Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

pukkkapc

First off, howdy, welcome to the Forum. Glad you're enjoying your Omicron.

To your question, the general rule for rate is 'charge in one or two hours' if possible. So either is OK, if you're doing IMR batteries I'd go with 650mA as long as it didn't get too hot.

Don't discount the idea your battery could be at end of life, this is really tough duty for these little guys, we beat 'em up a lot.

As to making better contact with batteries, I find with mine if I rotate the battery in the charger when the light doesn't come on, that generally fixes it. Also pushing them down some against the spring and letting the spring carry it up (gently) helps as well.

Also, if you like the stock 14650s you'll absolutely love IMR 14500s, lower capacity (600mAh) but something like a 20% boost in initial power and it stays hot longer. To do it you'll need the upgrade kit (comes with short tube and the needed battery) or the longer tail cap from the HV upgrade kit (or some other 15 mm spacer).

Good luck.

OF

Thanks for the quick response, however the red charge light did not turn on when I had the setting at 650. Also, sometimes I leave my batteries on my charger overnight for over eight hours, does that damage my batteries? How long do they usually last if I frequently use it everyday?

And I have been reading all the great reviews on the 14500S and I was really tempted to order them when I ordered the new charger, but I just purchased a bunch of the 14650S and I didn't want them to go to waste. Do they hold a charge longer using the 1.5s or is it just the boost in power?

pukkkapc,
Honestly I get just as big of hits with my 2.4s when using proper technique. I have tried every cart and still go back to the 2.4 for its reliability and ease of use.

Proper technique with an AW battery will outperform the "hotter" carts any day IMO

What technique do you recommend the most then?

DatOilVape,

tharealmclovin

Sorry if this is not new for yout but here we go

First off loading... Weigh your empty cart with a scale that goes to .01. Write it down or remember. Then load .5-.6 into the funnel. Now I use a heat gun, but used to use a small torch. Hold the cart with the bottom in your fingers. Heat the center of the cart and work your way up to the funnel. Once the cart is hot enough the oil will flow past the hot center to the heater. You will feel it get warm, NOT HOT.

Now technique...I start sucking lightly and hold the button down at the same time. You want to suck just enough to hear your airflow. Too little you will clog, too much you suck up oil. I hold it for 10-20 secs. While still hitting it gently let go of the button and continue to hit for like 5 seconds to clear the pathway. Exhale, enjoy, repeat, coma.

I find that the suction is a lil different for each type of oil, but all are very similar. Master the 2.4s that way but if you only have 1.5s, only hold the button for 5 seconds max. You can go back for more, but once it's too hot, leaks will follow.

Hope that helps

Geo Staccs

I need help. I bought the omicron V2 with high hopes but after filling one cart and getting some good puffs for a few days i had a problem...

the light started flashing to indicate low battery but when i plugged in charger it indicated batteries were full... my omicron V2 is still not functioning but i just noticed the blue light only flashes when the cart is attached, when the cart is removed the light is steady

can somebody help me or show me a link to somewhere they can help me.. point me in the right direction! thank you!

Geo Staccs,

pukkkapc

Sorry if this is not new for yout but here we go

First off loading... Weigh your empty cart with a scale that goes to .01. Write it down or remember. Then load .5-.6 into the funnel. Now I use a heat gun, but used to use a small torch. Hold the cart with the bottom in your fingers. Heat the center of the cart and work your way up to the funnel. Once the cart is hot enough the oil will flow past the hot center to the heater. You will feel it get warm, NOT HOT.

Now technique...I start sucking lightly and hold the button down at the same time. You want to suck just enough to hear your airflow. Too little you will clog, too much you suck up oil. I hold it for 10-20 secs. While still hitting it gently let go of the button and continue to hit for like 5 seconds to clear the pathway. Exhale, enjoy, repeat, coma.

