Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
im guessing they've crossed him out over the his argument with blazing OG as they are both banned. It happened on the persei thread.

We do not normally comment on bans, and discussing moderator decisions is against the rules. To put a stop to further discussion, I'll make an exception here and confirm your speculation. The ban is three days. Any further posts along this line this will be deleted and could result in warnings issued.

so weird. i had a dream during my morning nap that i woke up and was banned

I can make your dreams come true! :D

mollee

I'm curious about the Pure Gold oil some of you have been using with this vape.

Is it worth the cost? And more importantly, is it really a true sativa? I stick mostly with indicas and don't know if I could handle a highly stimulating "strain"...

mollee,
Reactions: OF

Caligula

Maximus
I'm curious about the Pure Gold oil some of you have been using with this vape.

Is it worth the cost? And more importantly, is it really a true sativa? I stick mostly with indicas and don't know if I could handle a highly stimulating "strain"...

Its just meh IMO. I mean its good in the fact that its consistent. Its not easy to make a product like this and have it come out exactly the same every time. But 'also its downfall. Its a one note wonder. It has one orange/lemon peel taste (which I dislike) and that's it. As for the high... Tetralabs doesn't tell you what type of plant they used to make PG. Hell I bet they don't even know. Its assumed that they just buy hash oil from growers then put that through their own refinement process.

For me, I've had more potent flowers. PG is nice, but its very clear headed and non-drowsy. Not something you reach for when you need to sleep or if you want to zone out for a few hours at the movies. Pretty good for people who need to medicate at work, etc. Thats probably its biggest advantage... well that and you can literally blow it in someones face and they wont be able to smell it.

Also, its really thin and runny so its prone to leak in almost every type of cart imaginable.

OF

Actually it's neither. It's (nearly) pure THC and related chemicals, the 'stuff' that would make it species or even strain related are refined out. No matter what goes in in terms of the source strain, quality or strength it comes out 89% plus THC with basically nothing else there. It's impossible to determine the source from analyzing the final product. Not to worry.

It's very potent, and IMO worth the extra cost in some cases. It's not as expensive when you factor in the increased potency. I keep a CE4 cart loaded with it and take a hit or two from time to time. As a steady thing I prefer other oils (CO2 extractions when I can get them) that have more 'character'.

If you have access to it, you should give it a try IMO, just don't do so with Omicron carts, they tend to leak PG which is a costly mess.

OF

mollee

@Caligula & @OF - as always, I value your input so much, you have no idea! Thanks for being so patient w/my "elementary" questions! :luv: :rockon:

That's kind of what I thought about the PG. Having no odor seems about the best part, but other than that, I'm an Indica girl (chronic anxiety) & enjoy it's effects and knowing what I'm getting! ;)

I think I'll head over to a local dispensary tomorrow & pick up their c02 Kush Blend oil in a syringe instead!!

YUM! :razz:

Caligula

Maximus
Well to that respect, once you try PG you'll know exactly what you're getting each and every time. Its worth it to give it a try at least once I suppose. It might be your bag, like OF here. Its just not mine.

MaxVapor

The Professor
@Caligula & @OF - as always, I value your input so much, you have no idea! Thanks for being so patient w/my "elementary" questions! :luv: :rockon:

That's kind of what I thought about the PG. Having no odor seems about the best part, but other than that, I'm an Indica girl (chronic anxiety) & enjoy it's effects and knowing what I'm getting! ;)

I think I'll head over to a local dispensary tomorrow & pick up their c02 Kush Blend oil in a syringe instead!!

YUM! :razz:

I use PG almost everyday in combination with other things. It is a very clear headed and non-drowsy as @Caligula said, and I agree with @OF as to it's potency. I find a little goes a long way and it's great when you need to accomplish something but also need some meds. If I use it all day I get a headache though, so I limit to 3 hits then wait until later in the day to have more. Lately I tried putting a drop on some dry flower in the Bender and that was a really nice mixed affect, mellow from the flower, but lifted by the PG. It is also incredibly stealthy and you really can blow it in someones face (I tried it on my wife) and they cannot tell what it is. The limonene is a taste problem for some and at first I didn't really like it, but over time I have gotten used to it and I don't mind it at all any more. It adds a lemony taste and smell, so you can always say it is citrus oil if you need a cover story.

I have used it successfully in CE4 carto with the long wicks. I just got a Kanger bottom coil carto that I will try over the weekend.

Space Case

so shatter in an omicron 2.4? compatible?
Just want to know before I have my order delivered.
Do you have to heat up the funnel? Haven't had one of these carts in my hand yet to really look at.

Space Case,

thevaf

so shatter in an omicron 2.4? compatible?
Just want to know before I have my order delivered.
Do you have to heat up the funnel? Haven't had one of these carts in my hand yet to really look at.

