Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

thevaf

I highly suggest looking for an HVD kit in the classifieds (look in all vape/mmj related forums). I was going to go for the 14500 conversion kit, but found a slightly used HVD kit for 50$. So $20 more and I can still use the 14500 batteries with the spring-bottom cap and the default tube that comes with the omicron. The best part is I can easily switch from 3.7v to 7.4v without carrying a second end cap and I also have 2 functional omicrons at any give time (3.7v w/ shorty from HVD + 7.4v with regular tube and HVD endcap).

thevaf,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I find the Hercules 3.7 to work equally well with either of those batteries..
same with the Omicron in general.. The 14500 seems to last a bit longer, but I find no difference in performance.
The secret with the Herc 3.7 is to get meds dry and fine... grainy like black table pepper.
It must be able to shake about freely in your cart
You don't release button... no need to. .... you will shake the unit well...
take a nice hit, hold it as you shake again, and keep holding the hits as you shake for the next.. by the time your lungs are full you will be holding ample vapor.
The technique is not unlike using MFLB

itschad

Yeah thanks Vitolo! I watched your video on my lunch break and was much more successful. I took maybe 4-6 seconds gentle draws between shakes, maybe 5 draws per inhallation, and was producing better vapor (as well as actually feeling something!) Much better. I still am debating listing my omicron and herb chamber to sell in an attempt to get a persei, though...

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Yeah thanks Vitolo! I watched your video on my lunch break and was much more successful. I took maybe 4-6 seconds gentle draws between shakes, maybe 5 draws per inhallation, and was producing better vapor (as well as actually feeling something!) Much better. I still am debating listing my omicron and herb chamber to sell in an attempt to get a persei, though...

I sold my v2 and HVD to pick up a Persei. One of the best decisions I made for sure. Even with the HVD, the 7.4v Hercules won't be able to function efficiently. The batteries are just too small (at least I think that's what the problem is?).

whoisdecoy

Hey, new here. I'm really interested in this one over all others. Can the Omicron do ecig liquid as well as concentrates? Thanks

whoisdecoy,

OF

Hey, new here. I'm really interested in this one over all others. Can the Omicron do ecig liquid as well as concentrates? Thanks

Welcome to the Forum. Many would agree with you, Omicron is a good choice for entry using concentrates.

Yes, with the proper cartridge the Omicron (battery) will do fine. Omicron carts are, however, a poor choice for 'juice'. D9 sells the CE4 carts for that purpose.

Some carts will need a thread adapter, another reason to get them from D9.

Good luck.

OF

OF,

whoisdecoy

Welcome to the Forum. Many would agree with you, Omicron is a good choice for entry using concentrates.

Yes, with the proper cartridge the Omicron (battery) will do fine. Omicron carts are, however, a poor choice for 'juice'. D9 sells the CE4 carts for that purpose.

Some carts will need a thread adapter, another reason to get them from D9.

Good luck.

OF

Hey OF,

I've read a lot of your posts around here already. Thank you for the quick response.

So from what I understand so far is that I will need the following:

Omicron Vape
Ce4 Cartomizer

I also saw a table that had the ohms and voltage for different hitting abilities, but I can't seem to find it again.

Hopefully that is all I need to be set for concentrates and some essentials.

Thanks

whoisdecoy,
Reactions: OF

OF

Thank you for the quick response.

So from what I understand so far is that I will need the following:

Omicron VapeCe4 Cartomizer

I also saw a table that had the ohms and voltage for different hitting abilities, but I can't seem to find it again.

You're welcome, glad to help if/when I can. Yes, that's the one you probably will have the best luck with. It'll also do a good job with Pure Gold (got one right here, can you see it from there?), other concentrates seem to thick to feed well when cool. Omicron carts address this by having a second heater in the reservoir to heat the goods so they'll feed well.

The chart you're thinking of it probably related to Omicron carts (which come in lots of different values), for what you're trying to do the 2.5 Ohm you linked to above is probably the call.

Best wishes.

OF

OF,

whoisdecoy

You're welcome, glad to help if/when I can. Yes, that's the one you probably will have the best luck with. It'll also do a good job with Pure Gold (got one right here, can you see it from there?), other concentrates seem to thick to feed well when cool. Omicron carts address this by having a second heater in the reservoir to heat the goods so they'll feed well.

The chart you're thinking of it probably related to Omicron carts (which come in lots of different values), for what you're trying to do the 2.5 Ohm you linked to above is probably the call.

Best wishes.

OF

Don't know what the Pure Gold is, but I think it is a pre-filled cart? Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes the chart was on a site that sold them and it was related to choosing the correct cart for yourself.

What site would be best for all my needs?

