Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

nickzzzx

Have people been beta testing the new LAYg carts? cant find any info... But it looks interesting, its exactly what I want. What's the capacity? I guess it will need to be filled often. Bigger or similar hits to standard extract carts? Any leaks?

nickzzzx,
Reactions: poonman

Caligula

Maximus
Have people been beta testing the new LAYg carts? cant find any info... But it looks interesting, its exactly what I want. What's the capacity? I guess it will need to be filled often. Bigger or similar hits to standard extract carts? Any leaks?
LAYG stands for load as you go, meaning you load about one hit in at a time. This will be similar to how people hit dabs from things like the Dr. Dabbler or Vape Bros Dabbler pens. As such, there isn't a reservoir to leak from either.

You're all doing it wrong. The new Mustang platform is handing the competition its proverbial asses. And this is coming from someone who has never and will never own a Mustang. Coyote engine > LSX > hemi

Last edited by a moderator:

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

It is load as you go, about 0.2 - 0.3 max i would say. Since you are loading as you need there shouldnt be any leaks.

You're all doing it wrong. The new Mustang platform is handing the competition its proverbial asses. And this is coming from someone who has never and will never own a Mustang. Coyote engine > LSX > hemi

lies i tell you lies.

all you guys who say the General will lose to something other then a Dodge here you go.

jpdnkstr

Ah, that video is from my neck of the woods! Good ol' General Motors, gotta love the proving grounds. Oops... loved watching while gassin' up my Blackbird! Time to fly.

Edit: sorry mods! I thought I was in the Persei thread. For the record, I puffed on my Nibbler-x, atop my Omicron SS with a 1.5 loaded up with some Third Dimension shatter while watching(and loading Herc).

Last edited:

OF

Guys, can you please take the car talk to another place? I'm getting a little tired of following up new posts hoping to find something related to Omicron or even vaporizing only to get more car talk......

Please "keep it between the ditches"?

TIA

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys, can you please take the car talk to another place? I'm getting a little tired of following up new posts hoping to find something related to Omicron or even vaporizing only to get more car talk......

Please "keep it between the ditches"?

TIA

OF

Just to mess with you old man I'm gonna power my omicron using The Core in my Ls2 powered Camaro while hitting 200mph.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ok so a quick heads up.

We have received a few chrome LAyG carts.

Here is why we do it differently and why our products are in a different class.

1. We dont use solder in the LAyG carts
2. We use ceramic wicks
3. Our Coils do not lose heat when you inhale, it keeps it temperature no matter what.

Now i want to expand on #3 some people plain out say its temperature control some people like myself say its not. Want to guess whos right? The LAyG carts will keep its temperature on what ever battery you have.

Our carts will work with our Ophos and Omicron Lite units, Omicron, and Persei units. If any other battery has these types of threads then it will work on them too.

Temperature Control without temperature controlling micro processor. Who would have guessed that we are the only company to be able to do this.

Last edited:

FeelingFactory

Ok so a quick heads up.

2. We use ceramic wicks
3. Our Coils do not lose heat when you inhale, it keeps it temperature no matter what.

Now i want to expand on #3 some people plain out say its temperature control some people like myself say its not. Want to guess whos right? The LAyG carts will keep its temperature on what ever battery you have.

Our carts will work with our Ophos and Omicron Lite units, Omicron, and Persei units. If any other battery has these types of threads then it will work on them too.

Temperature Control without temperature controlling micro processor. Who would have guessed that we are the only company to be able to do this.
Although I personally haven't had a problem with losing heat while hitting layg-style globes, I'm curious as to the performance difference in these new carts with the heat "regulated". The big game changer at least for me is the use of ceramic wicks over silica for flavor. Vapor globes come close to the true dab taste if you load the coil directly & they provide visual feedback with a monster hit, but I will be eagerly awaiting your layg release as it is more stealth when in public & made with a superior wick. At the same price too!

As a side note I should mention, your wicks appear a bit lower in the bowl than globes which is great for loading a little more than 1 hit for portability!

TommydCat

Those globes can give a nasty burnt taste as well and seems I gotta dig out the goo around and put it back on the coil more than actually loading fresh stuff into them (yes, you can hold the button, but if that coil is glowing bright red, you're not doing it efficiently and will wind up with the worst smell on the inside of that globe). That said, I can get a monster rip pretty damn quick from a preloaded one...