1.5 is better for shatters since they get hotter. 2.4 will work but you might have to run the heat a bit longer to get it melting and flowing.

As for filling, search this thread for replies by OF - he's got some great write-ups on filling. Basically you want to start in the middle of the cart and work your way up to the funnel. The idea is to keep the path the oil will melt down nice and hot(you dont want it hitting a cold spot of steel and getting stuck).

Space Case

1.5 is better for shatters since they get hotter. 2.4 will work but you might have to run the heat a bit longer to get it melting and flowing.

As for filling, search this thread for replies by OF - he's got some great write-ups on filling. Basically you want to start in the middle of the cart and work your way up to the funnel. The idea is to keep the path the oil will melt down nice and hot(you dont want it hitting a cold spot of steel and getting stuck).
I will go ahead and get the shatter anyway. Actually I think Caligula told me the shatter is better in the e-skillet type thing and I can just run it through that. My head gets spinning

Space Case,

OF

While the extra heat is a plus for experienced users, I disagree with recommending it to a guy who hasn't "had one of these carts in my hand yet to really look at".

IMO new guys should always start with 2.4s and stick with them until they master they system. It's much easier to work at building up enough heat to do the job slowly than to run the risk of burning the seals out before you can thaw the wicks out enough to feed. One slip and the cart (and at least some of the load) is trashed.

Shatters are a tough enough way to learn without adding the problems of twice the power.

Simply put, I think 2.4s give you enough time to be sloppy a few times and get away with it as part of the learning process, higher power carts not so much so.

Once you master the 2.4s you can then make an informed decision to try higher power. But I would never suggest a guy learn to ride motorcycles by jumping on a superbike cold turkey.....as long as there was anything else to learn on.

For loading I suggest you start by reading the instructions on the D9 (or whatever their name is this week.....) site.

Good luck.

OF

Caligula

Maximus
While the extra heat is a plus for experienced users, I disagree with recommending it to a guy who hasn't "had one of these carts in my hand yet to really look at".

IMO new guys should always start with 2.4s and stick with them until they master they system. It's much easier to work at building up enough heat to do the job slowly than to run the risk of burning the seals out before you can thaw the wicks out enough to feed. One slip and the cart (and at least some of the load) is trashed.

Shatters are a tough enough way to learn without adding the problems of twice the power.

Simply put, I think 2.4s give you enough time to be sloppy a few times and get away with it as part of the learning process, higher power carts not so much so.

Once you master the 2.4s you can then make an informed decision to try higher power. But I would never suggest a guy learn to ride motorcycles by jumping on a superbike cold turkey.....as long as there was anything else to learn on.

For loading I suggest you start by reading the instructions on the D9 (or whatever their name is this week.....) site.

Good luck.

OF
@Space Case. This.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys we started to ship out the Kiss chrome and Purple carts out.

Someone asked me about who came out with the first ceramic bla bla bla and when did we have it bla bla bla.

OF has been using a ceramic 1701 for a few months now and we have been working with them for over 2 years, but we are not the first. That belongs to Thermovape guys as they used it for the Ava atomizer long before we started.

Keep the truth. Give credit where credit is due, but in this industry we know how people like stretch the truth.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral

Someone asked me about who came out with the first ceramic bla bla bla and when did we have it bla bla bla.

OF has been using a ceramic 1701 for a few months now and we have been working with them for over 2 years, but we are not the first. That belongs to Thermovape guys as they used it for the Ava atomizer long before we started.

Keep the truth. Give credit where credit is due, but in this industry we know how people like stretch the truth.
Right on, well said!

Gesundheit!!

Silver420Surfer,

thevaf

Why does it matter who created it first? I dont know why this is such a big deal in this industry. Just because you are "FIRST!" doesn't mean you did it correctly.
Also I believe the term is "first to market" - in that who was the first company to start selling them to the general public? It does give that company a slight competitive advantage, but once the market is saturated only the great ones last through the "shake out" stage, which we haven't seen yet in the industry.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Why does it matter who created it first? I dont know why this is such a big deal in this industry. Just because you are "FIRST!" doesn't mean you did it correctly.
Also I believe the term is "first to market" - in that who was the first company to start selling them to the general public? It does give that company a slight competitive advantage, but once the market is saturated only the great ones last through the "shake out" stage, which we haven't seen yet in the industry.

Well it does because facts are facts. It matters who's first to market to a degree. What we like to do is keep it legit I don't care who lasts and who doesn't but distorting the facts like a dictator to make it seem someone is smarter then they appear to be is bs.

We just like the facts to stay facts and not claim some things that arnt true. It's a slap in the face to the people who actually made this industry possible.

How would you like to have your work being credited to someone else? I sure don't.

It is basically the same as having your neighbor win the best lawn award but him using your lawn to enter the contest.

Top Bottom