Thanks

whoisdecoy,

OF

Don't know what the Pure Gold is, but I think it is a pre-filled cart?

What site would be best for all my needs?
http://tetralabs.com/puregold_technical.php

It's nearly pure THC, $40 a half gram, typically. Most find it very nice, but it's 'honey thin'.

Not knowing all your needs (?), I'd suggest D9 since they have the CE4 which will be the biggest problem elsewhere and getting the threads to mate. Omicron and Persei use a non standard standard if you follow. They, and a few others use m601 threads, most of the world uses the similar 510 thread.

CE4 of course uses neither, hence the D9 supplied adapter? The normal adapter will end in 510 threads, not 601 and you'll be off looking for another adapter......

You're welcome once again. Thanks.

OF

OF,

whoisdecoy

http://tetralabs.com/puregold_technical.php

It's nearly pure THC, $40 a half gram, typically. Most find it very nice, but it's 'honey thin'.

Not knowing all your needs (?), I'd suggest D9 since they have the CE4 which will be the biggest problem elsewhere and getting the threads to mate. Omicron and Persei use a non standard standard if you follow. They, and a few others use m601 threads, most of the world uses the similar 510 thread.

CE4 of course uses neither, hence the D9 supplied adapter? The normal adapter will end in 510 threads, not 601 and you'll be off looking for another adapter......

You're welcome once again. Thanks.

OF

Oh yeah that stuff, I've heard of it, never tried it. Maybe I will once I get a vape. It is pretty steep though. All of my needs would include the vape, carts, and eliquid. There is probably a separate site to get better eliquid, if D9 even has any.

I follow you with the different threads. Thanks for helping me understand.

Thank you,
P

whoisdecoy,

OF

Oh yeah that stuff, I've heard of it, never tried it. Maybe I will once I get a vape. It is pretty steep though. All of my needs would include the vape, carts, and eliquid. There is probably a separate site to get better eliquid, if D9 even has any.

Thanks for helping me understand.

You're welcome, glad to help.

It's pretty cool all right, but pricey. Not all that bad given is so rich in THC. Makes a good 'special treat' but as a daily thing best not quit your day job.

D9 doesn't sell 'juice', lots of places do. Perhaps some of 'the guys' that use it can suggest a few? They probably have a thought or two on carts?

OF

OF,

poonman

You're welcome, glad to help.

It's pretty cool all right, but pricey. Not all that bad given is so rich in THC. Makes a good 'special treat' but as a daily thing best not quit your day job.

D9 doesn't sell 'juice', lots of places do. Perhaps some of 'the guys' that use it can suggest a few? They probably have a thought or two on carts?

OF

I checked out that PG site , OF .
It only deals with ' American ' Licensed MJ patients .... Bummer .
But I'll check out some Canadian dispensary sites , maybe I can order some from them .

How much THC is in a PG cart ? aprox .

poonman,
Reactions: OF

OF

I checked out that PG site , OF .
It only deals with ' American ' Licensed MJ patients .... Bummer .
But I'll check out some Canadian dispensary sites , maybe I can order some from them .

How much THC is in a PG cart ? aprox .

Bummer. Hey, you're a North American....right? They didn't say 'United States' after all?

FWIW there's a clone around I've tried, not as tasty but OK IMO. Wish I could recall the name, it's similar as you'd expect.

The various labs seem to list THC in the 80% plus area, with total cannabinoids running to well over 90%.

Not much there but the stuff we want.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Oh yeah that stuff, I've heard of it, never tried it. Thanks for helping me understand.
Thank you,
P
PG is good stuff however a bit expensive.
Some of the SHATTERS are $60.00/gram vs $70.00/gram PG
I like the taste of the SHATTER much better.
The blonde SKYWALKER $50/gram is nice addition to a 2.4 OMICROM CART!
PURE GOLD is nice however it's not the HOLY GRAIL.
I normally have a CARTOMIZER 2.5 loaded up with PG as back up in case my THC levels become dangerously low!

exit

I have 2 cartridges that are clogged (or, at least not pulling).
I have tried a needle dipped in ISO.... but it doesn't seem there is thing clogging the middle air tube.

What to do now? This cart still has .6g left in it and was hitting before (although was wispy compared to other carts)!

It gets hot... maybe the top heater is dead? I have bad luck with the top heaters in these :\

exit,

OF

What to do now? This cart still has .6g left in it and was hitting before (although was wispy compared to other carts)!

It gets hot... maybe the top heater is dead? I have bad luck with the top heaters in these :\

Sorry you're having trouble. OK, a couple of issues here. Let's go after one at a time? First off, what power cart are we talking?