Thinking about picking up a blunt syringe of CO2 oil to see if just dropping works more conveniently as now I have to load up whatever BHO (wax, taffy, shatter) on a dabber, heat it up and drip it on otherwise it usually winds up with a mess... Does the new LayG cart do this better as well?

Caligula

Maximus
The LAyG carts will keep its temperature on what ever battery you have.

LOL, so I may actually have use for my G Pen battery?

Caligula,

FeelingFactory

Those globes can give a nasty burnt taste as well and seems I gotta dig out the goo around and put it back on the coil more than actually loading fresh stuff into them (yes, you can hold the button, but if that coil is glowing bright red, you're not doing it efficiently and will wind up with the worst smell on the inside of that globe). That said, I can get a monster rip pretty damn quick from a preloaded one...

Thinking about picking up a blunt syringe of CO2 oil to see if just dropping works more conveniently as now I have to load up whatever BHO (wax, taffy, shatter) on a dabber, heat it up and drip it on otherwise it usually winds up with a mess... Does the new LayG cart do this better as well?
Thanks for the heads-up. I haven't been pressing the button long enough for it to glow red through the vapor except once or twice a little, so I haven't encountered much off tastes. When I don't load enough for a large hit though it can taste funky and I'll stop early towards the mid/end of the hit. The new layg should eliminate this from lack of silica. I can see where loading with a dabber could get annoying, but I have been just breaking off a small piece of shatter or scraping relatively solid wax manually. Loading either layg style seems to depend on product consistency, but yeah scooping with a dental pick helps get all the reclaim below the heater.

This reloading is what keeps me using standard omi carts while on the go or using the omi with a water piece - so I'm curious to see how the new layg will fare with more than 1 hit loaded.

FeelingFactory,
Reactions: TommydCat

thevaf

Ok so a quick heads up.

2. We use ceramic wicks

So basically you are using a wire that does not lose resistance when heat is applied. :brow:

thevaf,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
So basically you are using a wire that does not lose resistance when heat is applied. :brow:

I think it would have to be a little more than that for the temperature to stay consistent across any battery voltage. I think they must have a fixed output switching regulator in circuit that delivers a precise wattage regardless of the voltage of the source.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I think it would have to be a little more than that for the temperature to stay consistent across any battery voltage. I think they must have a fixed output switching regulator in circuit that delivers a precise wattage regardless of the voltage of the source.

nope simple solution make it 2 ohms. Could go 1.5 ohm but thats just over doing it.

thevaf

nope simple solution make it 2 ohms. Could go 1.5 ohm but thats just over doing it.

but...but...there's NO MICROCONTROLLER!!! I'll just toss it up to magic.

The Core looks great. Do the inserts fit into the existing tubes? I ask because in the photo it looks like it comes with another tube.

thevaf,

clukx

The Core will be nice...
Ive been seriously thinkin about upgrading my Omicron V2.5 to a Persei.
I really wana try a 5.0 ohm cartridge at 7.4v, and MAYBE an SR-71

clukx,

thevaf

The Core will be nice...
Ive been seriously thinkin about upgrading my Omicron V2.5 to a Persei.
I really wana try a 5.0 ohm cartridge at 7.4v, and MAYBE an SR-71

I have an Omi 2.5, then got the HVD kit. The 5ohm carts work nicely, but the batteries just don't last that long. Those little 14250s you have to stack are barely 300mah each - And stacking batts does not double the MaH, only the voltage. So while it does work great, its not optimal.

I later ponied up the cash for a Persei and SR/71 combo and couldnt be happier. The taste of your oils out of SR/71 is vastly better versus the 5ohm cart. I just can't go back to the carts knowing the flavor difference. Basically, this is a go big or go home game. You get what you pay for, and with W9 you are paying for high-powered, safe, serviceable devices, and amazing customer service.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
At the show in Denver. First glimpse at the color LAyG carts.

1F0D637C-80EB-4ECF-BB11-6BF10CDD2A53-519-000000A0AE8E31BA_zps2dc08259.jpg

Top Bottom