah, I was never a fan of the pusher. The half-pack oven lid from Pax, on the other hand, is excellent.

vape4fun

Regarding half lid do you pour product to about the lip then press it down with the half lid or does it take less than that?

vape4fun,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom