Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Vitolo

Vaporist
It was exactly like the Ophos, but without the direct USB... it charged by screwing it onto the "ecig" type charger. There were issues due to the tackiness of or substance... so they made a newer type that charged from the "non-business" end.
The Omicron has the advantage of no cutoff... but The battery seems to weaken over time... giving progressivly weaker hits so you MUST hold that button.
The O-Phos battery seems to stay at it's power level till the end, then "Bam~"

No-Wrinkle

I got my omicron in today. I was really excited to use it. I am afraid I might have torched the cart though. My torch was turned up way more than expected and I accidentally torched the cart really hot for a couple seconds. How likely that it is gone? I loaded the extract into that cart but I am afraid the seals are no longer functional now. Is there a way to test this or will I simply have to wait for my batteries to be ready?

No-Wrinkle,

OF

I got my omicron in today. I was really excited to use it. I am afraid I might have torched the cart though. My torch was turned up way more than expected and I accidentally torched the cart really hot for a couple seconds. How likely that it is gone? I loaded the extract into that cart but I am afraid the seals are no longer functional now. Is there a way to test this or will I simply have to wait for my batteries to be ready?

Were you holding the bottom of the cart at the time, did you continue to?

OF

OF,

No-Wrinkle

Were you holding the bottom of the cart at the time, did you continue to?

OF
I was holding the omicron at the time. I quickly realized it was getting way way too hot. I couldn't feel any heat from holding the omicron though. I touched the cart in the middle and it was very, very hot.

No-Wrinkle,
Reactions: OF

exit

You had the cartridge attached to the omicron while you were heating it up? Oh man, you might want to give the manual a quick flip through if you haven't yet.

In the meantime try holding down the buttons and look down into the cart and see if you can see the heater glow when you hold the button in.

For the record you don't need to put any direct flame on the cartridge nor should you. in the future you should only need to graze the fill tool and cartridge fairly quickly to get the job done

exit,

No-Wrinkle

You had the cartridge attached to the omicron while you were heating it up? Oh man, you might want to give the manual a quick flip through if you haven't yet.

In the meantime try holding down the buttons and look down into the cart and see if you can see the heater glow when you hold the button in.

For the record you don't need to put any direct flame on the cartridge nor should you. in the future you should only need to graze the fill tool and cartridge fairly quickly to get the job done

Alright thanks I will try that. The manual says as a "pro tip" to attach the cart to the omicron. I did read the manual. I did underestimate how hot my torch was. I should have been holding the cart itself, and I realize that I made that mistake. I made a few mistakes in my haste. I do know that.

Edit: I turned off the lights and held the button down for a couple of seconds and I could see a glowing when looking down the cart.

No-Wrinkle,

exit

I would just be worried about turning it on while holding it i guess. I just assumed the manual would say not to haha. I just punch a hole in a cardboard box and torch it while its on that.

Just tryout and see if the heater still works, you might be able to get a hit out of it anyway.

exit,

No-Wrinkle

I would just be worried about turning it on while holding it i guess. I just assumed the manual would say not to haha. I just punch a hole in a cardboard box and torch it while its on that.

Just tryout and see if the heater still works, you might be able to get a hit out of it anyway.

Sorry I made an edit instead of a new post. I could see the heater glowing. What is that indicative of? Is this cart still functional?

No-Wrinkle,

No-Wrinkle

Well at least it mean something works in it :lol: try and hit it and tell us how it goes

When trying to hit it earlier I was unable to get a solid hit or any visible vapor for that matter. I followed the priming instructions on the manual but was unable to ever get a substantial hit. I have taken a break and charged the batteries up since then. What should be my course of action?

No-Wrinkle,
Reactions: OF

OF

I was holding the omicron at the time. I quickly realized it was getting way way too hot. I couldn't feel any heat from holding the omicron though. I touched the cart in the middle and it was very, very hot.
When trying to hit it earlier I was unable to get a solid hit or any visible vapor for that matter. I followed the priming instructions on the manual but was unable to ever get a substantial hit. I have taken a break and charged the batteries up since then. What should be my course of action?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. If you were holding the bottom 1/3 and it didn't get hot you're fine. Stainless Steel conducts heat poorly even when it's thick, which this isn't. The center should be fine, no serious seals there. The critical ones are below, under your fingers.

However, it sounds like you had problems with your aborted loading. Don't do any more 'dry burns', that is don't run the button with the wicks dry, that will wreck the seals.

How much did you load?

OF

No-Wrinkle

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. If you were holding the bottom 1/3 and it didn't get hot you're fine. Stainless Steel conducts heat poorly even when it's thick, which this isn't. The center should be fine, no serious seals there. The critical ones are below, under your fingers.

However, it sounds like you had problems with your aborted loading. Don't do any more 'dry burns', that is don't run the button with the wicks dry, that will wreck the seals.

How much did you load?

OF

I measured with my scale .52g of honeycomb.

Edit: Is priming considered 'dry burn'? What should I do if initial priming is not working?

No-Wrinkle,

OF

Sounds like a reasonable load, it meted down well? How hot was the center section when it got there?

My take is you have the typical first timer issue, there's an air bubble trapped under the goods because the center wasn't quite hot enough to keep it going down. It froze right there, the rest on top of it, air underneath. Remember, when it melts in the tool it's just barely melted, cooling a few degrees is enough to freeze it up.

So how hot was it? We should be able to shift it down, but need to be sure that's the right move.

OF

No-Wrinkle

Sounds like a reasonable load, it meted down well? How hot was the center section when it got there?

My take is you have the typical first timer issue, there's an air bubble trapped under the goods because the center wasn't quite hot enough to keep it going down. It froze right there, the rest on top of it, air underneath. Remember, when it melts in the tool it's just barely melted, cooling a few degrees is enough to freeze it up.

So how hot was it? We should be able to shift it down, but need to be sure that's the right move.

OF

When I accidentally heated it with my torch it was really quite hot in the center. I believe I let the middle cool down too much before I started working on the wax in the funnel. The wax melted pretty well when I started to work on it. I was far too hasty in the beginning and make some crucial mistakes. I would like to try to continue with this cart if you think that would be okay. I really appreciate the help :tup:.

No-Wrinkle,

poonman

When I accidentally heated it with my torch it was really quite hot in the center. I believe I let the middle cool down too much before I started working on the wax in the funnel. The wax melted pretty well when I started to work on it. I was far too hasty in the beginning and make some crucial mistakes. I would like to try to continue with this cart if you think that would be okay. I really appreciate the help :tup:.

You might as well continue with the cart .
Try to melt it , the rest down the cart .
And try again .

I'm guessing you didn't purchase extra carts ?
But if you did , you can reclaim most of it and put it into the new cart afterwards .

I use a bic lighter .

poonman,

No-Wrinkle

You might as well continue with the cart .
Try to melt it , the rest down the cart .
And try again .

I'm guessing you didn't purchase extra carts ?
But if you did , you can reclaim most of it and put it into the new cart afterwards .

I use a bic lighter .

I did not purchase any extra carts. A decision I regretted pretty instantly. I'll be ordering a couple 2.4ohm carts as soon as I get the chance.

Is there a technique to use to melt the rest down or to get the air bubble out of the way? Or do i just start spinning and heating with a lighter?

OF

I figured that might be the case, it's a natural reaction for sure. As an idea, next time I'd let it all cool down and take a fresh run at it, it really is a matter of timing. You have to get the center as hot as you can without over heating the seals (within reason) then quickly move up and get the load melted before it can cool in the center too much.

We've got a fair chance of correcting it, but it's not foolproof and you need to stay sharp. What we're going to do is basically the same thing only more so since it'll be harder to melt with the load stuck. Hold it as before and keep it turning back and forth. We need heat from all sides. Heat the center again keeping the part under your fingers warm but not uncomfortably so. Also watch for vapor coming out the top, we don't want too much of that as it can lead to burning the oil. When you get the center hot and it feels warm under your fingers move up for a bit to hit the stuff at the top before moving back down again. Keep moving, you want to have it at 'working temperature' (center and top hot, bottom warm) for maybe 20 seconds or more straight before letting it cool.

Then try the heater again, but hit it for a few seconds and let it cool a bit and hit it again a few times. We want to heat the wicks up but not demand lots of flow. Then give it a go. This is risky but usually works. I've done it several times and only had one leaker. Sometimes you need a second try.

Good luck.

OF

poonman

Yes , do what OF suggested .
As a quick trick , after cooling .
Put the silicone mouthpiece on , but keep your finger tip over the hole .
By doing that , you create a small air pressure pushing downwards in the cart .
You may have to repeat it 2 or 3 times before you hear a ' pop ' .

evnt

Yes , do what OF suggested .
As a quick trick , after cooling .
Put the silicone mouthpiece on , but keep your finger tip over the hole .
By doing that , you create a small air pressure pushing downwards in the cart .
You may have to repeat it 2 or 3 times before you hear a ' pop ' .

This has been a great little trick to remember. Works like a charm. BTW I realized I haven't checked back in since I emptied cart. Recovered probably 80% of what was in that bunk cart I messed up, and upon moving to a new cart everything is running smoothly. To other new comers here, I was quite discouraged with my initial go with my omicron light, but now as I am getting the hang of the loading, I am quite happy with this little guy. Now to find the concentrate that really jives with me and this device.. suggestions welcome :)

Erikim

Woulda you guys reccommend not using an older cart? It still gets warm so I know it works, but it is clogged, and I only have like 2 dabs worth of concentrate left to load. I'm worried its not enough to melt down all the way.

I haven't used my omicron since the ce4 I picked up from delta9 kinda made my top all glitchy or something. I wanna see if my omicron can fire up a little wax in a older cart. For ole time sakes

Erikim,

OF

Woulda you guys reccommend not using an older cart? It still gets warm so I know it works, but it is clogged, and I only have like 2 dabs worth of concentrate left to load. I'm worried its not enough to melt down all the way.

I haven't used my omicron since the ce4 I picked up from delta9 kinda made my top all glitchy or something. I wanna see if my omicron can fire up a little wax in a older cart. For ole time sakes

Don't try to load '2 dabs worth' (which I take to be 1/8 to .2 grams?) in a new cart, it won't work. It takes about that much to fill the voids and wicks and get feeding (but you'd have nothing to feed.

If the old cart was working, it still has the .2 or so 'locked up' in it, I'd put the rest of the stash there if you want to vape it from an Omicron cart, it sounds like your only chance. Just add it to what's there.

OF

OF,
Reactions: poonman

No-Wrinkle

Good news everyone! I did exactly as OF said (at least I tried). It worked out quite well so far. The first draw after following the instructions I attained visible vapor.

I would like to thank everyone who helped me get this thing working. I am already following in love.

Sorry if this didn't make sense. I am already pretty medicated off this thing... :science:

Top Bottom