I find that the suction is a lil different for each type of oil, but all are very similar. Master the 2.4s that way but if you only have 1.5s, only hold the button for 5 seconds max. You can go back for more, but once it's too hot, leaks will follow.

Hope that helps

Hey tharealmclovin, do you notice any difference in performance with the really dry flaky wax? I really like the high quality wax and sometimes I noticed that some work better than others and I have been playing around to see whether they work better in the 1.5's or 2.4's. Any thoughts on which cartridges better? Or is it better to use to concentrate with a more taffy/oily like consistency?

pukkkapc,

tharealmclovin

Shatters are tough and i like the 1.5s for that. I don't have access to liquid oil, but I have a steady supply of wax/taffy/stable stuff(but not shatter). With these the 2.4s are best. Seems that 1.5s seemed to leak more for me.

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: OF

OF

Thanks for the quick response, however the red charge light did not turn on when I had the setting at 650. Also, sometimes I leave my batteries on my charger overnight for over eight hours, does that damage my batteries? How long do they usually last if I frequently use it everyday?

And I have been reading all the great reviews on the 14500S and I was really tempted to order them when I ordered the new charger, but I just purchased a bunch of the 14650S and I didn't want them to go to waste. Do they hold a charge longer using the 1.5s or is it just the boost in power?

Not sure what to say about the lights thing, the current level shouldn't have anything to do with that, it sounds like a simple contact issue? Occasionally leaving them overnight in the charger should be OK, but I wouldn't make a habit of it. Chargers like this have a 'trickle' charge function full time so locked out batteries will unlock and charge after a while. This current technically is overcharging moderately, but compared to all the other things we do to these poor guys I doubt they notice a little more? I try to remember to keep an eye on mine, but don't get too upset if I blow it.

AWs are superior to other brands in terms of flat out power delivery, they are an even bigger improvement with 1.5s due to the even higher current rates. They have lower capacity, so they're hotter for less minutes.

To add a bit to TRM's excellent advice I also find an advantage in longer time frame power/heat control. I find if you keep track of the heat in the center of the cart (where the reservoir is). You want it warm enough so the oil is fluid and feeds well but not hot enough to cook it or cause flooding. This 'reading' of temperature can also be used to modify the cool down cycle, you need to draw more cold air through after heavy hits to control leaks and plugging.

Enjoy.

OF

OF,

pukkkapc

Not sure what to say about the lights thing, the current level shouldn't have anything to do with that, it sounds like a simple contact issue? Occasionally leaving them overnight in the charger should be OK, but I wouldn't make a habit of it. Chargers like this have a 'trickle' charge function full time so locked out batteries will unlock and charge after a while. This current technically is overcharging moderately, but compared to all the other things we do to these poor guys I doubt they notice a little more? I try to remember to keep an eye on mine, but don't get too upset if I blow it.

AWs are superior to other brands in terms of flat out power delivery, they are an even bigger improvement with 1.5s due to the even higher current rates. They have lower capacity, so they're hotter for less minutes.

To add a bit to TRM's excellent advice I also find an advantage in longer time frame power/heat control. I find if you keep track of the heat in the center of the cart (where the reservoir is). You want it warm enough so the oil is fluid and feeds well but not hot enough to cook it or cause flooding. This 'reading' of temperature can also be used to modify the cool down cycle, you need to draw more cold air through after heavy hits to control leaks and plugging.

Enjoy.

OF

Excellent information! I think the biggest problem I've been having is the leaks and plugging. I will definitely pay more attention to the temperature of my cartridges from now on. Sometimes it's just so hard not to keep hitting my new toy!

pukkkapc,

exit

I see the Omicron Light is finally in stock at PV. I like the 1.5 a lot on the Persei.

Is it a really big downgrade from the Persei in terms of vapor amount? Omicron Light vs a Vapir NO2 in terms of vapor amount perhaps?

It wouldnt be able to handle a Hercules for flower vaping would it?

exit,

tharealmclovin

Yes
10-20 for 2.4s
5-10 for 1.5s
2-3 for 5.0s

Now sometimes I go back for seconds same hit. So like hold it for 15 seconds while hitting it. I let go and continue to hit for 3-5 seconds. Then all still in the same breath I hold it for another 10-20 seconds while hitting it still. Once I'm almost full of vapor, I let off the button and continue to hit it, to cool it off. This is what is known as "chain hitting".

In version 1 we had a timeout, so the old users know this technique well.

tharealmclovin,

OF

Excellent information! I think the biggest problem I've been having is the leaks and plugging. I will definitely pay more attention to the temperature of my cartridges from now on. Sometimes it's just so hard not to keep hitting my new toy!
Do you hold the button for 10 to 20 seconds for the 2.4's?

Yeah, you can hold it down that long, but IMO if you go more than 8 or ten from cold you need to consider heat build up. A couple of 8 second hits together can build up heat same as a 20 plus second one would. If you don't slow it down enough between hits you can have the same issues as long straight runs.

I actually feel the cart sometimes to help keep track.

One 'trick' you can use if there are a couple of guys hitting or you're in a big hurry is to have a second cart handy to swap in. Or more I suppose. I carry loaded carts in 'doob tubes', they swap in in seconnds, between hits.

You're starting to get some insight to some of the problems with higher power carts. Remember those bulk heaters are more powerful too to support the needed volume of oil. This means you get into deeper trouble faster with them. If you haven't mastered this part on 2.4s where you have more time and a much more forgiving cart you're not going to learn it on higher powered ones....... It's easy to get lots of clouds. And lots of problems and waste of good concentrates.

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
yea, i keep a finger on the middle of the cart when using high voltage or low ohm carts
EDiT- sorry, so i can tell how hot it is :)

Bob Loblaw,

thegoo

Hello FC community!
Has anybody tried the Omicron light? I own all of thermovapes products(T1, Rev. Dart, CERA). While I am not looking for a replacement because I am very happy...I would like to diversify my collection. I had my heart set on a persei but I am really looking for something smaller, stealthier. Upon placing my order for the Ophos I was notified that it has been replaced by the Omicron Light. If anyone has any experience here I would love your input. Thanks in advance.
- the Goo

thegoo,

exit

I haven't tried an omicron light (i was asking about it some more last page) but it's pretty much the same thing with USB pass thru charging IIRC.

You know if you want something small you could run a Persei with the extra short tube in the super stealth kit. I doubt its as stealthy as this, but I haven't had the opportunity to use either the ophos or the omi light yet

exit,

Geo Staccs

I need help. I bought the omicron V2 with high hopes but after filling one cart and getting some good puffs for a few days i had a problem...

the light started flashing to indicate low battery but when i plugged in charger it indicated batteries were full... my omicron V2 is still not functioning but i just noticed the blue light only flashes when the cart is attached, when the cart is removed the light is steady

is it possible the flashing light is indicating a defective cart instead of low battery??

can somebody help me or show me a link to somewhere they can help me.. point me in the right direction! thank you!

Geo Staccs,

DubCRider

Where are you located Geo Staccs?

If you're in the Bay Area I can get you sorted out. Otherwise I would call Delta9Vapes directly or submit a ticket on the website.

DubCRider,

Geo Staccs

Where are you located Geo Staccs?

If you're in the Bay Area I can get you sorted out. Otherwise I would call Delta9Vapes directly or submit a ticket on the website.

I'm in San Diego.. it worked for a short while before it started acting up.. so the flashing light isnt perhaps indicating i overheated the cart or anything like that?.. just trying to narrow down the possibilities before i start ordering new batteries and new carts

Edit - I called and they said its most likely the cart so i ordered some more *fingers crosseed*

Geo Staccs,

tharealmclovin

My guess is you have low batteries. Let then charge for a couple hours. When they are dead it takes some work to get the charge started. I charge just before they die.

If that doesn't do it, my guess is defective top next.

Top Bottom