Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

evnt

So I enjoyed my omicron light so much, I ended up snagging one for my GF's birthday the past weekend. I am now sitting with a slight problem. I think my device possible has a battery issue? I am diagnosing this based off the performance of her Omicron day we opened it. We gave both devices full charges and got some new oils (some nice clear amber colored chem dawg oil). I loaded her 2.4 cart with little issue, and as well loaded up another new 2.4 cart with some other almost identical amber oil we got from same place. Both loads were my best yet, with no air pocket from what I can tell as I hear air flow instantly while pulling on it and tasted vapor without even having to prime the cart really.

So my issue is that on my device I can take a few 4-5 second pulls and get some slight visible vapor and a somewhat tasty hit and if I do this 4-5 more times I usually can reach a point of feeling comfortably medicated.. now the part I am confused about is that I took the first hit on my GF's new omi showing her how to use it and I pushed the button for no more than a few seconds and got one of the biggest clouds I have seen from this thing. And not to mention that but I was knocked on my ass with that one hit. I was consistently getting larger smoother pulls from her device compared to mine, and am having a hard time telling if I really did just screw something up on my load, if the potency was really that big of a difference between some equal looking Sour D oil and Chem Dawg oil, or if my device just happens to have an issue. I always seem to have to work a lot more with mine, when using her's briefly it felt effortless and how I should feel when using the device. I have to say just from how much different it was is what prompted me writing this post.

Would love some input on this.. I skimmed this post down a ton so if you need more details about something just holler.

evnt,

exit

I kinda feel the same way about my OPHOS versus my Persei, I tend to get bigger actual his
more often with the O PHOS for some reason. I think I'm still getting used to how to actually use the thing thoguh lol because it does work.

edit: keyword is consistent... persei will kick your ass a little too hard if you let it!

edit 2: I should say, on both vapes, sometimes i get "lucky" and by surprise get a hit that's WAY huger than i expected. Must be the perfect heatup time :)

By the way..... What's keeping me from buying a Omicron HVD and using it by itself?
What's the missing bottom cap?

evnt

I think the difference was random....
and that later on you will see the units do the reverse!
Let us know~

yeah this weekend I am going to do some more side by side comparisons with the two devices. I just had such a different experience with the other one that it got me thinking..

evnt,
Reactions: OF

OF

yeah this weekend I am going to do some more side by side comparisons with the two devices. I just had such a different experience with the other one that it got me thinking..

I'd also suggest swapping the carts around.

I've done a fair bit of testing various Omicron supplies and from an electrical standpoint they're pretty much the same unit to unit, but there are some differences model to model. However, there is a much bigger difference between fully charged and say half discharged for any single unit than there is from unit to unit.....by a fair bit.

OF

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
By the way..... What's keeping me from buying a Omicron HVD and using it by itself?
What's the missing bottom cap?

I'm pretty sure the longer body that allows (2) 14350's (7.4v) is what you will be missing. It comes with the body for a single 14350 for stealth mode..

SlinginPaint,
Reactions: ataxian

itschad

So I got my omicron in and I think I got a dead unit... I charged the batteries and dropped one in. Start screwing the top off and it blinks blue a few times while scewing it in. Press the button and nothing happens. No light. Nothing warms up.

Disappointing :(

itschad,

exit

I cleared a few carts up nicely with a safety pin and some ISO. All the carts that were clogged don't have as nice airflow as some of my other carts but they're all hitting nice again :)

exit,

TooShort

Would love some input on this.. I skimmed this post down a ton so if you need more details about something just holler.

Not sure if this is the issue, but worth a try. Unscrew the cart from your omicron and make sure the top is clean with no wax on it.

TooShort,

itschad

so aside from the initial my not knowing how to turn it on, this device is absolutely AMAZING! I have had absolutely no trouble getting great foggy hits with an initial 3 second prime and then gentle 6-8 second pull.

Forgot my ce4 cart at work though, going to try out my glycerin tincture tomorrow. Speaking of which, have any of you guys made your own and if so what sort of ratio did you use? I probably used about 3 grams of kif in ~3.3 tablespoons of glycerin, ingesting orally i need about 10-12ml to feel medicated...im not sure how any of this would translate to inhallation though

also can i put iso hash in the regular 2.5ohm carts

itschad,

OF

There we go :D

Wish the instructions said that lol

Glad you're back on track. I understand your instructions point (it's actually a very common feature of e-cig related batteries) but if it was well documented what we we find for Bob to do?

OF

itschad

Glad you're back on track. I understand your instructions point (it's actually a very common feature of e-cig related batteries) but if it was well documented what we we find for Bob to do?

OF

oh, haha. I'm not a tobacco smoker aside from an occasional cigar, but I've never tried any of the e-cigs.

I love it though. just got back from hanging out with some friends and we put a solid 20 hits on it, i'm curious to see just how many hits i get out of a half a gram

itschad,

OF

I love it though. just got back from hanging out with some friends and we put a solid 20 hits on it, i'm curious to see just how many hits i get out of a half a gram

Glad you're enjoying it, that's what's it's for, right?

Probably about 300 to the gram. You loaded .5 and can run down to .2 or so. I'd therefore expect about 100 hits from the .3 grams you can use.

OF

OF,

itschad

I've seen here and there about a hercules chamber that does oils/bho as well as herbs? Am I understanding correctly that that will not work with my standard omicron v2.5, and that I will need the 'HVD upgrade' for it?

or is this something that isn't even available anymore

also, does the hercules chamber have the shorter life cycle like these carts or are you pretty much good for long term aside from odd technical malfunction/abuse

itschad,

itschad

oh. but the standard hercules herb chamber works just fine with the standard omicron, and is a long-term device, yes?

itschad,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
correct. if you want, bring a few extra 14500 aw imr batts and the hvd, which allows for a little more power. and adds the longer end cap that allows for the above slightly shorter batts. might get you closer to combustion and require more feathering, not as familiar w/ that unit. might want to ask vitolo

Bob Loblaw,

itschad

Awesome thanks for the info.

This is seriously the best vape I've used all things considered, and I've tried the cloud pen, g pen, mflb, extreme q and volcano. Of course I'd love a volcano but gosh this is just the perfect size and amount for me. Great job THC, expect more of my money

Breathemetal

What will be so great about the new cart design?
I see they have them on the site, but no option to buy yet.
How are they leak-proof?

If so...I may finally snag me a Omicron setup.

And there is going to be a oil hercules too?

Breathemetal,

justcametomind

I have to choose between Omi light or Omicron/Persei.
I'd like to get a pen style vape for stealth reasons. I'd vape budder/oils mostly and maybe some wax sometimes.
My radar was also on a old Thermovape since you can load single dabs on it but I read a lot of bad comments lately.
Are the THCS carts refillable right? If I got it correctly (1gr per load max) you can load up to 5 grams on a cart if your oils are top quality (and I don't know if mine are, probably good but not top shelf imho).
If I used budder on a cart can I use wax on the next load?
Not having certified quality over here do I risk to buy a vape I'll underuse?
I like dabs but maybe a Persei is too big for me, not so stealthy and also on THCS site they suggest not to get it as a first pen style purchase.
I think wether is better to get a Omicron or a Omicron Light/Ophos (last is cheaper what's the difference?).
What do I loose if
Are there any sales around and/or FC discounts you can suggest(Shipping to EU)?

justcametomind,
Top Bottom