The heaters have no connection to the draw, it should draw cold and not even attached to your trusty Omicron. If you've sure the upper tube is clear, it has to be the lower one almost certainly as flooding the furnace enough to completely block flow there in the face of heat is, I believe, unheard of. You need something smaller in diameter but shorter for the job.

I generally advise against needles point end down, too easy to scar the heater, I hope yours is at least eye end out? IMO most anything else (I use plastic covered copper wire or nylon fishing line usually). Anyway, same drill as before, gently insert it and remove it to wipe clean and repeat. The heater is about 1/2 inch up there, be careful. Unfortunately the lower tube fouling is not from concentrate vapor condensing like the flue is, vent jams generally come from flooding and can point to seal leak issues. Getting it clear and running well is the first step in that project.

You might want to practice a bit poking up the vent on a new (or well working) cart if you have one. Getting 'the feel' is important as is finding the heater location so you can avoid it. Poking through baked in oil is not a good time for that.

Having .6 left obviously shows you had even more at one time, which is probably contributing to the leak. Half a grem at most is recommended, seal leaks are the typical downside of loading more.

To the heater issue, I assume by 'top' you mean the outer or reservoir heater rather than the inner or vaporizing one? Standard carts with concentrate properly loaded should be pretty immune to burn out the other heaters seem to fail more often since they run hotter by far....and they almost always die from low production due to fouling. More than one would be strange indeed. Again, what's your usage pattern (do you sip or chase serious clouds?), and what power level are the dead carts?

TIA

Good luck.

OF

exit

Woops, sorry about the missing info!

All the carts I speak of are 2.4's. Been testing them between my OPHOS and Persei with a full charge 18650 IMR. Yes by top i mean the reservoir heater. I suppose I chase clouds once in a while but most of the time I just sip lightly for a while (generally as light as possible, start inhaling right before i push the button and a few seconds after i let go of it too). I can definitely tell this one that isn't working right is drawing cold though.

Honestly it might not be the best quality concentrate either... but I have other carts with the same stuff that work fine. I think these carts that are having some issues spent a little too much time on their sides by accident, too.

I'll see if there's anything I can do to save this cart. Thanks a bunch for your help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
All the carts I speak of are 2.4's.Honestly it might not be the best quality concentrate either... I think these carts that are having some issues spent a little too much time on their sides by accident, too.
Sorry to chime in here:
However two experiences I've had:
1). I ruin 2 carts by loading super sticky wax kind of tan. I had 11+ grams so I was being careless.
Heated carts and drained oil onto some KEIF and made POLLEN PELLETS for my HERCULES with out the tanks. Recovered material so OK lesson learned.
(Only BLONDE WELL PURGED Concentrates for carts!)
Questionable material I make PELLETS.

2). I have since made a cheap storage block out of a piece of surfboard foam (use aluminum, wood, foam, cardboard or whatever you might have and a drill press)) to store carts upright.
When I was laying them on their side I would have to reheat the cart with it in the upright position.
This would clear the clog and I would be back in business.
sprayed a granite finish on the foam for effect.
The CARTOMISER for PURE GOLD is upside down however I re-drilled the storage hole and put it right side up before I lost the material. (live and learn)

3). I have since restocked with a SKYWALKER BLONDE HONEYCOMB WAX.

4). My Formula is BLONDE well PURGED medicine and upright storage 2.4 carts work best in my case however the 5.0's a very powerful (night time). The 5.0's are a bit extreme. The 2.4's are more practical! (day time)

This may or may not help it's just what I have experienced.

"OF" knows way more than I do.
I'm just a consumer!

OF

"OF" knows way more than I do.
I'm just a consumer!

Boy, I was with you right up to that last part......

Just to be clear, I'm just a customer as well....and sometimes a quite troubling one, just ask anybody. I'm here guessin' like everyone else, enjoying the company, topic and fringe benefits.

This stuff is mighty cool, in case you hadn't noticed? Much too good not to share.

OF

exit

Same story - this stuff was extra sticky and I had a ton of it when I basically loaded up a 5 pack with that stuff... only 3 of then work reliably now! My lesson has been learned too ;)

Now off topic.....
I like your idea for pollen pellets!
Especially for more questionable hashes.
I don't have a grinder with kief screen or kief box.
What's your preferred method of harvesting kief (to anyone?)

I have feeling I will be buying a Hercules soon...!

OF

Same story - this stuff was extra sticky and I had a ton of it when I basically loaded up a 5 pack with that stuff... only 3 of then work reliably now!

Can I ask you guys trashing carts with 'sticky stuff' a favor? Please run a foil test and let us know if that predicts fouling?

TIA

OF

Top Bottom