Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

toked23

Any tips for putting the screen back in Pax 2....and getting it to be somewhat level??
And, is it a big performance problem IF it's not level.

Maybe it needs the "World War 2 bomber sighting device" to clearly tell you exactly when it's time to drop the screen?

I don't believe it was designed to be level. I just use a scraper or nail or whatever I have around and slightly push down just hard enough to keep in place if I turned it upside down without a load. It is designed to allow air to flow around it so getting it too snug to me seems counterproductive and I've always read it was intended to NOT be level.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Any tips for putting the screen back in Pax 2....and getting it to be somewhat level??

Maybe it needs the "World War 2 bomber sighting device" to clearly tell you exactly when it's time to drop the screen?

@toked23 is correct. The screen is designed to be slightly raised on the side that is over the hole for the tube. It would be a performance problem if it weren't slightly tilted.

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS

Both @toked23 and @pakalolo are correct about the screen placement. Just thirding and agreeing as well. My top for putting the screen back in is slowly place one edge of it in on the opposite side of the the vapor path. Then slowly lower the other edge into the oven. Once it is resting "flat" press on the center "X" until it feels secure in the oven.

Bandoo

Both @toked23 and @pakalolo are correct about the screen placement. Just thirding and agreeing as well. My top for putting the screen back in is slowly place one edge of it in on the opposite side of the the vapor path. Then slowly lower the other edge into the oven. Once it is resting "flat" press on the center "X" until it feels secure in the oven.

I was wondering how many people have received Pax2's who's screen only fits tilted from side rather than titled at one end over the draw hole like he said above? :wave:

Lookatmeglow

I have tried placing the screen in so it tilts both ways, on the vertical and horizontal axis. I didn't notice any difference for the draw resistance, so I just go with the flow. Some screens sit side to side tilt. Some sit tilted from top to bottom.

Lookatmeglow,
Reactions: Bandoo

Bandoo

As long as the tilt doesn't block the air intake hole, no.
Thanks. It seems to work either way.
Anyway I filed down the screen to fit end to end.
The p2 is practically perfect. Just needs one model with ruberized surface for oitdoor types..
Whatever...

Bandoo,

batmanx

Anyone ever have the problem of the bud at the top of the oven closest the lid isn't getting used? I always have green at the top. I've tried packing tight, medium, loose, and have a Pax 2 with the temp on high. I get nice vape but always seem to have some not getting heated enough I guess.

batmanx,

Mr. Me2

Anyone ever have the problem of the bud at the top of the oven closest the lid isn't getting used? I always have green at the top. I've tried packing tight, medium, loose, and have a Pax 2 with the temp on high. I get nice vape but always seem to have some not getting heated enough I guess.
I have always used the pusher or a folded screen on top of the load and never encountered that. Maybe the metal on top helps with more complete baking? And I have NEVER needed to stir.

What temps are you using?

paco FF2

Received the case today, have to say, I'm very pleased with it. It seals in odor, is strong, fits comfortably in the pocket, and has very good action.
I found that I can pull it out a little bit, brace it with a finger, and still hit it.

1Mb7r1g.jpg

X3Vj066.jpg

zxCileM.jpg

It fits the extended mouthpiece too. Which ever one you choose, the Pax will not jiggle at all. It's solid in there.

I feel like I got the bases covered. I also got a Pelican case for distance travel and storage. Have just about everything I need in it. Including extra mouthpieces, screens, and a spare oven lid.

tMLy1wW.jpg
where can i get vape flip lid case for the pax3 from the first pictures?

paco FF2,

paco FF2

yep they do i just ordered it
thanks bud for finding that link so quick!!!

keep on vaping !!!

some advise on the colour for the pax 3 i ordered the black unit but read know that its not scratch proof?and its better to go for the silver is that realy a problem because i treat my units quite well but u never know if the finish is that weak

Last edited by a moderator:
love the design and discreetness of the pax2 but already own a haze v3. is it woth it to get one for outdoor use?
and what about warranty? some guys say pax has the best customer service and some say it is horrible.

Mr. Me2

love the design and discreetness of the pax2 but already own a haze v3. is it woth it to get one for outdoor use?
and what about warranty? some guys say pax has the best customer service and some say it is horrible.
Any reason why you're not considering the pax3?

I'm a pax fan and fortunately never needed to make a warranty claim for either my pax1 or pax2. But I've generally only heard good things about its cs. We have @Ojan_at_PAX here and he is consistently and unbelievably helpful. Because of him alone, I wouldn't be concerned. Plus, pax's are VERY reliable. I think they give a 10 warranty because there just aren't that many claims.

I don't have experience with the haze 3, so I can't help with that decision but you can't go wrong with a pax.

Unless you're ready to switch to convection...,

paco FF2

its my first time with a Pax and must say love it :tup:
took it outside today and must say did a very good job!!!
about the warranty i can't say
but what i read on reviews must be good and totally worth it
10 years can't beat that :leaf:

Lookatmeglow

I own both of those units, if you would like to hear my thoughts you can PM me any questions you have about them that way we can stay on thread topic.

Both of those companies have had great customer service in my experience. Always answering my questions and luckily I haven't had any problems with either.

The pax 2 was the first vaporizer I bought, and I have not once regretted my choice. It still performs just like the day I bought it, minus a little loss in total battery life (90 to 80 after more than a year).

hey guys. does anybody know if the screen trick will make the plastic oven lid become too hot (and eventually release weird chemical stuff) or damage it?

RedEyeRasta,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom